Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Lampedusa with Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle and Robert Plant
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 15, 2016 07:00

As a fan of Emmylou Harris, when I got a Ticketmaster alert that she and Steve Earle were doing a show here - Lampedusa, to raise funds for Jesuit Refugee Services - i scooped a ticket, tucked it away and didn't think much more about it. Sometimes the best show is the surprise epic. This was one of them. A favourite venue, venerable Massey Hall, is always a treat. But I was floored by this show!

I had no idea that Robert Plant had been added until they introduced him and he walked on stage (I've been busy...). Then, local songwriting hero Ron Sexsmoth came out, followed by a couple of kids with the less-than-promising name of the Milk Carton Kids. And they were all joined early on by Daniel Lanois.

Holy crapburgers, what a show! Eight of them lined up and seated across the stage, taking turns with various songs, backing each other up, Robert given a wee drum to play with while everyone else was playing guitar, it was epic! A great job on Copperhead Road, several songs from Wrecking Ball. After Robert Plant finished a song and introduced Ron Sexsmith, who was apparently a late addition, Ron said, Yeah, so I was at the laundromat today trying to decide what to play... hilarious reaction from Plant. The nice surprise was the Milk Carton Kids, two young guys from LA with actual talent, appropriate modesty, wicked humour and massive balls, teasing Plant and everyone else. A wonderfully surprising show. Catch it if you can!

Re: OT - Lampedusa with Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle and Robert Plant
Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 07:52

Great to hear. I'm seeing the show in Philadelphia next week. How many Zep songs did Plant do?

Date: October 15, 2016 07:55

Bobbyb98
Great to hear. I'm seeing the show in Philadelphia next week. How many Zep songs did Plant do?

Nil.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 08:02

SomeTorontoGirl
Bobbyb98

Nil.

Ouch. Was hoping for at least one. I figured he would make up for Patty Griffin canceling last minute by doing some Zep. Still looking forward to show though.

Date: October 15, 2016 08:05

Let us know how you like it Bobby. Likely be some surprises for you, different acts.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: October 15, 2016 22:00

Caught the show in Milwaukee and was very impressed with how well everyone worked off each other. No Zep from Mr. Plant but plenty of good offerings. Only one added guest in Ruby Amanfu, who did a separate two-song set.

Date: October 16, 2016 05:20

Last night's lineup:

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:04

They did Going to California @ the Vic in Chicago on Thursday night. Incredible amount of talent on that stage!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 17, 2016 12:07

thanks for sharing, Going to California is beautiful.

History will perhaps remains that during the Desert Trip mega shows, some folks including Robert Plant, were singing for refugees.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 17, 2016 14:50

Nice report STG. Thanks posting pix with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home