Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 61
Re: "Mick Jagger" video shoot in London - "Gotta Get a Grip"?
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 14, 2017 14:38

Nate
MisterDDDD
Nate

Given that Muhammad is now the most popular new born boys name in this country makes brexit the least of this country's problems

Nate

Blatant racism or nah?

I don't know how many times I have had to explain to people it has nothing to do with race it is about a set of ideas.

I won't say anything else on this now.

Nate

Whoops sent twice by mistake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-14 15:02 by stone4ever.

Date: July 14, 2017 15:00

Nate
MisterDDDD
Nate

Given that Muhammad is now the most popular new born boys name in this country makes brexit the least of this country's problems

Nate

Blatant racism or nah?

I don't know how many times I have had to explain to people it has nothing to do with race it is about a set of ideas.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 01:11 by stone4ever.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 14, 2017 15:33

If Mick is going to be singing about Brexit it's going to be hard to keep politics off the board !

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 14, 2017 15:44

EJM
If Mick is going to be singing about Brexit it's going to be hard to keep politics off the board !

We have no idea what he's singing about yet.
Let's wait and see.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 14, 2017 15:46

Wasn't Mick pro-Brexit?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 14, 2017 16:15

I remember reading Mick said at first Brexit might seem okay. But later on it would become a mistake. Don't have particular quotes or source, maybe someone else does?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 14, 2017 16:18

He hedged his bets and didn't give a straight answer.

“To me personally, I don’t think [the result] is going to make a huge difference. I think to the country in the short term [leaving the EU] will be detrimental. In the longer term, in a twenty-year term, it might turn out to be beneficial”.
[www.nme.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 14, 2017 16:19

What are the chances of Mick using '...the cards are on the table ...'
Or rhyming Sexit with Brexit

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 14, 2017 16:19

EJM

"England lost" could be about cricket as well.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: July 14, 2017 16:20

EJM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 01:24 by stone4ever.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 14, 2017 16:34

stone4ever
EJM

I have to laugh at this one, what a multi million pound globe trotting social climber like Mick Jagger or any other celebrity thinks about Brexit or anything else in Britain is irrelevant.
They are out of touch with how people think, i guess they assume we all have the same views as people in University's and the politically correct mind control media etc. I talk to a lot of people, and the rich and famous elite are way out on what the average Joe thinks about Brexit.

Mick has been faking being a Rock Star since the late 70's.
It's all an act.
I would suggest Mick stays out of politics, leave it to hypocrites like BONO.
Once upon a time Mick and the boys really did have something to comment on having come from London in England, if Mick or Keith went to The London Borough of Newham today for a pint of beer they wouldn't know where they was, white British (not necessarily English) people amount to 16 % of the population.

[en.wikipedia.org]
He's got just as much of a right to comment on politics as some average schmuck on the street.

YOUR problem is with celebrities who espouse opinions you disagree with. If you were an American, I'm sure you would whine incessantly about liberal celebrities, but have no problem with idiots like Ted Nugent or Kid Rock shooting their low-class mouths off.

Just be honest: you don't like hearing opinions from celebrities you disagree with.

Date: July 14, 2017 16:38

keefriff99
Wasn't Mick pro-Brexit?

Not sure what he really think's, but i'm betting Mick is having one last attempt at getting in with the young, he might take an anti Brexit stance, or possibly lets just get over it 'Lets Work Together' stance with his young compatriot Skepta

Don't ya just luv it people, this could be 'Lets Work' Mk 2, as in 'Lets Work Together' winking smiley

Oh great Mick you make the world a better place, do i hear the chorus of yay Mick yo da man ?

Date: July 14, 2017 16:49

keefriff99
stone4ever
EJM

I have to laugh at this one, what a multi million pound globe trotting social climber like Mick Jagger or any other celebrity thinks about Brexit or anything else in Britain is irrelevant.
They are out of touch with how people think, i guess they assume we all have the same views as people in University's and the politically correct mind control media etc. I talk to a lot of people, and the rich and famous elite are way out on what the average Joe thinks about Brexit.

