Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Mick in Nashville?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 01:19

keefriffhards
Turner68
keefriffhards
I'm fed up with other female singers too , like Beyonce and Rihanna

Where are the Bands these days ??

These bimbo's have taken over the industry

Beyonce is a great singer.

I know ten better ones and some of them write their own music and they will never get a hearing

I think I see your point now. If an established artist wanted to support a younger artist, it would make more sense for them to support an extremely talented but unknown artist who deserves more recognition, rather than simply appearing with the latest pop creation.
That makes sense to me, and actually I think the Stones have a good record of promoting up and coming artists - more in that past than now. But still I see your point.
I still think Mick is entitled to appear with whoever he wants. He isn't the one who made the music business the sleazy, shallow world it is. (Nor has it ever been any different, IMO.)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2015 01:20

Turner68
keefriffhards

A couple years ago there was a Reggae mix of Rihanna's Shine Bright Like a Diamond.
It was in heavy rotation on several radio stations in Hawaii at the time (the play ALOT of Reggae there), and it's quite catchy!

Rihanna - Diamonds (Official Reggae Mix)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 4, 2015 01:24

Turner68
keefriffhards
Turner68
keefriffhards

I know ten better ones and some of them write their own music and they will never get a hearing

I think I see your point now. If an established artist wanted to support a younger artist, it would make more sense for them to support an extremely talented but unknown artist who deserves more recognition, rather than simply appearing with the latest pop creation.
That makes sense to me, and actually I think the Stones have a good record of promoting up and coming artists - more in that past than now. But still I see your point.
I still think Mick is entitled to appear with whoever he wants. He isn't the one who made the music business the sleazy, shallow world it is. (Nor has it ever been any different, IMO.)

Absolutely Turner, they certainly did with Rolling Stones records
They did a lot for Reggae artists

Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2015 02:36

Beyonce is a great singer..... with even better legs...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 4, 2015 12:14

Hairball
Worst case scenario:

Just when this will probably forgotten by everyone (except for those who were there), and things are about to get back to normal,
the Mick/Swift collaboration will be included in her LIVE 1989 TOUR CD/DVD/album release - 'featuring legendary superstar Sir Mick Jagger'.
Deluxe edition bonus documentary featuring behind the scenes peak at Mick/Swift rehearsals!

drinking smiley

Oh my God, I dont even thought of that possibility. But now I do believe this will become bitter reality. Swift´s company knows there will be some Stones-fans buying that nonsense because it includes Mick Jagger singing Satisfaction. What a shame, Rolling-Stones-fans-money in the pocket of Taylor Swiftsad smileysad smileythumbs down

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2015 14:53

HMS
Hairball
Worst case scenario:

Just when this will probably forgotten by everyone (except for those who were there), and things are about to get back to normal,
the Mick/Swift collaboration will be included in her LIVE 1989 TOUR CD/DVD/album release - 'featuring legendary superstar Sir Mick Jagger'.
Deluxe edition bonus documentary featuring behind the scenes peak at Mick/Swift rehearsals!

drinking smiley

Oh my God, I dont even thought of that possibility. But now I do believe this will become bitter reality. Swift´s company knows there will be some Stones-fans buying that nonsense because it includes Mick Jagger singing Satisfaction. What a shame, Rolling-Stones-fans-money in the pocket of Taylor Swiftsad smileysad smileythumbs down

Completists - they'll buy anything. Probably a spare copy to keep sealed as well!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 15:01

I adore the band but no way I will be buying thiseye rolling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 13, 2015 21:45

Swift to release concert tour exclusively on Apple Music

By MESFIN FEKADU
Dec. 13, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - Taylor Swift is releasing a live concert special from her star-studded "1989 World Tour" exclusively on Apple Music.

The pop star announced Sunday, on her 26th birthday, that she will release the "The 1989 World Tour LIVE" on the streaming platform on Dec. 20. It will not be available for purchase, but it is free for streaming for Apple Music users.

The concert, directed by Jonas Akerlund, features Swift's performance in Sydney, Australia, at the ANZ Stadium, taped on Nov. 28. It will also include appearances from the many celebrities and musicians who surprised fans on the tour, from Justin Timberlake to Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant.

[bigstory.ap.org]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 13, 2015 22:04

bye bye johnny

It will also include appearances from the many celebrities and musicians who surprised fans on the tour, from Justin Timberlake to Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant.

I didn't know Kobe Bryant could sing. winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 13, 2015 23:34

mighty stork
bye bye johnny

It will also include appearances from the many celebrities and musicians who surprised fans on the tour, from Justin Timberlake to Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant.

I didn't know Kobe Bryant could sing. winking smiley

If Carl Malone and Dennis Rodman could wrestle, then why not?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 15, 2015 18:48

If true, it's kind of interesting how little advanced preparation went into some of the guest appearances.

[www.thespec.com]

Text from article:

Mick Jagger is part of Taylor Swift's squad

The 26-year-old singer and the 72-year-old Rolling Stones frontman have become good friends and when Taylor wanted Mick to join her on stage at her Nashville show in September, she simply texted him to ask rather than going through management.

