Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:13

Keno
is a tool

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:16

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Nobody here thought Keith made this up, either.

We can agree that Keith's comments in the RS interview weren't him going rogue: a decision had clearly been taken to spread rumours about Taylor's health through several channels, and Keith was just one part of that. But this doesn't get him a free pass on saying what he did.

He played his part, obviously.

When I said (concluding based on logic only) that the rumour was spread intentionally by the Stones camp (Keith included), some people here thought that was an outrageous accusation. But in the end it is not.

Date: April 28, 2015 15:21

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

We can agree that Keith's comments in the RS interview weren't him going rogue: a decision had clearly been taken to spread rumours about Taylor's health through several channels, and Keith was just one part of that. But this doesn't get him a free pass on saying what he did.

When I said (concluding based on logic only) that the rumour was spread intentionally by the Stones camp (Keith included), some people here thought that was an outrageous accusation. But in the end it is not.

We don't have any more information now than we had when you jumped to that conclusion. Let's not forget that.

If Keith was told Taylor couldn't tour because he was sick, it wouldn't be intentionally to spread a rumour, would it?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:45

DoomandGloom
Keno
is a tool

With apologies to Lester Bangs...Keno's post is pumped up with so much hot air it threatens to float off over the horizon like an air-logged jellyfish.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 15:46 by palerider22.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:45

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
To me the most comforting part to read is that MT has people that (I assume) seem to represent him. Very good, we'll see him playing very soon then, with or without the Stones.thumbs up

Like you didn't know winking smiley

No, I don't. Only Taylor does, and he doesn't post here.

Date: April 28, 2015 15:54

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
To me the most comforting part to read is that MT has people that (I assume) seem to represent him. Very good, we'll see him playing very soon then, with or without the Stones.thumbs up

Is Taylor the only one who knows he has people representing him - what about those people? smiling smiley

Date: April 28, 2015 16:16

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones

Is Taylor the only one who knows he has people representing him - what about those people? smiling smiley

Taylor is ultimate responsible for the things that happen in his life: with whom he his playing, how he is playing and eventually people that represent him. Even the things he did with Ron Wood and the Rolling Stones this decade. I think he could have done better.

Date: April 28, 2015 16:26

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones

Taylor is ultimate responsible for the things that happen in his life: with whom he his playing, how he is playing and eventually people that represent him. Even the things he did with Ron Wood and the Rolling Stones this decade. I think he could have done better.

Yep, in the end it's Taylor himself who decides what he does and doesn't. He seems to have posted on FB that he "unfortunately" wasn't invited for the next tour. We should accept that just like he said it. But it would be nice if he told some more about the rumours and even better if he would play those Sticky Stones tunes. But he's a free man and he can do what he want.

Date: April 28, 2015 16:30

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

We don't have any more information now than we had when you jumped to that conclusion. Let's not forget that.

If Keith was told Taylor couldn't tour because he was sick, it wouldn't be intentionally to spread a rumour, would it?

Well I guess Keith isn't mentally ill and that means he should have shut up instead of telling other peoples tales without verifying. You may be his fan, but your position towards Keith here tends to fanboyship, which we hate, don't we?

Date: April 28, 2015 16:43

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Well I guess Keith isn't mentally ill and that means he should have shut up instead of telling other peoples tales without verifying. You may be his fan, but your position towards Keith here tends to fanboyship, which we hate, don't we?

Nothing to do with that, but if you think a little further you'll find that Mick first hinted it, and then Keith said it. Why do you think that happened?

I suspect they acted like planned, and I have serious doubts about Keith being the "brain" behind this "masterplan".

So you can believe what you want, but if you indeed listened to both those interviews I'm sure you're able to add two and two together.

BTW, do we "hate" being fans of the Rolling Stones? When did that happen? I'm a HUGE fan of both Mick's and Keith's. Proudly so.

But I don't particularly like any side of this supposed conflict. They didn't have to say anything. They could have just said "No, he's not with us this time round". No need to explain anything, as he isn't in the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 16:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2015 16:56

DoomandGloom
Keno
is a tool

I've just read his rant and his blaming (sort of) of the European board he says he doesn't read.

I think I may have indicated in a way earlier post that Keno/his sources were credible.

While that may be true, I would concur he is certainly a tool

Date: April 28, 2015 17:05

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Nothing to do with that, but if you think a little further you'll find that Mick first hinted it, and then Keith said it. Why do you think that happened?

I suspect they acted like planned, and I have serious doubts about Keith being the "brain" behind this "masterplan".

So you can believe what you want, but if you indeed listened to both those interviews I'm sure you're able to add two and two together.

BTW, do we "hate" being fans of the Rolling Stones? When did that happen? I'm a HUGE fan of both Mick's and Keith's. Proudly so.

But I don't particularly like any side of this supposed conflict. They didn't have to say anything. They could have just said "No, he's not with us this time round". No need to explain anything, as he isn't in the band.

