Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 28 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Date: February 5, 2018 05:40

do you believe in miracles

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 05:53

hopkins
Pretty good game. A bit of a chess game. Philly takes it and has earned it.
Brady had an incredible game yardage-wise...
...I'm a Patriot Nation man, but all respect and Congratulations to Philadelphia for a hard-earned and very smart, well-played, well-deserved, win.
Yup, I feel the same way. Well said.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2018 08:19

Patriots go down in flames. Brady the sore loser running off the field at the end. His wife Giselle bitching at the elevator. Malcolm Butler crying during anthem and never steps foot on the field for the defense. Brandin Cooks TKO'd after a catch. Brady strip-sacked, no comeback, game over.

Eagles win. This was the most humble win I've seen. Good for them and thanks for beating Brady and the Patriots.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 5, 2018 15:35

keefriff99
hopkins
...I'm a Patriot Nation man, but all respect and Congratulations to Philadelphia for a hard-earned and very smart, well-played, well-deserved, win.

Ditto. lol scratch my head moment was Cooks' catch and spin and BAM!! Either continue down field or slide down, don't spin around like it's a shooting gallery at an arcade.....eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Date: February 5, 2018 15:39

The Sicilian
Patriots go down in flames. Brady the sore loser running off the field at the end. His wife Giselle bitching at the elevator. Malcolm Butler crying during anthem and never steps foot on the field for the defense. Brandin Cooks TKO'd after a catch. Brady strip-sacked, no comeback, game over.

Eagles win. This was the most humble win I've seen. Good for them and thanks for beating Brady and the Patriots.
Are you having a flashback to 2012? She congratulated Eagles fans that she met:

[www.weei.com]

Tom not shaking Foles' hand is a supremely dick move.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 5, 2018 15:52

keefriff99
hopkins

And I'll third the sentiment.

Now I have to figure out the appropriate period of mourning to allow before trying to call Mom... Pretty sure she'll be taking this one hard.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 5, 2018 16:21

Sometimes running the ball 3 times and kicking a field goal is a good idea.

The Eagles obviously knew this. Last year,the Falcons did not and it most likely cost them the championship.

Philadelphia ran the ball 3 times and kicked a field goal to extend their lead to 8 points with 1:05 remaining in the game.

Atlanta could have done the same last year and extended their lead to 10 points with about four minutes to play in that game ..... but decided to call a passing play which resulted in disaster.

Date: February 5, 2018 16:37

Winning Ugly VXII
Sometimes running the ball 3 times and kicking a field goal is a good idea.

The Eagles obviously knew this. Last year,the Falcons did not and it most likely cost them the championship.

Philadelphia ran the ball 3 times and kicked a field goal to extend their lead to 8 points with 1:05 remaining in the game.

Atlanta could have done the same last year and extended their lead to 10 points with about four minutes to play in that game ..... but decided to call a passing play which resulted in disaster.

exactly. the patrios win because they take the points when they can, rarely go for 2 point conversions and rarely try trick plays. whenever a team playing the patriots does one of these things i cringe thinking it let the patriots win the game. why do the steelers keep going for 2 points every TD? waste of time

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: February 5, 2018 16:48

HouseBoyKnows
Maybe it's just that the there are no posters from the Philly area on this thread, but I have been surprised about how little respect the Eagles get, even after dominating the so-called best defense (Vikes) with a so-called backup quarterback (Foles).

The Pats are vulnerable and not invincible. We saw that during the regular season. They've lost SBs when favored before and barely won the last two (Seattle and Atlanta totally choked). Eagles are not a fluke.

So I think 5-6 point underdog is about right, but beware of the intangibles. I may be back to gloat 2 weeks from today.

HBK

Here I am to gloat. Just saying . . . I think I called it. Great game for the entirety. Both teams great. Eagles greater this time.

HBK

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 5, 2018 18:18

keefriff99
The Sicilian

Are you having a flashback to 2012? She congratulated Eagles fans that she met:

[www.weei.com]

Tom not shaking Foles' hand is a supremely dick move.

Yes Yahoo sports reporting she congratulated every Eagle player she came across.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 02:13 by virgil.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 5, 2018 19:34

HouseBoyKnows
HouseBoyKnows
Maybe it's just that the there are no posters from the Philly area on this thread, but I have been surprised about how little respect the Eagles get, even after dominating the so-called best defense (Vikes) with a so-called backup quarterback (Foles).

