Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:45

JumpinJeppeFlash

WTF? That´s Pelle Almqvist.

And Me.
winking smiley

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:47

onlystones
Stoneburst
Plink
onlystones
Hello, 2am SD time. My new found co-workers don't want to leave. Outstanding party!!! Fonda '15 was an intimate special concert. Belly up is a great fiesta.
The people who work this venue see Big name acts all the time. Everyone of them said they had seen nothing like the Stones. They are in awe. (they can drink some tequila too). I will be leaving soon to go to my hotel in LJ. tell me if you want details about my journey and experience.

If not I will gladly fall asleep with my head phones on cranked up to eleven. yes I do know what I am going to listen to when I go to bed tonight (SG umg remaster). Don't You?

Thanks for the encouragement.

THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND

Hey onlystones - congrats on your success! Attending a show like this is the Holy Grail - I'm jealous but happy for you smiling smiley. When you have the time & energy, it would be great if you would share a few details such as:

Which songs were the highlights and which (if any) went a little haywire?

Describe the interaction between band members & specific special moments

What did Mick say to this bunch? Please share the most memorable stage banter

Describe the most memorable Keith moments

What was the enthusiasm level of the crowd?

What were the Stones wearing? (Important stuff!)

Approx. how many guests were in attendance?

Did any fans at the door actually get in?

How did you gain entry? From your post, you seem to insinuate that you managed to work the party. Is that accurate?

I've enjoyed your posts and, like most here, I love details - so please feel free to spill it all! No detail is too small smiling smiley

PREFACE: This is my experience. I do this because I love the Stones. Its my time and money. I am just as happy to do as I have done for years and live my Stones life in obscurity. BTW EOMS Ripping through this joint and my headphones as we speak. If I allude to people in this post it is because they gave me permission to.

That said I was at home (South Florida) on 5/27 doing my morning rituals. Those rituals are usually the same. Wake and bake. Check on line for any new Rolling Stones news. Crank up whatever Stones related material I planned on listening to that morning. Walk and feed the dog. Get my son up and going for school or whatever he is into that day. Check on mom and dad. Normal people stuff.

Low and behold the rumor popped up on IORR about a private show. The rumors proved true and through my research I knew Belly Up was on. I don't need an excuse to do anything Stones related. I knew I was going, I had to set up a plan of attack. One of the first things I did was send an e-mail to the catering department of the BU stating that I would like to inspect their facility for an upcoming affair I was having. I told them I would give them a non-refundable deposit in whatever amount was necessary for the inspection. The only catch was that it had to be on 5/27 between 7pm and midnight. I also stated that I would get great Satisfaction if I could be Rolling into their club for the non-refundable inspection. I got no response in any way from anyone officially with the club. However, shortly thereafter, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be the head this or that at the club and that he said he could get me in. We vetted each other, with questions to see if both parties were serious. He seemed to be legit. I know I am. And there you have it, a match made in Stonesland. Now it was brass tax time. I asked him how much. His reply was twice Fonda. I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more". We made arrangements to meet in SD at the airport. Then I started making travel and hotel reservations.

I need to take a break. I will tell the rest, if you want me to. I just don't want to ramble. It is 9am, my body time (EDT) and 6am here in SD. (PDT). I m getting punchy. I just need to get my head together. I have to figure what my next move is. Checkout is 12pm local time. If I decide to leave.

colorful and roguish negotiations aside--I have a serious question. You bribed your way in, fine. Were you searched at the show? Did anyone frisk you? Because I will tell you, if not, then the BU allowed for a massive breach of security. You're clearly not, but what if you were some sort of deranged psycho? Would it have been worth the few grand they guy pocketed? I think this reflects horribly on the BU if you were merely allowed to waltz, sans security check, in because you had cash and a good line for a show in this intimate a setting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 16:50 by wellalright.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:54

Wellalright, what if one of the invited guests was a deranged psycho, do you think they frisked all those one percenters?

Date: May 28, 2015 16:57

ohotos
Wellalright, what if one of the invited guests was a deranged psycho, do you think they frisked all those one percenters?

