Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...210211212213214215216217218219220...LastNext
Current Page: 215 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor...is he in
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 18, 2018 12:48

Taylor and Wyman were invited because the Tour was the 50th anniversary, I believe.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 18, 2018 14:24

Too much of a headcase.
Back in the day and now unfortunately.

Love to see Wyman make an appearance though.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 18, 2018 14:54

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Can't see it myself, Keith clearly loves Mick Taylor being on-board but i don't get that vibe from Mick and Ron.

Jagger seemed annoyed at waiting for Taylor to finish his solo's when he guested before, i mean its ridiculous, being impatient with an amazing solo so that Mick can sing more . Like we don't get enough of Mick singing.confused smiley

Why not from Ron?

Possibly playing two gigs at the Ambassadors Theatre together in 2011, being a side man at Ronnie's solo session and solo show 2012, being a sideman at Ronnie's five solo shows in 2013, and playing a gig together in 2015 suggest a lack of love on Ronnie's part.

Date: April 18, 2018 15:21

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Can't see it myself, Keith clearly loves Mick Taylor being on-board but i don't get that vibe from Mick and Ron.

Jagger seemed annoyed at waiting for Taylor to finish his solo's when he guested before, i mean its ridiculous, being impatient with an amazing solo so that Mick can sing more . Like we don't get enough of Mick singing.confused smiley

Why not from Ron?

Possibly playing two gigs at the Ambassadors Theatre together in 2011, being a side man at Ronnie's solo session and solo show 2012, being a sideman at Ronnie's five solo shows in 2013, and playing a gig together in 2015 suggest a lack of love on Ronnie's part.

Yeah, it's no bounds for how long that snide remark from Ronnie after Taylor guested in 1981 will stick, seemingly smiling smiley

Date: April 18, 2018 15:38

I do think Ronnie was nervous some of the time when Taylor played solos onstage with the Stones. Ronnie's nervous when he plays his own solos, but Mick went off script (which was delightful) and that meant the tightly rehearsed parts for Chuck or lighting or the cameras went from flowing smoothly to the potential for mess-ups. That made Jagger uncomfortable since people who depend on predictability were now tense. It's hard to lead a band onstage, let alone steer a production when you have a musician who goes rogue - no matter how good he plays. Mick and Keith sometimes seemed to be smiling in amusement over Taylor losing himself on stage just as he did in 1973. It's not their comfort level as performers though Keith certainly extends solos and numbers to Jagger's irritation as well. I don't believe there's anything more to it than that. They knew what they were getting when they reached out to Taylor.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 18, 2018 16:16

I hate to bring up the argument that has been repeated over and over again in the Taylor thread, but I am gonna do it anyway. The fact that Taylor won't come back has nothing to do with Mick Jagger being uncomfortable or Ronnie not playing solos but because - wait for it - Mick Taylor left the band. More than 40 years ago, to be precise. Now, maybe one day they will take him back, very unlikely, but everybody is free to have his or her fantasies. But before that happens, they'd first have to fire Ron Wood. Which - as far as I know - is not going to happen. In any case, I doubt very much Taylor would want to come back.

Date: April 18, 2018 16:26

Sort of a moot point since Taylor 2012-14 was doing a guest spot. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that's all babyblue was asking/hoping for as well. That could happen any time with a number of players just as Florence Welch is returning to do a guest spot apparently.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 18, 2018 17:26

Taylor 2012-2014 was a special case, just like with Wyman.
The chance that they will invite one of the former singers from ABBA on stage are higher than inviting Taylor back.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2018 17:32

Probably a matter if whether they think Taylor sells tickets. No idea if it does or not, but I like it.

Date: April 18, 2018 18:18

matxil
The chance that they will invite one of the former singers from ABBA on stage are higher than inviting Taylor back.

Don't mess with my favourite version of "Some Girls". >grinning smiley<

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 18, 2018 18:30

They should bring Taylor back *with* Florence Welch on GS.... that would be fun. But I doubt it would happen...

Date: April 18, 2018 18:45

matxil

And with that, you won the debate. I concede everything to you. How could I possibly argue otherwise?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 18, 2018 19:49

Rocky Dijon
I do think Ronnie was nervous some of the time when Taylor played solos onstage with the Stones. Ronnie's nervous when he plays his own solos, but Mick went off script (which was delightful) and that meant the tightly rehearsed parts for Chuck or lighting or the cameras went from flowing smoothly to the potential for mess-ups. That made Jagger uncomfortable since people who depend on predictability were now tense. It's hard to lead a band onstage, let alone steer a production when you have a musician who goes rogue - no matter how good he plays. Mick and Keith sometimes seemed to be smiling in amusement over Taylor losing himself on stage just as he did in 1973. It's not their comfort level as performers though Keith certainly extends solos and numbers to Jagger's irritation as well. I don't believe there's anything more to it than that. They knew what they were getting when they reached out to Taylor.

The whole band goes rouge. Just the fact they’re up there live, no lip sync EVER, no ‘net’
is rouge.
But I get what you’re saying. I understand personally routines.

P.S.
Maybe Taylor does get a RS stipend/ pension.
We don’t know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-18 19:51 by 35love.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2018 20:06

It's wishful thinking...
Personally, I hope that he is not in.
Sadly...too much of a distraction.

