Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142...LastNext
Current Page: 137 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 11, 2016 13:53

Deltics
IanBillen
I have absolutely no idea where this Vegas show fits in or what it's purpose is.
Ian
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ker-ching!

VIP / Corporate concert for the wealthy ones. Concert with a glass of Prosecco / Champagne and taking pictures / selfies with cell-phones. The same with Las Vegas. It is not for the real audience / fans anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-11 13:54 by mtaylor.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 11, 2016 16:55

mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
I have absolutely no idea where this Vegas show fits in or what it's purpose is.
Ian

VIP / Corporate concert for the wealthy ones. Concert with a glass of Prosecco / Champagne and taking pictures / selfies with cell-phones. The same with Las Vegas. It is not for the real audience / fans anymore.

A single concert will not produce enough to entice The Rolling Stones... not at this point and time anyway. One concert will not gross them a load of cash. If anything.. it will be hard to pull in much profit being as it is merely one show .. they will get 200-300K a piece (per gig) ... and then that is it. That is not worth their trouble as far as it being a money making jaunt... it's only a show ir two .. .. ...

As was said here.. I think it is simply to satisfy the media outlets and corporate figures .. Probably a boat load of special tickets and VIP packages going out to those type of folks.

Has to be more in keeping 'in good' with the media outlets and corporate partners or potential corporate partners for any upcoming projects such as (New Studio Album .. New Blues Album).

Ian

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 13, 2016 00:10

hahaha and to pay for nappies too and child minders they in usa might as well play 2 concerts and make some money.WHAT CAN A PPOR BOY DO.

Date: September 13, 2016 13:42

I feel that this year not to publish any album ......sad smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 13, 2016 15:34

buenosairesstones
I feel that this year not to publish any album ......sad smiley

Hopefully we find out some new album details from Mick/Keith during the mini tour. winking smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 14, 2016 07:58

Anybody know when the single is being released?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 14, 2016 09:08

Socrates1
Anybody know when the single is being released?

somewhere at the start of november, i think.
Jeroen

ps.. and it will shudder the universe.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 14, 2016 19:31

IanBillen
mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
Ian

A single concert will not produce enough to entice The Rolling Stones... not at this point and time anyway. One concert will not gross them a load of cash. If anything.. it will be hard to pull in much profit being as it is merely one show .. they will get 200-300K a piece (per gig) ... and then that is it. That is not worth their trouble as far as it being a money making jaunt... it's only a show ir two .. .. ...

As was said here.. I think it is simply to satisfy the media outlets and corporate figures .. Probably a boat load of special tickets and VIP packages going out to those type of folks.

Has to be more in keeping 'in good' with the media outlets and corporate partners or potential corporate partners for any upcoming projects such as (New Studio Album .. New Blues Album).

Ian

More like a million each Ian. And x 4 (2 x Desert Trip 2 x Vegas)

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 14, 2016 19:31

IanBillen
mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
Ian

Ian

Re: grinning smileyRe: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2016 01:22

Spud
quote=matxil]
Yes, lets. Or an ABBA cover album. "Does You Mother Know" has a definite I/IV chord sequence that begs to be played in open G.

There's silly ...
...and then there's silly grinning smiley[/quote]

I think they'd have another #1 single on their hands...their first since Miss You!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 15, 2016 11:07

treaclefingers
Spud
matxil
Yes, lets. Or an ABBA cover album. "Does You Mother Know" has a definite I/IV chord sequence that begs to be played in open G.

There's silly ...
...and then there's silly grinning smiley

I think they'd have another #1 single on their hands...their first since Miss You!

They once did a cover of a Beatles song (I don't know if it became a #1, but it had some success at least), so the idea is not that far fetched. In principle, you can take almost any moderately decent pop-song and turn it upside down and make it work.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 15, 2016 16:43

In maybe 7 weeks time, we will know more about the blues album. Great !!!
jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 17, 2016 01:31

Just in time for the xmas season... why bother. They should just release 2 LPs in 2017, do some shows and then we know what's next: retirement.

Date: September 17, 2016 04:04

exhpart
IanBillen
mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
Ian

Ian

Well they do not make a million a show a piece (....especially for arena shows) do they?? I am thinking Maybe $350,000 a piece .. (tops) not a million a piece...especially for arena shows?

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 04:05 by IanBillen.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 17, 2016 04:57

“I’m really looking forward to people hearing the blues album. It’s coming shortly, yeah, it’ll be in the next couple of months.”

Ronnie Wood - Toronto, 9/16

[www.thewhig.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 17, 2016 05:41

IanBillen
exhpart
IanBillen
mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
Ian

Ian

Well they do not make a million a show a piece (....especially for arena shows) do they?? I am thinking Maybe $350,000 a piece .. (tops) not a million a piece...especially for arena shows?

