Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Date: January 17, 2017 21:42

the NFC will win the superbowl

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 18, 2017 00:18

keefriff99
New England DID have a pretty easy schedule. It's quite possible they'll be exposed in the next game or two.

Easy: They started on the road at Arizona a team that was was in the NFC championship game last year. At Pittsburgh and Devnver the defending Super Bowl champs. Seattle and Baltimore They beat Miami and Houston twice both playoff teams.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 18, 2017 00:42

please.

there are no easy schedules in the NFL.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 18, 2017 01:56

virgil
keefriff99
New England DID have a pretty easy schedule. It's quite possible they'll be exposed in the next game or two.

Easy: They started on the road at Arizona a team that was was in the NFC championship game last year. At Pittsburgh and Devnver the defending Super Bowl champs. Seattle and Baltimore They beat Miami and Houston twice both playoff teams.
Yes, but Arizona, Seattle, Baltimore AND Denver were NOT what they were last year...not even close. On paper, it looks like a tough schedule. All of the teams you listed were recently VERY good teams, but they didn't measure up this year.

Certainly not easy, but relatively easiER than other teams. The AFC East is a relatively weak division, so they already have that advantage.

Keep in mind they also played the 49ers, the Jets twice, the Rams, the Browns, and the Bengals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-18 01:57 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 18, 2017 03:45

virgil
Socrates1
Don't forget that Tom Brady's success is inextricable. Do not forget that. Brady will win. He's the ultimate-mystic QB of ALL Time. There' no or something about it. Brady will continue to work his magic.

Seahawks 35
vs.
Falcons 17

Texans 23
vs.
Patriots 42

Steelers 18
vs.
Chiefs 35

Packers 23
vs.
Cowboys 38

1 out of 4 hope you didn't bet them.

I'm pretty sure I got 3 out of 4 in the first round of the playoffs. Didn't I? I don't want to predict stuff. But sometimes messages on boards are bigger than their constituent parts..Or something. My real regret is not putting the hyphen between "inextricable" and "thing." My critics don't forget. The hyphen was there. I was word-processing; Then, in an attempt to make my posts interesting -- to effectively please my audience -- I somehow removed the hyphen in a fit of edits and forgot to put it back. That sentence shows up with a green line under it on this screen. I wouldn't have left that sentence sitting there had I not been imbibing. There I'll admit it. These screens are too bright. I'm always looking away from them. I effectively can't even see the words half the time. But my critics don't forget. 21 PLUS ONLY and read the Bible. Not to mention I'm half asleep every other time I'm posting. File the whole thing under: blah, blah, blah. Let me go. I used to care about my audience. I would add paragraphs for them. The Patriots will win. You don't even know what team they'll show you any given week. The Patriots are going to kick everyone's asses on the field. That's not a prediction. That's a promise. Now read the Bible and don't smoke anything until you're 21.

Date: January 18, 2017 03:59

keefriff99
virgil
keefriff99

Yes, but Arizona, Seattle, Baltimore AND Denver were NOT what they were last year...not even close. On paper, it looks like a tough schedule. All of the teams you listed were recently VERY good teams, but they didn't measure up this year.

Certainly not easy, but relatively easiER than other teams. The AFC East is a relatively weak division, so they already have that advantage.

Keep in mind they also played the 49ers, the Jets twice, the Rams, the Browns, and the Bengals.

you are right and the jets and bengals weren't as good as people thought they would be

Date: January 18, 2017 04:21

The Patriots are the greatest team of all time. They must have bigger chips on their shoulder than any other team -- ever. Think of it that way. The Patriots will win. I'm not Catholic. I don't care how may Hail Mary passes Rodgers throws. He's not the greatest of all time. He's right up there. But he's not the greatest. Tom Brady stands to walk into the history books as the greatest QB of all time. He's not gonna miss that chance. Brady wins.

Date: January 18, 2017 04:24

Socrates1
The Patriots are the greatest team of all time. They must have bigger chips on their shoulder than any other team -- ever. Think of it that way. The Patriots will win. I'm not Catholic. I don't care how may Hail Mary passes Rodgers throws. He's not the greatest of all time. He's right up there. But he's not the greatest. Tom Brady stands to walk into the history books as the greatest QB of all time. He's not gonna miss that chance. Brady wins.

the nfc will win no matter what the super bowls teams are

Date: January 18, 2017 04:25

No way! Stop saying that!!

