Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 201x
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 17, 2017 04:16

Hairball
Thanks Dean for passing along the info., and thanks to Don Was for breaking the news- an inside source if there ever was one.

thecitadel
Thanks Dean. this could mean:

"I'm not supposed to tell journalists anything, so I'll kick it into the long grass to be difficult" or

"They keep adding tracks, and at this rate it will be as long a All Things Must Pass and take me ages to finish producing" or

"With the UK, Australia and US tours in 2018 they won't have enough time to finish a new record" or...

Or..........

- A GRRRR volume II or something of that nature with a couple of new ones tacked on (if any were even finished).

- Or maybe a new stand alone Stones single (again if any were finished).

- A new Keith solo album

- A new Mick solo album (or another single)

- Blue and Lonesome pt. II

- No Filter LIVE

Maybe after the UK, Australia (?), and US (?) mini-tours they'll try to reconvene.
I thought things would get flowing after No Filter, but looks like little has happened.
Anyhow, 2019 is not that far away in the big picture.

"Still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it" - Keith

eye rolling smiley

I"M GOING to sound as if I'm talking out of both sides of my arse here but I gotta call spinning the truth here on Don Was.

As I said before.. one could easily say "Ian .. you agree and say listen to Don Was .. he's their producer again ont this very album ...blah ...blah ...blah" = when things are positive about the album but when he says anything that isn't in line with your wishes.. you then say he is bullsh**ting us ....what gives'?

Believe me.. I get that and I understand that. Hear me out.. Was is simply keeping things quiet and is being elusive with the fact of the matter.

Universal are gonna friggin DEMAND an album this year.. I am sure there is a time frame. The Stones are working on it..

The album is to come next year.. and guess what .. If I find out within the next few months it's not officially on tap until 2019 .. then I dont give a @#$%& because that would be ridiculous at that point. Right now it's friggin long in the tooth as all get out and really irritating on getting an album out but by then it would be ridiculous and Id have to concede that they simply cannot write together .. or alone.. or they are too much in disagreement.

It is coming next year... They started on it in 2015 ... It will be delivered. Contract says so Im sure.

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 17, 2017 04:54

IanBillen
Was is simply keeping things quiet and is being elusive with the fact of the matter.
Universal are gonna friggin DEMAND an album this year.. I am sure there is a time frame. The Stones are working on it..
It is coming next year... They started on it in 2015 ... It will be delivered. Contract says so Im sure.

Against all odds and doubting the closest inside source there is, good old Ian keeping the hope alive...smileys with beer

IanBillen
"Ian .. you agree and say listen to Don Was .. he's their producer again ont this very album ...blah ...blah ...blah" = when things are positive about the album but when he says anything that isn't in line with your wishes.. you then say he is bullsh**ting us ....what gives"?

thumbs up

And remember the blog comments from Chucks wife from August - "Chuck was called in...to put tracks on a new musical project which will come out in the winter months".
Hmmm...maybe she was talking about the winter months of 2019?

bitusa2012
Gonna be a posthumous release at this rate. For either a band member, or more likely, me.

My prediction stands firm...2019 ...but could take longer. If there's a will there's a way...

confused smiley

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 17, 2017 06:27

Mojo magazine - Feb 2018 just arrived, There is an interview with MJ about On Air by Mark Paytress to which he set's the scene:- 'Mick Jagger is in Los Angeles about to spend the afternoon listening to Multitracks for the forthcoming as yet untitled Rolling Stones LP. - MJ "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took of on tour earlier this summer. I'm gonna pick out the ones I really like and Keith will be listening to it too. Im in the process but not quite there yet".The article does not give a date.

Also Stones on cover and inside 10 page article on TSMR.
[www.mojo4music.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-17 06:33 by Tonstone.

