Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147Next
Current Page: 146 of 147
Re: Stones releases
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 22, 2016 21:32

Blues LP in December, originals LP next year sometime... maybe.

Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 30, 2016 09:09

georgelicks
Rollin92
According to a mate of mine who works for Eagle Rock, he has heard that rather than a 2cd album there will be two albums. The blues album will be out later this year, whereas the album of new material will be out spring next year.

Yesterday I saw my friend, the one that works on Universal, and he told me the same thing: the main idea now is to release the blues album on October to back on the US tour and wait until May/June of 2017 to release the new album, just in time for the European Tour. Two tours, two albums.
The Havana show will be released on November too.

You were right Rollin and GL.
thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 30, 2016 12:34

KRiffhard
georgelicks
Rollin92
According to a mate of mine who works for Eagle Rock, he has heard that rather than a 2cd album there will be two albums. The blues album will be out later this year, whereas the album of new material will be out spring next year.

Yesterday I saw my friend, the one that works on Universal, and he told me the same thing: the main idea now is to release the blues album on October to back on the US tour and wait until May/June of 2017 to release the new album, just in time for the European Tour. Two tours, two albums.
The Havana show will be released on November too.

You were right Rollin and GL.
thumbs up

Were??? confused smiley

Date: October 31, 2016 08:01

I don't understand. Should he've said 'You was right Rollin and GL'?

Date: October 31, 2016 12:49

GasLightStreet

thumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 31, 2016 14:40

GasLightStreet

As in that was the plan but no more........especially next year's plans.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 2, 2016 20:52

In the booklet of Blue & Lonesome you can see some picks that show the titles of possible new tracks.

Drive me too hard
Get out of my way

After that they switched to Blue & Lonesome.
Did anyone hear if they were back in the studio in the USA in late Oct or early Nov.? Think Mick mentioned it in one interview in Boston.

Date: December 2, 2016 21:26

henrik87
In the booklet of Blue & Lonesome you can see some picks that show the titles of possible new tracks.

Drive me too hard
Get out of my way

Did anyone hear if they were back in the studio in the USA in late Oct or early Nov.? Think Mick mentioned it in one interview in Boston.

[www.bbc.com]

"We'd gone in the studio to start cutting some new songs, around day three we just hit a wall... and Keith suggested that, to cleanse the creative palette, we played Blue and Lonesome, the Little Walter song"
Don Was

Maybe they 'hit a wall' during 'Get out of my way'!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 21:32 by KRiffhard.

Date: December 2, 2016 22:43

From The Guardian:

“In 2017 we’ll shape up these news songs – we’ve got some in the can and then there’s a lot more on the back burner.” Ronnie

From Uncut:

Q: Don Was told me that Mick‘s got 40 new songs.
“Being prolific dont mean shit“, replies Richards.I‘ve got three songs and they‘re dynamite. I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine.
I want to see the fallout from this record before I decide wheteher I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together. That‘s my thing. That‘s my ball there. I‘ve always got a few songs on the back burner and so does Mick - he writes a lot. I don‘t. I tend to concentrate on two or three"

From BBC:
"Both Keith and Mick have some great new songs. They're far from done." Don Was

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2016 01:09

Wishful thinking, the last time they really sat down together was 93 in Barbados for VL and we still got "solo" songs played by the band on the record and two "memorable" songs, both Keith's, LIS and YGMR.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-03 01:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 3, 2016 09:19

gotdablouse
Wishful thinking, the last time they really sat down together was 93 in Barbados for VL and we still got "solo" songs played by the band on the record and two "memorable" songs, both Keith's, LIS and YGMR.

Of course we won't get another Some Girls album next year but I think they did the right move to just release the blues tracks.

Instead of continuing work on the originals they could have released a new album with some covers, some new tracks they already completed and some outtakes like from Paris 2002 or Los Angeles 1997. But they did not and so I think we might get some good stuff next year.

Date: December 3, 2016 09:54

henrik87

Drive me too hard
Get out of my way

Hi Henrik,
take a look at this article (11/17/2016) [www.billboard.com]

Mick Jagger tells Billboard it could be a while, but it's on the docket. "I was working on it quite recently. We've got a long way to go, but I think it sounds really great and I'm looking forward to carrying on with that."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-03 09:59 by KRiffhard.

Date: December 3, 2016 11:03

henrik87
gotdablouse

Of course we won't get another Some Girls album next year but I think they did the right move to just release the blues tracks.

Instead of continuing work on the originals they could have released a new album with some covers, some new tracks they already completed and some outtakes like from Paris 2002 or Los Angeles 1997. But they did not and so I think we might get some good stuff next year.

"The Stones are discussing more shows next year, and they really do intend to work on that album of originals. "There's about 10 or 12 new songs that Mick actually has been cooking up," says Wood, "and Keith's got the odd one, too." Richards suggests that at least some of the songs might be unfinished compositions that date back 15 years or more.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 4, 2016 03:59

KRiffhard
henrik87
gotdablouse

"The Stones are discussing more shows next year, and they really do intend to work on that album of originals. "There's about 10 or 12 new songs that Mick actually has been cooking up," says Wood, "and Keith's got the odd one, too." Richards suggests that at least some of the songs might be unfinished compositions that date back 15 years or more.

