Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 61
Re: "Mick Jagger" video shoot in London - "Gotta Get a Grip"?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 9, 2017 16:29

drinking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-09 16:32 by hopkins.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 9, 2017 17:19

RipThisBone
35love
Hey, I thought this was cool, right after US election a brief word from
Mick, Ronnie, Charlie, Keith
during their Exibitionism sit down talks
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

They've been around long enough to know exactly what to say and that was perfect!

I remember an interview with Elvis where they asked him about some social/political viewpoint, and he said he'll keep his social views private.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 9, 2017 17:21

I hope it's not a poor song like "Sweet Neocon" or 'I Can't take it no more'.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

sad smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 9, 2017 17:44

can only hope that Jagger has a new version of Neocon for what's happening now...so scathing and so simplistic....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2017 19:31

KRiffhard

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

sad smiley

As long as it's relegated to a Mick solo outing it's fine...keep that crap off of the new Stones album please.
Sweet Neocon is awkward in every way, and that Superheavy tune just gave me an instant headache - forgot how bad some of that stuff is.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2017 19:41

Grrr, I'm going out on a limb here to say I like Sweet NeoCon. Mostly for the lyrics. Sometimes it's hard to avoid politics, kind of makes me feel apologetic to bring it up.

Date: July 9, 2017 19:49

Hairball
KRiffhard

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

sad smiley

As long as it's relegated to a Mick solo outing it's fine...keep that crap off of the new Stones album please.
Sweet Neocon is awkward in every way, and that Superheavy tune just gave me an instant headache - forgot how bad some of that stuff is.

thumbs up

Re: "Mick Jagger" video shoot in London?
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 9, 2017 20:13

bye bye johnny
Mick with clothing designer Shane Gonzales - maybe related to the video shoot?

Mick Jagger and Myself, London 2017.
(Don't really know what to say or how to caption this photo. But thank you @skeptagram for the introduction & taking this.)

[www.instagram.com]

Yes, or for the fall tour wardrobe.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2017 20:34

It's also on preorder on Amazon Japan:

CD: [www.amazon.co.jp]

Vinyl: [www.amazon.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-09 20:36 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: July 9, 2017 21:02

It looks like there were filmings for both songs and not only for Gotta Get a Grip (many thanks to Nico Zentgraf for the info):

[www.suzcruz.co.uk]

Date: July 9, 2017 21:13

Cristiano Radtke

No info from the one concerned!!!

Date: July 9, 2017 21:18

KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke

No info from the one concerned!!!

I'm not sure what you meant.

The info on those links are that Mick's single will be released in CD and vinyl on July 21, although there's not so much more info about it.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 9, 2017 21:23

I'm curious what people think: is there any real benefit or advantage these days to producing a music video? Will it move more digital or physical units? Influence streams?

Not trying to be flip, just honestly wonder what purpose it serves, beyond a sort of 'that's the way we've always done it before.' It seems very last century to me ... but maybe there's some good reason for doing it?

Date: July 9, 2017 21:37

LongBeachArena72
I'm curious what people think: is there any real benefit or advantage these days to producing a music video? Will it move more digital or physical units? Influence streams?

Not trying to be flip, just honestly wonder what purpose it serves, beyond a sort of 'that's the way we've always done it before.' It seems very last century to me ... but maybe there's some good reason for doing it?

That's a very good and interesting observation. I really can't see Mick's videos having billions of views on YouTube like some artists have these days. Take as an example the latest Rolling Stones video (Ride'em on Down), which has 15 million+ views in 7 months, which is more or less the same views that Katy Perry's latest video have but after only 6 days.

Date: July 9, 2017 21:48

Cristiano Radtke
LongBeachArena72

That's a very good and interesting observation. I really can't see Mick's videos having billions of views on YouTube like some artists have these days. Take as an example the latest Rolling Stones video (Ride'em on Down), which has 15 million+ views in 7 months, which is more or less the same views that Katy Perry's latest video have but after only 6 days.

Yeah, the stats are even worse for "doom and gloom" --9 million after several years--and "hate to see you go"--only 4 million. Hard to believe numbers like that lead to anything meaningful in terms of promotion. I suspect it may just be habit, part of a legacy approach--"hey, we've got new product ...how're we gonna market it? i know! ... let's do a video!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-09 21:48 by LongBeachArena72.