Long Live The Rolling Stones.

Date: April 18, 2018 20:15

Kurt
It's wishful thinking...

Fan deformation at its worst.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 18, 2018 20:23

TheflyingDutchman
Kurt
It's wishful thinking...

drinking smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2018 20:49

TheflyingDutchman
Kurt
It's wishful thinking...

Historical negationism at its finest.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: April 18, 2018 21:51

i wanted to hear Taylor on the boot of the 2002 sessions. impossible for oooooooodles of reasons, but he would improve all the tracks with counter point playing

Yeah - what a missed opportunity. Still, we heard CYHMK played proper and MR played like a monster. all the songs he played on live 2012 - 2014 sounded better for him being in amongst it, even as a sideman ala streets of love, slipping away
Satisfaction doesn't count as in audible

Think live, it made Ronnie uncomfortable, and possibly may have disrupted the established recording pattern they've had for the last 40 years (which for me would been a jolt they needed)

play CYHMK live with ronnie (pro recorded/post mixed mind)and straight after play CYHMK live @ Glastonbury. Difference is night and day to surely any decent musician.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 18, 2018 22:12

.02 cents from the peanut gallery:

I was in front of Ronnie 2015 Zipcode
and he smoked CYHMK
and Karl Denson on sax as well.
I listen to ‘Sticky Fonda’ 2015 CYHMK
and dig it.

Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate Taylor or RIP forever Bobby Keys.

Date: April 18, 2018 22:32

<play CYHMK live with ronnie (pro recorded/post mixed mind)and straight after play CYHMK live @ Glastonbury. Difference is night and day to surely any decent musician>

Yeah, they're two different persons and musicians, so there is a difference smiling smiley

Love the short and sweet Sticky Fingers Live-version, btw. Glastonbury not so much. Staples Center was way better, imo.

Date: April 19, 2018 00:18

yeah granted both different types of players and your right the Staples version is also great - maybe a case of different horses for different courses.

I think what i mean is Ronnie is a great rhythm player who really synch's superbly well with (and some would say live 'helps out')Keith, his lead playing is also great but for me not as much as his rhythm/lead style. I think that's were his natural skill/inclination to play is for me. Mick plays more reactive/counterpoint style to Keith, and for me his natural inclination sonically, seems mainly an octave above where Ronnie natural places his fingers.

Think they're both great, I'm coming to terms with the missed opportunity 2012/14 musically that was there for all 3 guitarists. They all naturally look and feel like they play both on the fret, and stylistically in areas sympathetic to each others, but whilst still having their own individual area. 3 ebbing and flowing zones sometimes overlapping sometimes separating sometimes going in or out.

Thats what I'm abit sad about. i love that stuff

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 19, 2018 00:32

DandelionPowderman

Yeah, they're two different persons and musicians, so there is a difference smiling smiley

Love the short and sweet Sticky Fingers Live-version, btw. Glastonbury not so much. Staples Center was way better, imo.

I will always be grateful that I got to experience it live. I did get the feeling that Mick was trying to rush Taylor and Keys along during their solos, but that could have been Mick's way of moving about the stage, he almost seemed lost when he has to stand on stage for 3 or 4 minutes and not doing anything. Personally, if the stretched it into 15 minutes, I would have been totally fine with it. Also being there is a little different experience than watching it on the television screen.

Date: April 19, 2018 01:17

BluzDude
DandelionPowderman

I will always be grateful that I got to experience it live. I did get the feeling that Mick was trying to rush Taylor and Keys along during their solos, but that could have been Mick's way of moving about the stage, he almost seemed lost when he has to stand on stage for 3 or 4 minutes and not doing anything. Personally, if the stretched it into 15 minutes, I would have been totally fine with it. Also being there is a little different experience than watching it on the television screen.

yeah i think you might be right, this might shave it [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 19, 2018 01:59

I'm grateful I got to see him with the band during the 50 and counting tour, but I can't see a return.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 19, 2018 03:04

matxil
I hate to bring up the argument that has been repeated over and over again in the Taylor thread, but I am gonna do it anyway. The fact that Taylor won't come back has nothing to do with Mick Jagger being uncomfortable or Ronnie not playing solos but because - wait for it - Mick Taylor left the band. More than 40 years ago, to be precise. Now, maybe one day they will take him back, very unlikely, but everybody is free to have his or her fantasies. But before that happens, they'd first have to fire Ron Wood. Which - as far as I know - is not going to happen. In any case, I doubt very much Taylor would want to come back.

They wouldn't have to fire Ronnie. He could more over to bass guitar. He played bass with Jeff Beck. He could still play guitar on some numbers.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 19, 2018 03:07

keithsman

From what I have read and heard, Charlie is Taylor's biggest advocate.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 19, 2018 03:11

babyblue
Will Mick ask Taylor to play a few dates in UK? Would be nice or is it wishful thinking?
no it is wishful thinking

Date: April 19, 2018 03:12

nick
He certainly is needed.
he is indeed. badly needed.

Date: April 19, 2018 03:12

nick
The "Brand" needs him the whole show.
That would be sweet

Date: April 19, 2018 03:13

Monsoon Ragoon
He is retired. Look at nzentgraf.de. In 2017 he did NOTHING.
very true

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...210211212213214215216217218219220...LastNext
Current Page: 215 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home