Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 4, 2016 22:41

I guess I woke up in a bad mood .. however still I feel it's partly ridiculous at this point. No news.. no info on what they have been talking about in one way or another for almost a year now and supposedly we are to get it within two months?

There is a line between keeping everyone happily in the dark (purposefully) or just frustrating them and pissing them off because it goes on way too long.. (there are limits lol). I am pretty much at the latter half by now.

It's August.. they have been talking about this album and working on it since last December (actually they have been talking about it since last September).

->>>>>> ***There is no official word on what the F**k it even is?

Is it new stuff... Is it a blues album? **Keith claims he can't remember any of the songs (<<uh.. really ... that comment and answer is f**g stupid ...ok yeah right come on .. ) .. ...

I dunno .. I know I'm partly just as silly as anyone who has been looking for this week after week and month after month .. but At this point the whole thing is I dunno .. much more irritating than it is from an anxiously awaiting / pleasantly anticipating stand point.

All we need is an official word on 'what it is' and a 'general time frame' and we haven't even gotten that and it's August?.

Almost over it. Whole thing is becoming more irritating and frustrating than it is fun (at least for me) .. because I think they are carrying this holding out business too far at this point. I mean come on... we don't even know what the product is? I personally am more irritated than pleasantly stewing by now. Much much more.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 22:51 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 4, 2016 22:53

Ian, you need to quit this thread for a while. I've done the same, you'll notice when there are news. Give it a rest smiling smiley

Date: August 4, 2016 23:08

Lorenz
Ian, you need to quit this thread for a while. I've done the same, you'll notice when there are news. Give it a rest smiling smiley

I know.. Im just saying. I think the waiting and the very recent Keith statement in that he can't remember any of the songs to even give an indication on even what it is or what they are coming out with was sort of treating the interview person (and the public) like Children. It isnt like he was asked this six months ago? If ya feel ya gotta give those type of answers why even do an interview right now?

Whats wrong with simply saying 'we are working on or finishing a new album?... New material'.. ...... Or.. 'It is a blues album of great covers'..'coming out hopefully this fall'

Instead you have him saying when questioned on what exactly the product is you get ......'I cant remember any of the songs.. I dont have a list on me' (uh come on ..that bloody stupid at this late stage after like what 8 months of wondering what it is.. ...). Not saying he has to give song titles ..but that was his way of saying 'Im not disclosing what the product is'... which by now is pretty lame.

Its gone too far IMO by now lol. Being secretive for a while is one thing. Carrying on THIS long with no official word on what it is irritating and a total turn off.

Sort of treating the public like they are morons. Never before has a group been so secretive of something they are supposedly going to be releasing within a month or two? Come on now .. its like at this point and time you can cut the games... at least tell us what it is... ??

Look ... It isnt that Im angry its not out .. Im angry at the fact of the arrogance in those type of answers and without them or their reps at least disclosing what the product is by now .. and a general time frame of its release .... >> Thats 'my bitch' and my only bitch about it Lol. I know they are generally like that but... I think they have carried this out without disclosing just some really basic info about what it is for too long now.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 23:56 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 4, 2016 23:42

Hey page 120. drinking smiley

Date: August 5, 2016 00:21

Maindefender
Hey page 120. drinking smiley

Ikr .. I don't blame people from the message board for having a ton of pages about said album ....

I blame The Stones for carrying the secrecy with 'teasing' for far too long at this point.

I guess I woke up today and came to the realization where it's out of hand.. and has become irritating more than suspenseful after this long.

Gotten to the point of being stupid (that Keith statement from just last week was the last straw. That was just really stupid at this point).

Q. What type of album is it anyway?

A. I cant remember any song titles.. I don't have a list with me?

Whole thing is becoming a turn off and silly by their remarks and total undisclosure at this late stage of it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 00:24 by IanBillen.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 5, 2016 02:24

Like you Ian BIllen I find it all frustrating, seems far to much secrecy concerning the supposedly new album.
As for me I've got to the stage of what will be will be.
Nothing would please me more if the stones give us a new studio album, as I would
See it as probably there last one.
But hey ho there still with us, and that's a blessing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2016 02:33

Probably already been posted on this thread several dozen times by others, but....

