Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21
Re: OT: Paris terror attacks
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2015 05:59

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 18, 2015 06:13

Now this could be an attempt to get an American dog in the fight, all of a sudden the threat is closer to home. I of course have no idea but this is a bit suspicious...just sayin.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2015 06:43

Ya never know Naturalust.

More sh*t happening in Paris suburb St. Denis now.

'Heavy gunfire' in suburb of St Denis as police hunt suspects – live

Crazy days....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 18, 2015 07:19

In other news: England 2, France 0 - though the score wasn't what mattered.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: November 18, 2015 09:35

Yes, there is tension in the air - but I won't back down.

The people who died or were hurt in Paris did the same things me and my friends love to do: going to a cafe, watching football in a stadium and of course going to concerts.
Me and my friends, we won't be changing our lifestyle because of a few misguided people. If they want to stop us from going to cafes, concerts and football matches they will have to kill us. So be it. I'm not saying this lightheartedly and in all respects for those who lost their lives or got hurt on Friday but the worst thing would be to let those bastards grind us down. In the end, they won't win their fight. They will lose.

I love Paris and have been there many times, last time being for the Stones show in 2014. And I will go there again next year. If there's a U2 or Stones show there next year, we will be there.

What impressed me a lot on Friday night was that Parisians opened their homes to those in need, those not knowing how to get home, those afraid on the streets. I will always remember that when I think about Friday, 13th 2015.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 18, 2015 09:55

Papo

What impressed me a lot on Friday night was that Parisians opened their homes to those in need, those not knowing how to get home, those afraid on the streets. I will always remember that when I think about Friday, 13th 2015.

Good for you--me too. smiling smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 18, 2015 09:56

NICOS
alimente
HighwireC

I've already posted some links to the ongoing history of France and Algeria/Maroc, and about the christian atrocities against the Arabs and Moslims, too.

Peace.
HighwireC.

And this excuses exactly what?

He try to say that hundreds (or maybe 1000) years ago we did the same so what is the problem......I guess he forgot to say that it's 2015 and most of us regret the past.........

That's exactly what I suspected...another case of stupid relativism...

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 10:16

there's been tension in the air of St-Denis again since early this morning.
fire shots, explosions....
a female kamikaze has exploded herself..2 terrorists have been killed...
there is an important presence of police, samu (medical emergency)

Abdelhamid Abaaoud could be hidden in a flat in St-Denis and surrounded by the police. He is supposed to be the sponsor of Paris attacks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 10:38 by jpasc95.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 18, 2015 10:56

NICOS
alimente
HighwireC

I've already posted some links to the ongoing history of France and Algeria/Maroc, and about the christian atrocities against the Arabs and Moslims, too.

Peace.
HighwireC.

He try to say that hundreds (or maybe 1000) years ago we did the same so what is the problem......I guess he forgot to say that it's 2015 and most of us regret the past.........

Do read my posts, please:

Many People, me too, are asking: Why Paris, again?

Here are some more links to look at the historical Background:

Franco-Syrian War [en.wikipedia.org]

Algerian War [en.wikipedia.org]

Ruhollah Khomeini [en.wikipedia.org]

Nicolas Sarkozy [en.wikipedia.org]

Clichy-sous-Bois [en.wikipedia.org]

and many more to find.

I've posted these link last monday. Let me add this ARTE-Documentation now.
You know ARTE, an German/French TV-Project, by the well known Stones-Docu: "Let It Bleed".

Documentaire - Abdelkrim et la guerre du Rif

Here is the german version:

Marokko 1921 - Ein vergessener Krieg - ( Abdel krim el khattabie )

[www.youtube.com]

If you look a little deeper, you'll find many more cruelties, committed by european states and Chrstians against the Arabs and Moslims.

And again: This may give us some explanations, but there is still never ever any kind of an excuse to kill People, now.

We'll have to find a way to stop this insanity.

But it will be not so simple as some of us like to believe ...

Peace.
HighwireC

Date: November 18, 2015 11:13

alimente
NICOS
alimente
HighwireC

Peace.
HighwireC.

That's exactly what I suspected...another case of stupid relativism...

Do read my post first, before calling me "stupid" ...

Peace.
HighwireC

Date: November 18, 2015 11:17

Adding to HighwireC's post: The colonisations of some of these countries set them back centuries development- and democracy-wise.

Date: November 18, 2015 12:13

HighwireC,
you seem to be very nervous by repeating the same message.
Cool down, we have perfectly understood what you wanna tell us about the colonialist history of France.

Date: November 18, 2015 12:37

jpasc95
HighwireC,
Cool down, we have perfectly understood what you wanna tell us about the colonialist history of France.

I've posted some hints to the the ongoing history in Paris in the years after 2000, too:

Let me add this:

The Problem of Clichy: After 2005 Riots, France’s Suburbs Are Still Miserable [world.time.com]

Don't close your eyes or look away, please ...

Peace.
HighwireC

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 12:40

DandelionPowderman
Adding to HighwireC's post: The colonisations of some of these countries set them back centuries development- and democracy-wise.

The history here goes back for as long as recorded history. Everyone on the Mediterranean has been fighting one another basically since civilization began. It's not reasonable to selectively pick periods in history. Major swathes of europe were once occupied by Arab armies that committed plenty of injustices.

France and Germany were constant enemies for centuries and they figured out how to live together. That gives me hope that this can happen in the Mediterranean and Middle East too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 13:06 by Turner68.

