Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...262263264265266267268269270271272...LastNext
Current Page: 267 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 24, 2019 01:41

Certainly not in circulation. The rough mixes are it. That said, Chatoyancy's connection doesn't limit itself to circulating outtakes.

A question for Chatoyancy: when you were seventeen and spending time with the guitar player in another band who hung out with Keith for a bit, did you also know a girl called Margaret who was in the same situation? Just curious since your stories allign in many ways.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 24, 2019 02:07

IanBillen
Bands don't go to recording studios such as this to rehearse .. ...

I remembered something on youtube that showed the Stones rehearsing in a studio. 2002? I remember Slave being given a try.

Also the Dead rehearsed in their studio, the recordings were good for a truckload of boots. Admitted, the Dead mostly/often rehearsed new songs (or so I remember, haven't listened to the tapes/CDs for a while). Generally, it is not uncommon to tape rehearsals, for obvious reasons.

In the case of the Stones it would seem rather unlikely that they rehearse new originals for the upcoming tour, though .... Anyway, hopefully they are productive there and give us some results to listen to one day.

Hairball
By the time the weeks over, might be just enough time to get their guitars properly tuned.

They sure can afford a top notch axe tech for each individual string. Might just save enough time ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 24, 2019 03:47

doitywoik
IanBillen

I remembered something on youtube that showed the Stones rehearsing in a studio. 2002? I remember Slave being given a try.

Also the Dead rehearsed in their studio, the recordings were good for a truckload of boots. Admitted, the Dead mostly/often rehearsed new songs (or so I remember, haven't listened to the tapes/CDs for a while). Generally, it is not uncommon to tape rehearsals, for obvious reasons.

In the case of the Stones it would seem rather unlikely that they rehearse new originals for the upcoming tour, though .... Anyway, hopefully they are productive there and give us some results to listen to one day.

Hairball
By the time the weeks over, might be just enough time to get their guitars properly tuned.

They sure can afford a top notch axe tech for each individual string. Might just save enough time ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Doitywork.. they were rehearsing Slave in 2002 in a 'rehearsal studio' .. that was not a 'recording studio'. (Blondie Chaplin was corrected by Mick Jagger as to what sequence to hit the cowbell during the rehearsal of that song .. I know the footage).

Take my word for it .. nobody books time at Henson to rehearse for a tour. It's impractical and not cost effective (and they would be pretty bewildered by that request).

People (most major bands) rehearse at a place known as 'Mates' in this area. *I've had the pleasure of being at both places. They are two different places with totally different equipment etc and two different agendas. Rehearsal studios are used for major acts to rehearse for a tour at (with a stage / platform set-up .. PA .. all types of outboard gear designed for a live set) .. especially now-a-days .. not World class recording studios (and with their record producer). Jus sayin.

Ian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 07:24 by IanBillen.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 24, 2019 04:22

Sipuncula
According to Martin Elliott, Rough Justice was the last song cut for the album. Wikipedia: "Recording began at La Fourchette, Posé sur Cisse, France in June 2005" and ONNYA May-June 2005 (no citations however). Charlie was said to play on the ONNYA theme in reference to repeatedly returning to the studio. No mention of either song before May 2005 on the Zentgraf site that I could find (first mention is rehearsing ONNYA 5/9 for the Juliard gig the next day).

In any case, if one or both of these were done towards the end of the album sessions (debatably two of the strongest cuts on the album, and the Stones certainly thought so), I wonder what prompted returning to the studio... Maybe they (or the record company) figured that the album was not "ready" yet. Is history repeating itself in 2019? Hmm...

Rough Justice:

Recording date: November-December 2004, March-April & June 2005 (June for mixing most likely at The Village).

ONNYA:

November-December 2004, March-April & June 2005

*The final recording of ONNYA was cut in April. Rough Justice had completed being recorded in April of 05 as well. (Both songs were mixed in June).

Rough Justice was was mixed at The Village in June of 05. ONNYA was not worked on at The Village. ONNYA was probably mixed at Ocean Way.

I always thought they had to record and mix ONNYA after the press conference.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 24, 2019 08:26

Any sightings of the Stones in the studio??
Jeroen

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 09:09

…… Charlie just turned up on a fine Arab charger …...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 24, 2019 11:06

runrudolph
Any sightings of the Stones in the studio??
Jeroen

No news on Twitter.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 24, 2019 16:03

Sorry if I missed something: was this studio recording session planned? I mean, did we know already that it was heppening? Last time i lurked this thread everything seemed to be packed-see-you-after-the-tour-maybe
Something changed?