Date: December 17, 2017 07:25

Thanks for the heads up Tonstone - used to have a subscription to Mojo and Uncut for years, but didn't renew either of them a few years ago.
Still buy the occasional copy from the book store, and this looks like a keeper. thumbs up

"THIS MONTH, MOJO RELIVES the madness of The Rolling Stones’ psychedelic 1967, as they fought to keep pace with the Beatles while the British police and tabloid press – in sinister consort – strove to clap them in irons. Meanwhile, our FREE CD is 2,000 Light Years From Home, a total wig-flipper compiling acid-warped British rock from ’67 to ’70, including Small Faces, The Pretty Things, Arthur Brown and more".

Looking forward to a copy and the accompanying free cd!

Mick was just in L.A. and SoCal a week or so ago (and maybe still is?), so that interview must be very recent!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-17 07:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 17, 2017 08:36

Tonstone
Mojo magazine - Feb 2018 just arrived, There is an interview with MJ about On Air by Mark Paytress to which he set's the scene:- 'Mick Jagger is in Los Angeles about to spend the afternoon listening to Multitracks for the forthcoming as yet untitled Rolling Stones LP. - MJ "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took of on tour earlier this summer. I'm gonna pick out the ones I really like and Keith will be listening to it too. Im in the process but not quite there yet".The article does not give a date.

[www.mojo4music.com]

Thanks Tonstone!thumbs up

Re: Another Stones studio album in 201x
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 17, 2017 08:51

IanBillen
Hairball
Thanks Dean for passing along the info., and thanks to Don Was for breaking the news- an inside source if there ever was one.

thecitadel
Thanks Dean. this could mean:

"I'm not supposed to tell journalists anything, so I'll kick it into the long grass to be difficult" or

"They keep adding tracks, and at this rate it will be as long a All Things Must Pass and take me ages to finish producing" or

"With the UK, Australia and US tours in 2018 they won't have enough time to finish a new record" or...

Or..........

- A GRRRR volume II or something of that nature with a couple of new ones tacked on (if any were even finished).

- Or maybe a new stand alone Stones single (again if any were finished).

- A new Keith solo album

- A new Mick solo album (or another single)

- Blue and Lonesome pt. II

- No Filter LIVE

Maybe after the UK, Australia (?), and US (?) mini-tours they'll try to reconvene.
I thought things would get flowing after No Filter, but looks like little has happened.
Anyhow, 2019 is not that far away in the big picture.

eye rolling smiley

I"M GOING to sound as if I'm talking out of both sides of my arse here but I gotta call spinning the truth here on Don Was.

As I said before.. one could easily say "Ian .. you agree and say listen to Don Was .. he's their producer again ont this very album ...blah ...blah ...blah" = when things are positive about the album but when he says anything that isn't in line with your wishes.. you then say he is bullsh**ting us ....what gives'?

Believe me.. I get that and I understand that. Hear me out.. Was is simply keeping things quiet and is being elusive with the fact of the matter.

The album is to come next year.. and guess what .. If I find out within the next few months it's not officially on tap until 2019 .. then I dont give a @#$%& because that would be ridiculous at that point. Right now it's friggin long in the tooth as all get out and really irritating on getting an album out but by then it would be ridiculous and Id have to concede that they simply cannot write together .. or alone.. or they are too much in disagreement.

I read what was said. I get it. However...

The record buying public won't know the difference. There will be some hype, a poster or whatever in Barnes & Noble or Best Buy, if that even happens, yet alone the glut of hype on FB and Twitter and etc.

So when it happens, it happens. When there is a Vault release, it's not hyped. It's just there. That won't happen with a new LP.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 17, 2017 08:56

Hairball
At this point, I suppose all we can hope for now is a No Filter live album which also is better than nothing...maybe.

Maybe indeed. I might be a sucker enough if it includes 4 songs that are not the nostalgia trip they've been on since 2012 (or the BANG tour for that matter).

Seems that they'd tweak it a bit - release 2 tracks online that are not the usual, say, Dancing With Mr D and She's A Rainbow.

But why do anything different at this point?

