Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 30, 2016 13:05

Nice story, but a think it´s a lie.

Don Was would NEVER let anyone listen to the new album without permission. What do you think of Don Was, he´s not a teenager trying to impress some chick. No way that this story is true.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 30, 2016 13:25

HMS
Nice story, but a think it´s a lie.

Don Was would NEVER let anyone listen to the new album without permission. What do you think of Don Was, he´s not a teenager trying to impress some chick. No way that this story is true.

It would seem that way .. Actually he has did it before with The Stones. In 2005 he let a couple people (fans) waiting outside the studio hear she saw me coming and another song in his car. It was the first we or anyone fan heard of this song.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 30, 2016 13:45

Maindefender
bye bye johnny
Well, <you> could've said you exchanged tweets with Carolina Bonetti, y'know?

Yeah but to be fair BBJ Ian's and Carolina's back and forth is all contained in your earlier entry above with the two Twitter links. You led us to the water, it's funny that some didn't drink.

True, but that exchange was after the link had been posted. He took the drink, and then kept it cryptic.

BTW, there's no mention of "begging to hear the whole album" or "burning her phone" in those tweets.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 30, 2016 15:07

bye bye johnny
Maindefender
bye bye johnny

Yeah but to be fair BBJ Ian's and Carolina's back and forth is all contained in your earlier entry above with the two Twitter links. You led us to the water, it's funny that some didn't drink.

True, but that exchange was after the link had been posted. He took the drink, and then kept it cryptic.

BTW, there's no mention of "begging to hear the whole album" or "burning her phone" in those tweets.

[twitter.com]

Actually she said those things in her Instagram. Am I the only one drinking the Kool aid here?.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 15:09 by Maindefender.

Date: July 30, 2016 15:44

I do not think this girl likes the blues .... I think I hear new songs ..confused smiley

Sergio
Argentina

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 30, 2016 16:10

georgelicks
My friend at Universal just text me: "Reunion next Thursday about new albums out in October/November with marketing team: Beck, Rolling Stones and more"

Many thanks!!
New stuff or blues cover...that is the question!!

Date: July 30, 2016 17:14

bye bye johnny
Maindefender
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Bye bye Johnny .. do you have a hard-on for me or something? Yeeeeesh .. What don't you like about my comment now? i-yi-yi?

She said the things I mentioned in a video she posted about the whole experience. You're not following along is the miscommunication problem... not my posts smiling smiley The video is still there.. all ya gotta do is look .. ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 17:30 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 30, 2016 17:44

Maindefender
Am I the only one drinking the Kool aid here?.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I am having a Scotch ... cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 30, 2016 18:17

IanBillen
What don't you like about my comment now?

Just looking for some clarity is all.

Honestly, imo your posts aren't the easiest reads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 18:17 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: July 30, 2016 21:16

IanBillen
It would seem that way .. Actually he has did it before with The Stones. In 2005 he let a couple people (fans) waiting outside the studio hear she saw me coming and another song in his car. It was the first we or anyone fan heard of this song.

If I recall correctly, that 2005 anecdote also had Don Was revealing the band had just cut "She Saw Me Coming" that same day.

Carolina Bonetti has no reason to fabricate this story, as it's not the kind of thing that is going to go viral or generate any attention. (Aside from a couple of Stones fans, it doesn't appear that either of her posts even received much of a response.)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2016 21:26

Maindefender
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Actually she said those things in her Instagram. Am I the only one drinking the Kool aid here?.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well, technically and realistically, it Flavor Aid, so perhaps you are the only one drinking Kool Aid.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2016 21:34

The way she acts though, a typical "Like You Know" girl, there is no reason to take her seriously. Yet the Don Was comment... then again, anyone that knows even just 1% about Don Was could make something up.

Don Was. Well, whatever. I don't think he's done a bad job with the 3 albums, he just hasn't done a great job, although there have been some moments (Flip The Switch, Love Is Strong, How Can I Stop, The Worst).

