Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - September 2016
Date: September 18, 2016 01:31

GasLightStreet
Hopefully they'll rehearse a few along the lines of

Slave
Turd On The Run
Coming Down Again

It would blow minds - every one of them - if they pulled out If You Really Want To Be My Friend.

If memory serves, Keith said the he would never do CDA.

Then again, he also said he wouldn't do Little T&A again, so...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2016 01:56

Perhaps Keith will persuade Mick and the gang to play one of his solo gems from Crosseyed Heart.
Or he can do one during his solo spot...I can hear Trouble now! winking smiley

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: September 18, 2016 02:17

I go every time, or try to, just point me in the right direction. I will update, when I can. A few years ago, some guy called us fan girls Charlie's Devils!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 18, 2016 02:47

As pointed out, it does seem like a long rehersal time for only four shows. Also
they have an entire week between the two desert trip shows - I assume they would
rehearse or maybe work more on the new album during that week. However, I read Chuck is busy with David Gilmore until October 1st or so.

Possibly they would play a club show mid week as additional rehersal for the
last three shows?

Hope they will add a few tunes rarly or never played as mentioned above. Also
somthing from the new Blues album.

Date: September 18, 2016 03:16

Koen
HonkeyTonkFlash
Even if they do the same songs they've been doing since 2012, at least mix up the order of them a bit. After Keith's two songs, it's been soooo predictable.

95% of the audience only sees them once and they all love those songs.

So,people who are attending their first Stones concert demand the songs to be played in a certain order ??

No,I don't think so.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 18, 2016 05:29

Irix
bye bye johnny

"We’re going to sort out a lot of things in rehearsals which start in a couple of days in L.A.”

Ronnie Wood - Toronto, 9/16

And Mick tweeted on 16-Sep-2016, 11:53pm, City of London:

"We are going to start our rehearsals for the Desert Trip shows soon. Have you got any ideas for the set lists?" #StonesDesertTrip

[Twitter.com]

Yes! NEVER play Sympathy Again, or Tumbling Dice.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 18, 2016 05:30

I wasn't talking about the order.

And only setlist whiners have demands.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 18, 2016 07:20

Lucky for us we have some other major acts to listen to. That will keep us interested. Everyone knows how the setlist rotation moves with this band. When the cowbell clanks after a handful of songs we all know it is run for the bus time. Can't wait to hear McCartney's 30 + song setlist.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 10:57

Hairball
Perhaps Keith will persuade Mick and the gang to play one of his solo gems from Crosseyed Heart.

Excellent idea!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2016 16:20

Turner68
Hairball

Excellent idea!

I think the Stones have some sort of sacred rule of not letting members do any of their solo songs with the Stones. Although...didn't they do I Can Feel The Fire in 1975. A real glaring exception was letting Billy Preston doing a couple songs on that tour. They've never done anything like that since....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 18, 2016 17:42

As long as they are billed as The Rolling Stones there will be no solo-songs. They have dozens of great but never/rarely performed songs, so why should they or anybody want them to come up with solo-stuff, play Harlem Shuffle, Had It With You, Monkey Man or whatever but please no solo-stuff and no Thief In The Night or that awful bad ballad from ABB.

Date: September 18, 2016 18:29

swimtothemoon
As pointed out, it does seem like a long rehersal time for only four shows.

It is being reported this is going to be a BLUES album. Maybe, just MAYBE, they are gonna throw us all a curve ball and play the entire new album the first half and the hits the second half of the show. A complete departure from what they've done in the past. This is why only four shows and why it appears they are having a long rehearsal schedule. They could never do a multi date tour with a set list like this. I for one am hoping I'm correct in my assumption.

Scotty

"Rock and Roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no is allowed to be magnificent."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-18 18:30 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:52

swimtothemoon

Mcik calls the shots and (imho) his plan is to keep the band fit. Hence the long rehearsal time.
Remember that in 2012 the band was so rusted Jagger had to put up a "secret show" which was another name for "let's defibrillate this non-responding band!" >grinning smiley<

Date: September 18, 2016 19:43

In 2012 they had not played together for ages. In 2016 they are coming off the Ole' tour so they are not as rusty. It won't take long for the 4 of them to get back in the groove of things

dcba
swimtothemoon

Mcik calls the shots and (imho) his plan is to keep the band fit. Hence the long rehearsal time.
Remember that in 2012 the band was so rusted Jagger had to put up a "secret show" which was another name for "let's defibrillate this non-responding band!" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2016 20:00

HMS
As long as they are billed as The Rolling Stones there will be no solo-songs. They have dozens of great but never/rarely performed songs, so why should they or anybody want them to come up with solo-stuff, play Harlem Shuffle, Had It With You, Monkey Man or whatever but please no solo-stuff and no Thief In The Night or that awful bad ballad from ABB.