Mick has been faking being a Rock Star since the late 70's.
It's all an act.
I would suggest Mick stays out of politics, leave it to hypocrites like BONO.
Once upon a time Mick and the boys really did have something to comment on having come from London in England, if Mick or Keith went to The London Borough of Newham today for a pint of beer they wouldn't know where they was, white British (not necessarily English) people amount to 16 % of the population.

[en.wikipedia.org]
He's got just as much of a right to comment on politics as some average schmuck on the street.

YOUR problem is with celebrities who espouse opinions you disagree with. If you were an American, I'm sure you would whine incessantly about liberal celebrities, but have no problem with idiots like Ted Nugent or Kid Rock shooting their low-class mouths off.

Just be honest: you don't like hearing opinions from celebrities you disagree with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 01:26 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2017 20:04

Wondering what shoes Mick might be wearing in that cover shot...I'm thinking black Nike's or Reeboks...something casual and comfortable.
Or maybe those bright blue ones he wore in the recent pic under the London tree ?
Then again, since it's just a cover shoot, maybe he's gone barefoot?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 14, 2017 21:29

stone4ever
American's, you treat the Native Indians, Native Americans like second class citizens, shame on you, America is their birth right.
Riffie, not trying to take you to task or anything, but it isn't technically true.

First off, "Native American" is just one of those apologist PC terms, which doesn't apply because it assumes so-called Native Americans are all one specific ethnicity, when, in fact, the people on the continent pre-Columbus were of many different tribes, most of whom never interacted and some of whom who likely feuded and fought -- the human monkey is, after all, a territorial animal. smiling smiley

Did it ever occur to you that many so-called Native Indians -- certainly not from the land of curry and Krishna -- actually have a certain Asian look about them? Consider this: There was a time when the waters of the Bering Strait were lower, which would have made it easier for people to migrate from the Asian continent to what later became known as the North American continent.

So, you see -- so-called Native Americans are actually neither.

And even if they were, none of them ever laid claim to the land coast to coast as a republic. They were merely scattered tribes, many of whose languages were even different from one another: [www.native-languages.org]

By the way, I notice you Brits don't have much acknowledgment for the original "Native Britons" like the Brythons, and your German friends the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Frisians. Instead, like your offshoots in the States, you just incorporated some of their tribal names and carried on as countrymen rather than as tribesmen. smoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 14, 2017 21:46

Hairball
Wondering what shoes Mick might be wearing in that cover shot...I'm thinking black Nike's or Reeboks...something casual and comfortable.
Or maybe those bright blue ones he wore in the recent pic under the London tree ?
Then again, since it's just a cover shoot, maybe he's gone barefoot?

'I've walked for miles, my feet HURT'

Date: July 14, 2017 22:58

stonehearted
stone4ever
American's, you treat the Native Indians, Native Americans like second class citizens, shame on you, America is their birth right.
Riffie, not trying to take you to task or anything, but it isn't technically true.

First off, "Native American" is just one of those apologist PC terms, which doesn't apply because it assumes so-called Native Americans are all one specific ethnicity, when, in fact, the people on the continent pre-Columbus were of many different tribes, most of whom never interacted and some of whom who likely feuded and fought -- the human monkey is, after all, a territorial animal. smiling smiley

Did it ever occur to you that many so-called Native Indians -- certainly not from the land of curry and Krishna -- actually have a certain Asian look about them? Consider this: There was a time when the waters of the Bering Strait were lower, which would have made it easier for people to migrate from the Asian continent to what later became known as the North American continent.

So, you see -- so-called Native Americans are actually neither.

And even if they were, none of them ever laid claim to the land coast to coast as a republic. They were merely scattered tribes, many of whose languages were even different from one another: [www.native-languages.org]

By the way, I notice you Brits don't have much acknowledgment for the original "Native Britons" like the Brythons, and your German friends the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Frisians. Instead, like your offshoots in the States, you just incorporated some of their tribal names and carried on as countrymen rather than as tribesmen. smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 01:22 by stone4ever.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:09

stone4ever
I'm talking about England, i'm talking about the changes in my country in the time frame that i and my parents have lived here. Virtually no English live in the area of London my parents came from, its been that way for decades. Is it fair to experience that sort of change between the end of the second world war to today.
To be a white English Male in England is becoming to feel like being a second class citizen, so we have that in common with your Native Indians, well put it this way, in time i can see my grandchildren being the minority in this Country.
I'm no historian but i can comment on the changes i have seen in my life and its also happening all over Europe. Is it a good thing ? i'm not so sure, good if you have no Nationalistic pride whatsoever i suppose. This is probably what is behind all this, the elite want one world order and to achieve that people need to loose their sense of National identity.
It's simply the result of globalism. The fact that it happens in Europe as well means that it's contrived.

