Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17
Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:22

Those who think Mick is pathetic are in fact pathetic.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:24

angee
rbagel, thanks for the report from the show!

This turn by them both was so much superior to their duo in Chicago, where some booing was going on, and rightly so, with the minuet during ATGB. As mentioned, this was Taylor's show, and also she had performed with Mick before and seemed very comfortable. The number exceeded my expectations, and calmed my fears.

Much more fun to watch, true, NL, rather than hear.

Yes brilliant, must of been a gas, who cares if they sounded terrible, the sound is not important is it. So long as they moved well together and got those pics together in the worlds media papers. woohoo job done !

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:28

sirdoug
Those who think Mick is pathetic are in fact pathetic.

those who think that those who think mick is pathetic are pathetic are in fact... well, you get the idea...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:32

All of these complaints just because Mick has done what he's been doin' his entire life - being onstage and having fun. I can only wonder what will happen when the Stones invite some people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or another teen act to play with them. Oh, wait! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:35

I hear Mick had such a great time that he is going to cover some of her songs.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:46

DeanGoodman
I hear Mick had such a great time that he is going to cover some of her songs.

LOL, You just love to poke the bear don't you Dean. btw: I have truly enjoyed the interviews on your web site, probably read all of them. Thanks.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:48

RipThisBone
Hairball
I'm not buying the 'turning on the youngsters to the Stones' scenario, and/or making their 'legacy stronger for future generations'.
Just look at the Beatles - they had apprx. seven short years as band, and will be played for eternity by the young and old alike.
The Stones don't need this type of hype because their legacy is pretty much already sealed in greatness - if anything this could possibly harm and degrade the legacy imo.
But if Mick feels the need to dilly dally around with a bunch of pop fluff, and he enjoyed himself doing it, than oh well...

The Beatles was a studioband after Hamburg.
THE ROLLING STONES are/were a LIVE band and a studioband from 1962...and Counting.
Pete Best, Paul McCartney and Ringo should rejoin. Does Ringo play bass?

Seems you missed the entire point of my post which has nothing to with whatever you've replied with - I think you're saying you prefer the Stones over the Beatles?
I wasn't starting a Stones/Beatles debate, or saying that one is better than the other. Maybe try reading it again...

Date: September 28, 2015 03:04

Naturalust

LOL, You just love to poke the bear don't you Dean. btw: I have truly enjoyed the interviews on your web site, probably read all of them. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words (here, and elsewhere).

Posted by: rbagel ()
Date: September 28, 2015 03:16

As I saw it.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 03:33

Good for Mick, doing what he wants to do, and doing it so well.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:09

I must be missing something, it says the 1989 World Tour on that clip ?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:09

I found Swift particularly non existant on stage and MJ great as usual. Makes me think somehow I wish he would a couple of solo shows before the next Stones tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:12

kowalski
I found Swift particularly non existant on stage and MJ great as usual. Makes me think somehow I wish he would a couple of solo shows before the next Stones tour.

With all due respect, you must be lacking a pulse. She is eye candy even if you don't like her singing.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:41

Naturalust
kowalski

With all due respect, you must be lacking a pulse. She is eye candy even if you don't like her singing.

Eye candy, maybe, but no stage presence.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:02

rbagel
As I saw it.

[www.youtube.com]

Looks like you had pretty good seats - thanks for sharing the clip!
Very nice introduction from her, but had to hit the stop button when the song began.
I already watched the entire performance once in the first video posted which was more than enough.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:04

Jagger is so incredible. He continues to maintain the label of best frontmen ever, even when playing with today's pop stars. Mick is incredible!

Date: September 28, 2015 05:23

Koen
I must be missing something, it says the 1989 World Tour on that clip ?

1989 = her new album = year of her birth. Just to make us feel old, she was born the day the Stones played Montreal on the Steel Wheels tour.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 08:15

Turner68
the reaction from taylor swift fans is actually very positive, i'm happy to say. i was kind of worried to read what they were going to say. mostly they're psyched that taylor was able to get such a legend to perform with her.

You was worried about what Taylor Swift fans were going to say? Are you a twelve year old girl?

He should get with Bieber and One direction while he's at it. It would be amazing! Just think of how it will trend on twitter! eye rolling smiley

There are some sappy b******s on this forum. thumbs down

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:17

angee

This turn by them both was so much superior to their duo in Chicago, where some booing was going on, and rightly so, with the minuet during ATGB. As mentioned, this was Taylor's show, and also she had performed with Mick before and seemed very comfortable. The number exceeded my expectations, and calmed my fears.