[www.rollingstone.com]

At 75, Watts is the oldest band member, and also happens to have the most physically demanding job. Understandably, he struggles with back pain, according to Wood. It's unclear what the Rolling Stones would do without him, and that's a prospect Richards refuses to contemplate. "Charlie Watts will never die or retire," Richards says. "I forbid him to."

Let's hope CW can play a few more years.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 4, 2016 06:46

Probably everybody is talking about the harp playing. It's as if whole songs can follow Mick's vocal and harp and it's so natural. Mick is like a drum in places. Especially on 'All of Your Love.' This reminds of a great bootleg. I really like the way Mick is standing out. This is live, with the band gathered around microphone(s). However they explained that... What a great natural sound. Great job, Stones!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 4, 2016 19:28

...With very good sales of BAL are there many more possibility that next year a new album of originals will come out?!?

Date: December 4, 2016 22:23

mailexile67
...With very good sales of BAL are there many more possibility that next year a new album of originals will come out?!?

That's a good question.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 5, 2016 10:43

@Georgelicks

What do you think about it?!UMG and the band can be more incentivate next year...In December or so?!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2016 16:30

mailexile67

Good point, that's the studio version of the "warhorses" dilemma...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 6, 2017 14:11

mpj200
lem motlow
first off -this "blues record " is a figment of your imaginations.there was never any "blues cover record" or blues flavored album and there never will be so forget it.
the band do blues covers when they're working all the time.there are bootlegs of songs from almost every record that are straight blues,maybe one makes it to the record.

here's a qoute from the "ask keith" section of his website.

FAN:keith would you ever do a cover record of old blues songs?

KEITH: NO,because i love the blues but it's only a small part of what i do.

this producer or whatever is probably only working on one song,the commercial single.the days of the stones putting out another great blues based album are over.they don't have the chops at playing or writing,we've had 35 years to figure that out,it should've sunk in by now.

These blues songs were not recorded as warm up songs. Not that they will keep all of them but these are songs recorded for an album. And most of them are blues covers. 11 if I remember correctly.

April, 2016.
Mpj, you were right!
thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2017 19:01

mailexile67

Evidently Keith tried to get them all in a studio while in New York last month, but unfortunately it didn't happen for one reason or another. Getting them all in a studio any time soon seems doubtful, and the further time marches on the more it seems unlikely. Maybe they'll do something leading up to the rehearsals for the upcoming European tour in a few months, but as it stands they're sitting on Micks demos which led them nowhere as far as original tunes are concerned.
Mick doesn't want another Blues covers album - he wants to work on his demos, while Keith wants to collaborate like the old days.
The future is uncertain.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2017 19:11

Hairball

- he wants to work on his demos, while Keith wants to collaborate like the old days.

Only thing that seems to be certain is your disdain for Mick as evidenced by the near constant jabs and presumptive/false statements stated as fact.
Why?

Date: January 6, 2017 19:28

MisterDDDD
Hairball

- he wants to work on his demos, while Keith wants to collaborate like the old days.

Only thing that seems to be certain is your disdain for Mick as evidenced by the near constant jabs and presumptive/false statements stated as fact.
Why?

It's been stated as fact by mpj2000 - a friend of the band!

The real question is, why do you troll nearly every comment I make?
Like a hall monitor at school, or a teachers pet. It seems you spend more time attacking my posts vs. writing anything of substance!
Why?

Date: January 6, 2017 19:36

Hairball
mailexile67

Evidently Keith tried to get them all in a studio while in New York last month, but unfortunately it didn't happen for one reason or another. Getting them all in a studio any time soon seems doubtful, and the further time marches on the more it seems unlikely. Maybe they'll do something leading up to the rehearsals for the upcoming European tour in a few months, but as it stands they're sitting on Micks demos which led them nowhere as far as original tunes are concerned.
Mick doesn't want another Blues covers album - he wants to work on his demos, while Keith wants to collaborate like the old days.
The future is uncertain.

Isn't that weird? Mick said he wanted to do a new Stones album but... now it looks like it's gonna be another Jagger solo album with a Rolling Stones name like they've been since 1989.

Well, for the most part anyway.

(March-April 2015)

Mick: I don't know. It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years. I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so... I haven't (thought about making a solo album). I'd love to record a Stones album. If that doesn't happen, then yes. That's a truthful answer. I've got songs that would be great for the Stones, and I've got songs that wouldn't be perfect for the Stones...

I've been writing this week. I've written a lot of new songs lately, but we haven't recorded them yet. (They're about)just life in general, different subjects, personal things, social things.

[timeisonourside.com]

Date: January 6, 2017 19:46

GasLightStreet
Hairball
mailexile67

The future is uncertain.

Isn't that weird? Mick said he wanted to do a new Stones album but... now it looks like it's gonna be another Jagger solo album with a Rolling Stones name like they've been since 1989.

