Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...212213214215216217218219220221222...LastNext
Current Page: 217 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: April 20, 2018 00:34

Keith starts those two songs by himself, though. It's hard for Charlie to increase the tempo smiling smiley

Re: Mick Taylor...is he in
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 20, 2018 00:39

Hairball
keithsman
Jagger constantly fast walking all over the place and waving all the time pisses me off.

Lol...I can hear the Mick brigade sharpening their spears at this comment.
Be careful keithsman! winking smiley

Pisses me off gettin’ crook in my neck following, cuz I cannot take my eyes off.
Actually I’m not pissed (mad) nor drunk, are you Keithsman?
Because saying Mick’s moves are predictable is horse manure
Chicks dig ‘Miss You’ and Daryl gets a jam base, sexy lights, kiss up on your wife or something...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 20, 2018 00:44

35love
Hairball
keithsman
Jagger constantly fast walking all over the place and waving all the time pisses me off.

Pisses me off gettin’ crook in my neck following, cuz I cannot take my eyes off.
Chicks dig ‘Miss You’ and Daryl gets a jam base, sexy lights, kiss up on your wife or something...

Ok lol i'll take your kind advice 35 love.sad smiley

Not pissed , probably mad though winking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 20, 2018 01:11

keithsman
35love
Hairball
keithsman

Ok lol i'll take your kind advice 35 love.sad smiley

Not pissed , probably mad though winking smiley

Well I am mad (in the head/foolish, enthusiastic) ;-)

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 20, 2018 01:17

keithsman
GAFF
keithsman
Hairball
keithsman

Someone needs to admit it, its true, his stage movements are so rehearsed i know exactly what he will do and where he will go on every song.
The one that pisses me off the most is Miss You. OMG how can you keep playing that one and leave great songs like Memory Motel out, just because it gives Mick his chance to show his aerobics workout.

Keith gets plenty of flak on here from posters with no trouble, why is it Mick and Ronnie are a protected species.

IMO the only one deserving of zero criticism is Charlie.

My only criticism of Charlie would be that due to age he has slowed the tempo of the Stones down a bit of late, it really shows at the start of these mini tours on tracks like Brown Sugar and JJF, but after half a dozen shows Keith seems to push him on and up to speed. Some would say this slow tempo is to help Keith along but i'm not buying into that one. Keith ends up driving the band along and up to speed imho.

According to Bill, Charlie actually followed Keith, and Bill follows slightly behind Charlie, producing a "wobble" effect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 01:18 by GAFF.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:26

I fondly recall the wobble. It died a sad and prolonged death in 1982. It wasn't actually apparent it was gone until 1989, though. Admittedly, the introduction of the click track on UNDERCOVER makes it obvious in retrospect.

My apologies to Jah Wobble and those who loved him.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 20, 2018 03:07

GAFF

According to Bill, Charlie actually followed Keith, and Bill follows slightly behind Charlie, producing a "wobble" effect.

If I recall Wyman's description of 'wobble' right, and what my ears also say, is that Bill is not slightly behind Charlie, but slightly ahead the beat, that is, he is even anticipating what Keith does. Keith is the center and ring-leader there, Charlie a bit behind and Wyman a bit ahead. That's the 'wobble'.

But as Rocky Dijon said, RIP Wobble. He died as young, but his legend will live forever.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 03:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 19:55

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2018 21:28

schillid

I bet he could even play a great solo just by using that spinning "gadget" on it's own - no hands necessary for MT! lol.

Date: April 21, 2018 23:12

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 25, 2018 22:22

Most psychotic Taylor solo ever, drop in at 3:30 if you want to skip the Mayall part..love Ronnie Wood but he never played like this..brilliant Cream/Clapton adaptation from a teenager(!!!)....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 25, 2018 22:34

Reminds me of the old Jefferson Airplane sound a bit.