I'll bet the host made sure of whom he was inviting and took care of that in some way--or at least signed some indemnification. But for the venue to allow this sort of arrangement, I'm sorry, I would not be surprised if this post cost at least a couple of people their jobs, if it is seen. And you have no right to identify the crowd as "one percenters" - you have no idea who this guy's friends are. That is beyond biased and pejorative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 16:58 by wellalright.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:02

Better don't ask too many questions. cool smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:06

For $500,000 Mick will pop out of the birthday cake, $5,000 per Keith leg kick in Jumping Jack Flash

I kid, I kid..........................winking smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 17:10

Calling them one percenters was just a quick way for me to identify the guests as some called them that further up in the thread, sorry if I offended you. Sure, some heads might roll after this "breach" but all this security theater in the US is way overblown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 17:10 by ohotos.

Date: May 28, 2015 17:14

ohotos
Calling them one percenters was just a quick way for me to identify the guests as some called them that further up in the thread, sorry if I offended you. Sure, some heads might roll after this "breach" but all this security theater in the US is way overblown.

I was not offended at all. I was just pointing out how ignorant and small minded that comment sounded. And my point stands. I'd love to know just how vetted this guy was.

Also find it ironic that people are bitching about the Stones' money, yet celebrating a guy that simply bought his way in.

Date: May 28, 2015 17:19

Perhaps they celebrate him for jumping on a plane as soon as the news broke.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:20

I'm keeping my thoughts about all this to myself. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:27

wellalright
colorful and roguish negotiations aside--I have a serious question. You bribed your way in, fine. Were you searched at the show? Did anyone frisk you? Because I will tell you, if not, then the BU allowed for a massive breach of security. You're clearly not, but what if you were some sort of deranged psycho? Would it have been worth the few grand they guy pocketed? I think this reflects horribly on the BU if you were merely allowed to waltz, sans security check, in because you had cash and a good line for a show in this intimate a setting.

I've seen many.....many......many "wads of cash" being handed over in my time with this band. Others have seen it as well. But, those "wads of cash" were handed over to security itself. What did this cash help the person(s) obtain? A handshake with a band member and an autograph. Possibly a tip-off on a small gig.

Did this make me feel uncomfortable? Yes, it really did. Die-hard fans were sitting/standing outsde of rehearsals in Toronto boiling in the sun and a dude waltzes in because he was able to hand over a HUGE wad of cash.

Needless to say, the security person of whom I speak was terminated by the Stones.

I've never taken a dime for a tip-off on where the small gig(s) are. I'm grateful with a kind "thank you".

I do understand your dilemma here. You're perhaps thinking of a Mark David Chapman who murdered John Lennon. I know......it is a huge concern. People/fans/whatever near band members is a matter of great concern. At a gig, walking into rehearsals, etc.

What it the answer though in a situation where money talks?

I was cheering 'onlystones' on because I had a gut feeling of this person's sincerity. That said, the entire money-to-get-in thing is a personal (and perhaps spiritual) conundrum. I have no answers. Just questions and comments.

One more thing - I'd LOVE to know who all else handed over "wads of cash" at the venue last evening!eye popping smiley (And in the evenings to come).

CE smoking smiley

**I'll shut the eff up now on the topic**cool smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:28

Exclusive picture of the gig last night:

Mick rolls out the cake!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:29

wellalright
ohotos

I was not offended at all. I was just pointing out how ignorant and small minded that comment sounded. And my point stands. I'd love to know just how vetted this guy was.

Also find it ironic that people are bitching about the Stones' money, yet celebrating a guy that simply bought his way in.

With your concern for the "security breach" are you also going to start complaining about the five year-old being allowed into the club? The bar's Private Event Page Q&A section clearly states:

Q: Can minors attend private events?
A: No, unfortunately, Belly Up is a 21+ venue by law.

It sounds like security was lacking (bought off?) on multiple fronts. Maybe you should have the club shut down and EVERYONE could lose their jobs. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:37

Onlystones. To be very, very honest:

I don´t believe you one word.

I don´t believe you were at Fonda, nor Petco, nor Belly.

In my opinion it´s all in your head.

Incl. the staff-story to get in to Belly Up.

But it is nice literature the things you write here.

So sorry that I have this feeling.

More, more sorry if i´m totally wrong.