Ian

The four principals easily get a million each. Do the math on Vegas.....if you sell 14,000 seats at an average of $500 a piece, the gate is $9,000,000.....most of that is gong to the Stones. Then there is the merch.....a lot of money in everything from concessions to T-shirts....

Date: September 17, 2016 08:35

Woz
IanBillen
exhpart
IanBillen
mtaylor
Deltics
IanBillen
Ian

Ian

Ian

The four principals easily get a million each. Do the math on Vegas.....if you sell 14,000 seats at an average of $500 a piece, the gate is $9,000,000.....most of that is gong to the Stones. Then there is the merch.....a lot of money in everything from concessions to T-shirts....

I remember during the Licks tour (which was like 15 years ago) .. I read a report that they were getting $225,000 a show a piece. I figured they may /must be scooping an extra 100K added to that by now is how I came up with my figure.

I am not convinced they actually pull a million a piece a show. I don't think anyone ever has come close to that amount per show on a grand scale tour.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 08:53

So, Ronnie confirming the blues album for the next few months is a good sign.
BV, can you share any additional info on what we can expect? Will it be a multiple format release or an exclusive streaming thing like U2 did few years ago?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 17, 2016 09:49

The question is if the promotor (who buys the tour/shows) will get his money back
by selling enough tickets. The Stones easily earn more than a million - each.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 12:15

TooTough
The question is if the promotor (who buys the tour/shows) will get his money back
by selling enough tickets. The Stones easily earn more than a million - each.

We have seen this problem in Europe before. Remember the promotor German Tours in 1995 or the Euro Tour 2007 were almost no show was sold out?

But we should stay on topic regarding the new album(s).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 12:16 by henrik87.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 17, 2016 20:37

I'd imagine the upcoming rehearsals for he mini-tour will have the band working on their new material for next year's release....

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 22:54

me too...I don'think that they must play sympathy,Jack Flash or Brown sugar...

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2016 01:00

mailexile67

We all have our favorites. As one who has heard all the warhorses several times, I could do without some of them. I used to think JJF had to be in every show, but since they came back in 2012 it seems to have lost a lot of it's ooomph and aggression. I'm resigned to the fact that they're catering to the masses who expect to hear all the hits.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: September 20, 2016 12:37

Keith said in July:"we're in the studio just now and we'll come back in the fall..."...Does anybody here knows if they'll come back in the studio to finish new album after or during mini-Tour?!?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 20, 2016 13:34

HonkeyTonkFlash
mailexile67

We all have our favorites. As one who has heard all the warhorses several times, I could do without some of them. I used to think JJF had to be in every show, but since they came back in 2012 it seems to have lost a lot of it's ooomph and aggression. I'm resigned to the fact that they're catering to the masses who expect to hear all the hits.

I love JJF in the opening slot, the Sandy benefit version btw was smoking hot. I realize it was a very short set but it was fantastic.

Date: September 20, 2016 18:21

@Georgelicks

Are there any rumors or scheduled month about the possible new studio album issue?!?Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:36

Would be nice to hear at least a snippet of something the from new album.
Keith intentionally leaked out a few tunes in their entirety from Crosseyed Heart in the weeks leading up to the official release giving people something to chew on.
Then there was the pre-release private listening party filled with critics, etc....descriptions of what was on the album started making the rounds.
Would be nice to have at least a hint of what's to come from the Stones, other than it's a blues album and Ronnie blabbing about how great it is.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 21, 2016 10:46

Hairball
Would be nice to hear at least a snippet of something the from new album.
Keith intentionally leaked out a few tunes in their entirety from Crosseyed Heart in the weeks leading up to the official release giving people something to chew on.
Then there was the pre-release private listening party filled with critics, etc....descriptions of what was on the album started making the rounds.
Would be nice to have at least a hint of what's to come from the Stones, other than it's a blues album and Ronnie blabbing about how great it is.

What "new album" ? There is no "new album", the "thing" they talked up to drum up interest when Exhibitionism got launched sounds just like 2002 when they drummed up interest in Licks, their first "oldies" tour, by saying they'd written their "best music in years" (true for the last 5 at the time). There might be a new album if they struggle to sell whatever few dates they've lined up in 2016.

It seems they even fooled UMG since Georgelicks mentioned they'd been told to get ready to push some product in the fall...and then that got called off.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 21, 2016 11:41

...So no new album is on the way!?!Why have been they in the studio in December last year, then in April and in June again only to record the Blues tracks?!?I'm a little bit confused...

Date: September 21, 2016 12:07

mailexile67
...So no new album is on the way!?!Why have been they in the studio in December last year, then in April and in June again only to record the Blues tracks?!?I'm a little bit confused...

Time will tell who's right: The Stones or gotdablouse.

I'd say that they wanted to milk the last tour a bit before they release the blues album - hence ole ole ole and havana moon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142...LastNext
Current Page: 137 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home