Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...260261262263264265266267268269270...LastNext
Current Page: 265 of 704
Re: Recording in a Week in LA
Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: January 20, 2019 22:23

Rocky Dijon
Henson Studios if it's L.A. is the likely answer.

You mean they've gotten so desperate they're looking to the muppets for help in completing the new album?

Date: January 20, 2019 22:39

I hope new album In at least december!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 20, 2019 22:41

northof49
Rocky Dijon

You mean they've gotten so desperate they're looking to the muppets for help in completing the new album?

No, I mean Henson bought A & M Studios and it's been there go-to for many years now.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 20, 2019 22:58

northof49
Rocky Dijon

If the muppets can help a band do this, it would be awesome for the Stones to play with them!

[youtu.be]

Date: January 20, 2019 23:30

"Heartbreaker" and Mick's "Too Many Cooks (Spoil the Soup)" show the influence of touring with Stevie Wonder and Wonderlove as does utilizng Ollie Brown and Steve Madaio. Of course, "Heartbreaker" on the 1973 European tour shows the beginnings of "Fingerprint File," but that's not really Stevie Wonder's influence so much as Curtis Mayfield, I imagine.

And good as the performance on SESAME STREET was, it was great actually, I don't think the Muppets had anything to do with it.

A & M was where mixing and overdubbing for VOODOO LOUNGE occurred. Henson Studios is where Mick cut SUPERHEAVY, where mixing and overdubbing for EXILE DELUXE and SOME GIRLS DELUXE occurred, and where some of the long-gestating Stones album has been recorded over the last couple years.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-20 23:35 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2019 23:39

ChrisL
northof49
Rocky Dijon

If the muppets can help a band do this, it would be awesome for the Stones to play with them!

[youtu.be]

I imagine the sessions will be similar to this - the reluctant sax soloist "you expect me to play this man?"...smiling smiley

The Muppets

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: January 21, 2019 01:15

Hairball
ChrisL
northof49
Rocky Dijon

[youtu.be]

I imagine the sessions will be similar to this - the reluctant sax soloist "you expect me to play this man?"...smiling smiley

The Muppets

Since Keith is obviously not happy with Mick's recent songwriting efforts, perhaps he could hook-up with Kermit & Miss Piggy and create a few more Stones' classics. After all, 33% of something definitely tops 50% of nothing.cool smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 21, 2019 02:13

Cristiano Radtke
IanBillen
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
Can't play the video, but good news on the recording front.

IanBillen
Can't play the video now. They must of removed the video option?

What exactly was he asked and what did he say?

Here

Thanks ... Seems to be Stones related .. Not positive by the way he said it .. but much more so than not it appeared.

He responded 'recording in LA bout this time next week and getting ready to tour' all in the same sentence. He acted as if the two things were for the same band .. and that band is ...you know who .. ...

Keith, on his interview for BBC4's Shaun Keaveny (from 1:49:20): "at the moment we're... the Stones are going into the studio next week"

There we have it. Thanks much for the elaboration / update!

As well it is stated (by Keith) that he and Mick have a lot of material .. and that they have met several times this year alone in trying to work on it / work on creating more. Take this into consideration with the band sessions and the work they did in 2015, 2016, 2017 .. I'm sure they have a ..Loaaaaaad.. of new material.

Here is to hoping there is great stuff involved and that they choose the right path in production / recording the rest of it.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 21, 2019 03:28

Van Halen cut "A Different Kind of Truth" at Henson... apparently DLR liked working in there. He convinced Eddie to get out of 5150 to do the album, and then they played live at Henson for the release party...

Started as Charlie Chaplin's studio way back, didn't it?

Date: January 21, 2019 07:10

TKinOH

Yes.

[hensonrecording.com]

Date: January 21, 2019 07:44

Rocky Dijon
TKinOH

Yes.

[hensonrecording.com]

Yes .. but LA has more recording studios in the San Fernando Valley that possibly New York City. It probably has about five (maybe 6) top notch / premium recording studios they could choose from (with about twenty other smaller second class ones). Why are all out eggs at Henson Studios? (I realize they recorded there before but still ...).

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 21, 2019 08:15

I wonder if they will be in town on February 9 as Waddy has a show that night?