Date: July 9, 2017 21:57

LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke
LongBeachArena72

Yeah, the stats are even worse for "doom and gloom" --9 million after several years--and "hate to see you go"--only 4 million. Hard to believe numbers like that lead to anything meaningful in terms of promotion. I suspect it may just be habit, part of a legacy approach--"hey, we've got new product ...how're we gonna market it? i know! ... let's do a video!"

Yes, that makes sense. thumbs up

It's very curious to notice that their most viewed video is not really "new": the "official lyric video" for Paint it Black, posted in november 2015, which has 57 million + views so far.

Date: July 9, 2017 22:06

Cristiano Radtke
LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke
LongBeachArena72

Yes, that makes sense. thumbs up

It's very curious to notice that their most viewed video is not really "new": the "official lyric video" for Paint it Black, posted in november 2015, which has 57 million + views so far.

I can't prove it but I think there's something going on with "Paint It, Black."

It's consistently among their top 3 or 4 most-streamed songs on Spotify (at the moment it's got 13MM more streams than "Start Me Up," e.g.). It's a great song, of course, but I think there must be some kind of media tie-in or mention of it in some other artist's feed that is driving at least some of this traffic.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 9, 2017 22:09

my young kids (7 years or less) love both the PIB and D&G lyric videos. Something about all that splattered paint appeals to them. And the awesome music.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 9, 2017 22:18

kovach
I remember an interview with Elvis where they asked him about some social/political viewpoint, and he said he'll keep his social views private.
I saw a clip from that interview as well, I believe it was actually a press conference.

However, the company he was seen in gave some idea of his leanings.

Date: July 10, 2017 00:48

"Skepta and Mick Jagger, London 2017. (One of the most inspiring days of my life.)"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: July 10, 2017 00:53

Date: July 10, 2017 01:06

'One of the most inspiring days of my life'

Who said that?
Skepta or Mick?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2017 01:10

"Skepta and Mick Jagger, London 2017. (One of the most inspiring days of my life.)"

THAT"S COOOOOL ta read that .... GO Mick..... love ya man

ROCKMAN

Date: July 10, 2017 01:10

peoplewitheyes
'One of the most inspiring days of my life'

Who said that?
Skepta or Mick?

None of them. Shane Gonzales (the guy who posted the photo) was the one who said that.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 10, 2017 01:16

......micky, micky, micky ....

----------m.

Date: July 10, 2017 01:16

thanks Cristianothumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:00

DandelionPowderman
Skepta: [en.m.wikipedia.org]

"Skepta, is a British grime artist, rapper,"...etc.etc..

Grime artist? WTF is that?

I typed in 'Skepta' in to youtube search, and this is the very first video:

Skepta - Shutdown

I predict another Superheavy/Will.I.Am type collaboration with all the current bells and whistles thrown in...along with some rapping* throughout.
Seems Mick is aiming for the youngsters again while trying to be young himself...will it be any good?
I probably would have been happier with an acoustic blues tune instead, or even another crappy country duet with Don Henley...but won't judge until I hear it.

*Theres nothing completely wrong with Rap IMO as I do like a few old rap tunes myself (Geto Boys come to mind), but does it really belong on a Jagger/Stones recording? (see Anybody Seen My Baby)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-10 03:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:02

So I'm completely baffled. Is this just a two song single or is a Full Jagger solo album coming out also? Nothing heard from GEorgelicks yet.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:59

stonehearted
kovach
I saw a clip from that interview as well, I believe it was actually a press conference.

However, the company he was seen in gave some idea of his leanings.

Yeah, you're right, it was a press conference, I think part of the "This Is Elvis" special for his first tour after the '68 comeback special if I'm not mistaken.

Referencing your picture, the movie made a few years ago on that meeting was very entertaining!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 10, 2017 04:05

All we know (and only because of social media and then pre-orders for music retail outlets) is that there is a single coming with music videos for both tracks. There's been nothing from Universal/Polydor/Interscope or MickJagger.com as of yet.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home