Date: January 18, 2017 04:47

Socrates1

I also said dallas wouldn't win a playoff game and Seattle wouldn't be in the super bowl and here why are

Date: January 18, 2017 04:49

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
virgil
keefriff99

you are right and the jets and bengals weren't as good as people thought they would be
I'm just trying to be objective. I'm a big fan, but they had a relatively smooth schedule this year.

I don't think it matters. Belichick and Brady don't take anything for granted.

Date: January 18, 2017 04:55

Socrates1
It's kind of ridiculous that quarterback greatness is measured in rings.

Why? It's a damn team sport. Of course the QB is the captain of the offense, but he has nothing to do with defense or special teams.

If you go by stats, Rodgers is in another league. Manning and Favre stuck around long enough to compile gaudy regular season records, but Rodgers, in terms of efficiency, accuracy, TD/interception ratio, and other % stats, is already #1 in many categories.

Date: January 18, 2017 05:04

keefriffhard4life
Socrates1

I also said dallas wouldn't win a playoff game and Seattle wouldn't be in the super bowl and here why are

Shut up! I've said a few things. My critics see a few typos that look like bad English in fifteen years on the internet..and all of a sudden they never let up. They think they're in on something. I was shut-out of an edit on another board and I don't hear the end of it. People want to deify you sometimes. Don't trust me to show you punctuation. My punctuation may only be ashes and dust. God can still use me as a bad example, then my critics can can continue to obsess about the space between two words and a hyphen that disappeared. I have a solution for that. Anyway, it's still Belichick and Brady's time. That's what some people don't understand. Those two are like the Stones in Football-time. They keep on living forever and nobody can explain it. Nobody can stop them. The Patriots will win.

Date: January 18, 2017 05:13

Edit: People can't stop reading my posts. How about I get a life and you get a life. Problems solved. Adjust your browsers accordingly. The Patriots will win. Do not doubt them. Do not underestimate them. Do not dare challenge them on the field. The Patriots are the greatest football team of all time right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-18 05:39 by Socrates1.

Date: January 18, 2017 06:29

Socrates1
keefriffhard4life
Socrates1

Shut up! I've said a few things. My critics see a few typos that look like bad English in fifteen years on the internet..and all of a sudden they never let up. They think they're in on something. I was shut-out of an edit on another board and I don't hear the end of it. People want to deify you sometimes. Don't trust me to show you punctuation. My punctuation may only be ashes and dust. God can still use me as a bad example, then my critics can can continue to obsess about the space between two words and a hyphen that disappeared. I have a solution for that. Anyway, it's still Belichick and Brady's time. That's what some people don't understand. Those two are like the Stones in Football-time. They keep on living forever and nobody can explain it. Nobody can stop them. The Patriots will win.

I have no clue what you are talkin about. I'm just giving my opinion that the nfc will win based on what I've seen

Date: January 18, 2017 07:58

If you like conspiracy theories: Well, forget it. To the conspiracy theorists: It's all good. That last post wasn't to any one person. It wasn't about anyone in particular. It wasn't supposed to have some big meaning. Neither is this post. Except when I say: Patriots to win. That is going to be incredible when the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Brady is #1 of all time.

Date: January 18, 2017 08:14

Unless you found it to be meaningful, then go with that. You know, that stuff about God and everything. If there's meaning there for you then maybe I've done my job as a poster on the internet. This must be my unpaid entertainment work. And they still find ways to complain about punctuation and grammar and whatever else they feel like complaining about. Forget this post, too, if you're so inclined; except for what follows: Brady rules. Brady is #1 of all time. Don't forget that whether you believe in God or not.

Date: January 18, 2017 08:20

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
Dallas was 2-1 this year against the final four elite teams left in the playoffs. Very easily could have been 3-0.

You left out wins versus Green Bay,Detroit,and Tampa Bay. The reason Dallas struggles against the Giants is because they have a beast of a run stuffing defensive nose tackle and a very good secondary.

Who have the Patriots beaten this year?? Their 2 trademark victories were against 2 teams that were eliminated from contention for the playoffs before the last week of the season even started .... Baltimore and Denver. Teams that WERE good a few years ago and last year (respectively) but not this year. Other than that,Miami and Houston who were 2 of the 4 worst teams to make the playoffs.

New England is obviously a great team. They played their schedule. I don't think that they are as dominant as some people think they are. I think that Atlanta actually has a shot to win it all. Maybe their best chance in the history of their team.

