Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 147
New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:15

Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
New York City (AP) -- Keith Richards says The Rolling Stones have "definite plans" to record next year after a tour of South America.
The Stones guitarist talked about the Stones' plans to record their first studio album since 2005's "A Bigger Bang" during an iHeartRadio ICONS broadcast from New York on Tuesday.
Richards, who is releasing a new solo album, "Crosseyed Heart," on Friday, said in a live question-and-answer session that he was in London last week and got together with Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.
The band, which finished a North America tour this summer, will tour South America in early 2016.
___ Online:
[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-18 17:05 by bv.

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:21

GREAT NEWS!!

This should be a sticky

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:26

Keeping fingers crossed! thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:33

everwest1
GREAT NEWS!!

This should be a sticky

because, hey, we need more stickies!

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:53

Turner68
everwest1
GREAT NEWS!!

This should be a sticky

because, hey, we need more stickies!

The Stickier the better

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:56

I don't know why, but this time i smell that it's true

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 17, 2015 01:04

As long as they are going back to their roots I'm fine.............

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2015 01:04

Hurry up ...Bring it ON!!! ... The world badly needs a new Stones album

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 17, 2015 01:37

It's gonna happen!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2015 02:44

Just now watching a local Los Angeles news station (KABC), and the story actually made the news!

It must be true!!! winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 02:45

Hairball
Just now watching a local Los Angeles news station (KABC), and the story actually made the news!

It must be true!!! winking smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 08:03

NICOS

Agreed. Otherwise, they just shouldn't bother. FREE KEITH!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2015 08:28

Would they still know where all those chicks are now days ??...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: September 17, 2015 09:43

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 10:12

Should be good, Show Tunes, Country Standards or perhaps the Great British Songbook to go along as a companion piece to The Great American Songbook mania that swept the world.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 17, 2015 10:33

With the new great psychadelic era in rock in mind (Tame Impala, Unkonwn Mortal Orchestra).....maybe they should record a new TSMR.smiling smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 17, 2015 11:46

[www.theguardian.com]

Not a very interesting article in the Guardian, but one thing caught my attention:

"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

And I think this is really the problem, and makes me rather pessimistic about their "new album". Whereas apparantly Keith wrote his new solo album in the studio in cooperation with Steve Jordan, apparantly with the Stones it will be - again - Mick having his songs, Keith having his songs, and the Stones just working as hired session-players.
Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: September 17, 2015 12:35

matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Not a very interesting article in the Guardian, but one thing caught my attention:

"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

And I think this is really the problem, and makes me rather pessimistic about their "new album". Whereas apparantly Keith wrote his new solo album in the studio in cooperation with Steve Jordan, apparantly with the Stones it will be - again - Mick having his songs, Keith having his songs, and the Stones just working as hired session-players.
Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.

As far as I know Mick and Keith were writing songs and recording demos together for a couple of weeks before recording Bigger Bang. And it was definitely the same before recording Steel Wheels.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: September 17, 2015 12:52

RockingLonestar
matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

As far as I know Mick and Keith were writing songs and recording demos together for a couple of weeks before recording Bigger Bang. And it was definitely the same before recording Steel Wheels.

I also don't think this has to be a bad thing necesarilly. Keep in mind that they brought in their own individual ideas for a long time before working on them together. Brown Sugar is purely Mick, the Gimme Shelter Intro pure Keith. So as long as they don't insist on their individual demos being recorded right away without further working on them together, I don't see a problem. Yes, there is this danger, but it doesn't have to be this way. Doom & Gloom and One More Shot are so evenly split between Mick and Keith, because they quickly needed to come up with something to include on their anniversary compilation and without having played together for 5 years. This will be different in qany recording sessions taking place 2015/2016

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 13:16

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Great news .......

Just heard Keith Richards announcing it on the music news on BBC Radio 2smiling bouncing smiley

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 17, 2015 14:09

At their age, of course, they dont enter the studio completely unprepared. A 10-hour jam-session can produce nothing, a good demo by Keith or Mick can turn out fantastic. It depends on the material. As far as I know Keith and Mick worked very closely together on the Bigger-Bang-material... I dont think Mick comes up with totally finished songs and degrades the others to session-musicians. And Keith´s songs are always unfinished anyway... we can only hope for the best.

