Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: ALBUM TALK: Voodoo Lounge
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 12, 2016 12:32

GasLightStreet
HMS
It isnt horrible. It´s a decent track. Over the years it has grown on me.

That says absolutely NOTHING. Because the truth is bigger than what you say.

...you mean YOU are bigger than MEsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 12, 2016 17:14

FRASIER CRANE: My advice to you is: Seek professional help.

Date: August 12, 2016 18:42

GasLightStreet
FRASIER CRANE: My advice to you is: Seek professional help.
I went to a psychiatrist some years ago but he went nuts...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 12, 2016 19:17

This thread is a cesspool.

It is sad to imagine what a young fan new to the Rolling Stones and finding out about cool newer albums like Voodoo Lounge and might be excited about it and want to talk about it or any Stones music made after 1972... and they come to IORR.org and they run into this wall of TOXIC HATE.

It is not every poster here, it is 5-6 of the same toxic seemingly mentally unbalanced people who park themselves on these threads like this and spew their vomiting bullsht at anyone who comes along and enjoys an album.

It is obvious these trolls are not here for The Rolling Stones, their comments prove they do not even like The Stones. These worthless fks are nothing but internet trolls who use this web site to bully people and make hateful negative remarks and it is sad.

I am sure it drives away many new people who might want to join some good talk about the Stones.

And I can not even imagine what Jagger or any member of the Stones thinks when he see this type of crap.

Date: August 13, 2016 17:47

He would see serious Stones fans wanting better albums.

With exception to one person, no one argues with how the great albums suck, just the bad ones, because serious Stones fans expect more and didn't get it. Your version of what a troll is and the reality trolls are differ mainly because it appears that you like to whine about people having view points that don't cheer every goddamn thing the Stones have done because you are the kind that apparently thinks something that sucks is still great because it's the Stones.

People commenting and arguing about shitty Stones songs and albums are not trolls just because you think their opinions and observations don't match yours. That's just whining.

Date: August 13, 2016 21:08

GasLightStreet

With exception to one person, no one argues with how the great albums suck, just the bad ones, because serious Stones fans expect more and didn't get it. Your version of what a troll is and the reality trolls are differ mainly because it appears that you like to whine about people having view points that don't cheer every goddamn thing the Stones have done because you are the kind that apparently thinks something that sucks is still great because it's the Stones.

People commenting and arguing about shitty Stones songs and albums are not trolls just because you think their opinions and observations don't match yours. That's just whining.

You dont argue, you rant. You park here and on many threads and go on and on and on and on repeating the exact same insane things over and over and over at ANYONE who likes any album made after 1972. You demand people agree with you or you whine like a little...

It is ridiculous...

Your troll goal is seemingly to drive away every positive person here while making sure no positive people ever want to sign show up.

And the results are obvious. Any new person showing up here, on what is known as the most visited Rolling Stones message board online, and they might want to talk and about The Stones, but they will read through and see their comments will only be met with your confrontational insane trolling nit picking BS and they will move along without ever even signing up on IORR. Why would they waste their time when you will only make it unpleasant?

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:12

Sometimes I come here so some people can remind me to dislike The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:18

Have I said earlier, don't remember. This is my favorite album after Some Girls and Tattoo You. A masterpiece in my opinion. Maybe time will change some opinions? Great Album/Tour. Some might say the best.

Date: August 13, 2016 21:27

I like it too... and I was surprised how much I liked it (more than ever)(better with time) when I randomly played a week or so ago, and I thought (made the mistake) that I would come here and share the thought of how good I thought it was after not hearing it for a while, good times happy thoughts about it.... and quickly realized what a mistake it was. All I did was wake up the thread to gasbag and his non stop ranting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-13 21:28 by jambay.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:28

A much better album then it's predecessor, Steel Wheels....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:49

jambay
I like it too... and I was surprised how much I liked it (more than ever)(better with time) when I randomly played a week or so ago, and I thought (made the mistake) that I would come here and share the thought of how good I thought it was after not hearing it for a while, good times happy thoughts about it.... and quickly realized what a mistake it was. All I did was wake up the thread to gasbag and his non stop ranting.

Well...cheerleading is not everyone's business.(I'm refering to your previous posts in this thread.)
It's not wrong to like this album.
It's not wrong to call this album one of their weaker efforts,so do I.

Date: August 13, 2016 21:53

Better than Steel Wheels indeed, although VL imo has the same amount of real outstanding tracks, 5 each album. I still think there are too many ballads on VL and it has only 2 trademark-sounding tracks (YGMR, Sparks). Plus they wasted three very good tracks by releasing them only as obscure b-sides. Instead they included some... well, "not-so-good-tracks". The opinions which tracks are the "not-so-good-songs" seem to differ very much, though.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:33

shortfatfanny
jambay

Well...cheerleading is not everyone's business.(I'm referring to your previous posts in this thread.)

I am not sure what you mean... so... idk

Date: August 13, 2016 22:34

jambay
GasLightStreet

You dont argue, you rant. You park here and on many threads and go on and on and on and on repeating the exact same insane things over and over and over at ANYONE who likes any album made after 1972. You demand people agree with you or you whine like a little...

