Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...258259260261262263264265266267268...LastNext
Current Page: 263 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 19, 2019 14:25

If anything they’ll be well oiled for the tour...thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2019 15:04

Lien
They are going into the studio next week,
Interview with Keith from last night ( he is in the UK )

From 1.40

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Many thanks Lien!!! Great news smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 19, 2019 16:15

A 1:50 about the sound of the new album Keith basically puts Don Was on the same level as Jimmy Miller, huh...worrying !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2019 16:36

gotdablouse
A 1:50 about the sound of the new album Keith basically puts Don Was on the same level as Jimmy Miller, huh...worrying !

I thought he was talking about the sound of Blue and Lonesome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-19 16:37 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 19, 2019 16:39

forthcoming....sounds like he's actually excited about what's coming up next week in the studio...cautiously optimistic is how I'd describe it...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 19, 2019 16:49

Sounds good. Earlier than the 'late February' rumours then.
One assumes it's to work on the new album....and not some other project?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 19, 2019 16:56

gotdablouse

maybe Keef hit the bottle again and is getting things wrong???
jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 19, 2019 18:14

doitywoik
KRiffhard
[www.list.co.uk]
"I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good"

That refers still to the pre-brickwall state I guess.

The brickwall remark from Don Was is a statement he made about the very first session for the album over three years ago. They ran through some of the new material and "hit a wall." Keith didn't like the sound of British Grove either or said so as an excuse for why it wasn't working. Keith suggested they play "Blue and Lonesome" and over several dates, the band cut the blues album from a list of songs Mick put together. That's it. The hitting a wall was just at the start. There have been so many sessions since then at British Grove, at Germano Studios, at Twin Studios, at various home studio sessions with multiple producers from Don Was to Steve Jordan to Carl Falk to Matt Clifford.

People can pay attention to the soundbites and believe it's been early days for three years now. You can believe Ronnie and Charlie don't have a clue what's going on with guys they tour with every year and attend business meetings with. Alternatively, you can look at the number of sessions and the producers involved and recognize they're either stockpiling tracks for future release or running over the same 20 songs in multiple arrangements and mixes until the stakeholders agree.

As for Keith's very coherent phone interview where he finally dropped the laughing pirate shtick, what I notice is the narrative now is that he and Mick wrote a bunch of songs in 2018 and the band is cutting them this coming week in London. No mention of BLUE AND LONESOME coming out of the sessions for the same album three years ago. The timeline has moved forward to what is considered reasonable.

Is it possible they'll claim they miraculously had the fastest Stones session in years and now have something to release before the tour? Sure. Could it turn into another remark during the tour that "it's a work-in-progress and we were in the studio before the tour and we'll go back after it finishes and we'll see what happens?" Also very probable. They know what they're doing. They're not going to tell us the whole truth and maybe not even most of the truth. That's their call. I'm just trying to do this jigsaw puzzle before it rains any more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 19, 2019 18:33

Great piece, thanks Lien, and Shaun Keaveny did a good job.

By meeting in studios on a semi regular basis, it keeps these men in their 70’s tight connected nimble and ready. That’s why they still put on kick asss shows.

As for new recordings, oh I think there is some new treats, but mum is the word.
Cards are close to the chest.

Date: January 19, 2019 18:35

35love
Great piece, thanks Lien, and Shaun Keaveny did a good job.

By meeting in studios on a semi regular basis, it keeps these men in their 70’s tight connected nimble and ready. That’s why they still put on kick asss shows.

As for new recordings, oh I think there is some new treats, but mum is the word.
Cards are close to the chest.

Great hot smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 19, 2019 18:53

Rocky Dijon
doitywoik
KRiffhard
[www.list.co.uk]
"I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good"

That refers still to the pre-brickwall state I guess.

The brickwall remark from Don Was is a statement he made about the very first session for the album over three years ago. They ran through some of the new material and "hit a wall." Keith didn't like the sound of British Grove either or said so as an excuse for why it wasn't working. Keith suggested they play "Blue and Lonesome" and over several dates, the band cut the blues album from a list of songs Mick put together. That's it. The hitting a wall was just at the start. There have been so many sessions since then at British Grove, at Germano Studios, at Twin Studios, at various home studio sessions with multiple producers from Don Was to Steve Jordan to Carl Falk to Matt Clifford.

People can pay attention to the soundbites and believe it's been early days for three years now. You can believe Ronnie and Charlie don't have a clue what's going on with guys they tour with every year and attend business meetings with. Alternatively, you can look at the number of sessions and the producers involved and recognize they're either stockpiling tracks for future release or running over the same 20 songs in multiple arrangements and mixes until the stakeholders agree.

As for Keith's very coherent phone interview where he finally dropped the laughing pirate shtick, what I notice is the narrative now is that he and Mick wrote a bunch of songs in 2018 and the band is cutting them this coming week in London. No mention of BLUE AND LONESOME coming out of the sessions for the same album three years ago. The timeline has moved forward to what is considered reasonable.

Is it possible they'll claim they miraculously had the fastest Stones session in years and now have something to release before the tour? Sure. Could it turn into another remark during the tour that "it's a work-in-progress and we were in the studio before the tour and we'll go back after it finishes and we'll see what happens?" Also very probable. They know what they're doing. They're not going to tell us the whole truth and maybe not even most of the truth. That's their call. I'm just trying to do this jigsaw puzzle before it rains any more.

