Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 30, 2018 08:02

LeonidP
Maindefender
Francesa left the FAN in December in style. On Thursday he received nothing but calls from guests over the years and Friday totally listeners. I live in North Central MA and much preferred him over the two Boston blowhard outlets. The last year he was much less vitriol. Yeah I catch Boomer a little in the morning he's good.

Boomer is a big fan of Mets & Knicks, like myself, and although he claims that he is unbiased and has no football favorite, deep down, from his childhood, he is a Jets fan, also like me! And of course, he was a great quarterback too!
Boomer seems like a cool guy, but my god, Carton was unlistenable. He's a repulsive excuse for a human being, plus his voice was nails on a chalkboard. I wasn't surprised when he was arrested for running a Ponzi scheme...seems like it would be right up his alley.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2018 02:24

Every Super Bowl Halftime Show Since 1993, Ranked From Worst to Best

23. The Rolling Stones (2006)

There are two notable things about this performance: 1) The Rolling Stones played on a stage shaped like the band’s lips-and-tongue logo, and 2) the people of Detroit, where that year’s game was played, were pissed because no Motown artist was asked to perform. Also, the Stones only did three songs. Three. And one of them was their latest single, “Rough Justice.” A note to the Rolling Stones: No one wants to hear the new stuff, especially at the Super Bowl.

[www.vulture.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2018 06:04

Cristiano Radtke

There are two notable things about this performance: 1) The Rolling Stones played on a stage shaped like the band’s lips-and-tongue logo, and 2) the people of Detroit, where that year’s game was played, were pissed because no Motown artist was asked to perform. Also, the Stones only did three songs. Three. And one of them was their latest single, “Rough Justice.” A note to the Rolling Stones: No one wants to hear the new stuff, especially at the Super Bowl.

[www.vulture.com]

3. The only band to perform live.

Date: February 3, 2018 06:07

Cristiano Radtke

[www.vulture.com]
Uhh, okay...

Whoever wrote this clearly has no love for classic rock. Not the way I'd rank them, but whatever.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 3, 2018 06:11

Ha, I have a Super Bowl football post:

There was a show on last night, first time aired,

[www.espn.com]

It was excellent!

The Two Bills
Film Summary
Bill Belichick will one day join Bill Parcells in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. When the time comes, they'll have far more in common than a place in Canton-or a first name. The Two Bills, directed by Ken Rodgers and produced by NFL Films, traces the four-decade relationship between these two coaching masters. They first met when Belichick was a teenager and his father was coaching for Navy while Parcells was coaching at Army. On the same day in 1979, they became assistants with the New York Giants, and after Parcells took over as head coach, they won two Super Bowls together. Buttressed by what he learned from Parcells, Belichick would go on to win five Super Bowls of his own with the Patriots. Through all the ups and downs of their careers, including some memorable games when they were on opposite sides of the field, they forged a bond that few men of their stature have ever experienced. Two Bills, but one epic story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 06:12 by 35love.

Date: February 3, 2018 07:11

Ah, I GOTTA see The Two Bills.

30 For 30 is such an incredible series. ESPN really hits it out of the park with every episode.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2018 16:00

enjoyed 2 bills. they made belichek seem almost human. still can't forgive him for the unfortunate bon jovi connection & the super bowl against seahawks. i know that was more seahawks fault than his but it still stings!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:18

Looks like Prince will be making a half-time "appearance " in his hometown..
[www.tmz.com]

The whole deceased artist made into a hologram thing is super creepy imo.
Wonder if artists are starting to stipulate their desire to or not to be made into one in their wills.. managing their careers from beyond so to speak.. Could see the Glimmers doing that.

Date: February 3, 2018 17:56

crholmstrom
enjoyed 2 bills. they made belichek seem almost human. still can't forgive him for the unfortunate bon jovi connection & the super bowl against seahawks. i know that was more seahawks fault than his but it still stings!
It was ALL the Seahawks' fault! Even though I was rooting for the Pats, the Seahawks should have won.

At least you have 2014. I couldn't believe how great that team was. One of the best defenses I've ever seen...they made the Peyton and the Broncos look like clowns.

Date: February 3, 2018 21:29

MisterDDDD
Looks like Prince will be making a half-time "appearance " in his hometown..
[www.tmz.com]

The whole deceased artist made into a hologram thing is super creepy imo.
Wonder if artists are starting to stipulate their desire to or not to be made into one in their wills.. managing their careers from beyond so to speak.. Could see the Glimmers doing that.

the secret is out. it has been hologram keith since the coconut tree incident. explains a lot of things.... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 4, 2018 01:45

keefriff99
Ah, I GOTTA see The Two Bills.

30 For 30 is such an incredible series. ESPN really hits it out of the park with every episode.

Then you can watch Four Bills...consecutive losses in the Super Bowl.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 5, 2018 01:32

The coin's been tossed. Eagles receive.
Kickoff.

Foles making a Ton of completions. 12 plays in and the Eagles are on the ONE yard line.
First series of the game. 5 yard offensie penalty. 3rd down and Goal.
Settling for a Field Goal, but they've drawn blood.
3-0 Eagles, after the very first series, 14 plays into the game.

Ok, Tom, your turn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 01:43 by hopkins.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 02:02

Eagles looking good so far but the false start near the endzone which eventually lead to a field goal instead of a likely touchdown on the opening drive and now missing a point after on the td. Mistakes like these will come back to bite you in the end.