It is ridiculous...

Your troll goal is seemingly to drive away every positive person here while making sure no positive people ever want to sign show up.

And the results are obvious. Any new person showing up here, on what is known as the most visited Rolling Stones message board online, and they might want to talk and about The Stones, but they will read through and see their comments will only be met with your confrontational insane trolling nit picking BS and they will move along without ever even signing up on IORR. Why would they waste their time when you will only make it unpleasant?

I have praised VOODOO LOUNGE and denounced the terrible parts of it. It's what serious Stones fans do sometimes. Some people can't accept the truth.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:40

GasLightStreet
give it a rest gas bag...

If you wanna start a I HATE VL thread, then go ahead and reply to every post on it,
but this is a general ALBUM TALK thread.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:43

Grow up or get over yerself, just pick one.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:48

GasLightStreet
Grow up or get over yerself, just pick one.

You just cant help but be an insulting troll, eh? Pathetic

And when BV comes along, I hope he looks over all of this and understands my objective here is help IORR be a place where new people can come, sign up and post fun things about the Rolling Stones without instantly being shouted down and pummeled by the local troll.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 13, 2016 22:56

jambay
GasLightStreet

It is ridiculous...

My take on this:

The impression I got yesterday from a short look on your posting history, jambay, is that you don't want to diffentiate between the issues from the Stones. Consequently, if everything is equally good, nothing is better than the rest and with a reason. You really seem not to want to discuss the Stones at all. To read that done (and sometimes participate) is why I for one enter IORR's Tell Me. When you yourself finally delivered something of discussion, it was to hand out diagnoses on posters. That became your main contribution to this reader.

gaslightstreet has got a challenging style in discussions. Not seldom I disagree on some details. I don't always present my disagreements, but sometimes I do. However, every now and then, gaslightstreet presents inspiring facts or points of view for my interest in the band. He is one of those posters, who are able to do so. I have never ever seen you do as much. It is either the unqualified hurrahs or the illtempered diagnoses. Why don't you try to state something interesting.

Possibly I am one of the five or six posters, to whom you allotted your diagnoses. And if I was not formerly, now I probably will be given one.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:57

On the same page that I and others talk about the album in terms of ranking the songs and discuss Love Is Strong, you say this:

jambay
note to self... and remember this time..
do not come here and post about this fun stuff, it is the wrong place

Somehow you've confused 'instantly' with people that have been here for a while and have some banter going on. I'm not the only one that throws darts at the Stones.

"Local troll". Ha. Remind me to get some rosin.

Date: August 14, 2016 00:18

Witness
jambay
GasLightStreet

It is ridiculous...

My take on this:

The impression I got yesterday from a short look on your posting history, jambay, is that you don't want to diffentiate between the issues from the Stones. Consequently, if everything is equally good, nothing is better than the rest and with a reason. You really seem not to want to discuss the Stones at all. To read that done (and sometimes participate) is why I for one enter IORR's Tell Me. When you yourself finally delivered something of discussion, it was to hand out diagnoses on posters. That became your main contribution to this reader.

gaslightstreet has got a challenging style in discussions. Not seldom I disagree on some details. I don't always present my disagreements, but sometimes I do. However, every now and then, gaslightstreet presents inspiring facts or points of view for my interest in the band. He is one of those posters, who are able to do so. I have never ever seen you do as much. It is either the unqualified hurrahs or the illtempered diagnoses. Why don't you try to state something interesting.

Possibly I am one of the five or six posters, to whom you allotted your diagnoses. And if I was not formerly, now I probably will be given one.

gasbag has been trolling this board for years, and it is always the same old sht. He has not had any new ideas comments or material in years. Just dumb trolling. I dont care, I just avoid him except when he point that stupid crap at me. Like how he trolled my on my comment on the "shouted out" thread. He did not discuss my main comment, he only focused on 2 words and trolled away for the love of stirring the pot, because he loves doing that.

If you are fan of his, good for you.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 14, 2016 00:23

Agreed

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 14, 2016 00:55

jambay

It is sad to imagine what a young fan new to the Rolling Stones and finding out about cool newer albums like Voodoo Lounge and might be excited about it and want to talk about it or any Stones music made after 1972... and they come to IORR.org and they run into this wall of TOXIC HATE.

It is not every poster here, it is 5-6 of the same toxic seemingly mentally unbalanced people who park themselves on these threads like this and spew their vomiting bullsht at anyone who comes along and enjoys an album.

It is obvious these trolls are not here for The Rolling Stones, their comments prove they do not even like The Stones. These worthless fks are nothing but internet trolls who use this web site to bully people and make hateful negative remarks and it is sad.

I am sure it drives away many new people who might want to join some good talk about the Stones.

And I can not even imagine what Jagger or any member of the Stones thinks when he see this type of crap.

Although I'm sure you know what I meant...
this post and some of your followings in this thread.
Cheerleading in perfection with bashing people not sharing your opinion.

Date: August 14, 2016 01:10

shortfatfanny
jambay

Although I'm sure you know what I meant...
this post and some of your followings in this thread.
Cheerleading in perfection with bashing people not sharing your opinion.