No news is good news....smileys with beer

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 5, 2016 02:37

its obvious a lot of us are pissed off with the stones attitude, they dont owe us anything, and if they dont want to give us any more thats fine, at least stop the stupid pretence, its been boring for so long now and im getting to the stage that i actually want the band to quit for good, just to protect their reputation, because they are becoming embarrassing now, if your going to do albums, do it, just dont crow about and leave us in suspense for months after months to only tell us snippets here and there.

Date: August 5, 2016 02:52

buttons67
if your going to do albums, do it, just dont crow about and leave us in suspense for months after months to only tell us snippets here and there.

Very much agreed. I wouldn't be pissy if they weren't mentioning it or teasing us about it for how long. But Keiths last comment when he was asked what type of album it was is ridiculous.

It's August ... they started in December .. (officially) and they are hinting at an upcoming release yet none of them OR their reps can give us an indication what it is? Really?

I dunno .. I am not being a spoiled brat about it but they are sort of treating their fans like Children after this long with that act.

Open your mouth .. close your eyes .. you will get a big surprise ... and we keep waiting ..and waiting..and waiting.. and it's like we have no idea if its a peice of pizza or a coke.

Sooner or later the kid gets upset as in give it to me and come clean or don't. Thats where Im at .. Lol Wow. Really silly any more.

All kinds of other dumb things though.. Havana Moon ... Stones in Mono lol Exhibitionism .... etc. etc. All this that as usual that the majority are not interested in first and foremost.

Not saying they are stupid in reality but come on .. You know they have had the low down for a while. Why not fill us in just a bit? It's not fun anymore after this long.. at this point it's just irritating and it's treating their fans like Children (Q. What kind of album is it? ....A. I can't remember the song titles.. I dont have a list on me? Really?? ...Gimme a break).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 04:39 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 5, 2016 04:58

The decision was taken not to leak song titles, that's all. Look at Keith's album last year. Only "Love Overdue" was known until a couple months before the release yet the album had been in the can for awhile. They have a right not to drop song titles or answer questions. If you want something to be marketed properly, an informal Q&A is not the way to launch it.

Me, I'm hoping for the still unheard STEEL WHEELS outtake, "F*ck This Sh*t" to finally surface in collector circles. I believe that was the last unreleased title Bill German gave us in the old BEGGARS BANQUET supplement CONNECTION.

Date: August 5, 2016 05:16

Rocky Dijon
The decision was taken not to leak song titles, that's all. Look at Keith's album last year. Only "Love Overdue" was known until a couple months before the release yet the album had been in the can for awhile. They have a right not to drop song titles or answer questions. If you want something to be marketed properly, an informal Q&A is not the way to launch it.

Me, I'm hoping for the still unheard STEEL WHEELS outtake, "F*ck This Sh*t" to finally surface in collector circles. I believe that was the last unreleased title Bill German gave us in the old BEGGARS BANQUET supplement CONNECTION.

I agree... it is bad marketing / promotion to leak song titles and any details. I don't want song titles.. I don't want any real details... I simply want to know / understand officially <what it is> and a <general time frame> as to when it's coming out? Lol (<<is that too much to ask from them at this point? This has been going on for years leading up and now months and it's August Lol).

However .. As I understand it he was being asked what type of album it was as in new material or blues covers and he responded with that.

Look .. my problem isn't that they haven't disclosed everything or a specific release date.. my problem is they have been taunting us with a possible album for years and now they claim they are working on one (or something?) for months without at least letting us know <what> type of album or generally what it is...

and a simple time reference to when it is coming out?

Those two things should of been made public.. Instead we still have no idea wtf the product is ... Thats bullocks by this late stage.