3 years... maybe a total of 30 days when it's done. So yeah, "quick." 'Aighhh, right, mannnn, I mean, harrrrrgh, it took us a month of recording over three years to make this record, and we just keep getting better and better.'

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 19, 2019 18:59

gotdablouse

No he didn't - he said in terms of almost being in the band and the comfort they have with him. He never compared him as a producer.

Date: January 19, 2019 19:08

Gaslight, this insistence on being precise and logical is going to strip this site of its hysteria if you aren't careful.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 19, 2019 20:01

GasLightStreet
3 years... maybe a total of 30 days when it's done. So yeah, "quick." 'Aighhh, right, mannnn, I mean, harrrrrgh, it took us a month of recording over three years to make this record, and we just keep getting better and better.'

30 Days in the Hole....just not consecutive days...and with their back against the wall (or their heads banging against it)

Whatever the case, this latest news bodes well for the possibility of a new single prior to the tour.
If so, hopefully it's a decent tune and not something they choose because it has "hit single" written on it...thinking ABB with it's first single Streets of Love..aarrgghh...

Keith sounds happy and healthy - looking forward to Talk is Cheap Deluxe and the upcoming tour!thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 19, 2019 20:02

runrudolph
gotdablouse

jeroen

Possibly as he also says at the beginning that when he started the Winos in 1987 it reminded him of when he'd started the Stones...15 years before ! Having said that he did sound better in that interview than he's sounded for years, decades even !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 19, 2019 20:14

Hairball
GasLightStreet

30 Days in the Hole....just not consecutive days...and with their back against the wall (or their heads banging against it)

Whatever the case, this latest news bodes well for the possibility of a new single prior to the tour.
If so, hopefully it's a decent tune and not something they choose because it has "hit single" written on it...thinking ABB with it's first single Streets of Love..aarrgghh...

Keith sounds happy and healthy - looking forward to Talk is Cheap Deluxe and the upcoming tour!thumbs up

Paul Macca's latest album was recorded over a 2 to 3 year period with 4 producers, I believe.
Seems strange to me...but if thats the way these guys want to work?
(He like The Stones probably pays for the recording costs, rather than the label.)
Whether it's a more creative way of working is a moot point.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 19, 2019 20:25

jlowe
Hairball
GasLightStreet

Paul Macca's latest album was recorded over a 2 to 3 year period with 4 producers, I believe.
Seems strange to me...but if thats the way these guys want to work?
(He like The Stones probably pays for the recording costs, rather than the label.)
Whether it's a more creative way of working is a moot point.

Yes seems a strange way to record an album - especially for a band (Mick and Keith writing and recording bits and pieces separately, etc.).
The actual credits for everyone involved will be like an encyclopedia.

As for Paul's latest, not sure the method worked well as the album received mixed reviews w/many of his fans dismissing it altogether.

Date: January 19, 2019 20:32

gotdablouse
runrudolph
gotdablouse

jeroen

Possibly as he also says at the beginning that when he started the Winos in 1987 it reminded him of when he'd started the Stones...15 years before ! Having said that he did sound better in that interview than he's sounded for years, decades even !

True
Jeroen

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 19, 2019 21:36

"As for Keith's very coherent phone interview where he finally dropped the laughing pirate shtick."

Remarkably coherent. Also interesting that he's preparing for the recording session.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 19, 2019 22:01

Rocky Dijon
Gaslight, this insistence on being precise and logical is going to strip this site of its hysteria if you aren't careful.

This is in no way a Def Leppard site.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 19, 2019 22:22

Lien
They are going into the studio next week,
Interview with Keith from last night ( he is in the UK )

From 1.40

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Thanks, Lien.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2019 22:29

YEAH thanks Lien …… good ta hear … Thanks again...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 19, 2019 23:06

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

No he didn't - he said in terms of almost being in the band and the comfort they have with him. He never compared him as a producer.

Seems like as producer, “I feel with Don Was the way I felt with Jimmy Miller”.

Date: January 20, 2019 00:45

treaclefingers
This is in no way a Def Leppard site.

Unless we look at the importance of Joe Elliott's cocaine use to the making of Ronnie's SLIDE ON THIS album.

Date: January 20, 2019 00:46

jlowe
Sounds good. Earlier than the 'late February' rumours then.
One assumes it's to work on the new album....and not some other project?

The session was likely moved up because of Don Was' conflict with his upcoming tour dates.

Date: January 20, 2019 00:49

gotdablouse
Possibly as he also says at the beginning that when he started the Winos in 1987 it reminded him of when he'd started the Stones...

Of course, only Waddy and the Winos name started in 1987. Steve Jordan, Charley Drayton, and Ivan Neville were The Biff Hilter (forgive my dyslexia, censorship does that to me) Trio during the DIRTY WORK sessions two years before that.

Date: January 20, 2019 00:50

Maindefender

Perhaps he was groping...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 20, 2019 01:36

Rocky Dijon
Maindefender

I thought of it more as standing by Don Was/ Keith feels loyal and respectful to him.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 20, 2019 04:37

Coherent Keith... no pirate Keith in site... all good indications

Date: January 20, 2019 05:46

35love
Rocky Dijon
Maindefender

I thought of it more as standing by Don Was/ Keith feels loyal and respectful to him.

I was just making a play on the word "feel." I know Don is very close with Keith and Keith has always been loyal to friends until he feels betrayed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...258259260261262263264265266267268...LastNext
Current Page: 263 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home