Date: January 24, 2019 16:08

maumau
Sorry if I missed something: was this studio recording session planned? I mean, did we know already that it was heppening? Last time i lurked this thread everything seemed to be packed-see-you-after-the-tour-maybe
Something changed?

Ronnie and Keith both confirmed this in their respective interviews.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 24, 2019 16:11

DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

Although I would like to believe Keith and Ronnie, things only (seems) to be happenings when Mick wants it......

Date: January 24, 2019 16:14

Christiaan
DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

Although I would like to believe Keith and Ronnie, things only (seems) to be happenings when Mick wants it......

Yeah, that'll have to be a prerequisite for this session.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 24, 2019 16:37

DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

In the same week it was suggested that Keith was coming to the UK and then a bit later that they ('the best of the boys', whatever that means,) were going to be in LA.
I will stick to reading about Brexit. Much clearer.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 24, 2019 16:45

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

In the same week it was suggested that Keith was coming to the UK and then a bit later that they ('the best of the boys', whatever that means,) were going to be in LA.

ahahahah yes compared to Stonespeech brit politics is pristine clear

Re: Recording in a Week in LA
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 24, 2019 17:02

diverseharmonics
northof49
Rocky Dijon
Henson Studios if it's L.A. is the likely answer.

You mean they've gotten so desperate they're looking to the muppets for help in completing the new album?
Jagger would never give Kermit a writing credit

...Yet it wouldn't be the first time that they've collaborated:

Date: January 24, 2019 17:07

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

Why is it so unlikely that Keith was/is in the UK and that he will/did tag along to LA with the others?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 24, 2019 17:20

I get the impression Mick’s always ready grinning smiley
Keith is now inspired >grinning smiley<
Good news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 17:21 by 35love.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 24, 2019 17:34

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
maumau
Something changed?

I think Keith actually said the “rest of the boys.”

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:10

It must be some album to be worth 8,000 posts of yearning...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:24

doitywoik
IanBillen

A rehearsal studio... which qualifies as "a studio" but not the way you're using it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:26

maumau
Sorry if I missed something: was this studio recording session planned?

Never heard of a recording session not ever being planned.

Date: January 24, 2019 18:43

Stoneage
It must be some album to be worth 8,000 posts of yearning...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 24, 2019 19:01

Update from SoCal:

Fee-fi-fo-fum
I smell the blood of an Englishman...
Be he Keith, or be he Mick
Hope he comes up with some dynamite riffs

Beautiful weather here, hope they enjoy their stay and get some work done. thumbs up

Date: January 24, 2019 20:20

Just found this on Nico's site. [nzentgraf.de]

161028C 28th October: BOHNES. New York City, unidentified studio
MJ and Bohnes (Alexander De Leon) write and work together on a song.

It may be nothing comes of it. It could be something the other artist (who I've never heard of) is doing or something Mick keeps for himself or maybe it's something for the new album. Just noting it because I don't think this has been discussed previously.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 24, 2019 21:06

Rocky Dijon

It may be nothing comes of it. It could be something the other artist (who I've never heard of) is doing or something Mick keeps for himself or maybe it's something for the new album. Just noting it because I don't think this has been discussed previously.

That entry might be related with this photo, posted on Nico's FB group: [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 24, 2019 21:43

Rocky Dijon

Doesn't that mean that it's from 2016 - 10 - 28th?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 21:44 by peoplewitheyes.

Date: January 24, 2019 21:59

peoplewitheyes
Rocky Dijon

Doesn't that mean that it's from 2016 - 10 - 28th?

Yep, which is well within the time frame of their work on what we hope will became their next album..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 22:32

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 24, 2019 22:38

oh, ok, I thought we had some new exciting news... (from just 3 moths ago, as opposed to 2 years, 3 months ago)

Date: January 24, 2019 23:09

Well, I expect you'll greet the new Stones album with the same enthusiasm when you find out it was recorded over a period of 3-4 years.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 24, 2019 23:10

Rocky, actually I was with the other guitar player for twenty years. I never knew a Margaret. What bands was she with?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...262263264265266267268269270271272...LastNext
Current Page: 267 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home