Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17
Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:10

stone4 ... 4 a while maybe
with sssoul
HMS
Regarding Keith´s appearences in pirate movies, that is completely different

It wasn't completely different for the outraged guardians of the legacy who were screeching about it at the time.
It was exactly the same. Inappropate. A pardoy. A disgrace. Substantial damage to the Stones' cred. The works.
And look what happened.

No, it was completely different. Are you saying this is the same. You can't differentiate between
singing with a talentless bimbo to acting in a Disney film. Reading some of your posts
do you go out of your way to be awkward and obnoxious or does it just come naturally.

LoFL - now that's classy! Snappy too. Carry on just like that and you'll go far :E

What I said (quite clearly, twice now) is that people reacted exactly the same way to Keith's movies
as you and a couple of others here are reacting now. And look what happened.

I really feel you serious guardians of the Stones' legacy should put your heads together
and compose a petition exhorting Mick Jagger to stop doing things you don't approve of.
Gnashing your teeth in posts on fan forums is just a waste of your moral dignity pants.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 11:37 by with sssoul.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:11

I think its ok for Mick to sing with whoever he wants, I thought GS with lady Gaga was good. Did anyone see the youutube video of Florence Welch doing GS with Mick, she got right in his face, it was great.

As far as Taylor Swift is concerned,maybe Mick got a bit on side from her, he is without any female companions at this time.....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:12

stone4ever
with sssoul
HMS
Regarding Keith´s appearences in pirate movies, that is completely different

It wasn't completely different for the outraged guardians of the legacy who were screeching about it at the time.
It was exactly the same. Inappropate. A pardoy. A disgrace. Substantial damage to the Stones' cred. The works.
And look what happened.

No, it was completely different. Are you saying this is the same. You can't differentiate between singing with a talentless bimbo to acting in a Disney film. Reading some of your posts do you go out of your way to be awkward and obnoxious or does it just come naturally.
We could easily ask the same of you.

You've been having a nonstop meltdown over this innocuous occurrence for the past 48 hours. No one is even going to recall Mick joining her onstage two weeks from now, if not sooner.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:17

stone4ever
Turner68
stone4ever
The reason the stones have such a following is because of the respect and integrety they have earnt through their life time regarding their music. This just detracts from this.

i honestly don't see mick showing up at a taylor swift concert to be a big deal at all

certainly not anywhere near as bad as having contemporary pop acts (like her) join the stones on stage.

the stones stage should be sacred - reserved for people like buddy guy.

mick showing up at taylor swift's concert - what's the big deal? perhaps one of his grandchildren is a big fan and he wanted to make his/her day. who cares if you're not a taylor swift fan. but if taylor swift comes out on the stones stage to perform with them, in front of fans who paid to see the stones, i think it's a different matter.
. Very confusing. Are you saying two wrongs make a right. Why was K Perry and T Swift at a Stones show in the first place ? Answer MJ

No, I am saying that he should be able to guest at whatever concert he feels like without people judging them. He is there as MIck Jagger not the Stones and he should do what makes him happy. Inviting those acts to join the Rolling Stones on stage in front of Stones fans, on the other hand, is something that is reasonable for us to judge. What's confusing about that?

Posted by: stargroover ()

Mick is on great form here.What a dancer,mover and performer!Talyor looks so wooden and can't dance,lousey vocals as well.She was great on As tears go by,but this is a song she can't reach the mark on.And the pretender on guitar,sure Keef will be having a laugh at him.
Roll on South America!

Posted by: strat72 ()

DeanGoodman
You know it's just a matter of time until he teams up with Stones fan Miley Cyrus (which I would welcome). Just thought I should warn certain people now so that they can get their heart medication prescriptions refilled.

Do you think there is any chance that she will twerk with Charlie? Please, let it be so. Twitter will go crazy!

Date: September 28, 2015 22:18

Brothers and sisters...

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:20

stone4ever
It would be less confusing if you just changed your name to Mick94.

may I suggest updating your screen name to
stone up to a point?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-29 00:11 by CloudCat.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:20

Cristiano Radtke
How long will it take for this thread be used again?

Some people are happy to see MJ doing his thing last night. That's good for some people. Others look a little deeper under the surface and have an awkward feel about that performance. Not MJ's performance per se but with whom he chose to perform with and why. MJ does not do (as some have stated ) anything without reason, he is just not doing what he has always done because he loves it. He is a control person and does things for maximum effect, like performing at the White House or the Grammys or Live Aid. Nothing about him is spontaneous and impromptu, and just for the love of the music. People should be able to talk freely about what they think about things like this. Its what discussions are all about. Some find it beneficial to try and understand why a 72 year old would do this without the need. This is not a complaint , this is about understanding.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:23

the most obvious answer as to why he would do it is very simple: for his grandchildren.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:26

Or a payback deal after Swift guested with the Stones? She's the big star now, remember smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:46

stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke

Some people are happy to see MJ doing his thing last night. That's good for some people. Others look a little deeper under the surface and have an awkward feel about that performance. Not MJ's performance per se but with whom he chose to perform with and why. MJ does not do (as some have stated ) anything without reason, he is just not doing what he has always done because he loves it. He is a control person and does things for maximum effect, like performing at the White House or the Grammys or Live Aid. Nothing about him is spontaneous and impromptu, and just for the love of the music. People should be able to talk freely about what they think about things like this. Its what discussions are all about. Some find it beneficial to try and understand why a 72 year old would do this without the need. This is not a complaint , this is about understanding.