So dont worry, all songs brought in will be carefully revised and judged by the band (which means Mick & Keith) before laying down the final tracks. So only the worst material will make it on the album, as in case of Bridges To Babylon. cool smiley

Don Was of course will soften all edges to make most of the songs as radio-friendly as possible. I have a feeeling the songs will be very similar to the four new ones on 40 Licks (Dont Stop, Keys To Your Love, Stealing My Heart, Losing My Touch).

These four songs I disliked at first, but over the years they grew immensely on me. So if they release "Exhibitionist" in 2016 chances are good that I start to like it in 2022.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 17, 2015 14:46

matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.[/quote

wow...if one of the main protagonists in what is arguably one of the best song writing teams in history said to me he had a whole bunch of demos for me to listen to and consider for recording...I might poop in my pants...which is probably what Keith did which is why they are going in to the studio....lets hope they give RW some room..he always has some great ideas as well...

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: September 17, 2015 14:51

A lot of posts.

And no "How about Mick Taylor on the new record"-issue so far.

Greatspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 17, 2015 14:57

I think, it will happen after the South America Tour.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2015 15:10

From a Keith interview on 15-Sept-2015:

[...] So come on: Mr Richards was planning another some new work with his band The Rolling Stones record? Or should we continue doing it with solo adventures? "We now have eleven years no plate included. Eleven years! I really think it's a little ridiculous for a band that plays just yet. I would like, but still catch so blunt: too busy, no time, nowhere near. And to me the press starts to run, claps at a certain point the valve off. Actually, I made this record to poke the guys: Hey, look, even I'm recording, what about you? Is there anything? I'm sure Mick has a mountain of songs. And for me there is always some rolls from which we now know. So, I do not know if the Stones read your story, but just in case: boys, I ask you one more time, I beg you, no, I threaten, go with me to record the new album. Or else...'

And could not help this call including threat, nefarious and concrete plans Richards already has. "Next year we will continue our tour in South America. And hopefully we play in Cuba, that would be incredible. There is pressure on negotiated. But when we return from that tour and the guys are still hot and tasty lubricated, then I pull them straight off the plane into the studio. My big task for the coming year."

[www.volkskrant.nl] · [www.iorr.org] · [we.tl]

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: September 17, 2015 15:15

If it is true hope they can write a couple of good three chord songs.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 17, 2015 15:43

David Neal
Keith Richards says The Rolling Stones have "definite plans" to record next year after a tour of South America.

Are those really the exact words he said? Or is it just wishful thinking again and everyone says yes that would be great but we'll see after the tour how we feel?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 17, 2015 16:04

Irix
From a Keith interview on 15-Sept-2015:

[...] So come on: Mr Richards was planning another some new work with his band The Rolling Stones record? Or should we continue doing it with solo adventures? "We now have eleven years no plate included. Eleven years! I really think it's a little ridiculous for a band that plays just yet. I would like, but still catch so blunt: too busy, no time, nowhere near. And to me the press starts to run, claps at a certain point the valve off. Actually, I made this record to poke the guys: Hey, look, even I'm recording, what about you? Is there anything? I'm sure Mick has a mountain of songs. And for me there is always some rolls from which we now know. So, I do not know if the Stones read your story, but just in case: boys, I ask you one more time, I beg you, no, I threaten, go with me to record the new album. Or else...'

And could not help this call including threat, nefarious and concrete plans Richards already has. "Next year we will continue our tour in South America. And hopefully we play in Cuba, that would be incredible. There is pressure on negotiated. But when we return from that tour and the guys are still hot and tasty lubricated, then I pull them straight off the plane into the studio. My big task for the coming year."

[www.volkskrant.nl] · [www.iorr.org] · [we.tl]

If he said this really on sept, 15 then all this is happening only in his head so far. Mick will be suprised to read in the sunday paper that the Stones are recording an album... Keith says a lot of things these days... It´s still only rumour again, isnt it?
Unless I hold the new record in my own hands, I do not believe in anything one Stone says unless all of them say the same. Shut up Keith.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 17, 2015 16:29

matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Agreed matxil

you are absolutely right here

Kieth Announcement of new Stones Record
Posted by: thatbird ()
Date: September 17, 2015 16:27

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home