Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 2, 2017 06:57

mighty stork
I get the feeling that the Green Bay Packers are going to find a way to win the division once again. They've been playing tough as of late and have three straight division games (Chicago,Minnesota and finally Detroit). The Lions hold a two game lead but go up against the Giants and Cowboys before that final game. The Packers beat Detroit 34-27 earlier this year. Should be interesting.

Not to say I told you so but when I posted this several weeks back I knew it could happen. Aaron Rodgers doesn't make statements he doesn't believe and should never be counted out. Another division title and at home against New York next week.

Aaron Rodgers this years NFL MVP?

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 2, 2017 07:03

That looks an awful lot like 'I told you so' to me.

Date: January 2, 2017 07:39

a few MVP candidates for sure

Date: January 2, 2017 07:56

I don't want to make anybody feel bad; but wtf was that 12 men on the field thing?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 2, 2017 15:42

mighty stork
mighty stork
I get the feeling that the Green Bay Packers are going to find a way to win the division once again. They've been playing tough as of late and have three straight division games (Chicago,Minnesota and finally Detroit). The Lions hold a two game lead but go up against the Giants and Cowboys before that final game. The Packers beat Detroit 34-27 earlier this year. Should be interesting.

Not to say I told you so but when I posted this several weeks back I knew it could happen. Aaron Rodgers doesn't make statements he doesn't believe and should never be counted out. Another division title and at home against New York next week.

Really, who set the new single season record yesterday for the best TD to INT ratio in NFL history with 28 TDs and 2 INT's ?

It wasn't Rogers. Of course Brady must of cheated some how.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 2, 2017 16:54

Seahawks limped into playoffs. I suspect they will win next weekend & then get their @$$ handed to them in Atlanta. I hope they prove me wrong.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2017 17:40

mighty stork
mighty stork

I was joking with a buddy when NY clinched a playoff position and said "Watch, they'll beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again". The Giants are a weird team.

Date: January 2, 2017 17:41

Socrates1
I don't want to make anybody feel bad; but wtf was that 12 men on the field thing?

A penalty?

I dunno. I didn't see it.

Date: January 2, 2017 17:44

crholmstrom
Seahawks limped into playoffs. I suspect they will win next weekend & then get their @$$ handed to them in Atlanta. I hope they prove me wrong.

I don't like Seattle at all. I hate Atlanta.

You get my drift here?

Atlanta is good. I dunno. I don't see Seattle beating them. I can see Green Bay beating Atlanta. Not sure about Dallas yet.

Date: January 2, 2017 17:52

virgil
mighty stork
mighty stork

Really, who set the new single season record yesterday for the best TD to INT ratio in NFL history with 28 TDs and 2 INT's ?

I think Drew Brees should get MVP. He only posted is FIFTH 5000+ passing yards season while finishing a third 7-9 season in a row with the floundering Saints. They have a great offense, obviously. Imagine if they had a great defense. How does a team lose with a QB throwing like that? 37 TD passes, his fourth most ever with the Saints (15 INTs, a bit lower than some other years ha ha).

4 other QBs have done it once, Brees has done it five times.

5,477: Peyton Manning, Broncos (2013)

5,476: Drew Brees, Saints (2011)

5,235: Tom Brady, Patriots (2011)

5,208: Drew Brees, Saints (2016)

5,177: Drew Brees, Saints (2012)

5,162: Drew Brees, Saints (2013)

5,084: Dan Marino, Dolphins (1984)

5,069: Drew Brees, Saints (2008)

5,038: Matthew Stafford, Lions (2012)

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 2, 2017 18:01

virgil
mighty stork

Yes but Rodgers had to do it without a running game to keep the opposing team's defense honest. He also happened to lead the league in touchdowns thrown with 40 and ran for 369 yards and 4 more touchdowns.

Date: January 2, 2017 20:57

GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A penalty?

It just seemed like the whole game hinged on a ridiculous penalty. The Packers had the ball in the 4th quarter, with about 10 minutes left on the clock, it was third down, they were right around mid-field, then the Lions got called for having 12 men on the field. At that point the Lions were only losing by a touchdown. But the Packers went on to score another TD because of the penalty.

Now here I am on the internet, apologizing to everyone in Detroit. I can't predict 12 men on the field. Not my fault. I know the future is never truly set. But had it not been for that penalty...we don't know what would've happened....

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 2, 2017 20:58

Derek Carr was the MVP hands down

Date: January 2, 2017 22:31

Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A penalty?

It just seemed like the whole game hinged on a ridiculous penalty. The Packers had the ball in the 4th quarter, with about 10 minutes left on the clock, it was third down, they were right around mid-field, then the Lions got called for having 12 men on the field. At that point the Lions were only losing by a touchdown. But the Packers went on to score another TD because of the penalty.

Now here I am on the internet, apologizing to everyone in Detroit. I can't predict 12 men on the field. Not my fault. I know the future is never truly set. But had it not been for that penalty...we don't know what would've happened....

Oh. Well, Detroit is in the playoffs regardless - barely. They didn't exactly control their destiny, as some like to say it. Green Bay knew what they were doing. It's a game of inches, they say, so 12 men on the field shows that Detroit was feeling the pressure.

A good team playing good doesn't lose a game because of a penalty, they lose it because they played bad; mistakes, etc. Look at the 2007 Patriots - they finished 16-0. They go to the 2008 playoffs and lose the ONE game that matters the most.

Because they didn't play good enough.