The Pats are vulnerable and not invincible. We saw that during the regular season. They've lost SBs when favored before and barely won the last two (Seattle and Atlanta totally choked). Eagles are not a fluke.

So I think 5-6 point underdog is about right, but beware of the intangibles. I may be back to gloat 2 weeks from today.

HBK

Here I am to gloat. Just saying . . . I think I called it. Great game for the entirety. Both teams great. Eagles greater this time.

HBK

Good call.
My team lost. I admire Foles a lot; he totally earned that win.
Tom threw for 505 yards; and has not a thing to be ashamed of in that regard.
It's a historic record.
I'm disappointed to hear that Brady wouldn't shake Foles hand and give him an 'attaboy.'
If that's true, and there weren't extenuating security concerns with the crowds or something, it shows a lack of sportsmanship I regret.

HBK, what should the Pats have done w Philly to secure a win yesterday in your opinion? Did they make a critical strategic mistake somewhere along the way?
Was it just the proverbial 'breaks.' They were obviously vulnerable but also Tom had a brilliant day and the best receivers were there for him.
We just got out-classed and out-played I guess.
Some of those Philly receptions on long throws with close coverage were beyond skillful and disciplined.
They really shone. Not so much the Jerks in Philly who equate looting and rioting with millionaires winning a ball game.

It was a great game. As a Sports fan I'm very happy with that game; it held me all the way through...
honestly, no dis-respect intended, I totally skipped the half-time show.
We've had many days in the sun; our Five NE states....
and many days of heart-ache cause Sox...lol...
I feel great about Philly and Foles coming to the fore; seems like a great guy.
Was Brady interviewed after the game?
I'm looking for that now, if anybody knows what he said or has a link, thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 19:41 by hopkins.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2018 19:53

Giselle was right - Tom Brady can't catch the ball, too. He can't even jump.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:16

hopkins
HouseBoyKnows
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

HBK

Good call.
My team lost. I admire Foles a lot; he totally earned that win.
Tom threw for 505 yards; and has not a thing to be ashamed of in that regard.
It's a historic record.
I'm disappointed to hear that Brady wouldn't shake Foles hand and give him an 'attaboy.'
If that's true, and there weren't extenuating security concerns with the crowds or something, it shows a lack of sportsmanship I regret.

HBK, what should the Pats have done w Philly to secure a win yesterday in your opinion? Did they make a critical strategic mistake somewhere along the way?
Was it just the proverbial 'breaks.' They were obviously vulnerable but also Tom had a brilliant day and the best receivers were there for him.
We just got out-classed and out-played I guess.
Some of those Philly receptions on long throws with close coverage were beyond skillful and disciplined.
They really shone. Not so much the Jerks in Philly who equate looting and rioting with millionaires winning a ball game.

It was a great game. As a Sports fan I'm very happy with that game; it held me all the way through...
honestly, no dis-respect intended, I totally skipped the half-time show.
We've had many days in the sun; our Five NE states....
and many days of heart-ache cause Sox...lol...
I feel great about Philly and Foles coming to the fore; seems like a great guy.
Was Brady interviewed after the game?
I'm looking for that now, if anybody knows what he said or has a link, thank you.

Those are thoughtful and balanced observations, Hopkins. I always enjoy your posts and I hope I can be as gracious when the Eagles get knocked off in a future big game.

First off, probably no surprise, but the vast majority of Philly sports fans are not crude obnoxious idiots. Every city has these buffoons who are often fueled by alcohol and nothing else meaningful going on their lives. Today the city is on Cloud Nine (hope some do not attempt to torch it). My 28 year old son was in the post game celebration crowds and took it all in as "the greatest day of his life". He's a Philly firefighter and high school football coach and represents the real passionate fan base, not the goons.

It's hard to point to any one factor in the game. It could have gone either way right up to that hail Mary pass at the end. I was very surprised at how ineffective our defense was against the Pats and was deathly afraid of getting into a shoot-out with Brady, which we somehow survived.

The intangibles went our way. Like our gadget play pass to the QB worked. Yours didn't. Some aggressive play calling from Pederson which has become his trademark. But the biggest play was stripping the ball from Brady at the end when it seemed inevitable that he was about to lead the game winning TD drive.