Like it or not (and you clearly doesn't like this Mick performance), this was a meeting between the two biggest earners in 2015. Would he get more media attention if he had chosen any other band/artist to perform? Maybe not, given Talor's fanbase which is huge, probably bigger than the Stones. Just because somebody don't like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry or any other pop act with whom Mick (and the Stones) have performed, it doesn't mean that they're not allowed to do it. Plus, they've been inviting guests (and being invited to perform with) for a long time, so what's the surprise here?

Date: September 28, 2015 22:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 22:56 by CloudCat.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:53

HMS
CloudCat
why so ....serious?

Maybe because not even in my wildest dreams I ever expected the Stones/MJ sharing the stage with the likes of Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. Some of you say, it´s just fun, doesnt matter a thing. But the Stones to me are - or more precise - were not only about the music but in some way also about a way of life... I dont know if I ever had become a fan, if they teamed up in the very early 80s with plastic-stars popular at that time, like they do now... A lot of youngsters may like Taylor Swift´s music but there are also a lot of youngsters out there, that dont. They like handmade rock music and there are lots of new bands doing this music. Of course they dont sell like TS. But if Mick would care for music and the Stones´s legacy he would rather support this new bands instead of fooling around with Teeny-stars. It´s like someone above said, many people will keep in mind that "these guys are the ones who sang with Taylor Swift - urgh."

Someone else said, Howlin´ Wolf and Muddy Waters also shared the stage with young, white musicians just like the Stones once were decades ago. That´s okay, these legends and these white boys shared the love for the same music. But there is absolutely nothing in common in Stones-music and Taylor-Swift-music or Katy-Perry-music. The Stones do not really need Taylor Swift and Taylor Swift for sure doesn´t need the Stones or Mick Jagger. Musically they are worlds apart and pairing them turns out into nothing but some sort of freak show, imo.

It would be more appropriate for Mick to show up during a concert of a "new" blues- and rock based band, instead of inviting Teenie-Stars to participate in Stones-concerts. But all he looks for is ATTENTION, a cheap kick for his ego.

Regarding Keith´s appearences in pirate movies, that is completely different, because it had nothing to do with music. I dont care about Keith doing this cameos like I didn´t care Mick starring in "Free Jack". But imo the Stones and Mick are losing credibility when performing with corporate-generated plastic stars, it´s a freak show.

Again...
What he does enables The Rolling Stones to continue to fill stadiums, from which the band (legacy and all) and even us fans benefit from immensely (i.e. more/continued concerts)

The same people who bitched about the Katy Perry's of the world guesting in 2012 were sitting next to her fans in a stadium at a Zip Code concert in 2015...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 22:54 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:56

Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke

Like it or not (and you clearly doesn't like this Mick performance), this was a meeting between the two biggest earners in 2015. Would he get more media attention if he had chosen any other band/artist to perform? Maybe not, given Talor's fanbase which is huge, probably bigger than the Stones. Just because somebody don't like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry or any other pop act with whom Mick (and the Stones) have performed, it doesn't mean that they're not allowed to do it. Plus, they've been inviting guests (and being invited to perform with) for a long time, so what's the surprise here?

kR earned more than MJ this year (extra earnings from CH ) so by your book he should be duetting with Miss swift. I just don't follow your logic.
KR duets with Norah Jones, just has a ring of class about it in comparison.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:59

stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke

kR earned more than MJ this year (extra earnings from CH ) so by your book he should be duetting with Miss swift. I just don't follow your logic.

I'm talking about Mick representing the Stones on his duet, I'm not talking about the Stones' individual earnings this year.

Date: September 28, 2015 23:04

Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke

I'm talking about Mick representing the Stones on his duet, I'm not talking about the Stones' individual earnings this year.

yes otherwise i was going to say maybe Bill Gates would be the man to sing with Taylor Swift

Date: September 28, 2015 23:08

stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
Cristiano Radtke

yes otherwise i was going to say maybe Bill Gates would be the man to sing with Taylor Swift

Don't give ideas, Mick might want have him as a guest. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:09

Turner68
the most obvious answer as to why he would do it is very simple: for his grandchildren.

I dont think this had anything to do with his grandchildren. Its more about seizing the opportunity to show off in front of a very young audience. I truly believe that Mick is youth-obsessed and enjoys to do his strut in front of youngsters. The middle age-faced typical Stones-audience only reminds him of his real age that he tries so hard to ignore.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:21

keefriffhards
HMS
Taylor Swift traded bubblegum-country-pop for computer-generated plastic music on her album 1989. It´s a crying shame that such shit sells billions of copies.