Date: April 26, 2018 12:20

Taylor's finest moment, imo. Tender and melodical, as a counter part to Keith's brutal riffing:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 26, 2018 13:05

DandelionPowderman
Taylor's finest moment, imo. Tender and melodical, as a counter part to Keith's brutal riffing:

[www.youtube.com]

Oh man... I think that is the greatest moment ever captured from the whole band ever guitar-wise! The way Keith hits those bluesy 'brutal riffs' with that sloooooww tempo and perfect timing and wonderful sound is something I miss in any other "Rambler" versions (it is close sometimes, but never exactly perfect like here). It is just so majestic-like - transcendental! And then Taylor's lyricism as a counter force... It is probably for this section alone why BRUSSELS one is the definitive version for me. I still recall when I first time heard it - it stuck into mind ever since.

Can rock and roll played any better than what those two guys do there?

Oh man...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-26 13:09 by Doxa.

Date: April 27, 2018 22:57

Glad to see Kleermaker is still around. He uploaded this gem today.

Midnight Rambler ' 72, splendid Audio Quality.

Date: April 30, 2018 14:51

Hadn't heard this version of TWFNO before..

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 30, 2018 18:36

Rocky Dijon
I fondly recall the wobble. It died a sad and prolonged death in 1982.

Jagger would tell you the wobble (and the booze and other "things") were the reason why some gigs were spectacular and some others were a disaster. London'82 comes to mind: the 1st night was mind-blowing the 2nd was embarrassing.

From 1989 on the Stones became a professional band : the $takes$ were huge, the gigs had to be reliable, the performers had to be reasonably clean as per Jagger's will. I'm sure he didn't quite miss the wobble...

Since 1989 the Stones live music isn't dangerous anymore, it's reliable. There's no bad/disaster gig anymore.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 30, 2018 19:30

DandelionPowderman
Hadn't heard this version of TWFNO before..

[www.youtube.com]

Amazing playing. It would have been so cool to have played that when he toured with the Stones 2013-13. Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2018 19:51

I, for sure, will miss the inaudible acoustic guitar strumming on Satisfaction. The song will not be the same without it...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 30, 2018 20:44

Stoneage
I, for sure, will miss the inaudible acoustic guitar strumming on Satisfaction. The song will not be the same without it...
Yeah, I loved that one! Reminded me of Brians guitar playing on Beggars and Let it bleed. -Made a huge differencedrinking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 1, 2018 22:30

Stoneage

For one brief shining moment, it was like having Blondie back.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 1, 2018 23:12

Rocky Dijon
Stoneage

For one brief shining moment, it was like having Blondie back.

Actually, that wás Blondie playing ...underneath the stage.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 1, 2018 23:16

Stoneage

Can you imagine Buddy Guy playing an acoustic guitar on Satisfaction?

Date: May 11, 2018 14:26

Alvin Lee & Mick Taylor, Kiel, 1981.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 14:26 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 11, 2018 18:00

One of MT's greatest solos away from stones, mayall and his other body of work was on can,t stop -

Date: May 11, 2018 22:19

Mick Taylor - 1987 - Mississauga. ending with a nice short acoustic "blind willie mctell" 1:27:00

Thanks for sharing Master Eddie thumbs up

What's Mick Taylor been up to?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 11, 2018 04:38

Any news on Mick? He's been quiet since the 50 and counting shows. Is he playing at all, anywhere?

Re: What's Mick Taylor been up to?
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 11, 2018 18:05

jazzbass
Any news on Mick? He's been quiet since the 50 and counting shows. Is he playing at all, anywhere?

He retired on £500k he got for touring with the Stones 50th anniversary tour.winking smiley

But no seriously its a real shame Mick doesn't get it together with some friends and play some gigs.
He was playing so well with the Stones, maybe it depressed him a bit that they didn't use him much and then he didn't get invited to the Stones exhibition thing in time, it's my guess that he is disenchanted with the business.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 11, 2018 19:10

keithsman
jazzbass

He retired on £500k he got for touring with the Stones 50th anniversary tour.winking smiley

My guess is got one million dollars. A nice round number. I hope the Rolling Stones office gave him sound advice on the taxes paid.

I hope Ol Mick had a good time during the tour. Seeing all these different cities.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 11, 2018 19:56

A new set of teeth, cutting the grass and mending the Vauxhall?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...212213214215216217218219220221222...LastNext
Current Page: 217 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home