Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: January 31, 2016 23:48

MisterDDDD
Round trip air from Vancouver, Canada to Havana, Cuba on dates surrounding the concert is only $383 US..

Seeing the Stones with thousands who have never seen them before- priceless.cool smiley

Looking for flights now, same YVR to HAV. Where do you see this price MisterDDDD?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 31, 2016 23:52

MisterDDDD
Round trip air from Vancouver, Canada to Havana, Cuba on dates surrounding the concert is only $383 US..

Seeing the Stones with thousands who have never seen them before- priceless.cool smiley

wow, that sounds too good to be true, but I hope it is.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 1, 2016 01:19

Which date is more likely for the concert- 20th or 21th? Thanks.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 1, 2016 01:43

steffialicia
sarahunwin
Anyone else from the US planning to travel to Cuba as an individual directly from Mexico?

Hi Sarah-I'm considering it. Please contact me at steffialicia@optonline.net.

I'm thinking about it. You can send me a message via Twitter, @TigerPurr1

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 1, 2016 02:32

latvianinexile
Which date is more likely for the concert- 20th or 21th? Thanks.

the weekend...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 1, 2016 03:39

MKjan
MisterDDDD

Checked this morning and calculated at todays exchange rate (39%!) and it is indeed true. Also, if you have RFID Drivers license, there is no need for passport when you drive to Vancouver and back.. Need passport for Cuba flight only .. don't necessarily need US permission cool smiley

Use Google flights for the fares.. one quoted was with 10 hr layover in Mexico..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-01 03:41 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 1, 2016 03:57

I noticed a big price disparity between the Google Flights quote and the actual price once you click on the airline link and are required to search again. It may be a US thing. Award miles may come in handy to get as far as Mexico City or Panama City or even Bogota.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: February 1, 2016 04:18

You can fly to Havana via Montreal with Air China. Great prices.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 1, 2016 04:26

MisterDDDD
MKjan
MisterDDDD

Checked this morning and calculated at todays exchange rate (39%!) and it is indeed true. Also, if you have RFID Drivers license, there is no need for passport when you drive to Vancouver and back.. Need passport for Cuba flight only .. don't necessarily need US permission cool smiley

Use Google flights for the fares.. one quoted was with 10 hr layover in Mexico..

Thanks for this info. I am a US citizen in NYC, and I have a few passports , I'll have to see which one is easiest to use.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: February 1, 2016 04:45

Airbnb is the way to book casas particulares nowadays.

I've been to Cuba before, like 4 years ago, and it's easy to move around with the network of people knowing people with accommodations, cars, food.. mind you all governed, but once you are in the system, it's very easy. So my advice. Book a casa particulare, don't even go hotels, experience Cuba, if you want to go somewhere else? no problem, just ask your host. smiling smiley

Can't wait! See you there.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 1, 2016 14:51

Peterh
Airbnb is the way to book casas particulares nowadays.

I've been to Cuba before, like 4 years ago, and it's easy to move around with the network of people knowing people with accommodations, cars, food.. mind you all governed, but once you are in the system, it's very easy. So my advice. Book a casa particulare, don't even go hotels, experience Cuba, if you want to go somewhere else? no problem, just ask your host. smiling smiley

Can't wait! See you there.
You can also book Casa Particulares through the travel republic website (travelrepublic.co.uk). I booked one for 7 nights for £162 and the guy who owns it has arranged airport transfer for me as well for 25 Cuc (=$25). My daughter stayed in one a few years ago and it is definitely the preferred (and cheaper) option.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 1, 2016 21:12

Any info on how ticket sales will work for US citizens?

I had issues thru TM Mexico so I am presuming Cuba tickets will be more red tape as banking & government issues come into play.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 1, 2016 22:26

GlimmerGirl24
steffialicia
sarahunwin
Anyone else from the US planning to travel to Cuba as an individual directly from Mexico?

Hi Sarah-I'm considering it. Please contact me at steffialicia@optonline.net.