Date: November 18, 2015 13:04

HighwireC
jpasc95
HighwireC,

I've posted some hints to the the ongoing history in Paris in the years after 2000, too:

Let me add this:

The Problem of Clichy: After 2005 Riots, France’s Suburbs Are Still Miserable [world.time.com]

Don't close your eyes or look away, please ...

Peace.
HighwireC
still very nervous
ok it's our fault and we deserved what happened in Paris on last Friday.
are you satisfied ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:23

This had very little to do with French colonial history; it was Daesh (ISIS, IS...) who commited these horrific atrocities. If they were revenging something it was the French bombing attacks on Daesh in Syria and Iraq.
I said it earlier: Daesh must be destroyed, not explained for or relativized. Unless, of course, you are for a coming kalifat built on sharia and violence. I do fully support France in their noble task to combat this islamistic murder sect.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:34

On the more positive note:

yesterday Simply Red played in Le Zenith, Paris to 5000 people:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:50

Good on Mick Hucknell and the lads....................and all the fans that attended. smileys with beer

Date: November 18, 2015 13:53

yes and it's a good thing that more and more artists finally choose to play their concerts and shows after having postponed or cancelled.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:22

franzk
yesterday Simply Red played in Le Zenith, Paris to 5000 people

Oups - seems once again I confused Simply Red with Simple Minds - sorry about that.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:45

jpasc95
yes and it's a good thing that more and more artists finally choose to play their concerts and shows after having postponed or cancelled.

U2's Saturday concert at Bercy was cancelled by authorities, as was Sunday's show, for understandable reasons. The band are eager to come back to Paris as soon as possible, but it's not on them alone.

Great that authorities allowed yesterdays concert at Le Zenith, although I would understand ongoing cancellations of events, as the police got their hands full and might not need any big gatherings of people at concerts etc. to take care of, too.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 18, 2015 18:28

Stoneage
This had very little to do with French colonial history; it was Daesh (ISIS, IS...) who commited these horrific atrocities. If they were revenging something it was the French bombing attacks on Daesh in Syria and Iraq.
I said it earlier: Daesh must be destroyed, not explained for or relativized. Unless, of course, you are for a coming kalifat built on sharia and violence. I do fully support France in their noble task to combat this islamistic murder sect.

+100

Another thing. What countries has Finland colonized? Should Finns apologize for what Brussels (King Leopold) did to Congo? http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnish_security_police_raised_terrorism_risk_level_owing_to_isis_activity/7536141

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 18, 2015 18:32

Papo
Great that authorities allowed yesterdays concert at Le Zenith, although I would understand ongoing cancellations of events, as the police got their hands full and might not need any big gatherings of people at concerts etc. to take care of, too.

In the light of today's event, and knowing that heavily armed attackers were still near Paris, I can understand the cancellations, since the authorities probably had suspicions.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 18, 2015 18:37

Terror threat second highest in Sweden as of today. http://www.thelocal.se/20151118/sweden-reported-to-be-raising-terror-threat Police search for unnamed armed man from Iraq(?) and they have new intel causing the raise. Damn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 18:39 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: November 18, 2015 20:29

Suspected architect of Paris attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, is dead, according to two senior intelligence officials

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Peace.
HighwireC

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 20:38

Redhotcarpet
Stoneage

+100

Another thing. What countries has Finland colonized? Should Finns apologize for what Brussels (King Leopold) did to Congo? http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnish_security_police_raised_terrorism_risk_level_owing_to_isis_activity/7536141

Blaming terrorism today on historical events is counter productive, I agree.

Fear and death is what makes governments and dictators powerful. What is the most fundamental purpose of a government if not to protect its people? It logically follows that if someone wants to rule a people, or a piece of land, the easiest way to do it is to create a threat/enemy, and then be the one who promises to "defend it".

We have seen this movie played over and over again. In the Russian revolution, the counterrevolutionaries and "white guards"; in 1920s and 30s Germany, the Jews; in 1950-1980s America and Russia, it was one another; today it's Islamic terrorists and the West blaming one another. The reality is that the deaths of Moslems due to the West is tiny, and vice versa.

ISIS attacks us because when we hit it back, that makes it stronger. And when they launch attack that kills fewer people than die from car accidents in a few weeks, our leaders overreact and use it to justify spending trillions of dollars and bombing other countries.

There is no logical end to the vicious cycle other than to stop the cycle altogether. The answer doesn't lie in picking apart historical events. I don't buy that it's the poverty of the muslim world that manufactures terrorists. We have lots of poverty on our southern borders in America, and they don't launch terrorist attacks against us. They try to join up with us (and we should do a better job of letting them.)

This battle is about money and power in the Holy Land, the Arab world, the Mediterranean, and the world at large. It won't end until the vicious cycle ends. We can have hope. For centuries it seems that France and Germany wouldn't stop slaughtering one another.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 20:38 by Turner68.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 18, 2015 20:45

Thank you kindly

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 18, 2015 20:52

I am just very sad about what happened in Paris. On the other hand I am very happy to see that all my French IORR friends are allright.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 18, 2015 20:56

SwayStones
Thank you kindly

So good to see you again here

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 18, 2015 21:00

...more relativism. Daesh needs to be taken out due to numerous reasons. To protect the people in Middle East for once. To protect ourselves is another. To stop the mass migration from the Middle East to Europe is also an important reason. We can't accept a legion of murderers claiming authority in the Middle East. The Middle East is complexed enough as it already is. And we can't accept being hit once and again in our own territory.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home