Seemingly Swift fans are more tolerant and open-minded than Stones fans... The older rock generations get, the more stubborn and purist-minded they seem to get...

But that said, a poster named "Nashville Now" offered a comment in that Nashville Scream site, which just made my daygrinning smiley:

Taylor Swift lowers herself beneath toilet level to duet with 1960s british knock-off faggo artists from the rockless britshit island. Another dumb sad attempt to revive Swifts failing and dead non-career. The public and the audience aren't listening, Swift, and your career is dead. Live with it!!

But yeah, she got the looks and he got the moves... Funny to watch.

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:19

strat72

He should get with Bieber and One direction while he's at it. It would be amazing! Just think of how it will trend on twitter! eye rolling smiley

Isn't One Direction more like Ronnie Wood's cup of tea?

- Doxa

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:20

I think Ronnie has first claim on One Direction.

Legacies are for the dead: life is for living. Good for Mick.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:29

I wasn't thrilled to hear about Mick singing with Swift, because I don't consider her talented musically. I guess it was a big PR success. But I have to say, looking at the faces of some of the kids along the catwalk, they seemed to be not in awe of, but more confused by, what they were seeing looking up at Mick.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2015 10:11

kowalski

Amazing how MJ outperformed her, i mean Taylor Swift has had so much more practice on that particular song lol Just got to admire MJ always taking risks with song choices

What i don't understand is why any one gives a hoot about what Taylor Swift fans think. Have i just gone into an alternate universe where MJ needs to get Taylor Swift fans on board with stones Fans. Thank god Mr Richards still has some integrity.

Another on here saying the way Jagger performed this song (Satisfaction), like he really owned it , well yes he does actually.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 10:13

Doxa
Seemingly Swift fans are more tolerant and open-minded than Stones fans... The older rock generations get, the more stubborn and purist-minded they seem to get... - Doxa

I don't think it has anything to do with how old someone is Doxa. It has to do with a particular persons musical taste. My son is 13, and he loves bands like The Black Keys, The Libertines etc etc. If any of his favourite acts were to get up on stage with the likes of 1D, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift he would be to embarrassed too go to school the next day, and I would let the poor boy have the day off.

He has nothing against the likes of Miley or Bieber, or their fans, each to their own and all that. He just thinks that their music is plastic, commercial, soulless shite, and that the bands he likes, should have nothing to do with that sort of music. I agree with him!

Doxa
Isn't One Direction more like Ronnie Wood's cup of tea?
- Doxa

Indeed, but everyone knows that Ronnie is a cheeky chappy, a bit of a joke that nobody takes to seriously, and we love him for it. Having said that, going on X Factor with the legends that are 1D was cringeworthy even by Ronnies standards.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 10:20 by strat72.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 10:39

Mick getting some Taylor swift gotta like that . What 72 yr old wouldn't want some of that?Mick still got it!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 28, 2015 10:43

I find this duet really embarassing. Mick please stop with this bs.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:05

liked it

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:09

When I first saw the title I thought it was about Mick Taylor...since he was in the news for playing with Mayall recently, hehe...

Nice vid rbagel, from a distance it's hard to believe there's a 46 year old gap between these two. Keep on rockin' Mick ! As for Taylor Swift she has to be the megastar with the least powerful voice ever ?

EDIT - not sure if it was posted before, this is a good video too [www.youtube.com] with closer views, Mick does look amazing if a bit "flat" as Naturlust pointed out .

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 11:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:43

stone4...4 a while maybe
Another on here saying the way Jagger performed this song (Satisfaction), like he really owned it,
well yes he does actually.

ABKCO owns it, actually.

Doxa
Taylor Swift lowers herself beneath toilet level to duet with 1960s british knock-off faggo artists

Tee hee! :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 11:49 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:51

Doxa
angee

Seemingly Swift fans are more tolerant and open-minded than Stones fans... The older rock generations get, the more stubborn and purist-minded they seem to get...

But that said, a poster named "Nashville Now" offered a comment in that Nashville Scream site, which just made my daygrinning smiley:

Taylor Swift lowers herself beneath toilet level to duet with 1960s british knock-off faggo artists from the rockless britshit island. Another dumb sad attempt to revive Swifts failing and dead non-career. The public and the audience aren't listening, Swift, and your career is dead. Live with it!!

But yeah, she got the looks and he got the moves... Funny to watch.

- Doxa

That is funny.

Her latest album, 1989, has sold nearly 9 million copies and is still in the top 10 after over 10 months.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home