But I just can feel what I feel.

Date: May 28, 2015 17:45

Ssht - everybody here wants this to be true. cool smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:48

caschimann

I kind of agree. Especially this part seems very ''made up'' and unrealistic:

''I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more".''

But I hope I'm wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 17:48 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:48

caschimann

Your considerations on these phantasic stories sound very reasonable, caschimann.

Why don't you just produce some simple evidence in reply, onlystones, pix or tix or the like?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:51

Cocaine Eyes
wellalright

I've seen many.....many......many "wads of cash" being handed over in my time with this band. Others have seen it as well. But, those "wads of cash" were handed over to security itself. What did this cash help the person(s) obtain? A handshake with a band member and an autograph. Possibly a tip-off on a small gig.

Did this make me feel uncomfortable? Yes, it really did. Die-hard fans were sitting/standing outsde of rehearsals in Toronto boiling in the sun and a dude waltzes in because he was able to hand over a HUGE wad of cash.

Needless to say, the security person of whom I speak was terminated by the Stones.

I've never taken a dime for a tip-off on where the small gig(s) are. I'm grateful with a kind "thank you".

I do understand your dilemma here. You're perhaps thinking of a Mark David Chapman who murdered John Lennon. I know......it is a huge concern. People/fans/whatever near band members is a matter of great concern. At a gig, walking into rehearsals, etc.

What it the answer though in a situation where money talks?

I was cheering 'onlystones' on because I had a gut feeling of this person's sincerity. That said, the entire money-to-get-in thing is a personal (and perhaps spiritual) conundrum. I have no answers. Just questions and comments.

One more thing - I'd LOVE to know who all else handed over "wads of cash" at the venue last evening!eye popping smiley (And in the evenings to come).

CE smoking smiley

**I'll shut the eff up now on the topic**cool smiley

It's a fantastic story.
You know where most fantastic stories come from...

"One of the first things I did was send an e-mail to the catering department of the BU stating that I would like to inspect their facility for an upcoming affair I was having. I told them I would give them a non-refundable deposit in whatever amount was necessary for the inspection. The only catch was that it had to be on 5/27 between 7pm and midnight. I also stated that I would get great Satisfaction if I could be Rolling into their club for the non-refundable inspection. I got no response in any way from anyone officially with the club. However, shortly thereafter, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be the head this or that at the club and that he said he could get me in. We vetted each other, with questions to see if both parties were serious. He seemed to be legit. I know I am. And there you have it, a match made in Stonesland. Now it was brass tax time. I asked him how much. His reply was twice Fonda. I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more". We made arrangements to meet in SD at the airport."

The guy comes flying in from Florida right...? Just hours after Rokyfan told him on iorr it was in the BU he set this all up with sending a mail and getting an answer and booking a flight calling a cab flying in getting a cab and all the while sending messages to iorr without even one spelling mistake...?
Get this guy to the olympics on all disciplines!!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:52

caschimann

Honestly, I felt the same way when they first posted last week. Maybe it was just the throwing money everywhere comments. I don't know. Would like it to be true and maybe it is.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:53

onlystones
Koen
onlystones
Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

What's the catch?

No catch. I offered to pay for Rokyfan to go from NY to SD and I would try to get him in. I don't think he took me seriously. This is what I do, I never joke about going to a Stones show. I enjoyed myself so much I figured it would be worth it to repay him for the tip. Simple as that.

Somehow I think you are trolling. But maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:53

caschimann

I agree this is a hoax.
"One of the first things I did was send an e-mail to the catering department of the BU"- onlystones

There is no "catering department" at the BU.
Of course they own the restaurant next door, which does cater..
but that's not how this "story" started.

From Belly-Up's FAQ
"Q: Can we bring in our favorite caterer?
A: No, all catering is service through the Wild Note Café."

Good read though...

Date: May 28, 2015 17:55

NOW suddenly everyone kinda knew? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:56

onlystones
Stoneburst
Plink
onlystones
Hello, 2am SD time. My new found co-workers don't want to leave. Outstanding party!!! Fonda '15 was an intimate special concert. Belly up is a great fiesta.
The people who work this venue see Big name acts all the time. Everyone of them said they had seen nothing like the Stones. They are in awe. (they can drink some tequila too). I will be leaving soon to go to my hotel in LJ. tell me if you want details about my journey and experience.