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 30, 2016 23:53

ian billian-you do realize that when i posted about keith telling a fan on his website that he would never make an all blues record i wasn't talking about my neighbor keith or keith urban right?

there is no blues record,there is never gonna be a blues record.it was an idea someone had that morphed into a fact.in other words a bullshit internet rumor.it's a boring idea and has been done by clapton and aerosmith already,it's not gonna happen-ever.

i believe this girls story about the new album,why would she make herself out to be a lunatic by making up this crazy story?and she said it was new material,no covers which is exactly what it's going to be.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: July 31, 2016 00:08

will only get what stones want to give us,they are making babies,beating diffrent drums hopefully something will come out in sept or oct 2016.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 31, 2016 00:15

I still find it hard to believe that Don Was has indeed handed the western hemisphere´s best kept secret to some woman without telling her not to talk about it in public. After all, the Stones are Don Was´ bosses, this is a betrayal of trust, Keith should sharpen his knives... I cannot believe it.

Don, would you be so kind and send it to me on USB-stick or - even better - put it on WT and give us a dl-link.

Date: July 31, 2016 00:17

lem motlow
ian billian-you do realize that when i posted about keith telling a fan on his website that he would never make an all blues record i wasn't talking about my neighbor keith or keith urban right?

there is no blues record,there is never gonna be a blues record.it was an idea someone had that morphed into a fact.in other words a bullshit internet rumor.it's a boring idea and has been done by clapton and aerosmith already,it's not gonna happen-ever.

i believe this girls story about the new album,why would she make herself out to be a lunatic by making up this crazy story?and she said it was new material,no covers which is exactly what it's going to be.

Someone called Ronnie Wood?!
[www.bbc.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 00:22 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 31, 2016 00:39

GEorgelicks will probably have some news from his friend at UNIVERSAL by this time next week.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 31, 2016 00:47

KRiffhard
lem motlow

[www.bbc.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

well actually, NO. reading the articles really helps-in both of them he said the same thing-"we cut about 11 blues tracks and some originals"

he didn't say the blues songs would even make it to the album let alone be a seperate record.fans used their imaginations and it became fact-and it's not gonna happen.

Date: July 31, 2016 02:52

lem motlow
KRiffhard
lem motlow

[www.bbc.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

well actually, NO. reading the articles really helps-in both of them he said the same thing-"we cut about 11 blues tracks and some originals"

he didn't say the blues songs would even make it to the album let alone be a seperate record.fans used their imaginations and it became fact-and it's not gonna happen.

I 110% agreed with you on Ronnie Woods mentioning. He only explained they sort of got really going with some great Blues covers and how great it all was in that regard. I was not convinced it was at one time going to be an entire Blues album .. I was right there with you until one thing occurred ...

Don Was said word for word that they recorded a blues album .. a long awaited blues album .. Not enough for an entire blues album but that they actually recorded a blues album ..

The person interviewed him said he previously coaxed Don Was to try and do that and now they actually had and Don Was said that Ronnie Wood spilled the beans on that in that the blues album was done in two days and it's 'really' good.

So by that I figured .. 'Hmmmm.. well I guess Ronnie Wood WAS spot on... Don Was said they <recorded a blues album> .. '

However the girl on Twitter is saying what she heard was an entire new studio album (we knew they were working on new material all along just as well). I believe her as you do. She has no reason to lie and although her video could appear a bit scripted.. why would it be? What would be her angle? I think she is 'on the level' entirely.

For a while I thought perhaps it would be a two CD set. Now .. I am fairly darn sure we are getting at least a studio album .. Is there a blues album? Yes. There is. Will it get released any time soon ... or will it get included some how with the new stuff in an all in one product, Im just not sure.

But ... Don Was said very specifically he recorded a >> blues album with them (just as well). I heard him say it in a radio interview that was posted here word for word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 02:55 by IanBillen.

Date: July 31, 2016 04:13

howlingmad
IanBillen

If I recall correctly, that 2005 anecdote also had Don Was revealing the band had just cut "She Saw Me Coming" that same day.

Carolina Bonetti has no reason to fabricate this story, as it's not the kind of thing that is going to go viral or generate any attention. (Aside from a couple of Stones fans, it doesn't appear that either of her posts even received much of a response.)