Between the 1930s up until the early 1980s, there was a temporary truce between the rich and poor. Banks and corporations were regulated. If you put one dollar in the bank, the bank would add 6% interest a month -- you could actually make money by keeping it in the bank. Corporations were not allowed to own every other company in every other sector, etc. -- now everything is just one massive conflict of interest.

This all began in the 1980s when George H.W. Bush (the real president of the Reagan administration) began pushing for corporate deregulation. No coincidence also that private college tuition starting going through the roof. Up to the 1980s, you had a strong middle class, with a voice in how things in culture and politics would be decided -- a strong working class, too, where a high school education and a manufacturing job meant you could buy a house and support a family. Now, there's only rich and poor, and if you're not rich, you're basically living in indentured servitude to a government that is nothing more than a corporate-owned oligarchy.

The immigration -- along with the across the board gentrification of urban environments -- is all part of the contrived plan of globalism: to make Western culture homogeneous, generic, sterile; to keep the population docile by ensuring that they are ethnically fragmented, rather than culturally integrated. Because if everyone speaks the same language, then they could be unified and stand up together against all the corporate and political tyranny. They force it down people's throats and try to put a positive spin on it with a goody-two-shoes PC term like "multiculturalism" -- the real term is "pluralistic ethnic isolationism".

What we have today is a blend of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and George Orwell's Animal Farm.

The only people who profit from globalism and the resultant economic offshoot known as the EU are the rich investor class -- not you and me, pal.

If MJ thinks "England Lost" because they voted to retain a bit of their traditional cultural identity, and thereby sending a two-finger salute to globalism and all the damage it's done to Western culture in the last 30 years, well, then, I just don't know what to say, except that I'll likely be ignoring that song past the initial obligatory listen.

You know, I'd like to chat with MJ's investment banker, just to see what his investment portfolio consists of.

Come to think of it, maybe it's better not to know anything about a so-called cherished rock star's views, or about their lives in general. Maybe it's better instead to have the self-conceived myth instead, like in the old days. One might find that the more one knows about them on a personal level, the less one is liable to like.

No doubt MJ understands this on some level, which is why he has always kept himself more enigmatic in the public sense, never wrote that tell-all, myth-busting autobiography.

Wow! I just hit "Preview" and realize I'm practically writing a book in my own right. I'd better shut up now and get back to work!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 15, 2017 00:14

stonehearted
stone4ever
I'm talking about England, i'm talking about the changes in my country in the time frame that i and my parents have lived here. Virtually no English live in the area of London my parents came from, its been that way for decades. Is it fair to experience that sort of change between the end of the second world war to today.
To be a white English Male in England is becoming to feel like being a second class citizen, so we have that in common with your Native Indians, well put it this way, in time i can see my grandchildren being the minority in this Country.
I'm no historian but i can comment on the changes i have seen in my life and its also happening all over Europe. Is it a good thing ? i'm not so sure, good if you have no Nationalistic pride whatsoever i suppose. This is probably what is behind all this, the elite want one world order and to achieve that people need to loose their sense of National identity.
It's simply the result of globalism. The fact that it happens in Europe as well means that it's contrived.

Between the 1930s up until the early 1980s, there was a temporary truce between the rich and poor. Banks and corporations were regulated. If you put one dollar in the bank, the bank would add 6% interest a month -- you could actually make money by keeping it in the bank. Corporations were not allowed to own every other company in every other sector, etc. -- now everything is just one massive conflict of interest.

This all began in the 1980s when George H.W. Bush (the real president of the Reagan administration) began pushing for corporate deregulation. No coincidence also that private college tuition starting going through the roof. Up to the 1980s, you had a strong middle class, with a voice in how things in culture and politics would be decided -- a strong working class, too, where a high school education and a manufacturing job meant you could buy a house and support a family. Now, there's only rich and poor, and if you're not rich, you're basically living in indentured servitude to a government that is nothing more than a corporate-owned oligarchy.

