Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: OT: Paris terror attacks
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 21:21

HighwireC
Suspected architect of Paris attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, is dead, according to two senior intelligence officials

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Peace.
HighwireC
not confirmed at all here in France.
TV news say that Abdelhamid Abaaoud was not in St-Denis today so he's still alive.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2015 21:42

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR GENERAL "NEWS" ABOUT TERROR!!!

This thread is in memory of those who suffered in Paris Friday 13, 2015. In support of France and liberty. I do not want to have a bunch of terror news flashes here. Leave it to the press. Terrorists want people to spread fear and anger. Please ignore what they do here on IORR. Too many rumours. Too much fear. Too much anger. In memory and compassion with all of those who are in greaf and sorrow of course.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 18, 2015 22:28

BV -- Thank you very much.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 18, 2015 23:05

I do somewhat agree with BV here. We all follow the mainstream news so there is no need to replicate them here unless something extraordinary happens.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 19, 2015 00:38

Why not delet this whole thread?
This whole nonsense has nothing to do with THE ROLLING STONES.
IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL AND I LIKE IT. IF YOU DON'T like ROCK AND ROLL... well...
You are sick.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 00:41

RipThisBone
IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL AND I LIKE IT. IF YOU DON'T like ROCK AND ROLL... well...
You are sick.

There's definitely an argument that now the 3-day mourning period is over, we can shut this thread down and get back to talking about whether charlie double-tracked his drums on tumbling dice and what songwriting credits brian should or should not have gotten.... ;-)

Date: November 19, 2015 00:45

Turner68
RipThisBone
You are sick.

There's definitely an argument that now the 3-day mourning period is over, we can shut this thread down and get back to talking about whether charlie double-tracked his drums on tumbling dice and what songwriting credits brian should or should not have gotten.... ;-)

thumbs down

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 19, 2015 00:55

RipThisBone
Turner68
RipThisBone
You are sick.

thumbs down

thumbs downthumbs down

In memorium...long live F R E E D O M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-19 00:56 by shadooby.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 19, 2015 00:57

RTB, if this thread bores you: Why don't you stop reading it? There are numerous of other threads to look into. Give this one a rest then...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 19, 2015 00:58

RipThisBone
You are sick.

Why not leave it open for a while and use it for people to share their memories of the good times they have had in Paris?

I have a trip booked to go to Paris in a few weeks and I have to admit I am in two minds whether to go or not as it seems that maybe these horrible events have not come to an end but at the same time I don't want to give in to these delusional people that want to strike fear into us.

Nate

Date: November 19, 2015 01:00

Nate
RipThisBone
You are sick.

Why not leave it open for a while and use it for people to share their memories of the good times they have had in Paris?

I have a trip booked to go to Paris in a few weeks and I have to admit I am in two minds whether to go or not as it seems that maybe these horrible events have not come to an end but at the same time I don't want to give in to these delusional people that want to strike fear into us.

Nate

"keep calm and carry on"! you'll love paris, it's an amazing city.

Date: November 19, 2015 01:09

Nate
RipThisBone
You are sick.

Nate

Paris, like London I saw in 2013, is not nice anymore. Put on Cancell Everything from Ronnie Woods I've Got My Own Album To Do and stay at home. I will never go to London again. Loved the Hyde Park shows but that was it.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:10

Turner68
Nate
RipThisBone
You are sick.

Nate

I have been many times it is one of my favourite city's in the world.

Nate

Date: November 19, 2015 01:10

Turner68
Nate
RipThisBone
You are sick.

Nate

GO on your trip...GO to your concerts...GO to your sporting events...GO visit family and friends...THIS IS WHAT THEY DESPISE OF US...GO AND ENJOY LIFE AND FREEDOM

HOPEFULLY THE U.S. IS READY TO JOIN FRANCE AND RUSSIA TO ELIMINATE THESE SAVAGES ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:16

Nate

Nate

I love the idea of focusing on celebrating Paris.

It's easy for me to say GO! to Paris. But I'm not the one actually going.

