Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 31, 2016 15:31

buenosairesstones
the video is fake ... Marketing
That girl does not know the stones ..smoking smiley

Sergio

She knows Don Was which is good enough.

Carolina Bonetti is a US TV personality, well-connected in the business. She's got more to lose than to win by making s**t up. So why would she do it?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 31, 2016 15:31

buenosairesstones
the video is fake ... Marketing
That girl does not know the stones ..smoking smiley

Sergio

if what you say is true that is not marketing, it is poor marketing (stones can do that grinning smiley)

anyway that Carolina profile says she's anc actor and pr person which can streghten both belief and disbelief at the same time. either she could be the actor in a poor marketing move or a person tha can really be in certain places at the right time.

belief/disbelief of what? this is a question. she could not be more specific than a "fantastic" when asked about what it sounded like.

if someone here has made contact with her maybe he could ask something as loose as: the supposed single do you think honestly it is a ballad or a funky?... grinning smiley

Date: July 31, 2016 15:39

Remember the man who won the prize .The man is not excited
He was an actoreye rolling smiley

Sergio

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 31, 2016 15:49

She knows nothing. She doesnt say anything more precise about the songs because she has heard nothing. It´s all a mediocre www-pr-gag.

Don Was knows that he would find himself in a courtyard if he indeed would run around with their new album an play it to whoever asks him for.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 31, 2016 16:48

maumau
if someone here has made contact with her maybe he could ask something as loose as: the supposed single do you think honestly it is a ballad or a funky?...

Bonetti exchanged a couple of tweets with a poster here:

[twitter.com]

Subsequent inquiry from a poster on another forum has gone unanswered:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 31, 2016 16:57

Carolina is a person in the industry who Don Was played some tracks to after making sure she couldn't record it. She may have been told not to mention song titles or specifics on social media. Producers and artists do ask for feedback. Rick Rubin did the same during the WANDERING SPIRIT sessions. He played alternate mixes to people outside the studio to gauge feedback. It happens. Mick played pre-release BRIDGES TO BABYLON tracks to a young woman he was friendly with and asked her opinion.

Carolina said she can't wait for December so that's likely when Don Was expects it is coming out. The blues album Don discussed in the radio interview is targeted for an October release when last we heard with HAVANA MOON dropping in November. If the label thinks the new album is worthwhile, a December release is possible for the holiday rush.

From that perspective, Keith recently saying they have more work to do also makes sense. It isn't finished yet, but it's mostly done. She said she heard 85% of the album (an odd estimate unless Don Was said it himself). It seems plausible to me, but we're all making too much of it. Just take it at face value. We knew everyone was trying to figure how to release the two albums and now they're doing it this way. December could easily become 2017. The album isn't finished, it's a target or possible target for now.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 31, 2016 19:35

Rocky Dijon
Carolina is a person in the industry who Don Was played some tracks to after making sure she couldn't record it. She may have been told not to mention song titles or specifics on social media. Producers and artists do ask for feedback. Rick Rubin did the same during the WANDERING SPIRIT sessions. He played alternate mixes to people outside the studio to gauge feedback. It happens. Mick played pre-release BRIDGES TO BABYLON tracks to a young woman he was friendly with and asked her opinion.

Carolina said she can't wait for December so that's likely when Don Was expects it is coming out. The blues album Don discussed in the radio interview is targeted for an October release when last we heard with HAVANA MOON dropping in November. If the label thinks the new album is worthwhile, a December release is possible for the holiday rush.

From that perspective, Keith recently saying they have more work to do also makes sense. It isn't finished yet, but it's mostly done. She said she heard 85% of the album (an odd estimate unless Don Was said it himself). It seems plausible to me, but we're all making too much of it. Just take it at face value. We knew everyone was trying to figure how to release the two albums and now they're doing it this way. December could easily become 2017. The album isn't finished, it's a target or possible target for now.

Actually I agree with almost everything you say ...

However I only took a guess in that she heard '85%'. Not sure what percentage she heard all together?

My only thing is .. I cannot see The Stones releasing a blues album and a new studio album within a few months or so apart (as you indicated may not happen just as that).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 20:04 by IanBillen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 31, 2016 20:51

IanBillen
Rocky Dijon

Actually I agree with almost everything you say ...

