Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 1, 2016 23:00

hopkins
tho some of the White Album is really spectacular.

The White Album could have been a masterpiece if it wouldnt contain so many subpar/mediocre/horrible fillers. It should have been a single LP-album.

I pray for a new Stones-album without fillers. 10 songs, cherry-picked. No "Infamies", "Biggest Mistakes" and no "Thiefs In The Night". 10 decent songs I can listen to without being disappointed, thats all I want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 23:01 by HMS.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 1, 2016 23:23

Page 119, I love it. I'm ready too be blown away with the new album, are they up to the task that's the question…..hot smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 1, 2016 23:35

Bashlets
We have no idea how long they e been recording in all honesty. They jammed minus Jagger for like a week in December 2011. They then went to nyc in summer of 2012 for about a week. Then went to Paris to cut DOOM and ONE MORE. Then they wer in Paris for like 6 weeks before the 5 shows in 2012. Then someone had a rumor somewhere on this thread that they recorded in Chicago in either 2013 or 2014. Then there was last December 2015 in London and then sporadically March thru now. We really have no clue what's been done. Even STREETS OF Sh-t was recorded in summer of 2004 before they really started ABB so a lot might be done

thumbs up
In these digital times recording top notch can be done in a hotelroom (overdubs).
They have seen these enough the last years to work steady to create a MASTERPIECE to STONES measures, beside the partying ofcourse.
I hope (like I said before) The Stones use BLUES songs recorded in dec. 2011 (with BILL WYMAN and Ben Waters) for the forthcoming BLUES album.
A full circle last double CD album release is what I am hoping for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 23:38 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 2, 2016 00:34

I would settle for a single.
Just a two-sided single that would generate some airplay and buzz.
A rocker and a ballad.
Could they pull that off?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2016 19:58

mtaylor
Little more than 2 months and they are back on the road in US / West-Coast.

Will the CD be ready before?

Why on tour in NA in October (November???) and release a CD after?

It's an album, which is the same as an LP. A CD is the medium, the format. No matter what format it is released on it's still an LP/album.

Bands don't release CDs, they release albums/LPs.

Date: August 2, 2016 20:00

JumpinJimF
The worst thing about a new album coming out is that this thread (and its wonderful speculation and fantasy) will have to die. sad smiley

This thread has been nothing like the CROSSEYED HEART thread, which was full of excitement.

This one is filled with doubt - and for good reason. There's some excitement but it's nothing like Keith's new LP thread. That one may most likely reign as king of the new LP threads.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 2, 2016 20:06

GasLightStreet
mtaylor

It's an album, which is the same as an LP. A CD is the medium, the format. No matter what format it is released on it's still an LP/album.

Actually its neither of the above.
They release 'product'.
To market, sell and make a profit on.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 2, 2016 20:08

GasLightStreet
mtaylor

Wauw!! winking smiley

Date: August 2, 2016 20:13

jlowe
GasLightStreet
mtaylor

Actually its neither of the above.
They release 'product'.
To market, sell and make a profit on.

Wrong. It's an album. The album is a product but the product is not an album. T-shirts, stickers, koozies, etc are 'product'.

Date: August 2, 2016 20:56

GasLightStreet
JumpinJimF
The worst thing about a new album coming out is that this thread (and its wonderful speculation and fantasy) will have to die. sad smiley

This thread has been nothing like the CROSSEYED HEART thread, which was full of excitement.

This one is filled with doubt - and for good reason. There's some excitement but it's nothing like Keith's new LP thread. That one may most likely reign as king of the new LP threads.

Plus with Keith we got the rough cuts recordings from the listener party ahead of time to quench our thirsts. This Stones thread is bone dry, amazing we are at 119 with a half page total info…..lol

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 2, 2016 21:19

Doesnt matter, this thread is for speculations and fantasizing and our wildest dreams. Theres another thread for real information. That one naturally is way way shorter than this one. As long as there is no real information, we´ll keep on killing time with speculating and fantasizing, we will reach page 200 within two weeks. Lets try to reach page 500 before release date is confirmed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-02 21:37 by HMS.

