Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...133134135136137138139140141142143...LastNext
Current Page: 138 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 21, 2016 12:16

I think that if they decide touring Europe next may/June, new stuff is "necessary" for their pride and "reputation"...Time will tell!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:28

First there will be a new studio album of blues cover songs due out in the first days of December 2016. Then the plan is to release a whole new studio album with Stones original compositions next summer and tour Norway for some weeks, so that I don't have to travel much. That is the plan.

Bjornulf

Date: September 21, 2016 17:54

bv
First there will be a new studio album of blues cover songs due out in the first days of December 2016. Then the plan is to release a whole new studio album with Stones original compositions next summer and tour Norway for some weeks, so that I don't have to travel much. That is the plan.

grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2016 18:05

IanBillen
Woz
IanBillen
exhpart
IanBillen
Deltics
IanBillen
I have absolutely no idea where this Vegas show fits in or what it's purpose is.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ker-ching!

A single concert will not produce enough to entice The Rolling Stones... not at this point and time anyway. One concert will not gross them a load of cash. If anything.. it will be hard to pull in much profit being as it is merely one show .. they will get 200-300K a piece (per gig) ... and then that is it. That is not worth their trouble as far as it being a money making jaunt... it's only a show ir two

More like a million each Ian. And x 4 (2 x Desert Trip 2 x Vegas)

Well they do not make a million a show a piece (....especially for arena shows) do they?? I am thinking Maybe $350,000 a piece .. (tops) not a million a piece...especially for arena shows?

The four principals easily get a million each. Do the math on Vegas.....if you sell 14,000 seats at an average of $500 a piece, the gate is $9,000,000.....most of that is gong to the Stones. Then there is the merch.....a lot of money in everything from concessions to T-shirts....

I remember during the Licks tour (which was like 15 years ago) .. I read a report that they were getting $225,000 a show a piece. I figured they may /must be scooping an extra 100K added to that by now is how I came up with my figure.

I am not convinced they actually pull a million a piece a show. I don't think anyone ever has come close to that amount per show on a grand scale tour.

This is OT considering the thread is about the blues album in a few months but I did get curious and looked it up and found this:

Money is money, Dorenfeld says, noting that bands as big as the Stones command supremely high margins on splits with concert promoters and bookers because of the guaranteed interest they draw.

They're getting more than 60% is my guess (of a show's gross revenues). If the show made $3 million, that's $1.8 million, not counting merch — you walk away with that also. They're unique — all the ones like them are unique — the deals are much tighter because the revenue from everything else is much greater.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Addressing rumors that the four Stones members would each make a million dollars per show, Richards says, “I haven’t looked at the figures. Numbers can get greatly exaggerated but £16 million ($25.8 million) sounds about right to us.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 21, 2016 18:19

In addition to concert proceeds, I suspect their endorsement contracts are contingent on them doing some shows to keep in the news.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 21, 2016 19:21

bv

Good to know BV. I'm looking at 10 best places to visit in Norway, man your country is absolutely beautiful. They should use Norway as the main European base next summer….thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2016 21:34

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 21, 2016 22:46

That article makes it sound like 2017 will see the release of the album of blues covers and that's about it?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 21, 2016 23:00

DandelionPowderman
bv

grinning smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Sounds a bit ironical to me. And why tour Norway instead of The Old Shores Of Great Brittain, The HomeTurf Tour 2017.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 21, 2016 23:17

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
Woz
IanBillen
exhpart
IanBillen
Deltics
IanBillen
I have absolutely no idea where this Vegas show fits in or what it's purpose is.

A single concert will not produce enough to entice The Rolling Stones... not at this point and time anyway. One concert will not gross them a load of cash. If anything.. it will be hard to pull in much profit being as it is merely one show .. they will get 200-300K a piece (per gig) ... and then that is it. That is not worth their trouble as far as it being a money making jaunt... it's only a show ir two

Well they do not make a million a show a piece (....especially for arena shows) do they?? I am thinking Maybe $350,000 a piece .. (tops) not a million a piece...especially for arena shows?

The four principals easily get a million each. Do the math on Vegas.....if you sell 14,000 seats at an average of $500 a piece, the gate is $9,000,000.....most of that is gong to the Stones. Then there is the merch.....a lot of money in everything from concessions to T-shirts....

