Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17
Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Date: September 28, 2015 11:55

Turner68
Doxa
angee

This turn by them both was so much superior to their duo in Chicago, where some booing was going on, and rightly so, with the minuet during ATGB. As mentioned, this was Taylor's show, and also she had performed with Mick before and seemed very comfortable. The number exceeded my expectations, and calmed my fears.

Seemingly Swift fans are more tolerant and open-minded than Stones fans... The older rock generations get, the more stubborn and purist-minded they seem to get...

But that said, a poster named "Nashville Now" offered a comment in that Nashville Scream site, which just made my daygrinning smiley:

Taylor Swift lowers herself beneath toilet level to duet with 1960s british knock-off faggo artists from the rockless britshit island. Another dumb sad attempt to revive Swifts failing and dead non-career. The public and the audience aren't listening, Swift, and your career is dead. Live with it!!

But yeah, she got the looks and he got the moves... Funny to watch.

- Doxa

That is funny.

Her latest album, 1989, has sold nearly 9 million copies and is still in the top 10 after over 10 months.

Some «non-career»...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2015 13:42

Cristiano Radtke
All of these complaints just because Mick has done what he's been doin' his entire life - being onstage and having fun. I can only wonder what will happen when the Stones invite some people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or another teen act to play with them. Oh, wait! tongue sticking out smiley
. NO you wait. MJ invited all the guests you just mentioned. Can you seriously imagine KR inviting Lady Gaga lol

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 28, 2015 13:59

HAHHAH LOL

Apparently some "original" Stones fans were at the concert...

72 grandma, one of Mick's peers.

[time.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2015 14:05

Shit for a moment there I thought it was Joe Pesci !!!!!

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 14:11 by Rockman.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: September 28, 2015 14:21

Okay so that was fun, big deal... Mick got some nice exposure by outperforming/shining the nr. 1 artist in the world right now (whether you like that or not). What's not to like?

Now if SHE had been really smart, she would have gotten Mick AND Steven Tyler out on stage together with her, and song a mash up of Dude looks like a lady and Jumpin Jack Flash or something ;-)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 28, 2015 14:28

DeanGoodman
Koen
I must be missing something, it says the 1989 World Tour on that clip ?

1989 = her new album = year of her birth. Just to make us feel old, she was born the day the Stones played Montreal on the Steel Wheels tour.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 28, 2015 14:52

Taylor Swift traded bubblegum-country-pop for computer-generated plastic music on her album 1989. It´s a crying shame that such shit sells billions of copies.

And it´s a crying shame that Mick Jagger really thinks he could introduce himself to TS´s audiences by making a guest appearance that in fact is humilating for everyone who loves GOOD music. Heartfelt music. Handmade music. Music from crafted songwriters. Taylor Swift´s recent music is the total opposite of it. Shame on Mick, that at his age he feels the need to go on his knees and beg for the attention of youngsters younger than young... Could you imagine Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant etc etc doing this. No of course, because these are mature artists doing THEIR thing to THEIR audience. They dont give a damn what 10-year-old girls listen to on their phones and mp3-players. They make adult music for adults and leave the Teenie-stars to the teeny-boppers. There is different music for different audiences, like different books for different readers. It´s completely okay for a 10-year old to love Taylor Swift´s music. But Mick begging for attention of 10-year-olds is humilating and frustrating, espescially for Stones-fans. What Mick does is in some way disgusting and slimy. And more than that - he is making a fool of himself, it is so disappointing, humilating & cheap. Why did he do this - not to make sure, youngsters get to know the music of the Stones, no, I guess it was all about his EGO. If I do get banned now for critizise Mick and speaking my mind out, be it. But I am not obliged to applaude to every childish bullshit Mick Jagger does to please his youth-fixed ego. This guy is really getting annoying sometimes.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 28, 2015 15:01

HMS
Taylor Swift traded bubblegum-country-pop for computer-generated plastic music on her album 1989. It´s a crying shame that such shit sells billions of copies.

And it´s a crying shame that Mick Jagger really thinks he could introduce himself to TS´s audiences by making a guest appearance that in fact is humilating for everyone who loves GOOD music. Heartfelt music. Handmade music. Music from crafted songwriters. Taylor Swift´s recent music is the total opposite of it. Shame on Mick, that at his age he feels the need to go on his knees and beg for the attention of youngsters younger than young... Could you imagine Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant etc etc doing this. No of course, because these are mature artists doing THEIR thing to THEIR audience. They dont give a damn what 10-year-old girls listen to on their phones and mp3-players. They make adult music for adults and leave the Teenie-stars to the teeny-boppers. There is different music for different audiences, like different books for different readers. It´s completely okay for a 10-year old to love Taylor Swift´s music. But Mick begging for attention of 10-year-olds is humilating and frustrating, espescially for Stones-fans. What Mick does is in some way disgusting and slimy. And more than that - he is making a fool of himself, it is so disappointing, humilating & cheap. Why did he do this - not to make sure, youngsters get to know the music of the Stones, no, I guess it was all about his EGO. If I do get banned now for critizise Mick and speaking my mind out, be it. But I am not obliged to applaude to every childish bullshit Mick Jagger does to please his youth-fixed ego. This guy is really getting annoying sometimes.