Date: December 17, 2017 10:12

In the meantime, what about a IORR or GHS deluxe version with a CD bonus? Better than other blues covers or another live album!

Date: December 17, 2017 10:29

KRiffhard
In the meantime, what about a IORR or GHS deluxe version with a CD bonus? Better than other blues covers or another live album!

And while we're at it, the 40th anniversary of Beggars Banquet is just around the corner - I'd like to request a deluxe and super deluxe version of this please.
Similar to this unofficial release from 2002 > Beggars Banquet +7, but with even more extras, outtakes, demos, etc.

Date: December 17, 2017 10:49

Hairball
KRiffhard

And while we're at it, the 40th anniversary of Beggars Banquet is just around the corner - I'd like to request a deluxe and super deluxe version of this please.
Similar to this unofficial release from 2002 > Beggars Banquet +7, but with even more extras, outtakes, demos, etc.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 17, 2017 10:59

40th anniversary of BB?

Date: December 17, 2017 11:15

Monsoon Ragoon
40th anniversary of BB?

Oops must be losing my sense of time ...make that 50 years!!!! thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 17, 2017 11:52

Hairball

And while we're at it, the 40th anniversary of Beggars Banquet is just around the corner - I'd like to request a deluxe and super deluxe version of this

We are actually approaching the 40th anniversary of the start of this new album...40 months!

Rod

Date: December 17, 2017 12:17

Hairball
KRiffhard

Yeah that'd be great. One or two bonus CDs with things like the Keith Richards lead vocals version of Salt Of The Earth would probably make more sense than five new albums together. They will do something I think, but probably just a lavish repackaging with mono and stereo recordings and not a single minute of new music.

Date: December 17, 2017 12:34

50th anniversary of Beggars Banquet smileys with beer
Some good stuff for a bonus CD:
Highway Child
[youtu.be]
Travellin Man
[youtu.be]
Stuck out all alone
[youtu.be]
Family
[youtu.be]
Jivin Sister Fanny
[youtu.be]
Sweet Lucy (this a nice cover!)
[youtu.be]
Hillside Blues
[youtu.be]
Still a fool
[youtu.be]
Blood Red Wine
[youtu.be]
Pay your dues
[youtu.be]
Jumping Jack Flash [Original Mono Mix]
And i was a country boy
[youtu.be]

Date: December 17, 2017 12:35

KRiffhard
Highway Child
[youtu.be]
Travellin Man
[youtu.be]
Stuck out all alone
[youtu.be]
Family
[youtu.be]
Jivin Sister Fanny
[youtu.be]
Sweet Lucy (this is a nice cover!)
[youtu.be]
Hillside Blues
[youtu.be]
Still a fool
[youtu.be]
Blood Red Wine
[youtu.be]
Pay your dues
[youtu.be]
And i was a country boy
[youtu.be]
Child of the Moon [Original Mono Mix]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-17 12:58 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 17, 2017 14:18

KRiffhard
Highway Child
[youtu.be]
Travellin Man
[youtu.be]
Stuck out all alone
[youtu.be]
Family
[youtu.be]
Jivin Sister Fanny
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
Hillside Blues
[youtu.be]
Still a fool
[youtu.be]
Blood Red Wine
[youtu.be]
Pay your dues
[youtu.be]
And i was a country boy
[youtu.be]

... Which we all have. Surely there are some HIDDEN gems, somewhere?

Rod

Date: December 17, 2017 14:25

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
Highway Child
[youtu.be]
Travellin Man
[youtu.be]
Stuck out all alone
[youtu.be]
Family
[youtu.be]
Jivin Sister Fanny
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
Hillside Blues
[youtu.be]
Still a fool
[youtu.be]
Blood Red Wine
[youtu.be]
Pay your dues
[youtu.be]
And i was a country boy
[youtu.be]

... Which we all have. Surely there are some HIDDEN gems, somewhere?