I remember during the Licks tour (which was like 15 years ago) .. I read a report that they were getting $225,000 a show a piece. I figured they may /must be scooping an extra 100K added to that by now is how I came up with my figure.

I am not convinced they actually pull a million a piece a show. I don't think anyone ever has come close to that amount per show on a grand scale tour.

This is OT considering the thread is about the blues album in a few months but I did get curious and looked it up and found this:

Money is money, Dorenfeld says, noting that bands as big as the Stones command supremely high margins on splits with concert promoters and bookers because of the guaranteed interest they draw.

They're getting more than 60% is my guess (of a show's gross revenues). If the show made $3 million, that's $1.8 million, not counting merch — you walk away with that also. They're unique — all the ones like them are unique — the deals are much tighter because the revenue from everything else is much greater.

Addressing rumors that the four Stones members would each make a million dollars per show, Richards says, “I haven’t looked at the figures. Numbers can get greatly exaggerated but £16 million ($25.8 million) sounds about right to us.

$26 million for four shows sounds high to me. Say Vegas seats 15,000 - if they sell out the place that's probably $8 million in box office gross (assuming an average of $500+ per ticket). In that case I would think that the Stones' guarantee might be closer to $4 to $5 million per show. From that total you need to deduct expenses (musicians, employees, staging, transportation, legal, etc). Unless sponsorships cover those expenses, that wouldn't leave $1 million per Stone.

Date: September 21, 2016 23:36

Gaetzi
That article makes it sound like 2017 will see the release of the album of blues covers and that's about it?

We (BV) know more than RS, just nice to see some mention. Early December it is…..

Date: September 22, 2016 00:33

Tour of Norway 2017

- Arendal
- Sarpsborg
- Bodo
- Skien
- Sandnes
- Drammen
- Tromso
- Stavanger
- Trondheim
- Fredrikstad
- Kristiansand
- Bergen
- Oslo x 2

grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 22, 2016 00:48

mailexile67
Tour of Norway 2017

- Arendal
- Sarpsborg
- Bodo
- Skien
- Sandnes
- Drammen
- Tromso
- Stavanger
- Trondheim
- Fredrikstad
- Kristiansand
- Bergen
- Oslo x 2

grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No Ålesund-gig this time?? winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 00:57

Poor ticket request...smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 22, 2016 07:05

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
Woz
IanBillen
exhpart
IanBillen
Deltics
IanBillen

A quick side note before getting back on topic:

Love your research and I appreciate it.. (good stuff). Still .. with even that posted I am still sort of disagreeing a bit ...

25.8 million divided by 16 shows (Zip Code Tour) = 1.6 million .. divided by 4 (4 Rolling Stones) = 400,000. That is not a million dollars a piece.. that is 400,000 a piece (not exactly peanuts for a nights work grinning smiley ... but still it isn't a million bucks per member a show).

I do not believe anybody makes a million a show on a larger scale tour / .. 15-30 city tour ..

Not sure about Merchandise.. but normally the band itself gets fairly little of those dollars generated.

The Album:

I wonder how The Blues album will be? I wonder if it will be simply The Stones doing general / generic sounding covers? OR will The blues album have it's own sort of vibe and a certain unique way it runs and is put together.. ?

As far as the new studio album ..

I wonder how far along they are on it? Will they work on it into next year? Is there a need to work on it into next year...?

One thing is for certain .. this is the first Stones album in decades.. probably dating back to the 70's .. in which they are taking their sweet old time with no deadline ahead.. no impending tour... and no specific time criteria to be dealt with. It will be finished when it is finished .. not when it HAS to be finished.

They can and have worked on this at their leisure.. as THEY choose and when they choose.. hopefully that will only add more quality to the product.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-22 07:12 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 22, 2016 08:57

Except that interview with Keith regarding the $25.8M was before the 5 show 2012 50th anniversary shows. I maintain the core four Stones are earning $1.0M per show. Again, using Vegas as a reference the gate is $9.0m before merch. I suspect the core band makes between $1.0m and $1.5m per show. They are getting $7.0M for Desert trip.....that's published.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 22, 2016 10:18

bv

>grinning smiley<

Top of the morning to ya, BV. smoking smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 17:26

Woz
Except that interview with Keith regarding the $25.8M was before the 5 show 2012 50th anniversary shows. I maintain the core four Stones are earning $1.0M per show. Again, using Vegas as a reference the gate is $9.0m before merch. I suspect the core band makes between $1.0m and $1.5m per show. They are getting $7.0M for Desert trip.....that's published.