You have the guts to say what many of us are thinking. I salute you.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 28, 2015 15:07

It's just Mick being Mick. The results of the next Stones album should be interesting, let the Keith-Mick battle begin…haha

Date: September 28, 2015 15:14

I see a Mick/Taylor duet on the next Stones album in the horizon...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 28, 2015 15:29

I think it is wrong for folks to bad mouth other's success. I think that the most important point is to use financial gains to help the less fortunate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 15:42 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 15:45

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
Doxa
angee

This turn by them both was so much superior to their duo in Chicago, where some booing was going on, and rightly so, with the minuet during ATGB. As mentioned, this was Taylor's show, and also she had performed with Mick before and seemed very comfortable. The number exceeded my expectations, and calmed my fears.

Seemingly Swift fans are more tolerant and open-minded than Stones fans... The older rock generations get, the more stubborn and purist-minded they seem to get...

But that said, a poster named "Nashville Now" offered a comment in that Nashville Scream site, which just made my daygrinning smiley:

Taylor Swift lowers herself beneath toilet level to duet with 1960s british knock-off faggo artists from the rockless britshit island. Another dumb sad attempt to revive Swifts failing and dead non-career. The public and the audience aren't listening, Swift, and your career is dead. Live with it!!

But yeah, she got the looks and he got the moves... Funny to watch.

- Doxa

That is funny.

Her latest album, 1989, has sold nearly 9 million copies and is still in the top 10 after over 10 months.

Some «non-career»...
Swift was almost single-handedly keeping the record industry afloat when she released 1989.

Again, I don't think she's much of a singer, but she's harmless and I actually liked a few songs off 1989. I won't apologize for it either. As Lemmy said, "There's only two types of music: music you like, and music you don't."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 28, 2015 16:03

DandelionPowderman
I see a Mick/Taylor duet on the next Stones album in the horizon...

Oh no DP..it's a nightmare.

Date: September 28, 2015 16:04

HMS

thumbs up You're right

Date: September 28, 2015 16:08

Maindefender
It's just Mick being Mick. The results of the next Stones album should be interesting, let the Keith-Mick battle begin…haha

I'm afraid of his home made solo demos for next Stones album.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 28, 2015 16:17

I don't give a **** about TS but MJ can do whatever he wants, if he feels comfortable about it.

Date: September 28, 2015 16:43

MartinB
I don't give a **** about TS but MJ can do whatever he wants, if he feels comfortable about it.

...and we can say that this is a useless and embarassing duet.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 28, 2015 16:46

Mick´s silly behaviour is ruinous for the reputation of a whole generation of mature musicians of his generation. The older he gets, the sillier gets his behaviour. A 72-years-old rocker performing to an audience that has come to hear TS´s plastic stuff, is just humiliating for musicians who take their business serious. It´s like Miley Cyrus performing at the opera house between two acts of "Rheingold",it is just inappropriate. Mick is getting more and more ridiculous, he should stop this, it is getting pathetic indeed. And almost pathological. If he was out on his own as a solo-artist, I wouldnt care, but he is still frontman of the worlds greatest RnR-band and his ridiculous actions are SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE to the Stones´s reputation. If Mick is getting ridiculous, in some way the Stones get ridiculous too, cause he is an essential and very important part of the Stones. This he should keep in mind, that isnt asked too much.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:05

HMS
Mick´s silly behaviour is ruinous for the reputation of a whole generation of mature musicians of his generation. The older he gets, the sillier gets his behaviour. A 72-years-old rocker performing to an audience that has come to hear TS´s plastic stuff, is just humiliating for musicians who take their business serious. It´s like Miley Cyrus performing at the opera house between two acts of "Rheingold",it is just inappropriate. Mick is getting more and more ridiculous, he should stop this, it is getting pathetic indeed. And almost pathological. If he was out on his own as a solo-artist, I wouldnt care, but he is still frontman of the worlds greatest RnR-band and his ridiculous actions are SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE to the Stones´s reputation. If Mick is getting ridiculous, in some way the Stones get ridiculous too, cause he is an essential and very important part of the Stones. This he should keep in mind, that isnt asked too much.

Good lawd.
Unclinch... It's called music business.
Mick is still building audiences. Always has and likely will until he drops.

Inviting the likes of TS to guest with the stones and then reciprocating is good business and entertaining. Lighten up, Sallies.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:08

I'm amazing how much anger this is generating. I must be mellowing out in my old age.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:08

HMS
Mick´s silly behaviour is ruinous for the reputation of ... The older he gets, the sillier ...
just humiliating for musicians who take their business serious.... it is just inappropriate. ...
getting more and more ridiculous, he should stop this, it is getting pathetic indeed. And almost pathological.
If he was out on his own as a solo-artist, I wouldnt care, but ... in some way the Stones get ridiculous too,
cause he is an essential and very important part of the Stones. This he should keep in mind, that isnt asked too much.