(March-April 2015)

Mick: I don't know. It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years. I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so... I haven't (thought about making a solo album). I'd love to record a Stones album. If that doesn't happen, then yes. That's a truthful answer. I've got songs that would be great for the Stones, and I've got songs that wouldn't be perfect for the Stones...

I've been writing this week. I've written a lot of new songs lately, but we haven't recorded them yet. (They're about)just life in general, different subjects, personal things, social things.

[timeisonourside.com]

Yes I remember reading that...and then they 'hit the wall'.
On the bright side, they recorded and leased Blue and Lonesome, but what happens next is anybody's guess. Ronnie recently said they might have to start from scratch insinuating Micks demos were leading nowhere.
Hopefully Mick will take his demos and work with Dave Stewart and/or that other guy Carl Falk...there's no room in the Stones catalogue for "songs that wouldn't be perfect for the Stones..." which seems to be the case with all of his demos.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 6, 2017 20:07

Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball
mailexile67

The future is uncertain.

(March-April 2015)

[timeisonourside.com]

Yes I remember reading that...and then they 'hit the wall'.
On the bright side, they recorded and leased Blue and Lonesome, but what happens next is anybody's guess. Ronnie recently said they might have to start from scratch insinuating Micks demos were leading nowhere.
Hopefully Mick will take his demos and work with Dave Stewart and/or that other guy Carl Falk...there's no room in the Stones catalogue for "songs that wouldn't be perfect for the Stones..." which seems to be the case with all of his demos.

Rather a bad Stones album than a good Jagger/Stewart one ;-)

Date: January 6, 2017 20:11

Hairball
Ronnie recently said they might have to start from scratch insinuating Micks demos were leading nowhere.

Oh how awful. What the world does not need is another horribly produced horrible sounding Jagger solo album.

Nor does the world need more bad Jagger solo Stones songs.

Why can't they just work together? It's too bad Mick didn't mellow out of the control freak that he is.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 6, 2017 20:17

I for one would very much like a new studio Rolling Stones album consisting to a great extent of Mick Jagger songs meant as songs for the band.

And I am sceptical to a CROSSEYED HEART formula for a possible Rolling Stones album. That for me would seem to lead to a VOODOO LOUNGE vol 2. It is no wish of mine.

I would gladly have an album going in a new direection. Then one vital question is: From where? From my point of view: Not from A BIGGER BANG, even if I like that album quite much. Preferably starting from BLUE AND LONESOME, that album's flavour and feel, if this is possible. Not to stay there, but from there, be taken as listener in a new direction. Hopefully receiving an album of the quality level of EMOTIONAL RECUE, but different from it.

Edits: I had forgotten to use capital letters for an album title.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 23:11 by Witness.

Date: January 6, 2017 20:38

GasLightStreet
Hairball
Ronnie recently said they might have to start from scratch insinuating Micks demos were leading nowhere.

Oh how awful. What the world does not need is another horribly produced horrible sounding Jagger solo album.

Nor does the world need more bad Jagger solo Stones songs.

Why can't they just work together? It's too bad Mick didn't mellow out of the control freak that he is

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: January 6, 2017 20:50

I get what you mean about CROSSEYED HEART. However I think what people mean by saying that is, since they're taking so long to do an album, why not have the focus that Keith had with his.

As in, a couple or few songs a month or every other month. Actually work on the damn things.

A new direction. What in the hell could that possibly be? From where is probably moot: they've been playing the same songs for 5 years now or however long it's been. Although technically it would be the follow up to A BIGGER BANG, it sure won't have any relation in context to it like how EMOTIONAL RESCUE did to SOME GIRLS.

And if the new direction is what has been hinted at with that producer, they've already been down the (lame ass) road of being current with the complete rubbish that made it on to BRIDGES with Might As Well Get Juiced and, production wise, Anybody Seen My Baby and even Saint Of Me - those tunes having the modernidity did zero for those songs; it was completely irrelevant.
So what if they recorded Charlie and then looped him on Saint Of Me.

Here's something familiar:

I had a lot of songs that I was just writing last autumn (1996) and I had thought, you know, I was gonna do a solo record and there wasn't really talk about doing a Stones record, so I was just writing songs really. I mean, I was having a really nice time doing it. And I did write a lot all around the world but I was just sitting there doing these songs and I... So when we had sort of decided that we were going to do a Stones record, I thought, well I'd just pick the songs that I think... that would suit - and there were lots of others that perhaps didn't suit. And so I had an awful lot prepared, so I had those and so when Keith and I got together, I played him some of them, familiarized him and then we went on and wrote a bunch of other stuff. Some of which appears (on the album), some of which doesn't.
- Mick Jagger, 1997

I don't know. It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years. I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so... I haven't (thought about making a solo album). I'd love to record a Stones album. If that doesn't happen, then yes. That's a truthful answer. I've got songs that would be great for the Stones, and I've got songs that wouldn't be perfect for the Stones...

- Mick Jagger, 2015

[timeisonourside.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147Next
Current Page: 146 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home