Date: August 2, 2016 22:10

HMS
Doesnt matter, this thread is for speculations and fantasizing and our wildest dreams. Theres another thread for real information. That one naturally is way way shorter than this one. As long as there is no real information, we´ll keep on killing time with speculating and fantasizing, we will reach page 200 within two weeks. Lets try to reach page 500 before release date is confirmed!

grinning smileythumbs up

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 3, 2016 00:33

new album is gonna be called cook,cook blues, heard through the grapevine,no blues just new tracks, enjoy,

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 3, 2016 01:40

kish_stoned
new album is gonna be called cook,cook blues, heard through the grapevine,no blues just new tracks, enjoy,

Appreciate your insight and info but if a few insiders are calling it this I am sure it is just a 'code name' for right now.

Why would they use the same exact name of an unreleased song / outtake from 1985 - 86 dirty work Sessions?

Isn't good enough, doesn't fit well, and most important it is already used for a song that was an outtake from 30 years ago. I am not trying to rain on your parade and don't take this wrong but I just can't see it... (Again .. jus sayin)

- Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-03 01:41 by IanBillen.

Date: August 3, 2016 01:55

IanBillen
kish_stoned

Appreciate your insight and info but if a few insiders are calling it this I am sure it is just a 'code name' for right now.

Why would they use the same exact name of an unreleased song / outtake from 1985 - 86 dirty work Sessions?

Isn't good enough, doesn't fit well, and most important it is already used for a song that was an outtake from 30 years ago. I am not trying to rain on your parade and don't take this wrong but I just can't see it... (Again .. jus sayin)

- Ian

I heard the same thing, guess we'll just have to wait.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 3, 2016 02:10

a lot of people on this site seem to hear a lot of things, judging by this thread.

maybe one day we will collectively all hear the same thing, and end this constant speculation.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 3, 2016 02:49

Just to clarify, Cook Cook Blues is on the Rock & a Hard Place cd single, Collectables, Another Side of Steel Wheels-Japan

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 3, 2016 04:08

nick
Just to clarify, Cook Cook Blues is on the Rock & a Hard Place cd single, Collectables, Another Side of Steel Wheels-Japan[/quote

You are correct. My fault there. I wonder which one I was thinking about?

Anyway ... back on topic. Seriously doubt they will use this actual album title .. even if they are calling it that. I'm sure it is just a code name for now if that is the buzz word around their people and Universal.

I wonder if they have the real name picked yet? I wonder if they have finished everything. Probably by now they are ready to master it. That won't take long at all... (one to four days). My guess is that the recording and mixing is already complete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-03 04:10 by IanBillen.

Date: August 3, 2016 04:40

IanBillen
nick
Just to clarify, Cook Cook Blues is on the Rock & a Hard Place cd single, Collectables, Another Side of Steel Wheels-Japan[/quote

You are correct. My fault there. I wonder which one I was thinking about?

Anyway ... back on topic. Seriously doubt they will use this actual album title .. even if they are calling it that. I'm sure it is just a code name for now if that is the buzz word around their people and Universal.

I wonder if they have the real name picked yet? I wonder if they have finished everything. Probably by now they are ready to master it. That won't take long at all... (one to four days). My guess is that the recording and mixing is already complete.

Anyway You Look At It. grinning smiley

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 3, 2016 14:41

My sources tell me it will NOT be called Cook Cook Blues.

Date: August 3, 2016 19:18

Cook Cook Blues was recorded during the UNDERCOVER sessions in 1982.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 3, 2016 22:12

My sources tell me new album title will be. THREAD SPECULATION FANTASY....

Date: August 3, 2016 22:15

Wait until you hear it, it will knock yer socks off…..smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 4, 2016 00:20

I'm happy about this. I've been really soured by the band since the 50th tour, but I would love just a good, new album to listen to. I've been feeling less cynical about them lately though (which is why I'm poking around here again).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 4, 2016 00:59

Georgelicks should know something by tomorrow or Friday

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 01:06

Can't wait!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2016 01:07

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 01:07 by Rockman.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 4, 2016 14:09

Rockman

Rockman, Georgelicks...give us some news!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 4, 2016 15:10

Bring it on, i need my StonesFix.
Jeroen

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: August 4, 2016 22:06

I'm going out on a limb to say that Charlie's parts are probably finished >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home