Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 12, 2016 16:01

chrism13
I see the Pope is heading to Cuba. Perhaps he will announce the Stones show in Havana! Actually I am envious of the Pope's itinerary- Cuba,Mexico city...

Note: While I may not be a deeply religious person I am fan of this Pope's message and style.

And perhaps he will be eager to go La Plata as he is ARGENTINO.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 12, 2016 21:08

Update 02/10: Just heard from my inside source who told me that negotiations with either the Cuban government or a potential corporate sponsor have hit a snag and the Havana show will likely not happen. I'll try to find out more but with the rumored date just over a month away things are not looking good at this point. Stay tuned.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 07:58 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: February 12, 2016 22:47

TornAndFried
Update: I just heard from my inside source and they told me that negotiations with either the Cuban government or a potential corporate sponsor have hit a snag and the Havana show may not happen after all. I'll try to find out more but with the date bring just over a month away, things are not looking good at this point. Stay tuned.

uh-oh

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 12, 2016 23:02

Don't listen to bogus rumours by folk who claim to have legit info.Wait for official announcement.

Date: February 13, 2016 01:29

stargroover
Don't listen to bogus rumours by folk who claim to have legit info.Wait for official announcement.

My info is not a bogus rumour or speculation. It comes directly from a person who works for the Rolling Stones office, yesterday, in Buenos Aires.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 04:15 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 13, 2016 01:39

All the effort that must be going into this thing is mind-bottling. Just play Paraguay or an extra show in Argentina instead.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 13, 2016 03:17

Credibility of "insde sources" ( and believe me, many of us have them) is everything, but based on the dates that travel tours to Cuba are quoting, February 15th is the key date for an announcement to have been made. I'm going anyway, Stones or not, as Havana has been on my list of to-do places for a long time. Buena Vista !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 04:13

TornAndFried
stargroover

My info is not a bogus rumour or speculation. It comes directly from a person who works for the Rolling Stones, yesterday, in Buenos Aires.

Something is up this week - whether it's negotiations for the concert itself, sponsor money or working out the ticket sales - things have gone a bit quieter than the past couple of weeks.

Of course, when I finally find a few nice accommodations with vacancies in Havana - things would get a little strange and have me hesitating to make reservations.

Date: February 13, 2016 04:20

GlimmerGirl24
TornAndFried
stargroover

My info is not a bogus rumour or speculation. It comes directly from a person who works for the Rolling Stones, yesterday, in Buenos Aires.

Something is up this week - whether it's negotiations for the concert itself, sponsor money or working out the ticket sales - things have gone a bit quieter than the past couple of weeks.

Of course, when I finally find a few nice accommodations with vacancies in Havana - things would get a little strange and have me hesitating to make reservations.

If I were you I would not make any reservations for Havana without being assured you would could get a refund. I would say that if there is no official announcement by the send of next week the concert will not likely be on. They may have to postpone it for a future date when they play in America again. Maybe after a show in Miami.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 05:42 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 13, 2016 05:28

If I had planned to make unrefundable reservations without a confirmation and a lead on tickets, I would have done so last fall. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 06:58 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 06:42

All interesting information and it is a good point that it is not a requirement that The Stones have to go to Cuba on this tour. The location of the island makes it easy to reach from the States, so if things don't work out this time, maybe next.

No sense risking too much in case the show does not go. But of course isnt that ALWAYS rule? There is always a risk that a show wont go on every trip, artist can/have canceled right up to showtime, no matter who the artist is.

I don't travel as much as I used to for concerts, but when I do I always make sure to have 2-4-10 reasons to be happy to visiting where ever the show might be, so if/when the show is canceled/postponed I am not mad. I will just spend more time being with my friends in that location, go see another show, see the sights, go to the beach, go snow skiing... that is what my insiders are telling me anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 06:43 by everwest1.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: February 13, 2016 06:55

I`ve booked a great hotel in the old town of Havannah, for three weeks in march, months ago when the rumours came up.
If the show doesn`t happen - why not enjoy the place just as well? And borrow a guitar and play start me up in calle o reilly, and go on the Hemingway trail (don`t!)
cheers

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 13, 2016 14:15

US and Cuba to formalise deal allowing 20 flights a day between countries.

The Rolling Stones, too, are booked to play in Havana next month at the end of their current Latin American tour...

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: February 13, 2016 15:01

Medzvel
US and Cuba to formalise deal allowing 20 flights a day between countries.

The Rolling Stones, too, are booked to play in Havana next month at the end of their current Latin American tour...