Someone in their camp could simply said 'officially' a long time ago that they are working on a new album with new material and it is to be released hopefully in the fall .. they address everything else right? Trump .. Havana Moon .. Exhibitionism ... Bowie... Prince... Instead they are still playing guessing games with this and it's old.

Instead because of their purposeful evasiveness and mixed comments we are not sure if it is ...a double album .. an album of blues covers.. an all new studio album .. a new blues album with new material.... we have no clue as to what it is or when its coming out ...October... December... I've heard next spring.. Next Fall? Lol gimme a break. Better yet... give US a break. (....and I can assure you they have known for a long time)?

All this has been going on since last year. That whole aspect is just pretty stupid after this long and you and others can justify it all ya want but lets be honest... its gone on far too long and its just pretty irritating ...not really suspenseful anymore at this point is what Im saying here, finally (someone has to say it).

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 05:33 by IanBillen.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 5, 2016 05:32

GO IAN GO ! GO IAN GO !

Date: August 5, 2016 05:44

BILLPERKS
GO IAN GO ! GO IAN GO !

Perks why don't you ever add anything of value or add insight to the topic at hand for a change .. Instead, and for all the years I've saw your comments ...it's always your silly capital letters in saying how stupid or in trying to poke fun of everyone else and their comments.

We grew tired (and bored) with all that years ago.. can't believe you're still content and amusing yourself with it ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 05:47 by IanBillen.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 5, 2016 05:54

Ian, I enjoy facts, or opinions of things that exist .

I never belittle those posts or opinions.

You continually deal drivel on suppositions, innuendo , "quotes" of things that may or may not happen.

There may not be a Stones record for quite awhile.

Or it may be announced next week.

If WE ,OR YOU , are bothered by my reactions ,to quote Mick (1978), "ITS TOO F...IN BAD"

Date: August 5, 2016 06:15

BILLPERKS
Ian, I enjoy facts, or opinions of things that exist .

I never belittle those posts or opinions.

You continually deal drivel on suppositions, innuendo , "quotes" of things that may or may not happen.

There may not be a Stones record for quite awhile.

Or it may be announced next week.

If WE ,OR YOU , are bothered by my reactions ,to quote Mick (1978), "ITS TOO F...IN BAD"

Bill .. this is a message board.. it's precisely where people are 'meant' to share their opinions. It's what it's all about.. This is something you have trouble realizing and accepting. Otherwise.. what is the point of a Rolling Stones message board? .. If you don't want to deal with opinions and only the facts that come out .. that is your prerogative but at the same time you can't knock people who do otherwise when that's a boards (and this very threads) intent.

As far as facts go we have none on said album... which by now you would think that we should (which was my very point) yet we have all kinds of blurbs and chatter about it from the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 06:18 by IanBillen.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 5, 2016 06:24

IanBillen
I agree... it is bad marketing / promotion to leak song titles and any details.

Is it really, though? Mick has certainly never had a problem dropping unreleased titles before- even for recent projects. However, Keith has never been that detail-oriented, so my guess is that we probably shouldn't read too much into his refusal to dole out specifics.

Date: August 5, 2016 07:12

howlingmad
IanBillen
I agree... it is bad marketing / promotion to leak song titles and any details.

Is it really, though? Mick has certainly never had a problem dropping unreleased titles before- even for recent projects. However, Keith has never been that detail-oriented, so my guess is that we probably shouldn't read too much into his refusal to dole out specifics.

I get what you're sayin but as for me I'm not asking for a title of the album .. I'm not asking for song titles either. I don't expect that even right now.. Hell I'm not even asking for a date.

All that I was asking and what I think they should of easily let us know by now is <what> type an album it is (blues.. covers.. all new material.... etc.).. and a general time frame.

That's not asking too much at this point and instead of having a statement from their camp or instead of them telling us at least that much in an interview they are still playing this guessing game shit lol (come on now... ).

It's like this is becoming The Stones small version of Chinese Democracy or something and it's more counter productive than anything is my thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 07:15 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 5, 2016 07:22

GEorgelicks will hopefully have some news soon from his friend at UNIVERSAL. The news maybe that there is no news and no album this year.

