Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 29, 2016 00:38

Nate
TornAndFried
Nate
DREAMTIME
It's going to be a FREE concert for Cuban nationals and premium paid seating for 'tourists'. Hotels in Havana are already SOLD-OUT as it's also Easter time and spring break time. I got my air and hotel booked. It will happen!

I really hope this happens for the people of Cuba but I do hope that the best areas in the venue to watch the show from are not just going to be for paying tourists they should also be for the people of Cuba with the free tickets.

Nate thumbs up

If they do this show it will be paying tourists and corporate sponsors VIPs, local politicians, etc in the front. Free spectators in the rear. Just like it was in Rio in 2006.

That's sad there should be some good tickets for the people of Cuba that can't afford to pay high prices and as for politicians being given good seats most likely with funds from the Cuban taxpayers that is a joke.

Nate thumbs down

What's sad about that? If it's a free concert then thousands of Cubans will get to see it without paying. And not many Cubans know the Stones music anyway so why waste good tickets on them?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 29, 2016 00:55

TornAndFried
Nate
TornAndFried
Nate
DREAMTIME
It's going to be a FREE concert for Cuban nationals and premium paid seating for 'tourists'. Hotels in Havana are already SOLD-OUT as it's also Easter time and spring break time. I got my air and hotel booked. It will happen!

I really hope this happens for the people of Cuba but I do hope that the best areas in the venue to watch the show from are not just going to be for paying tourists they should also be for the people of Cuba with the free tickets.

Nate thumbs up

If they do this show it will be paying tourists and corporate sponsors VIPs, local politicians, etc in the front. Free spectators in the rear. Just like it was in Rio in 2006.

That's sad there should be some good tickets for the people of Cuba that can't afford to pay high prices and as for politicians being given good seats most likely with funds from the Cuban taxpayers that is a joke.

Nate thumbs down

What's sad about that? If it's a free concert then thousands of Cubans will get to see it without paying. And not many Cubans know the Stones music anyway so why waste good tickets on them?

I think it's great that the Cuban people will hopefully get to have this show and I'm sure they will be happy to be there regardless of where they are in the venue but as many of us here know it really is a different experience when you can watch the show standing right at the front of stage and we are fortunate to be able to afford to buy those tickets,the people of Cuba can not afford to do that so it would be a nice touch if some of the better tickets were given to them and whether they know the music or not and I'm sure some of them do is besides the point,how many of the politicians and VIPs will be genuine Rolling Stones fans.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 29, 2016 01:18

^ It's a dictatorship. The proletariat come last.

Date: January 29, 2016 01:26

DeanGoodman

Since Cuba is a communist country maybe they could give each person a chance to stand up front for say, 5 minutes, then move to the rear of the stadium to allow the next group a close-up experience. Those who stay too long, block other fan's views or otherwise break the rules will be subject to fines, imprisonment or deportation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-29 01:28 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 29, 2016 01:28

DeanGoodman

And the first one now will later be last for the times they are a changing.

Nate

Date: January 30, 2016 17:51

Just heard from an inside source that the Havana show is ON! Expect an official announcement soon.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 30, 2016 18:03

TornAndFried
Just heard from an inside source that the Havana show is ON! Expect an official announcement soon.

thumbs up
Going to be the concert(s) of the tour if not the decade.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 18:28

Good news, I am delighted to hear this show is coming together. The people of Cuba are gonna love it, like everyone else does.

Date: January 30, 2016 23:05

Viva Cuba!!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 31, 2016 00:30

camon camon it would be great .....
Im looking forward.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:00

TornAndFried
Gonna be a blast !!!Buena Vista Social Club here we come !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:14

Yes they say Cuba is on. It will be a great way to end the tour of Latin America.

Bjornulf

Date: January 31, 2016 02:41

If the Cuban people are to be given free tickets I wonder how they will be allocated and obviously not all the Cuban people will be able to get one so it would be a nice touch if they had some big screens in public places in Cuba for people to watch and maybe even show it live for free on Cuban television.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:42

I'm already packed...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 31, 2016 03:21

Nate
If the Cuban people are to be given free tickets I wonder how they will be allocated and obviously not all the Cuban people will be able to get one so it would be a nice touch if they had some big screens in public places in Cuba for people to watch and maybe even show it live for free on Cuban television.

Nate thumbs up

It will be the biggest scalping operation since Custer's Last Stand.

Date: January 31, 2016 03:27

Nate

maybe even show it live for free on WORLDWIDE television so everyone else can have fun too !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-31 03:49 by everwest1.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2016 04:40

If they play at Plaza de la Revolución then there will be plenty of space. And "Street Fighting Man" is a must"... What else can a poor boy do?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: January 31, 2016 05:18

That would be an amazing location...

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: January 31, 2016 11:05

On which date, 20 or 21 ??

bv
If they play at Plaza de la Revolución then there will be plenty of space. And "Street Fighting Man" is a must"... What else can a poor boy do?

Agree. I hate baseball stadium show. But Plaza de la Revolución is an ideal venue.hot smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 31, 2016 17:41

Anyone have any idea when the concert might be announced and how us foreigners will be able to get tickets??

Date: January 31, 2016 18:01

Round trip air from Vancouver, Canada to Havana, Cuba on dates surrounding the concert is only $383 US..

Seeing the Stones with thousands who have never seen them before- priceless.cool smiley

Date: January 31, 2016 18:36

Does anyone know if it is possible and okay to buy airline tickets from Mexico to Havana and back to Mexico from the USA on an American Express credit card without any problems?

I am thinking of flying to Cancun on March 18, spending 3 nights in Cancun and then hopping over to Havana on Sunday morning and leaving from Havana to Mexico City on 3/22 and then getting a plane back to San Francisco from Mexico City.

any advice, comments much appreciated.....

Date: January 31, 2016 18:41

Anyone else from the US planning to travel to Cuba as an individual directly from Mexico?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 31, 2016 19:36

sarahunwin
Anyone else from the US planning to travel to Cuba as an individual directly from Mexico?

Buy your air tickets from Mexico to La Habana (Havana) at Interjet.com. You can use an USA Visa credit card. Check off you know the rules. You buy a tourist visa for Cuba at Mexico Airport $25. Finding a hotel is another story. I'm booked.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 31, 2016 19:47

sarahunwin

Hi Sarah-I'm considering it. Please contact me at steffialicia@optonline.net.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 31, 2016 20:24

Bad move on the part of the Stones

Date: January 31, 2016 20:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-31 20:30 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 31, 2016 21:50

sarahunwin
Anyone have any idea when the concert might be announced and how us foreigners will be able to get tickets??

My source said the show will be announced soon. There are still some details to be worked out before they are ready to make the official announcement. Stay tuned.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-01 01:26 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 31, 2016 22:06

This is a great move on the part of The Stones. Totally cool.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 31, 2016 22:28

great.unfortunately i wont be able to go, as i dont have much money.
it wil be great Stones show. enjoy everyone
jeroen

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home