I think Brady is getting a bad rap on the post-game. Yeah, he left the field quickly, but I saw footage of him shaking hands and congratulating Eagles in the hallways of the locker rooms afterwards.

It feels great when you beat the best and playing Jacksonville would not have been as meaningful. See you again next year.

HBK

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 6, 2018 05:57

Thanks HBK.

But dang, if Tom had caught that easy pass. Whoa. He was totally in the clear. All alone out there.
Foles pulled his chance at a trick-play off seamlessly, quickly and beautifully;
made an excellent TD catch. Looked like a damn receiver they way he pulled that off; gracefully too.
Has that happened before in a Superbowl?
A Quarterback catching a TD pass?
And as it turns out, score-wise, a critical and game-saving one.

Date: February 6, 2018 07:24

But Brady isn't a receiver and the pass was outside his fingertips. Put the ball on his chest and move on.

Date: February 6, 2018 15:29

Maindefender
But Brady isn't a receiver and the pass was outside his fingertips. Put the ball on his chest and move on.

brady looked as old dirt whenever he had to move a few steps outside of the pocket and use his feet

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 6, 2018 15:36

keefriffhard4life
Maindefender

brady looked as old dirt whenever he had to move a few steps outside of the pocket and use his feet

agree. a runner he ain't.

Date: February 6, 2018 16:32

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
Maindefender

agree. a runner he ain't.
He never has been. Have you seen his combine 40? He's always been gangly.

Date: February 6, 2018 16:33

keefriffhard4life
Maindefender

Patriots may not hire an official OC next year.....

Date: February 6, 2018 18:21

keefriffhard4life
Maindefender

He makes Drew Brees look like a 20 year old.

Date: February 6, 2018 18:37

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
Maindefender

He makes Drew Brees look like a 20 year old.
That's all well and good, but he still:

- Won MVP at age 40
- Got to the Super Bowl at age 40
- Broke the record for passing yards in a playoff game at age 40

Date: February 6, 2018 18:49

You do know if Brees had gotten to more Super Bowls he would've set so many records Brady wouldn't have any of that.

Date: February 6, 2018 19:13

GasLightStreet
You do know if Brees had gotten to more Super Bowls he would've set so many records Brady wouldn't have any of that.
And how many championships would Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing have if Michael Jordan had never existed?

Brees probably has more natural passing gifts. He has 4000 more yards and is tied with Brady for TDs (488) despite having one less year in the league.

Brady benefits from being in Belichick's system, but I'd still take Brady's mental edge in high-pressure situations any day.

Date: February 6, 2018 20:34

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
And how many championships would Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing have if Michael Jordan had never existed?

Brees probably has more natural passing gifts. He has 4000 more yards and is tied with Brady for TDs (488) despite having one less year in the league.

Brady benefits from being in Belichick's system, but I'd still take Brady's mental edge in high-pressure situations any day.

It's just a fact that Brees is a better QB than Brady. His stats prove that he would've set various Super Bowl records.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2018 20:41

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet

It's just a fact that Brees is a better QB than Brady. His stats prove that he would've set various Super Bowl records.

Facts are verifiable. Lots of also rans in the GOAT category.
Hate him, but Brady has the receipts that matter.

Date: February 6, 2018 20:46

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet

Facts are verifiable. Lots of also rans in the GOAT category.
Hate him, but Brady has the receipts that matter.

Sure, 5 SBs. But stats wise, Brees is better and he will finish his career ranked higher than Brady. Which is more than enough to be the GQBOAT.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:02

As a lifetime fan of football, I enjoyed the game immensely. Though my teams weren't in it (Rams, Seahawks), it was very entertaining to watch.
I enjoyed all the interaction on this thread throughout the season and I'm looking forward to next season already! But first, baseball!

See you all on this thread later in the year.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:57

DaveG
As a lifetime fan of football, I enjoyed the game immensely. Though my teams weren't in it (Rams, Seahawks), it was very entertaining to watch.
I enjoyed all the interaction on this thread throughout the season and I'm looking forward to next season already! But first, baseball!

thumbs up

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:31

I'm still rooting for my western NY, Buffalo Bills (hey, we did finally make the play-offs this year!)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 7, 2018 00:09

DaveG

It's hard to get excited about baseball until at least September.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 28 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home