I'm thinking about it. You can send me a message via Twitter, @TigerPurr1
saying

I will contact you both in the next day or so. My direct email is: sgcub@comcast.net. I'm on Twitter too, but don't use it much......

Date: February 1, 2016 22:27

Thanks montreal1 for this tip.

Date: February 2, 2016 18:52

Did someone find a place in an Havana's Casa Particular to stay ? I contacted more than 23 differents places during the last two days plus mostly the hotels in Havana. No rooms available for March 19th until March 23th. Only outside Havana.

Date: February 2, 2016 19:04

montreal1
Did someone find a place in an Havana's Casa Particular to stay ? I contacted more than 23 differents places during the last two days plus mostly the hotels in Havana. No rooms available for March 19th until March 23th. Only outside Havana.
I did, but I booked last October on the off-chance. Try airbnb ??8

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 2, 2016 19:34

I tried airbnb, but they are telling me that I can't have access to Cuba booking because I live in Canada. Never happened to me...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 2, 2016 19:52

It's gonna cost the Stones a FORTUNE to bring in all the equipment necessary for the entire production. As cool as it would be it's highly unlikely they'll do it. It would be really cool if they did.

Date: February 2, 2016 20:04

Happy,I just booked and paid a room 18 euros per night in Havana !

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 2, 2016 20:41

I don't think they would be short of sponsors willing to put in the big bucks to provide a free show for Cubans and hopefully us fans from abroad .

The worldwide publicity of being part of a huge gig in Plaza de la Revolución and may be having it televised either live or quite soon after the show would be great for Pepsi ,Coke ,Adidas and countless multi-national companies .

I feel sure it's going to happen and keep looking at RS.com as it could be any day now, or any week in the next month or so it's announced.

I just hope I am right. thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 2, 2016 21:15

montreal1
I tried airbnb, but they are telling me that I can't have access to Cuba booking because I live in Canada. Never happened to me...

Only US citizens who confirm thay have an official reason for visiting Cuba can use AirBnb to book Cuba stays.

Date: February 3, 2016 01:32

crawdaddy
I don't think they would be short of sponsors willing to put in the big bucks to provide a free show for Cubans and hopefully us fans from abroad .

The worldwide publicity of being part of a huge gig in Plaza de la Revolución and may be having it televised either live or quite soon after the show would be great for Pepsi ,Coke ,Adidas and countless multi-national companies .

I feel sure it's going to happen and keep looking at RS.com as it could be any day now, or any week in the next month or so it's announced.

I just hope I am right. thumbs up
You are right !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 3, 2016 01:47

montreal1
Happy,I just booked and paid a room 18 euros per night in Havana ![/quote
Fantastic, well done. See you there !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2016 08:50

Just got confirmation that the Havana show will be on Sunday, March 20 at Estadio LatinAmericano. Official announcement along with ticket information coming soon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 10:19 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 5, 2016 09:23

Fantastic news TornandFried, thank you for posting. So happy that in the last hour I confirmed my flight & accommodation!

This is history we are participating in spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

See you there.

Date: February 5, 2016 11:39

This is going to be truly amazing, a one-off not to be missed. I'm there from the 17th to the 24th, so perfect that it's on Palm Sunday !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2016 11:45

LovingCupola
Fantastic news TornandFried, thank you for posting. So happy that in the last hour I confirmed my flight & accommodation!

This is history we are participating in spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

See you there.

Hopefully I will make it. What country do you come from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 17:32 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 12:34

TornAndFried
Just got confirmation that the Havana show will be on Sunday, March 20 at Estadio LatinAmericano. Official announcement along with ticket information coming soon.

OUR GUYS ARE WRITING NEW PAGES OF HISTORY

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 15:07

Thanks for update Torn & Frayed. I want to go to two shows in Mexico City but cant take time off work for both Mexico and Cuba. I actually purchased a ticket for the show on 17th in MC but used an Amex so I cant print the ticket here in the states. Not sure what happens to it as I will probably not make it to MC.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 5, 2016 17:17

Anyone know if we can for sure purchase tickets for the Cuba show with Amex from the USA?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home