I'm sure there are at least two CDs full of releaseable material that we don't know alone from 1968. Just making the bootleg tracks official doesn't make much sense for us, most of them are available in nearly official sound meanwhile.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 17, 2017 14:32

Hairball
Thanks for the heads up Tonstone - used to have a subscription to Mojo and Uncut for years, but didn't renew either of them a few years ago.
Still buy the occasional copy from the book store, and this looks like a keeper. thumbs up

"THIS MONTH, MOJO RELIVES the madness of The Rolling Stones’ psychedelic 1967, as they fought to keep pace with the Beatles while the British police and tabloid press – in sinister consort – strove to clap them in irons. Meanwhile, our FREE CD is 2,000 Light Years From Home, a total wig-flipper compiling acid-warped British rock from ’67 to ’70, including Small Faces, The Pretty Things, Arthur Brown and more".

Mick was just in L.A. and SoCal a week or so ago (and maybe still is?), so that interview must be very recent!

He was attending a Christmas party this weekend, in London: [www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: December 17, 2017 16:18

KRiffhard
Highway Child
[youtu.be]
Travellin Man
[youtu.be]
Stuck out all alone
[youtu.be]
Family
[youtu.be]
Jivin Sister Fanny
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
Hillside Blues
[youtu.be]
Still a fool
[youtu.be]
Blood Red Wine
[youtu.be]
Pay your dues
[youtu.be]
And i was a country boy
[youtu.be]

"Sweet Lucy" is in fact Downtown Suzie, written by Bill. It was officially released on Metamorphosis.

Date: December 17, 2017 16:19

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

He was attending a Christmas party this weekend, in London: [www.mirror.co.uk]

He was at his brother's 70th birthday party, I believe.

Date: December 17, 2017 18:03

They could name the new album "Perpetually Delayed" and release it in 2025 because at this rate that's probably when we'll see it.

Date: December 17, 2017 20:21

georgemcdonnell314
They could name the new album "Perpetually Delayed" and release it in 2025 because at this rate that's probably when we'll see it.

Then it would only be delayed, not perpetually delayed...

Date: December 17, 2017 21:00

bitusa2012
Hairball

And while we're at it, the 40th anniversary of Beggars Banquet is just around the corner - I'd like to request a deluxe and super deluxe version of this

We are actually approaching the 40th anniversary of the start of this new album...40 months!

The title of new album and tour...40 and Counting...it all makes sense now!

40th Anniversary of Some Girls is coming up (hard to believe...where does all the time go?). While The Deluxe edition was great, there's bound to be tons more stuff to make another.
I'm ready for a Super Duper Quadruple multi-format Ultimate Holy Grail Supersize Deluxe which could include a large coffee table book of pics and all major interviews c.'77/'78.

Anyhow, Mick doesn't seem to enthusiastic or inspired to work on what they have: "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took on the tour earlier this summer"....thought he and/or the Stones might have at least talked about it during the tour, but maybe there's alot of built up friction tied in with the subject? And as Dean Goodman said after speaking with Don Was: "I didn't get the sense there was much progress or rush". Oh well, in the meantime I suppose fantasizing about anniversary releases will keep us preoccupied. Maybe some miracle will happen and it will still get done sooner rather than later...hopefully in this decade thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 17, 2017 22:50

They should dusted off new jersey show ..... (From the vault serie II)

Date: December 18, 2017 01:28

If you noticed .. Here is how little we actually know... It was reported here in the early fall that The Stones didn't talk about the album at all while on tour of The UK last summer .. (which as I noted at the time that I found that hard to believe).

Well fast forward to now.. Here we have every indication they spoke of it.. After all .. We now know Mick was actually going through Rolling Stones songs ..>>WHILE ON TOUR<< .. for the upcoming album. Everyone here was thinking not only was it probably pushed completely aside .. ..but that they never even mentioned it while on tour at all between each other (that is almost certainly not the case as we are now finding out via Micks quote below).

Quote >> MJ "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took of on tour earlier this summer."

I doubt he's lying about it.