Ahhhh I see. It was pertaining to the 50 and counting set? I suppose you may be right .. Are you certain it wasn't after they extended the tour to propose more shows?

The Desert Trip is a 'special event'. The Stones could earn that if they chose to play special events in which tons of cash goes into publicizing one or two or three shows. That isn't a larger scale tour that I was talking about.

However I am beginning to think their salary has tripled since 2002-2003 tour... so you could be right.

Now the album .... the new studio album (not the blues .. that is obviously finished) .. I wonder how far along they are on one?

Ian

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 22, 2016 19:22

IanBillen
Woz

Ahhhh I see. It was pertaining to the 50 and counting set? I suppose you may be right .. Are you certain it wasn't after they extended the tour to propose more shows?

The Desert Trip is a 'special event'. The Stones could earn that if they chose to play special events in which tons of cash goes into publicizing one or two or three shows. That isn't a larger scale tour that I was talking about.

However I am beginning to think their salary has tripled since 2002-2003 tour... so you could be right.

Now the album .... the new studio album (not the blues .. that is obviously finished) .. I wonder how far along they are on one?

Ian

I hope that they are playing the new songs in rehearsal so as to perfect them for the record.

Date: September 23, 2016 02:18

Woz
IanBillen
Woz

Ian

I hope that they are playing the new songs in rehearsal so as to perfect them for the record.

I know.. but I sort of doubt they will be. Not to be disagreeing at every turn .. but they seem to sort of stick to the task at hand..

However you may have a point in this wish ... this time is indeed different than in decades in terms of an album recording time line. Seems as if they are taking their time .. and who knows.. they may start kicking around a few song ideas or tying a few loose ends to some song ideas in there this time?

I know one thing.. they will have had PLeeeeeeeenty of time to get this album right.. and at the pace and time intervals they choose .. so it ..betta be dayyamn good!.. ha

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 02:20 by IanBillen.

Date: September 23, 2016 18:47

drbryant
$26 million for four shows sounds high to me. Say Vegas seats 15,000 - if they sell out the place that's probably $8 million in box office gross (assuming an average of $500+ per ticket). In that case I would think that the Stones' guarantee might be closer to $4 to $5 million per show. From that total you need to deduct expenses (musicians, employees, staging, transportation, legal, etc). Unless sponsorships cover those expenses, that wouldn't leave $1 million per Stone.

That article is not about the 2016 fall mini-tour.

Date: September 23, 2016 18:53

IanBillen
GasLightStreet

Love your research and I appreciate it.. (good stuff). Still .. with even that posted I am still sort of disagreeing a bit ...

25.8 million divided by 16 shows (Zip Code Tour) = 1.6 million .. divided by 4 (4 Rolling Stones) = 400,000. That is not a million dollars a piece.. that is 400,000 a piece (not exactly peanuts for a nights work grinning smiley ... but still it isn't a million bucks per member a show).

I do not believe anybody makes a million a show on a larger scale tour / .. 15-30 city tour ..

That was about the 2012 shows, not the 2016 shows. It gives an idea at how much they could make these days.

IanBillen
The Album:

I wonder how The Blues album will be? I wonder if it will be simply The Stones doing general / generic sounding covers? OR will The blues album have it's own sort of vibe and a certain unique way it runs and is put together.. ?

I wonder how far along they are on it? Will they work on it into next year? Is there a need to work on it into next year...?

One thing is for certain .. this is the first Stones album in decades.. probably dating back to the 70's .. in which they are taking their sweet old time with no deadline ahead.. no impending tour... and no specific time criteria to be dealt with. It will be finished when it is finished .. not when it HAS to be finished.

They can and have worked on this at their leisure.. as THEY choose and when they choose.. hopefully that will only add more quality to the product.

There's nothing to wonder about the blues album. It will be a blues album. Gazillions of artists and bands have done blues and blues albums. There's nothing special about it, it's not going to sound like EXILE or the Star Wars soundtrack, it's just the Stones doing a blues album.

New studio album ie original Stones songs: I'm a bit amiss about it but as I recall there's really nothing to hint at them having recorded a new album of original songs yet, only that they started to work on one and will continue to work on it this fall. Or something like that.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 23, 2016 20:23

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
GasLightStreet

Odd, awhile back Ron Wood said something to the press that sort of hinted that the new originals album was pretty much done. Keith said something similar. Now it seems not to be the case...