I am not going to debate this with you. Feel how ever you want.

Date: August 14, 2016 01:24

But yeah, I think it is pretty weird for anyone who hates it to spend hours and hours ranting on and on and on about an album made over 20 years when it is not going to change anything or anyone's opinion.

If people hate it (or anything) why waste so much time on it?

I can understand making one or two posts about how they think it sucks and moving along but why park on a thread and spend hours dwelling on something they hate. Why shout down anyone who says they like it and tell them how dumb they are for liking it as if that is going to suddenly change someones opinion? That is just weird.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 14, 2016 03:16

jambay
But yeah, I think it is pretty weird for anyone who hates it to spend hours and hours ranting on and on and on about an album made over 20 years when it is not going to change anything or anyone's opinion.

If people hate it (or anything) why waste so much time on it?

I can understand making one or two posts about how they think it sucks and moving along but why park on a thread and spend hours dwelling on something they hate. Why shout down anyone who says they like it and tell them how dumb they are for liking it as if that is going to suddenly change someones opinion? That is just weird.

Your inflationary use of the term "hate" indicates that you obviously belong to the younger generation of fans who tend to take different opinions personally. That's a real problem insofar that hurt feelings usually make serious discussions impossible. I for one don't "hate" any music - I like it or not. Do I put down the band by stating that I like some of their released albums lesser than others? I can tell you that they know for themselves that not everything they ever released is equally good, they know exactly what their highlights were and what their lesser efforts. Just look at their setlists and see which eras/albums are usually not presented.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-14 03:19 by alimente.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 14, 2016 08:40

Love Is Strong 9 in
You Got Me Rocking 7 (bside)
Sparks Will Fly 6 (bside)
The Worst 9 in
New Faces 6 (bside)
Moon Is Up 9 in
Out Of Tears 6 (bside)
I Go Wild 7 in
Brand New Car 7 in
Sweethearts Together 3 out
Suck On The Jugular 4 (bside)
Blinded By Rainbows 2 out
Baby Break It Down 4 out
Thru and Thru 9 in
Mean Disposition 7 in

so young 9 in
the storm 8 in
jump on top on me 7 in or bside
i'm gonna drive 7 in or bside

zip mouth angel (potential) 8 in
honest man 8 in
samba (potential) 8 in
why you runnin (potential) 9 in
middle of the sea (potential) 8 in
got it made 8 in
look out baby (potential) 8 in

and that's how it would sound like (a hell of an album imo)

DISC 1:
Love is strong
Honest man
The worst
Mean disposition
-Jump on top of me (or bside)
Look out baby
Moon is up
I go wild
Why you runnin

DISC 2:
Samba
So young
You got it made
The storm
Middle of the sea
Brand new car
-I'm gonna drive (or Bside)
Thru and thru
Zip mouth angel

Bsides:
You got me rocking
Sparks will fly
New faces
Out of tears

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 14, 2016 12:03

I have not myself heard the new songs that you refer to, maumau, only read about their existence, possibly they may be quite good. However, at the expense of two of the best songs for me, "Sweethearts Together" and "Blinded by Rainbows", completely taken out, I am one, who don't want such a hypothetical VOODOO LOUNGE. In case, it must have been out with for instance "You Got Me Rocking", "I Go Wild" and maybe "Brand New Car".

But really, maybe with a few exceptions, I almost never want to "abolish" released songs, but only move them to another issue. Like you have done with some other songs here, that is exemplary in my view. And there are possibly occasions when a released album by the band makes an entity and probably ought to stay that way, in spite of weaknesses.

Date: August 14, 2016 13:18

Check out Voodoo Stew/Brew/Residue on YouTube, Witness.

Date: August 14, 2016 13:37

Besides Honest Man there´s nothing to be found on Stew/Brew/Residue that´s worth to be released. 95 % is just embryonic basic tracks, rhythmn tracks, sketches and half-baked song-ideas never finished. A few songs are semi-finished, but they are sub-standard-material. Much of the material I guess is just jamming around while waiting on some band-member. Tapes were rolling all the time, that´s why we got this material on bootlegs, but in reality it´s a ton of crap, if you ask me.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 14, 2016 14:35

HMS
Besides Honest Man there´s nothing to be found on Stew/Brew/Residue that´s worth to be released. 95 % is just embryonic basic tracks, rhythmn tracks, sketches and half-baked song-ideas never finished. A few songs are semi-finished, but they are sub-standard-material. Much of the material I guess is just jamming around while waiting on some band-member. Tapes were rolling all the time, that´s why we got this material on bootlegs, but in reality it´s a ton of crap, if you ask me.

Sad but true. Add You Got It Made to Honest Man as songs with any potential and there you have it. There are some interesting different takes of the released songs though that I would not want to miss. But there's simply nothing there in the song sketches that indicates that we lost some classics or that the Stones made some fatally wrong decisions choosing the songs for the album (apart from the two I already mentioned, maybe).

No, I stand by my words that the real tragedy with VL is the fact that Mick and Keith "wasted" some of their best songs at the time for solo projects.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home