However I only took a guess in that she heard '85%'. Not sure what percentage she heard all together?

My only thing is .. I cannot see The Stones releasing a blues album and a new studio album within a few months or so apart (as you indicated may not happen just as that).

Yeah well, i can. and i have Not taken my medicine yet
Jeroen

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 31, 2016 22:06

I've had a good look at that Carolina profile, I just see her as a wannabe
So I'm not impressed with anything she has to say.
I go with my own thoughts n feelings, and I reckon a new album end of year with a blues album thrown in for free.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 31, 2016 22:55

The girl in the intagram video talks about hearling 1 song, a blues, and the girl on twitter about songs/album.
Are they the same girl. I can't find me glasses...drinking smileygrinning smiley

Date: July 31, 2016 23:14

RipThisBone
The girl in the intagram video talks about hearling 1 song, a blues, and the girl on twitter about songs/album.
Are they the same girl. I can't find me glasses...drinking smileygrinning smiley

Ok .. Let's not go crazy folks. I will sum it up.

The girl on Instagram and the girl on Twitter are the same person.

1. She does not mention hearing a 'blues' song..

2. She first mentions hearing <A> song ... the "new Rolling Stones song" .. and then begged to hear the whole record (album) ... in which Don Was obliged. She also notes the songs she heard are ...'not covers'.. when I asked her about a new studio album versus what she heard being an album of covers.

3. She said the Stones 'sound great' and that what she heard was fantastic.

Those are the facts... or at least that is only and exactly what she said ..nothing more and nothing less (and I believe her).

- Again ... Not tryin to be any kind of smart arse here .. just simply sayin -

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 23:19 by IanBillen.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 1, 2016 00:25

IanBillen
RipThisBone

2. She first mentions hearing <A> song ... the "new Rolling Stones song" .. and then begged to hear the whole record (album) ... in which Don Was obliged. She also notes the songs she heard are ...'not covers'.. when I asked her about a new studio album versus what she heard being an album of covers.

Those are the facts... or at least that is only and exactly what she said ..nothing more and nothing less (and I believe her).

thumbs up Thanks mr. Billen!
.....Great story, which leaves the ultimate question...Was... Satisfaction attained by everybody!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 00:34 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 1, 2016 01:25

It's hard to judge an album by 1 listen when your a stones fanatic. You hear Jagger's voice and Keith's guitar and you get excited. I'm far from objective on first listen. Hoping for the best. Lol

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2016 01:27

Yeah .... ya gotta live with 'em ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 1, 2016 01:31

Cant believe this thread is still open !!

Too Infinity & Beyond !!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 1, 2016 01:43

Can any album measure up to the expectations from 118 pages of hope and yearning?

Date: August 1, 2016 02:03

Bashlets
It's hard to judge an album by 1 listen when your a stones fanatic. You hear Jagger's voice and Keith's guitar and you get excited. I'm far from objective on first listen. Hoping for the best. Lol

I know what you are saying and I get your thought on that. This lovely gal is obviously a 'very enthusiastic' type of Stones fan and perhaps would love almost anything they did ..

Still .. I have a feeling .. in the way she remarked and by her tone that what she heard was at least pretty darndable good! ... (that was what I came away with from her remarks and the situation anyway .. ...).

Date: August 1, 2016 02:11

RipThisBone
IanBillen
RipThisBone

thumbs up Thanks mr. Billen!
.....Great story, which leaves the ultimate question...Was... Satisfaction attained by everybody!

'Was' satisfaction attained? Is there pun there (with the 'Was / Don Was' lead in to that question? .... ha smiling smiley ).

Ok in seriousness I'm not sure. She only mentioned her particular thoughts on what she heard.

I think by later this week or early next week we will have some definite word on what and when (just my feeling). As well.. there are reports as was said here that Universal marketing reps are getting word later this week on what to expect.

Again .. not saying we will know a whole lot.. but I at least think this much ...

>> by the end of this week or early next week we will know two things:

- what type of album it actually is (<<FINALLY hehe)

- and a general release date / or very concise time frame for it's release.