Date: August 5, 2016 07:37

Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

It's kind of baffling how some have taken offense at not getting any substantial info. on this. Back in the good old days pf pre-internet, such demands from fans were unheard of.
There might have been a brief mention of some new material in a magazine article/interview, or a radio dj mentioning a band possibly working on new material, and that was all the info.that was available.
Now you have certain fans directing their frustrations and anger at the band members themselves...good grief.

Date: August 5, 2016 08:08

Hairball
Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

It's kind of baffling how some have taken offense at not getting any substantial info. on this. Back in the good old days pf pre-internet, such demands from fans were unheard of.
There might have been a brief mention of some new material in a magazine article/interview, or a radio dj mentioning a band possibly working on new material, and that was all the info.that was available.
Now you have certain fans directing their frustrations and anger at the band members themselves...good grief.

I understand your point. However in the old days bands didn't work and talk about getting into the studio for years (as is the point with this).

As well they were up front about what type of project they were working on.

As well .. times have changed. We do have The Internet now. I don't want an entire run down . I don't even need a title.. I simply want to know generally what it is and hopefully when it may come.... That isn't asking much... (way back when .. or now).

The reason I get frustrated with the band members themselves is because they are toying with their answers as opposed to simply coming a 'bit' clean (all I'd like is them to be a bit more up front about what they are doing and working on by now.. versus giving the entire house away).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 08:10 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 5, 2016 08:17

Hairball
Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

Spot on guys! It is actually scary how we (people in general) need to have information. We can not live with the feeling that we are not getting enough of information. The need to have information is often more important to us than the thing the information is about. Just like in this case. I believe the the discussion full of bitching about lack of information is bigger than what the actual album will have once it is released. |It is sad and I believe it is actually very self-destructive. And yea, we got here only in a couple of years. Information and fear is the way our society is ruled. I am sorry I got a little off topic. :-)

Anyway, I absolutely don't mind the lack of info and I am looking forward to the album whenever it is released.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 5, 2016 12:06

Bashlets
GEorgelicks will hopefully have some news soon from his friend at UNIVERSAL. The news maybe that there is no news and no album this year.

It's good to hear from George one way or the other. We know for sure the band is playing some live music again soon!! Pretty impressive line-up eh...winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 14:43 by Maindefender.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 5, 2016 13:37

Wonder when we hear some exciting News..
Jeroen

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 5, 2016 17:03

Forums like this are really just the online equivalent of sitting around a table in the pub.

When we sit around a table in the pub, we most of us often talk a lot of bollocks ...but its fun !

This should be the same .

A night in the pub wouldn't be very enjoyable if all we did was state facts winking smiley

Date: August 5, 2016 17:07

Spud
Forums like this are really just the online equivalent of sitting around a table in the pub.

When we sit around a table in the pub, we most of us often talk a lot of bollocks ...but its fun !

This should be the same .

A night in the pub wouldn't be very enjoyable if all we did was state facts winking smiley

Exactly .. People like Bill Perks have yet to understand that concept. It's why BV created the board .. it is why forums and message boards exist.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2016 17:14

IanBillen
Lorenz

I know.. Im just saying.

Really.

And we're just reading.

Date: August 5, 2016 17:19

The Stones may release something this year.

There.

That should tidy things up for some people.

Date: August 5, 2016 17:30

IanBillen
I don't want an entire run down . I don't even need a title.. I simply want to know generally what it is and hopefully when it may come...

See GasLightStreet's post above.

Perhaps the album should be titled 'Patience is a virtue'...

Date: August 5, 2016 17:31

Hairball
IanBillen
I don't want an entire run down . I don't even need a title.. I simply want to know generally what it is and hopefully when it may come...

See GasLightStreet's post above.

Perhaps the album should be titled 'Patience is a virtue'...

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 5, 2016 19:36

I feel bad for Soldatti in particular since he can't just post when he feels like it because of the millstone of insider info hanging around his neck.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home