Detroit is one of 6 (all time - 4 current) teams to not make it to the Super Bowl: Cleveland Browns (both versions), Houston Texans, Houston Oilers, St Louis Cardinals and supposedly a third team in Florida. That streak continues this year.

Teams that have won Super Bowls:
Green Bay Packers
NY Jets
KC Chiefs
Baltimore Colts
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers
Oakland Raiders
LA Raiders
San Francisco 49ers
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New England Patriots
NY Giants
Seattle Seahawks

Losers:
St Louis Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals
LA Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Atlanta Falcons
San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Titans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-04 00:49 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 2, 2017 22:32

potus43

Matt Ryan sure had a stunning year, too. Would be happy with a tie.

Date: January 2, 2017 22:33

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

I don't like Seattle at all. I hate Atlanta.

You get my drift here?

Atlanta is good. I dunno. I don't see Seattle beating them. I can see Green Bay beating Atlanta. Not sure about Dallas yet.

Maybe you wouldn't be so cranky if you had modern, electric street lighting...teasing!!! smileys with beer

Date: January 2, 2017 22:36

Ah ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: January 2, 2017 23:38

Detroit started off the season 1-3
Then they made an 8-1 win/loss stretch
Then 0-3 last three games

8 come from behind wins and 1 dominating road game win.
They still made the playoffs at 9-7
(with a little help from the Redskins)

All without Calvin Johnson, No Run game
and most of the time without their
best defensive players/starters.

They couldn't win the division tho.
Now all they can do is go 4-0 on the road
to win it all

But it's the Lions so...

One and done in the playoffs?

Date: January 3, 2017 00:26

three16
Detroit started off the season 1-3
Then they made an 8-1 win/loss stretch
Then 0-3 last three games

8 come from behind wins and 1 dominating road game win.
They still made the playoffs at 9-7
(with a little help from the Redskins)

All without Calvin Johnson, No Run game
and most of the time without their
best defensive players/starters.

They couldn't win the division tho.
Now all they can do is go 4-0 on the road
to win it all

But it's the Lions so...

One and done in the playoffs?

oh hell yes! winking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 3, 2017 00:31

one guy's view of the 2016 NFL awards (it's very weird to see so many Falcons in the running)...

[www.espn.com]

Date: January 3, 2017 00:58

Natlanta
one guy's view of the 2016 NFL awards (it's very weird to see so many Falcons in the running)...

[www.espn.com]

no mention of Bobby Wagner for defensive player of the year. he's invisible but only lead the NFL in tackles. Seahawks have some very underrated linebackers. Hawks/Falcons game could be a good one (hoping SEA gets past DET). I don't think the Seahawks will beat them on the road with no Earl Thomas & the O line being what it is. Matt Ryan has been outstanding & if Hawks get ousted I'm rooting for them in the NFC. Probably rooting KC in the AFC as I don't see the Raiders going anywhere with their QB situation. Even though I'm no NE fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Brady demolish Dallas in the Super Bowl. Not a Cowboy fan, haha.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 3, 2017 13:10

Go Big Blue . First up the Packers in the frozen tundra of Lambeau field and then a collision course with America's team the Dallas Cowboys .Go Giants !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 3, 2017 18:27

ESPN (Disney) is possibly the dumbest network on TV right now:

ESPN will lose $75 million televising Raiders-Texans

[www.outkickthecoverage.com]

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 3, 2017 21:21

Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A penalty?

Sure but that is part of the game. The team that makes the fewest mistakes increases their odds of winning. Also Rodgers rushed the pass to take advantage of the penalty so had he not quick snapped the ball he may have completed the pass so you never know what can be a turning point in a game.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 21:31

I'm a Patriots fan, and I think it's a real stretch to put Brady in the MVP conversation after missing 25% of the season.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 3, 2017 23:35

GasLightStreet
Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A penalty?

Oh. Well, Detroit is in the playoffs regardless - barely. They didn't exactly control their destiny, as some like to say it. Green Bay knew what they were doing. It's a game of inches, they say, so 12 men on the field shows that Detroit was feeling the pressure.

A good team playing good doesn't lose a game because of a penalty, they lose it because they played bad; mistakes, etc. Look at the 2007 Patriots - they finished 16-0. They go to the 2008 playoffs and lose the ONE game that matters the most.

Because they didn't play good enough.

Detroit is one of 6 (all time - 4 current) teams to not make it to the Super Bowl: Cleveland Browns (both versions), Houston Texans, Houston Oilers, St Louis Cardinals and supposedly a third team in Florida. That streak continues this year.

Teams that have won Super Bowls:
Green Bay Packers
NY Jets
KC Chiefs
Baltimore Colts
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers
Oakland Raiders
LA Raiders
San Francisco 49ers
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Losers:
St Louis Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals
LA Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Atlanta Falcons
San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Titans

I'm just trying to follow, but is there a reason NE, NYG and Seattle are not included in the winners column?

Date: January 4, 2017 00:48

HAHA! I spaced it! I kept looking at it wondering what was wrong and gave up.

Added them! Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-04 00:49 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 5, 2017 03:13

I like Atlanta and Green Bay, they are the hot teams going into the playoffs. I like their chances to beat teams like Dallas and Seattle.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 5, 2017 03:26

potus43

Agreed.... of the Raiders !!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 5, 2017 03:30

Seattle has the Defence to do some damage, and Russell Wilson has been on fire the last 2 games - peakin at the right time !!

Anyone going to CenturyLink on Sat? Sure wish I was !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home