Point is this ... They have not definitely forgot it or abandoned it ...and as well .. we don't know what the heck they talk about or are doing day by day.

Seems to me it is still on plans for 2018 ..

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 01:38 by IanBillen.

Date: December 18, 2017 01:58

IanBillen
We now know Mick was actually going through Rolling Stones songs ..>>WHILE ON TOUR<< .

Hmmmm....

The way I read that quote "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took off on tour earlier this summer" is that he hasn't listened to or even thought about the tracks since before the tour started which was Sept. 9 (over three months ago). Maybe at the very beginning of the tour, burt definitely not towards the middle or end. It was mpj200 who gave us some inside info about the album not being talked about, and there's no reason to doubt him as nothing in that quote from Mick indicates the Stones as a band gave it any thought at all. But back in L.A. a week or so ago , he's finally giving it some thought again. "I'm gonna pick out the ones I really like...I'm in the process but not quite there yet". If these recordings were anywhere close to completion, you would think he could sit down and pick out the ones he likes within a few hours or a few days at the most and then send them to Keith. Maybe Mick is second guessing all the work that was done, or at the very least heavily scrutinizing it all. Which makes me wonder what Keith was doing in the New York studio besides working on new ideas for a Stones album - maybe he has a plan B if the Stones album keeps getting brushed aside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 02:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 18, 2017 04:33

Tonstone

[www.mojo4music.com]

I like that Mick and Keith are working together...thumbs up

Date: December 18, 2017 05:58

Hairball
IanBillen
We now know Mick was actually going through Rolling Stones songs ..>>WHILE ON TOUR<< .

Hmmmm....

The way I read that quote "I have not heard it for a while, probably not since the Stones took off on tour earlier this summer" is that he hasn't listened to or even thought about the tracks since before the tour started which was Sept. 9 (over three months ago). Maybe at the very beginning of the tour, burt definitely not towards the middle or end. It was mpj200 who gave us some inside info about the album not being talked about, and there's no reason to doubt him as nothing in that quote from Mick indicates the Stones as a band gave it any thought at all. But back in L.A. a week or so ago , he's finally giving it some thought again. "I'm gonna pick out the ones I really like...I'm in the process but not quite there yet". If these recordings were anywhere close to completion, you would think he could sit down and pick out the ones he likes within a few hours or a few days at the most and then send them to Keith. Maybe Mick is second guessing all the work that was done, or at the very least heavily scrutinizing it all. Which makes me wonder what Keith was doing in the New York studio besides working on new ideas for a Stones album - maybe he has a plan B if the Stones album keeps getting brushed aside.

Howdy Mr. Hair ..

My point was this .. I am sure the album .. and the material 'came up' at least casually between the members here and again. I'm sure there were mentions in gist of them finishing the material.

Everyone acted like they simply forgot all about it and that the concept of the album was no more. I am not knocking Mpj2000 or saying he was full of it or anything.. I was simply saying we dont know what they say behind closed doors .. none of us are there. What we do know is they have an album in the works (very ...very slow in the works ...lol I admit) and there is plans to release it next year...

Date: December 18, 2017 06:56

Hi Ian. I was also hoping and thinking they would at least talk about the album during the tour- whether it was during soundchecks, backstage, or wherever...or even while traveling in between cities. And if I recall, someone was doubting any of that could happen...saying "why would they talk about a new album at soundcheck? Or backstage? Or anywhere? They're in the middle of a tour"!!! But sure enough, mpj200 let it be known that it never happened, so I have to put my trust in his inside knowledge of the situation. And now Mick says he hasn't listened to any of the tracks "for awhile, probably not since the Stones took off on tour earlier this summer"....in other words months ago. Make of that what you will - if you think they worked on it during the tour or even talked about it behind closed doors during the tour, that's your choice. But something tells me it was the furthest thing from any of their minds as they had priorities to deal with and taking care of the business at hand - the No Filter Tour. What we know now based on what Don Was said ..."You probably won't see it in 2018."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 07:01 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home