Here's the inimitable Maurice Chevalier, who always makes Paris seem très sympathique et charmant!
[www.youtube.com]

For a few weeks after 9/11, people in Washington DC, where I lived (and people forget we had a day of trauma too--the Pentagon situation, you could see the flames and smoke from downtown DC--and the whole city shut down, almost every business closed and sent people home, streets filled with people walking for miles, afraid to take the Metro, ghostly ghastly silent gridlocked traffic jam in the streets, air traffic halted so the skies were empty and silent on that perfect cobalt blue day) were very kind. The vibe in DC was sweet. People were still shaken up but caring for each other. I remember a few days after 9/11 a crowd of professional people at lunchtime walking by building under construction--the workers dropped debris down the chute to a dumpster and it made a thunderous BOOM!! Everyone jumped, a woman screamed, a distinguished man in his 60s in a grey suit started to cry. And everyone was hugging and kind, and laughing with each other, being of good cheer.

Point being, "showing up" in Paris might be a good thing to do. And you may find people vulnerable and shaken still, but welcoming to supportive outsiders.

Then again, I don't know Paris or Parisians, or how quickly the vibe may shift. So my opinion, and a Euro, will get you a copy of Le Monde winking smiley

Date: November 19, 2015 01:19

swiss
Nate

Nate

I love the idea of focusing on celebrating Paris.

It's easy for me to say GO! to Paris. But I'm not the one actually going.

Here's the inimitable Maurice Chevalier, who always makes Paris seem très sympathique et charmant!
[www.youtube.com]

For a few weeks after 9/11, people in Washington DC, where I lived (and people forget we had a day of trauma too--the Pentagon situation, you could see the flames and smoke from downtown DC--and the whole city shut down, almost every business closed and sent people home, streets filled with people walking for miles, afraid to take the Metro, ghostly ghastly silent gridlocked traffic jam in the streets, air traffic halted so the skies were empty and silent on that perfect cobalt blue day) were very kind. The vibe in DC was sweet. People were still shaken up but caring for each other. I remember a few days after 9/11 a crowd of professional people at lunchtime walking by building under construction--the workers dropped debris down the chute to a dumpster and it made a thunderous BOOM!! Everyone jumped, a woman screamed, a distinguished man in his 60s in a grey suit started to cry. And everyone was hugging and kind, and laughing with each other, being of good cheer.

Point being, "showing up" in Paris might be a good thing to do. And you may find people vulnerable and shaken still, but welcoming to supportive outsiders.

Then again, I don't know Paris or Parisians, or how quickly the vibe may shift. So my opinion, and a Euro, will get you a copy of Le Monde winking smiley

Understood, there's a balance between not letting them take away our freedoms and still remaining vigilant.

Date: November 19, 2015 01:19

i was in turkey when the taksim square riots were going on, it was a little disconcerting before we got there, but when we did, we had a great time, the people were very friendly and welcoming and thankful that we came despite all the trouble, and i would do it again in a second.

the media really blows things way out of proportion. if you go to paris, your biggest risk will be getting hit by a car or baguette or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-19 01:37 by Turner68.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:21

The Rolling Stones answer a fan asking them to attend his brother funeral :

Dear Matthieu,

The Rolling Stones are so very sorry to hear of your brother Cedric’s tragic death . That he and others should lose their lives in this terrible way is beyond comprehension and that this should have happened in Paris, a city with which the band have a huge affinity is particularly devastating.

All of us in the Rolling Stones family send you and the rest of Cedric’s family our deepest condolences. The band will not be able to attend his funeral but please know that Cedric and all of you will be in our thoughts and prayers in the difficult days ahead.

With sympathy and love to you and everyone in Paris affected personally by this tragedy.

Joyce Smyth ( For and on behalf of The Rolling Stones).

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:23

bv

This thread is in memory of those who suffered in Paris Friday 13, 2015. In support of France and liberty. I do not want to have a bunch of terror news flashes here. Leave it to the press. Terrorists want people to spread fear and anger. Please ignore what they do here on IORR. Too many rumours. Too much fear. Too much anger. In memory and compassion with all of those who are in greaf and sorrow of course.

Understood.
I did post the LAX news link last night, but mostly meant it as a reply to someone who claimed that those of us in America are relatively safe.
Then I got caught up in the adrenaline of the moment and posted a link of latest stuff happening in St. Denis at the time. Apologies.