And it´s a crying shame that Mick Jagger really thinks he could introduce himself to TS´s audiences by making a guest appearance that in fact is humilating for everyone who loves GOOD music. Heartfelt music. Handmade music. Music from crafted songwriters. Taylor Swift´s recent music is the total opposite of it. Shame on Mick, that at his age he feels the need to go on his knees and beg for the attention of youngsters younger than young... Could you imagine Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant etc etc doing this. No of course, because these are mature artists doing THEIR thing to THEIR audience. They dont give a damn what 10-year-old girls listen to on their phones and mp3-players. They make adult music for adults and leave the Teenie-stars to the teeny-boppers. There is different music for different audiences, like different books for different readers. It´s completely okay for a 10-year old to love Taylor Swift´s music. But Mick begging for attention of 10-year-olds is humilating and frustrating, espescially for Stones-fans. What Mick does is in some way disgusting and slimy. And more than that - he is making a fool of himself, it is so disappointing, humilating & cheap. Why did he do this - not to make sure, youngsters get to know the music of the Stones, no, I guess it was all about his EGO. If I do get banned now for critizise Mick and speaking my mind out, be it. But I am not obliged to applaude to every childish bullshit Mick Jagger does to please his youth-fixed ego. This guy is really getting annoying sometimes.

You have the guts to say what many of us are thinking. I salute you.

True. There's nothing more that needs to be said, except to echo what one poster said about feeling a little sorry for Mick for having the compulsion to embarrass himself like that.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:23

I wonder what the Aerosmith fans site thinks about Steven Tyler performing the night before with TS in Nashville? BTW. I'm not checking…..winking smiley

BTW, I wasn't impressed with Mick's initial penguin-like moves, reminded me of Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:24

MisterDDDD

Again...
What he does enables The Rolling Stones to continue to fill stadiums, from which the band (legacy and all) and even us fans benefit from immensely (i.e. more/continued concerts)

The same people who bitched about the Katy Perry's of the world guesting in 2012 were sitting next to her fans in a stadium at a Zip Code concert in 2015...

I really do not believe that humiliating performances with plastic teen idols really help them to fill stadiums, you can count the Perry-Swift-Gaga-fans at Stones concerts by the dozens not by thousands I think. Hardly anyone buys an expensive Stones-ticket only because his/her idol once performed with them.

The Stones are able to fill stadiums without help from teen idols and the older they get the easier it gets, because everybody thinks THIS time it´s THE LAST TIME. The South America dates will be sold out within minutes and surely Taylor Swift will not be the one to blame.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:48

Can I ask what was so humiliating about the performance? Seriously.

When I watched the clip that I saw, I saw Mick command the stage using the same mannerisms that he used this summer with the Stones. I was actually proud of him when I got the impression that he was trying to hold back and be a considerate guest on TS's show. Then, when it became evident that she was deferring to him, he owned the performance as far as carrying the song. He did defer to her as far as walking the catwalk (like a pro would) and the "staging".

I'm going to have to compare a Stones 2015 performance of Satisfaction to Mick's w/ TS as, from what I saw, Mick didn't change a thing in his performance even though the stage under him and the band behind him were different on Saturday.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 29, 2015 00:00

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 29, 2015 00:10

mr_dja
That's the question I'd like answered.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 29, 2015 00:13

Why the fuss?
Crooner Tony Bennett (80 years+) recorded a duet with the late Amy WINEHOUSE (20+) some years ago. And why not.
It will all be forgotten about within a month.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 29, 2015 00:15

mr_dja

When I watched the clip that I saw, I saw Mick command the stage using the same mannerisms that he used this summer with the Stones. I was actually proud of him when I got the impression that he was trying to hold back and be a considerate guest on TS's show. Then, when it became evident that she was deferring to him, he owned the performance as far as carrying the song. He did defer to her as far as walking the catwalk (like a pro would) and the "staging".

I'm going to have to compare a Stones 2015 performance of Satisfaction to Mick's w/ TS as, from what I saw, Mick didn't change a thing in his performance even though the stage under him and the band behind him were different on Saturday.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Don''t think it's the performance per se, but rather the circumstances.
Mick doing his thing in front of Stones fans vs. Mick at 72 years of age doing his thing in front of mostly 12 year old teeny bopper Taylor Swift fans...it has a creepy factor.
But as I mentioned WAY back in this thread, if it makes him happy, oh well....what's done is done.
I wonder of Keith has seen this yet.

Date: September 29, 2015 00:36

Hairball
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Don''t think it's the performance per se, but rather the circumstances.
Mick doing his thing in front of Stones fans vs. Mick at 72 years of age doing his thing in front of mostly 12 year old teeny bopper Taylor Swift fans...it has a creepy factor.
But as I mentioned WAY back in this thread, if it makes him happy, oh well....what's done is done.

i know more adults who went to see taylor swift on this tour than went to see the stones in 2013-2015.
her crowd is not just 12 year olds.

we should consider the possibility that mick knows what he is doing and understands taylor swift and her fans better than we do.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 29, 2015 00:40

Hairball

Do you think Keith would care enough to watch a fax of the performance?
I find it real hard to picture him giving a sh1t, you know?
I mean: Since I don't, why would Keith? :E

Date: September 29, 2015 00:41

Mick knows that their parents (potential Stones fans) follow their kids to see Taylor Swift smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home