Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 147
Re: Kieth Announcement of new Stones Record
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 17, 2015 16:38

Until Mick says they are making an album, i take all this with a pinch of salt

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 17:24

Come on, it will happens surely...3 weeks ito the studio in November and other three weeks in May and the new album will be ready for September!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: September 17, 2015 18:41

Such good news! Surely this is true....it seems to be all over the news now (maybe I'm exagerating and just jump on any Stones news in the media?). Staying hopeful and positive anyhow. thumbs up smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 17, 2015 18:54

Trouble is that these days it can be all over the news, but all those stories are just quoting and requoting the one original source, which might be wrong.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 17, 2015 18:56

Green Lady
Trouble is that these days it can be all over the news, but all those stories are just quoting and requoting the one original source, which might be wrong.

Exactly
Mick needs to agree, and nothing from Mick yet
Fingers crossed though

Date: September 17, 2015 20:27

Have a little bit of faith, it will happens very very soon...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:28

From Keith's statement, during the Iheart interview, it sounded as though the
entire band agreed to record a new albumjust a couple days prior to the interview. If accurate this, of course, would indicate Mick is on board with the new album plans as well.

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:32

They must leave Don Was at home on this one....enough is enough

Date: September 18, 2015 01:34

You'll see that as soon as Keith promotion for his album comes to an end the Band will go into the studio...(Mid-End of October/early November)

Date: September 18, 2015 01:36

Ethan Johns or Ry Cooder would be the right choice!!thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:46

matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Not a very interesting article in the Guardian, but one thing caught my attention:

"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

And I think this is really the problem, and makes me rather pessimistic about their "new album". Whereas apparantly Keith wrote his new solo album in the studio in cooperation with Steve Jordan, apparantly with the Stones it will be - again - Mick having his songs, Keith having his songs, and the Stones just working as hired session-players.
Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.

Yep. Just a continuation of how the Stones have been since 1989 - a lot of Mick songs, the worst songs of which are his, and Keith's token 2 with his singing and a few riff inspired songs Mick adds lyrics to.

A BIGGER BANG seemed to have gotten away from that more than usual. Or at least it seemed like it.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:51

GasLightStreet
matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Not a very interesting article in the Guardian, but one thing caught my attention:

"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

And I think this is really the problem, and makes me rather pessimistic about their "new album". Whereas apparantly Keith wrote his new solo album in the studio in cooperation with Steve Jordan, apparantly with the Stones it will be - again - Mick having his songs, Keith having his songs, and the Stones just working as hired session-players.
Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.

Yep. Just a continuation of how the Stones have been since 1989 - a lot of Mick songs, the worst songs of which are his, and Keith's token 2 with his singing and a few riff inspired songs Mick adds lyrics to.

A BIGGER BANG seemed to have gotten away from that more than usual. Or at least it seemed like it.

Totally agree. Maybe they could just give Mick the wrong address for the studio dates and then Keith could record CROSSEYED HEART 2 with Ron and Charlie? There you have it--problem solved!

Date: September 18, 2015 02:04

They could so avoid that. Sure, do Mick's songs. But let the band give 'em a whhhaaaack.

I think Keith's idea of working with whatever comes out would suit them better in this instance. Mick's had enough of his ideas of how the Stones should sound dominate for the past, oh, since 1978.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:16

GasLightStreet
They could so avoid that. Sure, do Mick's songs. But let the band give 'em a whhhaaaack.

I think Keith's idea of working with whatever comes out would suit them better in this instance. Mick's had enough of his ideas of how the Stones should sound dominate for the past, oh, since 1978.

This is Keith-abuse of the absolute worst kind. 37 years of being pushed around by that ... that ... that ... singer? No more -- FREE KEITH!

Date: September 18, 2015 02:19

LongBeachArena72
GasLightStreet

This is Keith-abuse of the absolute worst kind. 37 years of being pushed around by that ... that ... that ... singer? No more -- FREE KEITH!

From what I've been reading, it pays well!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 18, 2015 11:44

LongBeachArena72, would you welcome a new stones-album, if they had a singer? How did it come to this that this Mick-guy can push Keith around and humiliate him for so long? Stop this bully! Keith´ book should have been called "balled and chained".

Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 18, 2015 12:13

I hope there's a new album.
I hope there's no Don Was. I hear Glyn Johns is available.
I hope as well as writing seperately, Mick and Keith actually sit together in the same room and write a few tunes together.
I hope they stop using open G. It's a total bloody cliche and i'm sick of it.
If they do use it they should use it on a track called Stuck In A Rut.
I hope they record together in the same room without click tracks/drum samples etc..
I'd really like them to have a fresh go at Blood Red Wine and Travelling Man.
No reason they can't revisit quality old tunes that haven't been used. Better than recording something completely sub-standard.
Let me broach the subject by suggesting MT's token appearance on the album could be lead guitar on Travelling Man.