The immigration -- along with the across the board gentrification of urban environments -- is all part of the contrived plan of globalism: to make Western culture homogeneous, generic, sterile; to keep the population docile by ensuring that they are ethnically fragmented, rather than culturally integrated. Because if everyone speaks the same language, then they could be unified and stand up together against all the corporate and political tyranny. They force it down people's throats and try to put a positive spin on it with a goody-two-shoes PC term like "multiculturalism" -- the real term is "pluralistic ethnic isolationism".

What we have today is a blend of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and George Orwell's Animal Farm.

The only people who profit from globalism and the resultant economic offshoot known as the EU are the rich investor class -- not you and me, pal.

If MJ thinks "England Lost" because they voted to retain a bit of their traditional cultural identity, and thereby sending a two-finger salute to globalism and all the damage it's done to Western culture in the last 30 years, well, then, I just don't know what to say, except that I'll likely be ignoring that song past the initial obligatory listen.

You know, I'd like to chat with MJ's investment banker, just to see what his investment portfolio consists of.

Come to think of it, maybe it's better not to know anything about a so-called cherished rock star's views, or about their lives in general. Maybe it's better instead to have the self-conceived myth instead, like in the old days. One might find that the more one knows about them on a personal level, the less one is liable to like.

No doubt MJ understands this on some level, which is why he has always kept himself more enigmatic in the public sense, never wrote that tell-all, myth-busting autobiography.

Wow! I just hit "Preview" and realize I'm practically writing a book in my own right. I'd better shut up now and get back to work!

Thank you, well said.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:18

Interesting post Stonehearted, i agree on all points, you are certainly enlightened to what's going on with society today and i wholeheartedly agree with your observations on MJ. Spot on my friend.
Ok i also apologize for going off topic, is there a way i can send you my email for a chat.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 15, 2017 00:29

Nate
MisterDDDD
Nate

Nate

Blatant racism or nah?

Nate

Agree. Not as much a problem in the U.S., because there are so many other immigrants and we have a way to assimilating cultures. My friends in England say there is less assimilation and more people holding onto values that clash with the prevailing culture.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:29

stone4ever
is there a way i can send you my email for a chat.
Sure, John -- just edit your post and drop it in, and I'll wait here to write it down. Then I'll post that I've got it, and you can edit again to delete it. That seems like the only way round here. smiling smiley

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 15, 2017 00:44

man, what a bunch of friggin' BS. what does any of this crap have to do with mick's new single? talk about giving the internet a bad name, STFU.

oh and IORR sociologists, american indians hadn't even invented the wheel. western europeans built ships and discovered the world. the chinese built a wall and stayed home. this ain't the place to discuss the advantages and flaws of those cultural dynamics.

....and now back to the stones.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:53

stonehearted
stone4ever
Sure, John -- just edit your post and drop it in, and I'll wait here to write it down. Then I'll post that I've got it, and you can edit again to delete it. That seems like the only way round here. smiling smiley[/quo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 00:56 by stone4ever.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:55

stone4ever
stonehearted
stone4ever
Sure, John -- just edit your post and drop it in, and I'll wait here to write it down. Then I'll post that I've got it, and you can edit again to delete it. That seems like the only way round here. smiling smiley

OK, John, got it! I'll drop a line in the next few days, or maybe even this weekend, when I've got a free moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 03:19 by stonehearted.

Date: July 15, 2017 00:57

stonehearted
stone4ever
stonehearted
stone4ever

OK, John, got it! I'll drop a line in the next few days, or maybe even this weekend, when I've got a free moment.

Ok no worries.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 08:55 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2017 02:25

Here ya go Longbeach .... snapped off a few shots of Blue & Lonesome
on display around shops in the city yesterday ... say what ya like
about the cover but the BLUE & TONGUE does it's job... dominates and draws the eye to it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 15, 2017 02:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 02:56 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2017 02:35

For a $$$price.... Some guy in Russia can probably help ya ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 15, 2017 02:36

Rockman
For a $$$price.... Some guy in Russia can probably help ya ...

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 02:55 by stone4ever.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home