Ian

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 1, 2016 09:59

If Carolina's story is true, and I think it is (no reason to made-up), from her profile I gather no excitement by her "fantastic"... let's wait and see

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 1, 2016 12:57

Little more than 2 months and they are back on the road in US / West-Coast.

Will the CD be ready before?

Why on tour in NA in October (November???) and release a CD after?

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: August 1, 2016 13:03

The worst thing about a new album coming out is that this thread (and its wonderful speculation and fantasy) will have to die. sad smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 1, 2016 13:42

mtaylor
Little more than 2 months and they are back on the road in US / West-Coast.

Will the CD be ready before?

They are too lazy to rehearse the new songs for the stage and prefer to play their ususal GH-setlist instad.

I think they will release the new album of originals in spring 2017. They surely want it to top the charts and before Christmas the competition will be heavy. Most of the young top acts of today will release new material before the holidays so the chances for a top position of a Stones-album would be slim.

The Blues-album everybody´s talking about will never see the light of day, I guess. They played some blues covers in the studio to get into recording mood and of course tapes were rolling but those songs won´t be released, except one or two of them (maybe).

Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2017
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 1, 2016 14:15

mtaylor

A new album would probably better fit to their 55th anniversary in 2017 ....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 1, 2016 14:24

Irix
mtaylor

Then this quote from earlier is not to consider!

"Carolina said she can't wait for December so that's likely when Don Was expects it is coming out. The blues album Don discussed in the radio interview is targeted for an October release when last we heard with HAVANA MOON dropping in November. If the label thinks the new album is worthwhile, a December release is possible for the holiday rush."

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 1, 2016 15:06

Well,4 new Stones items in a year, an European tour in 2017...Great News if it will hapen like that.smileys with beer
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 17:20 by corriecas.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 1, 2016 15:45

mtaylor
Irix
mtaylor

Then this quote from earlier is not to consider!

"Carolina said she can't wait for December so that's likely when Don Was expects it is coming out. The blues album Don discussed in the radio interview is targeted for an October release when last we heard with HAVANA MOON dropping in November. If the label thinks the new album is worthwhile, a December release is possible for the holiday rush."

Consider it not considered…..drinking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: August 1, 2016 16:20

Irix
mtaylor

I've heard a rumour that the 2017 tour will be marketed as the 5th anniversary of "50 and Counting". Expect a super deluxe reissue of Grrrr!
winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 1, 2016 16:44

I like the idea of releasing a new album on the 55th anniversary. I hope it will be a masterpiece, I suspect it is, or it will be if they're still working on it. Only problem is like some people I'm wondering how many of us will make it out of 2016, seems like a very wrong year with death and damned terrorism too. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply, but I hope we can all enjoy some new music from The Stones. Plus I wonder if they're thinking/comparing to The Beatles last record "let it be". Here they have a chance where The Beatles didn't, plus they didn't know about legacy and all of that, or did they?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 1, 2016 22:02

frankotero
... .Plus I wonder if they're thinking/comparing to The Beatles last record "let it be". Here they have a chance where The Beatles didn't, plus they didn't know about legacy and all of that, or did they?

I'm pretty sure most of Let It Be was recorded before the Abbey Road sessions, tho Let It Be was the last official release.
I think Abbey Road is mostly regarded as their "legacy album,' complete with "The End."
Personally, as the years go by, I like their early stuff before Pepper the best, tho some of the White Album is really spectacular.

As for the new Stones recordings, I can't speculate too much as we're running on hope and rumor mostly, with little bits of promising hints lately along the way amidst idle speculation,
tho some of it is fun, and all I can hope for is a good album in coming months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 22:28 by hopkins.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 1, 2016 22:32

We have no idea how long they e been recording in all honesty. They jammed minus Jagger for like a week in December 2011. They then went to nyc in summer of 2012 for about a week. Then went to Paris to cut DOOM and ONE MORE. Then they wer in Paris for like 6 weeks before the 5 shows in 2012. Then someone had a rumor somewhere on this thread that they recorded in Chicago in either 2013 or 2014. Then there was last December 2015 in London and then sporadically March thru now. We really have no clue what's been done. Even STREETS OF Sh-t was recorded in summer of 2004 before they really started ABB so a lot might be done

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home