WHoever does end up producing, i hope they are able to take the band on when something's crap. Nigel Godrich did a good job on McCartney apparently telling him "that song's crap we're not doing it". About bloody time.

Being realistic, i suppose there's a chance there might at least be a new album some time but i don't hold out much hope for the rest.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 18, 2015 12:33

I just hope they avoid the sentimental ballads....like Out Of Tears, Already Over Me or Streets Of Love. (Almost Hear You Sigh was ok) Pointless tunes. Leave the ballads to Keith

Otherwise I think we're pretty unfair to Mick. How many interesting uptempo ideas has Keith been able to present in the recent 25 years.

Flip the Switch was great, but otherwise ....Rough justice ??? Really. No. That one came from an old peoples home.

I hope for some falsetto, a bit of disco, some reggae, some punkynewwaveblues from Ron, a psychadelic touch from Mick T and some great riffs from the master himself.

And a warm production far from A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 18, 2015 12:53

GasLightStreet

Yes, I have no doubt about that. It might not be a very commercial album, but neither was Exile in the beginning (and with that I'm not saying they should make "another Exile" ). I would even prefer an album of the quality of "Their Satanic Majesties": 50% great, 50% enormous nonsense, than their average-mediocre-non-descript output of the past 30 years.

Date: September 18, 2015 14:02

Tops
a psychadelic touch from Mick T

Wake upsmiling smiley
Mick T left the band some 40 years ago.

Date: September 18, 2015 14:10

matxil
their average-mediocre-non-descript output of the past 30 years.

Their output would not seem so mediocre, if they had reduced the number of songs to 10 on each album instead of 15-18. No good idea to put every weak one on an album, only to fill the CD-capacity. I hope they dont do that again. Bridges To Babylon could have been a fine album if it had a running time of 37 minutes. Unfortunately its over 60 minutes and half full of crap.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 18, 2015 16:54

We want an 'old school' album, not another BTB or A Bigger Bang. Please Mick, use that home made demos for your next solo album.
No songs ala Goddess/Alfie/Superheavy on a Stones album. thumbs down

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 18, 2015 16:57

DirtyT
They must leave Don Was at home on this one....enough is enough

It's time for a new producer. Ethan Johns (Andy's son) or George Drakoulias (Black Crowes, Tom Petty, Primal Scream...) would be the right choice.

Yahoo news about new album plans- first in a decade
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:34

Here is the link:

[news.yahoo.com]

Re: Yahoo news about new album plans- first in a decade
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 00:55

This should be a sticky

New York (AFP) - Rock legends The Rolling Stones have decided to record a new album in what would be their first in a decade, guitarist Keith Richards said.

Richards, at an event Tuesday evening to promote his latest solo album, said that the Stones planned to return to the studio after a hitherto unannounced tour of South America in early 2016.

"Actually, I was in London last week and the boys and I got together. And, yeah, there are now definite plans to record," Richards told a forum in New York organized by Internet radio station iHeartRadio.

The now septuagenarian rockers have toured actively in recent years, recently completing a summer swing through North America, but have not released a new album since "A Bigger Bang" in 2005.

That album, in turn, was the first by The Rolling Stones in eight years.

The Rolling Stones are widely regarded as one of rock's defining acts, producing classic albums such as "Sticky Fingers" and "Exile on Main St." and feuding with The Beatles for the crown of Britain's top band.

Richards, known for his hard-living and cantankerous public comments, on Friday releases "Crosseyed Heart," his first solo album in 23 years.

The album -- featuring Richards, rather than Stones frontman Mick Jagger, on vocals -- brings in a range of collaborators including the jazz and blues singer Norah Jones.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 04:29

knock knock

who's there?

time

time who?

TIME FOR A NEW STONES ALBUM!!!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 17, 2015 05:39

No joke!smileys with beer

True? Keith confirms new Stones record
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:24

As the guitarist puffed away on his trademark cigarette, he was asked if there was ever going to be a new Rolling Stones album.

"Oddly enough, just met with the boys and there will be a new album," Richards nonchalantly said. A huge smile appeared on Jim Kerr's face as the audience of die hard fans went wild.

Keith confirms new Stones record

Re: True? Keith confirms new Stones record
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:27

He gave an interview to a French daily ("Le Parisien") and he said je'd love to record right after the SA tour when the band's still hot.

Time will tell...

Re: True? Keith confirms new Stones record
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:31

Yes, but when?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home