Date: January 21, 2019 08:23

BluzDude
I wonder if they will be in town on February 9 as Waddy has a show that night?

That would be up here in Ventura at Discovery - maybe Keith will visit my neck of the woods? eye popping smiley smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-21 08:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 21, 2019 08:36

Was Charlie called up for these sessions?

Date: January 21, 2019 15:47

hopkins
Was Charlie called up for these sessions?

Well ... I would assume so ...(and HOPE! Lol ha)

Date: January 21, 2019 17:21

IanBillen
Yes .. but LA has more recording studios in the San Fernando Valley that possibly New York City. It probably has about five (maybe 6) top notch / premium recording studios they could choose from (with about twenty other smaller second class ones). Why are all out eggs at Henson Studios? (I realize they recorded there before but still ...).

First off, I used the word "likely" for Henson for a reason. It's possible they'll be elsewhere, but in the last decade when they've worked in L.A. it's been Henson. Why? Possibly because Henson's affiliation with Universal offers a favorable booking rate. Maybe they just like the sound of the room.

Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2019 23:53

Former A&M Studios.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:03

Was looking at the history of artists that have recorded there - The Cult recorded there in the 1990s, not 1980s.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:11

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen

First off, I used the word "likely" for Henson for a reason. It's possible they'll be elsewhere, but in the last decade when they've worked in L.A. it's been Henson. Why? Possibly because Henson's affiliation with Universal offers a favorable booking rate. Maybe they just like the sound of the room.

Roger that .. just was curious of the reasoning (or thought perhaps someone had gotten wind it was to be there).

Doubt we will know much of where or how it's going down. Probably won't know what transpired until after its all done.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:13

Some work for A BIGGER BANG was done there as well.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:37

Might be a good reason to change studios in order to avoid the ABB curse.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:47

Pretty sure A BIGGER BANG was done at Ocean Way (formerly Western Studios) except for "Rough Justice" which was an eleventh hour addition at Village Recorder.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: January 22, 2019 02:06

I thought ABB was almost totally recorded on laptops at Mick’s house.

Date: January 22, 2019 05:11

nonfilter
I thought ABB was almost totally recorded on laptops at Mick’s house.

No! Some of it was ... It was also recorded at a couple studios. They did demos on laptops at Micks house and some other tracks / songs there .. It is where the base of it was created but they also were in the studio recording it.

Ian

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 22, 2019 08:59

They wanted to go somewhere warm, although it's been cool and rainy here lately

Date: January 22, 2019 22:03

A BIGGER BANG

Recorded in France & St. Vincent, West Indies.
Digitally edited at Karma Farm, Manhattan Beach, CA.
Additional engineering and editing at Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Mastered and digitally edited at Magnussen Mastering, Hollywood, CA.
1: Mixed at The Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA.
2, 3, 5 to 11, 15: Mixed at Ocean Way Recording, Los Angeles, CA.
4, 6, 12 to 14, 16: Mixed at Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA.

[www.discogs.com]

Date: January 22, 2019 22:11

Thank you kindly for that. My senility is showing, I fear.

Date: January 23, 2019 04:27

Rocky Dijon
Pretty sure A BIGGER BANG was done at Ocean Way (formerly Western Studios) except for "Rough Justice" which was an eleventh hour addition at Village Recorder.

Rocky : Actually 'Oh No Not You Again' was an 11'th hour addition .. It was of the last or the last song to be written and recorded for the album I believe. The song was not yet recorded when they performed it at Juliard (but 85% of the album was finished up to that point according to Jagger .. he could of also been factoring mixing that had yet to take place). I always was under the impression Rough Justice was around from some of the start of that record?

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 23, 2019 12:53

I think a song was inspired by my dog Ruff Justice, a Jack Russell who chases ducks and geese around the pond. I faxed him a photo of the chase in 2004. She's still alive and killing any rat who gets into the garage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 12:56 by chatoyancy.

Date: January 23, 2019 13:00

chatoyancy
I think a song was inspired by my dog Ruff Justice, a Jack Russell who chases ducks and geese around the pond. I faxed him a photo of the chase in 2004. She's still alive and killing any rat who gets into the garage.

smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...260261262263264265266267268269270...LastNext
Current Page: 265 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home