Yes .. and this was way before anyone knew of a track listing. He put the CD in his car and said to them "You know. you are the first people in the world (besides the people involved, obviously) to hear this" ...

They described the loud guitar and Jagger's repeating sharp vocals in the mix and the chorus over and over,.

So yes he will let people hear it if they are cool and as long as there is no way to record it. I'm sure he won't let on everything about the album .. including song titles and the name of the album and etc. but he will (and has been known) to give appreciative people a private strong glimpse.

This was one of those times it seems.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 31, 2016 11:12

IanBillen
howlingmad
IanBillen

Hi Ian,

I saw HMS's statement about it being a lie and was about to respond, then I saw your posts. I am the guy who posted that account in 2005 that you have referred to. My friend and I had been outside the studio and got to meet Keith as he left for the night. The rest was as you quoted. After Keith and his guys left, me friend and I were still standing there taking about the great fortune we had just had with Keith when Don pulled up in his truck and rolled the window down. He played us She Saw Me Coming and indicated they had just finished it that night. He seemed to like getting an instant reaction to the song. I have no difficulty in believing that he would have at least played 1 song for this girl and that he could of kept playing more.

Some years after meeting Don in 2005 I ran into him again at a charity show he was part of with Glenn Frey at the Roxy. I reminded him that I was one of the guys who played that for and he remembered doing it. He also said that he felt (like many of here feel) that A Bigger Bang was too long and that he had tried to convince Mick and Keith to keep it to 12 songs.

Yes .. and this was way before anyone knew of a track listing. He put the CD in his car and said to them "You know. you are the first people in the world (besides the people involved, obviously) to hear this" ...

They described the loud guitar and Jagger's repeating sharp vocals in the mix and the chorus over and over,.

So yes he will let people hear it if they are cool and as long as there is no way to record it. I'm sure he won't let on everything about the album .. including song titles and the name of the album and etc. but he will (and has been known) to give appreciative people a private strong glimpse.

This was one of those times it seems.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 31, 2016 11:51

Really nice to read that Don Was is such a nice guy to let some fans hear unreleased music. And he tried to convince Mick and Keith about the length of ABB.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 31, 2016 12:03

...all that is part of the promotional thing..I don't think at all at a blues album (for future years) but will get this new studio album..remember Facebook message "October" and "all down a line"....

Date: July 31, 2016 12:17

jp.M
...all that is part of the promotional thing..I don't think at all at a blues album (for future years) but will get this new studio album..remember Facebook message "October" and "all down a line"....

thumbs up

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 31, 2016 13:12

Somebody over on the Dylan forum posted this yesterday "Keith was interviewed on BBC 6 the other day and said the cover album is coming out in Oct/Nov and they're still finishing the original album which will be out early 2017 and be followed by a European tour." Does anybody know anything about that interview? Couldn't find anything.

Date: July 31, 2016 13:55

jp.M
...all that is part of the promotional thing..remember Facebook message "October" and "all down a line"....

That was for Desert Trip. All of the acts posted them.

Date: July 31, 2016 14:06

MrEcho
Somebody over on the Dylan forum posted this yesterday "Keith was interviewed on BBC 6 the other day and said the cover album is coming out in Oct/Nov and they're still finishing the original album which will be out early 2017 and be followed by a European tour." Does anybody know anything about that interview? Couldn't find anything.

Link to the interview here > [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 31, 2016 14:59

bye bye johnny
MrEcho

Link to the interview here > [www.iorr.org]

Thanks for the link. What Keith says pretty much confirms that there will be a blues album in the autumn (with a lot of Little Walter and Howlin' Wolf numbers). So why the disbelieve in this thread?

If what Carolina Bonetti said is true (and I think it is) then she was apparently allowed to listen to most of the album that will come after the blues album, an album of originals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 14:59 by MrEcho.

Date: July 31, 2016 15:07

the video is fake ... Marketing
That girl does not know the stones ..smoking smiley

Sergio

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 31, 2016 15:28

The PR machine has Ian Billen as its poster child.
He believes every printed word or rumor as fact.
And regurgitates it over & over.(&over)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home