If not I will gladly fall asleep with my head phones on cranked up to eleven. yes I do know what I am going to listen to when I go to bed tonight (SG umg remaster). Don't You?

Thanks for the encouragement.

THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND

Hey onlystones - congrats on your success! Attending a show like this is the Holy Grail - I'm jealous but happy for you smiling smiley. When you have the time & energy, it would be great if you would share a few details such as:

Which songs were the highlights and which (if any) went a little haywire?

Describe the interaction between band members & specific special moments

What did Mick say to this bunch? Please share the most memorable stage banter

Describe the most memorable Keith moments

What was the enthusiasm level of the crowd?

What were the Stones wearing? (Important stuff!)

Approx. how many guests were in attendance?

Did any fans at the door actually get in?

How did you gain entry? From your post, you seem to insinuate that you managed to work the party. Is that accurate?

I've enjoyed your posts and, like most here, I love details - so please feel free to spill it all! No detail is too small smiling smiley

PREFACE: This is my experience. I do this because I love the Stones. Its my time and money. I am just as happy to do as I have done for years and live my Stones life in obscurity. BTW EOMS Ripping through this joint and my headphones as we speak. If I allude to people in this post it is because they gave me permission to.

That said I was at home (South Florida) on 5/27 doing my morning rituals. Those rituals are usually the same. Wake and bake. Check on line for any new Rolling Stones news. Crank up whatever Stones related material I planned on listening to that morning. Walk and feed the dog. Get my son up and going for school or whatever he is into that day. Check on mom and dad. Normal people stuff.

Low and behold the rumor popped up on IORR about a private show. The rumors proved true and through my research I knew Belly Up was on. I don't need an excuse to do anything Stones related. I knew I was going, I had to set up a plan of attack. One of the first things I did was send an e-mail to the catering department of the BU stating that I would like to inspect their facility for an upcoming affair I was having. I told them I would give them a non-refundable deposit in whatever amount was necessary for the inspection. The only catch was that it had to be on 5/27 between 7pm and midnight. I also stated that I would get great Satisfaction if I could be Rolling into their club for the non-refundable inspection. I got no response in any way from anyone officially with the club. However, shortly thereafter, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be the head this or that at the club and that he said he could get me in. We vetted each other, with questions to see if both parties were serious. He seemed to be legit. I know I am. And there you have it, a match made in Stonesland. Now it was brass tax time. I asked him how much. His reply was twice Fonda. I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more". We made arrangements to meet in SD at the airport. Then I started making travel and hotel reservations.

I need to take a break. I will tell the rest, if you want me to. I just don't want to ramble. It is 9am, my body time (EDT) and 6am here in SD. (PDT). I m getting punchy. I just need to get my head together. I have to figure what my next move is. Checkout is 12pm local time. If I decide to leave.

Stop Lying maybe?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:57

If it's a hoax the guys an idiot. If it's true he's still an idiot for not being discreet.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:58

caschimann

While I was typing my story you were thinking the same thumbs up
It's so childish how this guy suggests some folks at BU would act in getting him in... These guys wouldn't take such a risk with an idiot like this coming in with such an email. Meet him at the airport...yeah...at what time? Please check the time schedule everyone. Start with Rokyfan's post in which he told it's in the BU. Count hours. Etc.
Conclusion: BS.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:00

Same as with the Fonda. I tried to subtly hint at it right from the start, but you all were too busy celebrating your new hero.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:00

TheBlockbuster
caschimann

I kind of agree. Especially this part seems very ''made up'' and unrealistic:

''I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more".''

But I hope I'm wrong.

Reminds of some movies I saw...

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:11

wow this thread has pulled a 180 since I last checked...

Date: May 28, 2015 18:14

I had a suspicion that onlystones is only a marketing plot... sorry onlystones if I am wrong. If you are real can you show some proof?
I wouldn't be surprised if there are huge Stones fans out there that just buy their way into whatever they want though.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:14

alieb
wow this thread has pulled a 180 since I last checked...

It's about time

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home