2 of the 3 games you named happened after i posted that. sorry though the cowboys were weak all year. i said several weeks ago they won't win a single playoff game and i was right

They obviously weren't weak all year. I bet that you weren't so sure about your wise prediction about a half a second before Rodgers was sacked near the end of that game. Wasn't looking too good for you at that point but,it ended up working out.

Date: January 18, 2017 09:33

Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
Dallas was 2-1 this year against the final four elite teams left in the playoffs. Very easily could have been 3-0.

You left out wins versus Green Bay,Detroit,and Tampa Bay. The reason Dallas struggles against the Giants is because they have a beast of a run stuffing defensive nose tackle and a very good secondary.

Who have the Patriots beaten this year?? Their 2 trademark victories were against 2 teams that were eliminated from contention for the playoffs before the last week of the season even started .... Baltimore and Denver. Teams that WERE good a few years ago and last year (respectively) but not this year. Other than that,Miami and Houston who were 2 of the 4 worst teams to make the playoffs.

New England is obviously a great team. They played their schedule. I don't think that they are as dominant as some people think they are. I think that Atlanta actually has a shot to win it all. Maybe their best chance in the history of their team.

2 of the 3 games you named happened after i posted that. sorry though the cowboys were weak all year. i said several weeks ago they won't win a single playoff game and i was right

They obviously weren't weak all year. I bet that you weren't so sure about your wise prediction about a half a second before Rodgers was sacked near the end of that game. Wasn't looking too good for you at that point but,it ended up working out.

my prediction was true. I had a 50/50 shot.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 18, 2017 16:25

Socrates1
The Patriots are the greatest football team of all time right now.

That's funny. I'd be curious to know what you were drinking when you typed that. smileys with beer

Greatest of all time? The 49ers, Cowboys AND STEELERS all have more Super Bowl victories than the Patriots. Although the Pats are tied for the most Super Bowl APPEARANCES, of the teams they're tied with, only Denver has lost more than the Pats.

Greatest right now? It would be hard for anyone, including me, to argue that point after the Pats just set an all time NFL record by making the conference championship game for six straight years.

Sunday will be a hard day for me. There's no doubt that I will be rooting with all my heart for the Steelers to win and will be disappointed if they lose. At the same time, The Pats are my 2nd favorite time I and am more than prepared to take my spot next to my Mom on the Pats bandwagon if they win. Although my disappointment would be minimal with a Pats loss, there is a part of me which would love the opportunity to see Goodell have to make a speech and hand a Super Bowl trophy to Kraft, Belichick & Brady.

The football fan in me hopes that Sunday's game(s) will be well played and enjoyable to watch for all. The Steelers fan in me hopes that New England gets steamrolled in the 1st quarter and puts up ineffective resistance to everything the Steelers do and I am able to relax while watching the game!

Note: In case you don't have a spot reserved for yourself, should the Steelers win, I'll be more than willing to make space for you if you'd like to join my mom when she climbs on the Steelers Super Bowl bandwagon!

GO STEELERS!!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 18, 2017 16:32

mr_dja
Socrates1

That's funny. I'd be curious to know what you were drinking when you typed that. smileys with beer

Greatest of all time? The 49ers, Cowboys AND STEELERS all have more Super Bowl victories than the Patriots. Although the Pats are tied for the most Super Bowl APPEARANCES, of the teams they're tied with, only Denver has lost more than the Pats.
That's one way to look at it.

But Brady/Belichick have won four. Montana/Walsh won 3, then Walsh retired and Montana won another the following year with a new coach. That's pretty remarkable.

Bradshaw/Knoll won four, so that plus the two additional that Roethlisburger won (one with Cowher, one with Tomlin), actually makes the Steelers the greatest franchise in NFL history.

Nevertheless, the sustained run of excellence (15 years and counting) that the Pats have been on under Brady/Belichick is unprecedented.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-18 16:33 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 18, 2017 17:05

Can't wait for Sunday. Being from the Boston area the amount of time spent talking about absolutely nothing this week has been amazing. Talk is Cheap.....

Date: January 18, 2017 17:18

keefriff99
mr_dja
Socrates1

But Brady/Belichick have won four. Montana/Walsh won 3, then Walsh retired and Montana won another the following year with a new coach. That's pretty remarkable.