Date: February 5, 2018 02:18

Foles looking good

Date: February 5, 2018 02:57

What a @#$%& up game so far.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2018 03:07

Wow - crazy play by Philly - had me fooled!

Date: February 5, 2018 03:11

Tricky friggin play there for that Philly TD.
Wow that was like magic. A balzy Trick Play on 4th down.
Bradys got almost no time but he's working the ball downfield hoping for Field Goal range with just a few seconds left in the half.
Nope. Had to spike it. Has to make a Hail Mary w 3 seconds on the clock; unlikely to score.

Philly end the First Half Ahead: 22 to 12.

Pink has such a great voice. I don't even have any of her albums or anything but I'm gonna find her stuff and listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 03:12 by hopkins.

Date: February 5, 2018 03:16

I've always liked Pink, even when she first started. Reminds me of college.

Date: February 5, 2018 03:26

I think this is what Justin is trying to do; I guess.
Kinda sad and noisy. but these guys seemed to nail it.
[www.youtube.com]
Alright!! My Half Time Party!! whoo hoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 03:27 by hopkins.

Date: February 5, 2018 03:28

WTF is this - is it all the same song, or is it a medley of his hits? lol

Date: February 5, 2018 03:38

f all this pop crap at half time. give me metallica or axl rose out there with a cig & bottle of jack daniels. better yet: axl/dc. angus will show them how it's done.

Date: February 5, 2018 03:41

Ah OK, so he did a brief tribute to Prince amidst his "hits".
Glad there was no hologram, but still used a projection of Prince to duet with - bad taste imo.

Timberlake

2018 Super Bowl: Justin Timberlake scraps Prince hologram for halftime show
After drawing fire for the initial decision, Timberlake is reportedly no longer using a Prince hologram

MINNEAPOLIS -- It's time to see what Justin Timberlake has planned for halftime. One thing we know now is that it won't involve a hologram.

Over the weekend, rumors popped up about Timberlake wanting to bust out a hologram of the Purple One during his Super Bowl LII halftime show. It was going to be part of a tribute to Prince and his many connections to Minneapolis, Minnesota and the Vikings.

But according to longtime Prince pal Sheila E., she spoke to Timberlake on Saturday night and confirmed there will be no hologram during the halftime show.

The goal of the hologram, apparently, was to try and honor Prince. But Prince, in an old 1998 interview with Guitar World, said playing with a hologram of a deceased musician would be "the most demonic imaginable."

"That's the most demonic thing imaginable," Prince said at the time. "Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing … it really is demonic. And I am not a demon. Also, what they did with that Beatles song ['Free As a Bird'], manipulating John Lennon's voice to have him singing from across the grave … that'll never happen to me. To prevent that kind of thing from happening is another reason why I want artistic control."

Busting out a hologram of Prince at the Super Bowl in Minnesota this soon after Prince died would NOT sit well with the wishes of the music legend.

It might have made for some cool theater, but Timberlake would have been skewered for it. The lack of knowledge about Prince's preference for no hologram is a little concerning when it comes to the potential for a tribute to go wrong, but there is also a good chance we just get a very simple cover of a song or a cool montage from Timberlake.

There is a very good chance JT decides to cover a Prince song -- the odds of him dropping "Let's Go Crazy," "Purple Rain" or "1999" indicate an expectation we'll hear something by Prince.

Just rest easy knowing it won't be a demonic hologram of Prince.

Glad that's over - probably the worst ever imo - now back to the game. thumbs up

crholmstrom
f all this pop crap at half time. give me metallica or axl rose out there with a cig & bottle of jack daniels. better yet: axl/dc. angus will show them how it's done.

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 03:42 by Hairball.

Date: February 5, 2018 04:19

Was that a good TD or a bobbled ball just now. Or too close to call!??
I mean they called it a TD, but I'm not sure it really was one.

Great TD pass and catch. Brady comes alive with some very quick long shots.
3 point game. and a good one imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-04 18:14 by hopkins.

Date: February 5, 2018 04:25

Tight game - should be an exciting 4th quarter.
Kind of fun watching as I don't really have a dog in this fight - leaning for Philly, but the Pats are always dangerous in the end.

Date: February 5, 2018 04:39

Still think the Eagles have the edge here. They're a more complete team.

Date: February 5, 2018 04:41

33 Pats to 32 for Eagles. Whoa. Pats come from behind. Again.
In the 4th Quarter. Again.
Brady gets hot. The receivers get hot.
A lot of game to go tho.
9 and something minutes to go on the regulation clock.

Date: February 5, 2018 04:51

5 minutes to go. Foles aces a balzy move and passes on the 4th Down and pickups a fresh First Down on reception.
Time of the essence for both teams now.
So many close games come down to who gets that last possession.
The Pats play-off win for example. The Jaguars were hot but ran out of time.

Date: February 5, 2018 05:19

Great game...Eagles deserve it.

Date: February 5, 2018 05:20

Pretty good game. A bit of a chess game. Philly takes it and has earned it.
Brady had an incredible game yardage-wise...
...I'm a Patriot Nation man, but all respect and Congratulations to Philadelphia for a hard-earned and very smart, well-played, well-deserved, win.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 5, 2018 05:36

Another Super Bowl that came down to the last play.
Great game!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home