Won't happen again -will refrain from posting any more links, and will continue to avoid and partake in any political and/or religious debates by choice.
Not criticizing those who do, just that I have a different mindset right now. Glad you've kept the thread open for anyone who wants to addd something, or for those who just prefer to read it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:35

Turner68
i was in turkey when the taksim square riots were going on, it was a little disconcerting before we got there, but when we did, we had a great time, the people were very friendly and welcoming and thankful that we came despite all the trouble, and i would do it again in a second.

the media really blows things way out of proportion. if you go to paris, you're biggest risk will be getting hit by a car or baguette or something.

The biggest problem we got in this new world of news and terror is the MEDIA ....money makers...........

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:37

Turner68

the media really blows things way out of proportion. if you go to paris, you're biggest risk will be getting hit by a car or baguette or something.

Or in my case, not speaking French and ordering a pizza at a fine restaurant, then having it served to me with a raw egg in the center of it.
Might be a delicacy for some, but...

On a more serious note, my wife and I landed in London about an hour after the terror attacks n July 7, '05. Once landed the pilot informed everyone of the situation and that the entire city was closed down to traffic, etc. Luckily we found a shuttle driver who was able to maneuver us into the city and our hotel. Spent the evening in the hotel pub drinking away as the streets of London were completely empty. Woke up next morning, everything was back to the normal crowded hustle and bustle.

So to Nate, yes - go to Paris by all means. A great city, and memories for a lifetime. thumbs up

Date: November 19, 2015 01:41

Although it may sound blase...Vive la France !

The Western World will overcome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-19 01:43 by shadooby.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 19, 2015 04:45

kowalski

Dear Matthieu,

The Rolling Stones are so very sorry to hear of your brother Cedric’s tragic death . That he and others should lose their lives in this terrible way is beyond comprehension and that this should have happened in Paris, a city with which the band have a huge affinity is particularly devastating.

All of us in the Rolling Stones family send you and the rest of Cedric’s family our deepest condolences. The band will not be able to attend his funeral but please know that Cedric and all of you will be in our thoughts and prayers in the difficult days ahead.

With sympathy and love to you and everyone in Paris affected personally by this tragedy.

[www.facebook.com]

Beautiful.

great response to those who say the thread should be "closed"

As BV said, the connection between the Rolling Stones and France is legendary.

As is the connection between civilization and France. Voltaire and Rimbaud, Zola and DeGaulle.

There is a reason the terrorists attacked symbols of the decadent west, cafes, rock and roll, sports.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2015 05:10

Rokyfan
kowalski

Dear Matthieu,

[www.facebook.com]

Beautiful.

great response to those who say the thread should be "closed"

As BV said, the connection between the Rolling Stones and France is legendary.

As is the connection between civilization and France. Voltaire and Rimbaud, Zola and DeGaulle.

There is a reason the terrorists attacked symbols of the decadent west, cafes, rock and roll, sports.

Indeed touching and nice of the Stones camp to respond. I guess it's lawyer Joyce Smith's job to deliver all the bad news, she did do a nice job here.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 19, 2015 07:10

BV is right in asking to keep news stories out of this thread. Here in the United States there are too many people using unsubstantiated stories to move political views forward. Too many blaming one party or the other for what's going on instead of uniting for the real cause to end this senseless violence. At this time all nations need the strength of unity to move forward. As for those that are saying 3-4 days of mourning is enough don't have a clue to what mourning is. Sometimes it never ends but you just learn to deal with it.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 08:01

bv

I didn't mean to bother you or spoil your forum at all but just answer to a false information.
If you want to delete my post, no problem to me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:29

Rolling Hansie

So good to see you again here (SwayStones)

Same here!! smileys with beer

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 19, 2015 15:18

jpasc95
bv

I didn't mean to bother you or spoil your forum at all but just answer to a false information.
If you want to delete my post, no problem to me.

What was the "false" information in my post or posts ...?

Peace.
HighwireC

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2015 16:09

HighwireC

HighwireC

Your left-wing stale propaganda is!

Acc. to you "war in Algeria" (which happened SIXTY years ago) + "poverty among the Muslim community" + "racism by white French ppl" = suicide attacks.

It's very much like telling us that 1+ 14 + 32 = 1452.

Nope, you're wrong.

Date: November 19, 2015 16:13

dcba
HighwireC

HighwireC

Your left-wing stale propaganda is!

Acc. to you "war in Algeria" (which happened SIXTY years ago) + "poverty among the Muslim community" + "racism by white French ppl" = suicide attacks.

It's very much like telling us that 1+ 14 + 32 = 1452.

Nope, you're wrong.

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home