Bradshaw/Knoll won four, so that plus the two additional that Roethlisburger won (one with Cowher, one with Tomlin), actually makes the Steelers the greatest franchise in NFL history.

Nevertheless, the sustained run of excellence (15 years and counting) that the Pats have been on under Brady/Belichick is unprecedented.

Agreed that there are many was of looking at the same data, or various parts of data to draw conclusions. Also can't really argue/debate the conclusions you came to re: the Steelers & history or the Pats current run.

Personally, I think the Pats current run is made all the more impressive due to the era that it's happening and the fact that the NFL has rules and systems in place which are specifically designed to impede any franchise from pulling off what the Patriots are doing.

I must admit that, even though I've been a Steelers fan since the mid-70's, until I did a bit of poking around the net before replying to Socrates1, I didn't realize just how good they've been in relation to the rest of the league. Although some of these may not be 100% accurate or up to date it's still pretty impressive to think that it may be close to accurate (since the merger in 1970):
- Best record in the NFL and best wining % including expansion teams
- Won the most regular season and playoff games
- Won the most divisional titles
- Played in and Hosted the most conference championship games
- Most Pro Bowl nominations

GO STEELERS!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 18, 2017 17:24

Maindefender
Can't wait for Sunday. Being from the Boston area the amount of time spent talking about absolutely nothing this week has been amazing. Talk is Cheap.....

Media's got to sell that advertising, right?

Side note, if you don't mind me asking... Where in the Boston area? I grew up in Acton and currently have family in Framingham and Cummaquid/W. Yarmouth. That area will always be "home" to me even though I haven't "lived" there in 25+ years.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 18, 2017 17:34

mr_dja
I must admit that, even though I've been a Steelers fan since the mid-70's, until I did a bit of poking around the net before replying to Socrates1, I didn't realize just how good they've been in relation to the rest of the league. Although some of these may not be 100% accurate or up to date it's still pretty impressive to think that it may be close to accurate (since the merger in 1970):
- Best record in the NFL and best wining % including expansion teams
- Won the most regular season and playoff games
- Won the most divisional titles
- Played in and Hosted the most conference championship games
- Most Pro Bowl nominations
Exactly...the numbers that the Brady/Belichick regime have compiled are so amazing that it doesn't seem real.

Brady only has a losing record for his career against the Broncos in the entire NFL.

Date: January 18, 2017 17:39

mr_dja
Maindefender

Media's got to sell that advertising, right?

Side note, if you don't mind me asking... Where in the Boston area? I grew up in Acton and currently have family in Framingham and Cummaquid/W. Yarmouth. That area will always be "home" to me even though I haven't "lived" there in 25+ years.

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ah, cool. I went to college in Worcester...not too far from there. I currently live in the Hartford area.

Date: January 19, 2017 06:14

keefriff99
mr_dja
Socrates1

so you are ignoring anything that happened in the nfl before 1967?

Date: January 19, 2017 06:19

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
mr_dja
Socrates1

Post-merger is what everyone tends to focus on. Even going back to 1967...the game is so different it's impossible to compare. They didn't even keep track of a lot of stats back then.

Date: January 19, 2017 06:25

keefriff99
mr_dja
Socrates1

It was something that I shouldn't mention, not a liquid. Schrager can talk about touring breweries at 7 am, and that's just the way it is. Don't do herb and let the helmets collide. I'm not the morality police. Read the bible, kids. Read it now. But I have enjoyed this NFL season. At least I know what Kay looks like in a toga.. and I'm not complaining..A funny thing happened to me on my way over to IORR... Does anyone else here watch Good Morning Football? It's a great show! That show and this thread have actually made the NFL season very enjoyable for me. Thanks to all involved for entertaining me. I'd also like to thank my favorite key grip for this award: #1 Douchebag on the Internet. Seriously, I've watched more games this year than I have for a while. Who says the ratings are down? I'd like to refer (no, I didn't say: reefer) any future replies on this thread to keefriff99. He knows his football. Go to your bibles. Brady and Belichick will be #1 of all time when they win the next Super Bowl and thus the Patriots will be #1 of all time.

Date: January 19, 2017 07:03

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
mr_dja
Socrates1

Post-merger is what everyone tends to focus on. Even going back to 1967...the game is so different it's impossible to compare. They didn't even keep track of a lot of stats back then.

they did not but it still part of nfl history. the nfl currently states the packers, bears and giants have the most total nfl championships.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home