[www.theguardian.com]
Hope the Guardians' right !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 17:31

interesting that the US is adding more daily flights to Cuba now /w cruise ships & ferries soon as well and how this would effect a Stones show there.

I have read the posts about a snag with sponsor. Seems that would be they easy part. Loads of companies are looking to get their foot in the door (Hello Jet Blue!) & this would be a great way.

I think it would be unique for the Stones to play their now as opposed to let's say after a Miami show/end of summer tour (pure wishful thinking/speculation on my part) when the floodgates have opened.

Thoughts?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 15, 2016 17:39

THE SHOW IS ON! The new flights & cruises have NOTHING to do with The Stones Show.

Date: February 15, 2016 18:27

DREAMTIME
THE SHOW IS ON! The new flights & cruises have NOTHING to do with The Stones Show.

And your source is?

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 18:32

I agree Dreamtime that that the stones show & new regulations are not related ...but I also agree w/ Torn & Frayed-who is your source that says show is on!

Date: February 15, 2016 19:17

Anyone daft enough to put their source on this forum would never get told anything ever again.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:29

TornAndFried
Update: I just heard from my inside source and they told me that negotiations with either the Cuban government or a potential corporate sponsor have hit a snag and the Havana show may not happen after all. I'll try to find out more but with the date bring just over a month away, things are not looking good at this point. Stay tuned.
Thank God!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 16, 2016 05:40

potus43
TornAndFried
Thank God!

Why Thank God???

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: February 16, 2016 19:49

So, I am assuming Cuba won't happen. So what does everyone think is next. I believe I read the boys are off to Paris to record and then later back to USA and then Europe...Anyone?????? I am very sorry as I held out for Cuba over Bogota so now I can only look forward again...Any thoughts are appreciated..

Date: February 16, 2016 20:27

Cuba is most likely a free show - which means the Stones fees and costs of the concert are being picked up by one or more sponsors. The concert can be announced on the 15th of March - it doesn't need a few months to sell tickets. Which makes it difficult for those of us outside of Cuba who need a few weeks prior to the concert to procure travel arrangements.

I have no idea if Havana will happen. I've kept my ear to the rails and in December the chatter said it was probably off. A couple of weeks ago, it might be on. Since then, the chatter has gone silent on my rails and the sources brought up here have differing opinions.

What I do know is giving us ample time to make travel arrangements isn't a concern of the Machine.

As for what the Stones are doing for the rest of 2016 - maybe they'll book some studio time. Maybe not.

Based on their touring pattern for the past few years - we'll probably see them on the road somewhere at the end of the year or beginning of 2017. I think major markets in the US and London are more likely than Europe - but it's just a guess.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: February 16, 2016 21:20

Thanks for your thoughts GlimmerGirl24.. I would have to assume ultimately they will return to London..:-)) Since I am in Ireland, I will be there...sorry I was not more aggressive in pursuing SA but had already been to Brazil in November and the tickets were so confusing!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 16, 2016 21:29

Studio time in April/May new album out in September with a Major cities North American Tour with a new "Concept" then Europe in late spring/Summer 2017...

Date: February 16, 2016 21:43

Speaking to a member of the RS staff last night, it seems that the logistics of adding the Havana gig are proving too much and it will not happen. That was their opinion anyway.

Date: February 16, 2016 23:00

What I'm hearing is there hasn't been a yea or nay yet on Cuba from the powers that be. It's still limbo land with people leaning towards the final answer will be nay.

On the bright side, Mick's visit to Cuba points to the direction that the Stones want to play Havana and the lack of a firm it's not going to happen may indicate they're still trying to make it work.

Date: February 17, 2016 07:13

Just in case Cuba happens - some interesting videos on Havana:

[www.businessinsider.com]

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 17, 2016 08:17

Cuba has its own rules.

Here is a story

One European friend of mine organized some years ago a free concert there.... Some tiny thing, in a church, but with recognized artist playing classical music... I was there.... Sponsor was a public body from Europe - they paid the travel for the artists, the hotel, the people to usher the audience, the electricity, and whatever thing you needed to have a nice concert... They put poster in La Havana for a free concert...

The concert was almost cancelled.... My friend discovered at the last minute Cuban officials had issued ticket to be sold at the gate of the church... There was a tense discussion, he demanded no ticketing or threaten to cancel the show... After fierce discussion, the Cuban officials let it go, and everybody could enter and see the show for free....

Date: February 17, 2016 08:28

Rachel Weingeist hasn't removed the Stones from her tour's itinerary and is still promoting it as a Stones trip. She has moved the deadline for non-refundable deposits from the February 15th to the 20th.

[www.rachelweingeist.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home