That was about the 2012 shows, not the 2016 shows. It gives an idea at how much they could make these days.

IanBillen
The Album:

There's nothing to wonder about the blues album. It will be a blues album. Gazillions of artists and bands have done blues and blues albums. There's nothing special about it, it's not going to sound like EXILE or the Star Wars soundtrack, it's just the Stones doing a blues album.

New studio album ie original Stones songs: I'm a bit amiss about it but as I recall there's really nothing to hint at them having recorded a new album of original songs yet, only that they started to work on one and will continue to work on it this fall. Or something like that.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 23, 2016 21:18

bv

Will they play the Hammerfest Odeon?

Date: September 24, 2016 06:42

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
GasLightStreet

IanBillen
The Album:

Well I sort of disagree... take for example Stripped .. it was to be an acoustic album .. it was.. but it had a unique sort of way to it... even had a live song.

Not saying it will be something we have never heard anything like before in terms of the sound .. I am just saying it may have it's own way of taking the listener on sort of an up and down ride.. as stripped kinda sorta did. That is what an album should do .. as opposed to it sounding simply like a collection of songs thrown together with no real structure or spin. Perhaps the production will be a tad different as well ... hmmmm? That is all I was wondering.

I simply do not want a collection of generic Stones blues numbers is what I was saying.

As far as the new album work progress is concerned supposedly they have been working on it off and on since December of last year ... In April.. In June..possibly into July ... and hopefully they will get back to it in the fall following their live shows ...

Some have reported here that they heard it was mostly finished .. but I must say.. we simply cannot go by that. People say many things.. and people hear many things.. 80% turns out to be hog-wash when it is all said and done.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2016 07:21

IanBillen
80% turns out to be hog-wash when it is all said and done.

Hate to say it, but that statement probably describes how new the album of originals is going to turn out.
Hoping I'm wrong...would be happy with 50% hog-wash and 50% quality.

Date: September 24, 2016 18:00

IanBillen
I simply do not want a collection of generic Stones blues numbers is what I was saying.

What do you mean by generic Stones blues numbers? Here are some Stones blues songs - which ones are generic? Any?

Wish I'd Never Met You
Back Of My Hand
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
I'm Not Signifying
Stop Breaking Down
Parachute Woman
Down In The Hole
The Storm
When You're Gone
Some People Tell Me
Brand New Car
Jump On Top Of Me
Break The Spell
Hide Your Love
You Gotta Move
Prodigal Son
Love In Vain

Would you or do you consider Clapton's BLUES and ME & MR JOHNSON generic blues?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 24, 2016 19:14

GasLightStreet
IanBillen

What do you mean by generic Stones blues numbers? Here are some Stones blues songs - which ones are generic? Any?

Wish I'd Never Met You
Back Of My Hand
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
I'm Not Signifying
Stop Breaking Down
Parachute Woman
Down In The Hole
The Storm
When You're Gone
Some People Tell Me
Brand New Car
Jump On Top Of Me
Break The Spell
Hide Your Love
You Gotta Move
Prodigal Son
Love In Vain

Boring blues album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-24 19:15 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 24, 2016 21:47

GasLightStreet
IanBillen

Wish I'd Never Met You
Back Of My Hand
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
I'm Not Signifying
Stop Breaking Down
Parachute Woman
Down In The Hole
The Storm
When You're Gone
Some People Tell Me
Brand New Car
Jump On Top Of Me
Break The Spell
Hide Your Love
You Gotta Move
Prodigal Son
Love In Vain

Me & Mr Johnson was a dull and dissapointing record. Boring as hell.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 25, 2016 02:40

mr edward
GasLightStreet
IanBillen

Wish I'd Never Met You
Back Of My Hand
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
I'm Not Signifying
Stop Breaking Down
Parachute Woman
Down In The Hole
The Storm
When You're Gone
Some People Tell Me
Brand New Car
Jump On Top Of Me
Break The Spell
Hide Your Love
You Gotta Move
Prodigal Son
Love In Vain

Me & Mr Johnson was a dull and dissapointing record. Boring as hell.

KEEP UP BLUES (Some People Tell Me) beats the sh*t out of EC's blueszzzzz....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...133134135136137138139140141142143...LastNext
Current Page: 138 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home