That's pretty much what outraged guardians of the legacy said when Keith made those pirate movies. And look what happened.
I hope you're mailing this directly to his management, dambit. Something should be done, dambitol.

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:26

with sssoul
HMS
Mick´s silly behaviour is ruinous for the reputation of ... The older he gets, the sillier ...
just humiliating for musicians who take their business serious.... it is just inappropriate. ...
getting more and more ridiculous, he should stop this, it is getting pathetic indeed. And almost pathological.
If he was out on his own as a solo-artist, I wouldnt care, but ... in some way the Stones get ridiculous too,
cause he is an essential and very important part of the Stones. This he should keep in mind, that isnt asked too much.

That's pretty much what outraged guardians of the legacy said when Keith made those pirate movies. And look what happened.
I hope you're mailing this directly to his management, dambit. Something should be done, dambitol.

I love the Rolling Stones

Oh, yes, remember that outcry!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:30

Librarian
HAHHAH LOL

Apparently some "original" Stones fans were at the concert...

72 grandma, one of Mick's peers.

[time.com]

Lol imagine sitting next to her at a real Stones show for two hours! eye popping smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:34

Ruinious for his reputation? It was one song on one night with a young, very popular entertainer. Not such a big deal, is it? Mick obviously enjoyed himself and, judging by that lady in Librarian's link, so did those in attendance. Mick's had a rough time of it in his personal life, which seems to have been forgotten by many. As far as I'm concerned, he can sing and dance on stage with whomever he chooses. This is a drop in the bucket as far as Stone's legacy is concerned.

Date: September 28, 2015 17:49

If and when the Stones come back to my neck of the woods, and I ask some of my younger friends (mid-'30's) if they want to go,
there reaction might be (in an angry snarling tone): "Aren't they the ones who sing with Taylor Swift"?

I'll then have to explain the situation while attempting to defend the Stones at the same time which won't be an easy task.
As much as some here think this actually helps the Stones, at the same time it can also be damaging.

I suppose there's more important things to ponder worry about - like the next Stones album and what direction it might take.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 18:05

Hairball
If and when the Stones come back to my neck of the woods, and I ask some of my younger friends (mid-'30's) if they want to go,
there reaction might be (in an angry snarling tone): "Aren't they the ones who sing with Taylor Swift"?

I'll then have to explain the situation while attempting to defend the Stones at the same time which won't be an easy task.
As much as some here think this actually helps the Stones, at the same time it can also be damaging.

I suppose there's more important things to ponder worry about - like the next Stones album and what direction it might take.

ah, but your point goes to the time-honored question of what sort of fans the stones are targeting.

your friends who react like that probably also wouldn't be happy just hearing the greatest hits, they'd probably want to hear some deep cuts, even if they aren't big stones fans.

mick, i believe, is targeting the tourists.
"step right up, slap 300-400 dollars down, and we'll serve you live versions of GRRR with a drink and fries on the side."

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: September 28, 2015 18:13

HMS

why so ....serious?

Date: September 28, 2015 18:25

latebloomer
Ruinious for his reputation? It was one song on one night with a young, very popular entertainer. Not such a big deal, is it? Mick obviously enjoyed himself and, judging by that lady in Librarian's link, so did those in attendance. Mick's had a rough time of it in his personal life, which seems to have been forgotten by many. As far as I'm concerned, he can sing and dance on stage with whomever he chooses. This is a drop in the bucket as far as Stone's legacy is concerned.

+1

Date: September 28, 2015 18:34

Turner68
Hairball

ah, but your point goes to the time-honored question of what sort of fans the stones are targeting.

your friends who react like that probably also wouldn't be happy just hearing the greatest hits, they'd probably want to hear some deep cuts, even if they aren't big stones fans.

mick, i believe, is targeting the tourists.
"step right up, slap 300-400 dollars down, and we'll serve you live versions of GRRR with a drink and fries on the side."

Well these particular friends I refer to could be labeled as 'very casual fans', and would probably be upset if it wasn't ALL warhorses.
They like the Stones, but being in their mid-30's it's not a band they grew up with. They don't have the same enthusiasm and fandom as most everyone on this site do,
so would probably be confused about any deep cuts interfering with the show. There limited knowledge (and what they like about the Stones)
goes as far as Hot Rocks - ie Gimme Shelter, Sympathy, Satisfaction, etc. The fact that they would ask "Aren't they the ones who sing with Taylor Swift"?
speaks volumes to the limitations of their Stones fandom, but of course I was exaggerating a little. smiling smiley

There's still the notion though of the Stones/Mick having any association with T. Swift that might have them confused and wondering about the integrity of the band....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 18:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 28, 2015 18:42

All I can see here is that Mick is much more open minded than a lot of his fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home