Of course HMS - I was only requesting something from Crosseyed Heart in jest (although I really wish they would).
As for Monkey Man, it is hardly as 'never/rarely performed song'. It was played extensively during Voodoo Lounge and at least several times during the Licks Tour - it was even included on Live Licks!
With that said, I would love to see them tackle it again although I have my doubts that the guitar riffage throughout can be handled properly anymore.
Like the opening riff to CYHMK...Keith f*ks it up nearly every time, and no amount of rehearsals will help the matter.

Hoping for some new blues tunes...possibly a minimal bare bones mini blues set with just Keith, Mick, Charlie, and Ronnie (on bass)in the middle of the show itself.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 18, 2016 20:05

No solo songs at Stones shows. Never ever.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 18, 2016 20:15

[email protected]
swimtothemoon

It is being reported this is going to be a BLUES album. Maybe, just MAYBE, they are gonna throw us all a curve ball and play the entire new album the first half and the hits the second half of the show. A complete departure from what they've done in the past. This is why only four shows and why it appears they are having a long rehearsal schedule. They could never do a multi date tour with a set list like this. I for one am hoping I'm correct in my assumption.

Scotty

"Rock and Roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no is allowed to be magnificent."

Well, beem us up Scotty. You are completely wrong. They will never play the new album live. take your medicine and wave us all bye bye. Sorry.
Jeroen

Date: September 18, 2016 20:51

corriecas
[email protected]
swimtothemoon

Scotty

take your medicine and wave us all bye bye.

Geez. No reason to be an a-hole.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 18, 2016 21:09

No way the Stones playing the Blues album to a huge crowd not familiar with the Blues, hardly familiar with the Stones and eager to hear their best-known songs.

They could do the blues album in an exclusive setting of a 500-seats-club. They could give away the tickts free of charge to true fans via their website (to get one would be a lottery of course). That´s what they could do, should do, but certainly won´t do.

Date: September 18, 2016 21:35

[email protected]
corriecas
[email protected]
swimtothemoon

Scotty

You are right. Sorry. i was @#$%& up about something.
Jeroen

Date: September 18, 2016 23:32

corriecas
[email protected]
corriecas
[email protected]
swimtothemoon

Scotty

Jeroen

That's cool. No harm, no foul. I shouldn't be so touchy sometimes. Kinda nursing a hangover. Just got back from a bike ride. Much better now. If your going to Vegas I'll buy you a drink.

Date: September 19, 2016 00:17

[email protected]
swimtothemoon

Scotty

Well it could happen; however, we all know probably not. The Desert Trip audience being older - a blues set might go over better at DT than with other audiences. Dylan's set is typically not so long so the stones may play a slightly longer set
and hopefully Dylan will pop in for a song. I would think the Stones don't want
their day (the first day) being the shortest day of the three DT days.

Actually this fits better in the Coachella thread - sorry. But anyway this could be indeed the reason for a longer rehersal time (as Scotty pointed out above) and no activity between the two DT dates or just wishful thinking!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2016 00:35

swimtothemoon

and hopefully Dylan will pop in for a song.

How about: 'Like A Rolling Stone' ? smiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2016 02:30

Irix
swimtothemoon

and hopefully Dylan will pop in for a song.

How about: 'Like A Rolling Stone' ? smiling smiley

Yes, seems appropriate. However, Dylan is never predictable.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 19, 2016 02:58

HMS

Trolling with the garbage again and yet not wanting a great song. Stifle.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:42

HonkeyTonkFlash
Turner68
Hairball

Excellent idea!

I think the Stones have some sort of sacred rule of not letting members do any of their solo songs with the Stones. Although...didn't they do I Can Feel The Fire in 1975. A real glaring exception was letting Billy Preston doing a couple songs on that tour. They've never done anything like that since....

That's was Sure The One You Need. But there are rumours that I Can Feel The Fire was rehearsed as well in 1975. Both are no "normal" solo songs though. STOYN has Keith on lead vocals; ICFTF Ron Wood and Mick Jagger.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:14

Monsoon Ragoon
HonkeyTonkFlash
Turner68
Hairball

Excellent idea!

That's was Sure The One You Need. But there are rumours that I Can Feel The Fire was rehearsed as well in 1975. Both are no "normal" solo songs though. STOYN has Keith on lead vocals; ICFTF Ron Wood and Mick Jagger.

Oops, that's right; I stand corrected...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: September 19, 2016 11:41

[email protected]
corriecas
[email protected]
corriecas
[email protected]
swimtothemoon

Scotty

Jeroen

That's cool. No harm, no foul. I shouldn't be so touchy sometimes. Kinda nursing a hangover. Just got back from a bike ride. Much better now. If your going to Vegas I'll buy you a drink.

Would like to go to Vegas. But...its too expnsive. i live in Holland. If you are coming to Amsterdam next year, i will buy you a drink.
Jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 19, 2016 13:38

HMS
You are so woefully in the dark about the magic of the Keith Richards gem of Thief In The Night .One of Keith's finest GEMS from Bridges to Babylon

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 19, 2016 14:56

I love all of Keef's songs, even The Worst. And I don't like country music. I would be happy with anything he plays in his mini set.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home