She said: "My dad called me up and said a friend of his was in Nashville and saw Mick Jagger. I didn't know he was in town and I had a show the next day.

"So I texted Mick and said 'Hey are you in Nashville, do you want to come out and do the show?' and he texted back just saying 'Oh what will I wear?'

"I'm always shocked by Mick and his love for what he does. He was on vacation and he didn't have to do my show and he did, completely last minute."

Taylor also revealed that she and John Legend had just 35 minutes to rehearse their duet of his song 'All Of Me' before he joined her on stage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles in August.

She explained: "My friend Chrissy [Teigen] texted me to say she was on the way to the Staples Center to see the show so I asked if [her husband] John [Legend] was coming. She called and put me on the phone to him and he agreed to come on stage and we had 35 minutes to rehearse 'All Of Me'.

"This was an indication of those who love what they do, that they would come out and play for free on another artist's stage."

Meanwhile, Taylor recently wrapped her '1989' world tour and admitted being in charge had taken some time to adjust to but she believes she has finally figured it out.

Speaking to Zane Lowe in an interview with Apple's Beats 1, she said: "It's been years of figuring out the balance of being a boss. Certain things you pick up, like no one likes someone who screams, you actually lose power when you scream. Name calling and screaming is off limits. There's no point in ruining someone's day and it's just not effective."

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 16, 2015 00:50

mr_dja
If true, it's kind of interesting how little advanced preparation went into some of the guest appearances.

[www.thespec.com]

Text from article:

Mick Jagger is part of Taylor Swift's squad

The 26-year-old singer and the 72-year-old Rolling Stones frontman have become good friends and when Taylor wanted Mick to join her on stage at her Nashville show in September, she simply texted him to ask rather than going through management.

She said: "My dad called me up and said a friend of his was in Nashville and saw Mick Jagger. I didn't know he was in town and I had a show the next day.

"So I texted Mick and said 'Hey are you in Nashville, do you want to come out and do the show?' and he texted back just saying 'Oh what will I wear?'

"I'm always shocked by Mick and his love for what he does. He was on vacation and he didn't have to do my show and he did, completely last minute."

Taylor also revealed that she and John Legend had just 35 minutes to rehearse their duet of his song 'All Of Me' before he joined her on stage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles in August.

She explained: "My friend Chrissy [Teigen] texted me to say she was on the way to the Staples Center to see the show so I asked if [her husband] John [Legend] was coming. She called and put me on the phone to him and he agreed to come on stage and we had 35 minutes to rehearse 'All Of Me'.

"This was an indication of those who love what they do, that they would come out and play for free on another artist's stage."

Meanwhile, Taylor recently wrapped her '1989' world tour and admitted being in charge had taken some time to adjust to but she believes she has finally figured it out.

Speaking to Zane Lowe in an interview with Apple's Beats 1, she said: "It's been years of figuring out the balance of being a boss. Certain things you pick up, like no one likes someone who screams, you actually lose power when you scream. Name calling and screaming is off limits. There's no point in ruining someone's day and it's just not effective."

Peace,
Mr DJA

*I'm with Oprah. This chick's impressive.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2015 00:51

'Oh what will I wear?' ...... Ahhh that old one Micko ...HHHAAAAAAA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: December 30, 2015 13:29

bye bye johnny

By MESFIN FEKADU
Dec. 13, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - Taylor Swift is releasing a live concert special from her star-studded "1989 World Tour" exclusively on Apple Music.

The pop star announced Sunday, on her 26th birthday, that she will release the "The 1989 World Tour LIVE" on the streaming platform on Dec. 20. It will not be available for purchase, but it is free for streaming for Apple Music users.

The concert, directed by Jonas Akerlund, features Swift's performance in Sydney, Australia, at the ANZ Stadium, taped on Nov. 28. It will also include appearances from the many celebrities and musicians who surprised fans on the tour, from Justin Timberlake to Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant.

[bigstory.ap.org]

Did anyone with an Apple Music account already watched this film? It was released there on December 20.
What is the Mick Jagger-content in there? Just some backstage footage or their (complete?) Nashville Satisfaction-duet?

N

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 30, 2015 15:24

I´ve seen tracklists of the movie here and there and there is no mention of any Jagger-content. As far as I know it´s a concert from Sidney, Australia.

Date: December 30, 2015 16:41

HMS
I´ve seen tracklists of the movie here and there and there is no mention of any Jagger-content. As far as I know it´s a concert from Sidney, Australia.

I guess it's generally the Sydney-gig, added up with some footage of guest performers from other dates.

Check these trailers:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com] (at 0.25)

N

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 31, 2015 01:20

Here's the full video, Mick's part is around the 39 minutes mark:

[gostudioone.com]

Date: December 31, 2015 13:32

georgelicks
Here's the full video, Mick's part is around the 39 minutes mark:

[gostudioone.com]

Thanks a lot for the link!

Two minutes with Mick, including nice rehearsal footage.

N

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home