Of course Keith is not the brain behind this Stones rumour campaign concerning Taylor, but he is just as responsible as Jagger and whoever runs the company.

btw: I was talking about fanboyship, not about being a fan. I also think it's kinda childish to be a fan of a person. So I'm not a fan of Taylor. My goodness, that would be ridiculous! I'm a fan of much of his music, that's a different story. I don't take fans of persons serious. They're prejudiced per se.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:18

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Of course Keith is not the brain behind this Stones rumour campaign concerning Taylor, but he is just as responsible as Jagger and whoever runs the company.

btw: I was talking about fanboyship, not about being a fan. I also think it's kinda childish to be a fan of a person. So I'm not a fan of Taylor. My goodness, that would be ridiculous! I'm a fan of much of his music, that's a different story. I don't take fans of persons serious. They're prejudiced per se.

LOL!

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:20

Well anyone that reads Keno's post should know that he is no fan of either Mick (Jagger) or Keith. It's a very complicated relationship he has with the Stones. He may have loved them at one time but not anymore.

He also may have some key contacts inside the Stones camp but none that are close to either Jagger or Richards. Finally, he seems to take everything at face value that he may hear from his contacts, especially if it's critical of either Mick or Keith.

If you don't believe me, pay close attention to anything that is ever discussed on at Gasland about Brian. He absolutely worships Brian. And will challenge anything or anybody that has anything negative to say about him.

He also very much reads this board and others (Rocks Off). He is very concerned about his own image and how he's preceived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 17:25 by LoveYouLive.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:29

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

LOL!

What's to laugh about so loudly Dandy: self mockery perhaps? No I'm not a fan of Taylor as a person, but a fan of much of his guitar playing and music. But obviously you don't see the difference. In fact I rather hate Taylor for leaving the Stones, crippling the band by doing so.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:31

DandelionPowderman

He seems to have posted on FB that he "unfortunately" wasn't invited for the next tour. We should accept that just like he said it.

Are you sure it was Taylor himself who wrote like that on a MT FB fanpage? smiling smiley He must have lost his pride then, imo.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:35

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

He seems to have posted on FB that he "unfortunately" wasn't invited for the next tour. We should accept that just like he said it.

Are you sure it was Taylor himself who wrote like that on a MT FB fanpage? smiling smiley He must have lost his pride then, imo.

"He" is in this case just a way of saying that his people did it. I'm sure you also can find one of my posts saying that he doesn't post there himself, right? winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:36

Talking about fanship, maybe it is advantageous to distinguish between the acts of idealizing and idolizing somebody.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:36

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

LOL!

What's to laugh about so loudly Dandy: self mockery perhaps? No I'm not a fan of Taylor as a person, but a fan of much of his guitar playing and music. But obviously you don't see the difference. In fact I rather hate Taylor for leaving the Stones, crippling the band by doing so.

Because you're obsessed with one person, while I'm obsessed with the whole band.

That sentence, coming from you, gave me a great laugh, Thanks a lot! thumbs up

Date: April 28, 2015 17:37

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

"He" is in this case just a way of saying that his people did it. I'm sure you also can find one of my posts saying that he doesn't post there himself, right? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 17:45 by LuxuryStones.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:39

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

No I'm not sure, neither am I about his pride. But if he had, he could step up and tell his point of view, in order to end all rumours. Agreed?

Date: April 28, 2015 17:43

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

LOL!

Because you're obsessed with one person, while I'm obsessed with the whole band.

That sentence, coming from you, gave me a great laugh, Thanks a lot! thumbs up

Don't try to psychologize Dandy, it won't work on me. I'm not obsessed by Taylor at all and you know it. In fact I'm critical about him. You can ask me and get a lengthy list, starting with his decision to leave the Stones.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:45

"Obsessed" in a good way, kleerie.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:47

DandelionPowderman

But if so, then by his music and guitar playing, not by the man himself.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:48

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

No I'm not sure, neither am I about his pride. But if he had, he could step up and tell his point of view, in order to end all rumours. Agreed?

Taylor didn't write that. My other quote was taken out of context.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:49

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Enough musical obsession to qualify as a fanboy. That is beyond any doubt. Be proud.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:53

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Enough musical obsession to qualify as a fanboy. That is beyond any doubt. Be proud.

I said: if so. I wouldn't call it obsession. I love Mozart's music as well, but I'm not obsessed by it nor am I a fan of the man himself. And didn't I say that I'm also very critical? You could have read it even here, during the Midnight Rambler tours he made last years. Besides I find it rather annoying Taylor being silent all the time and especially now. He may have his reason(s), but it's annoying anyway. We still have had no answer from Taylor to our urgent question:
What's on YOUR mind right now ...!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 17:56 by kleermaker.

Date: April 28, 2015 17:55

kleermaker

Agreed.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 28, 2015 18:00

kleermaker
We still have had no answer from Taylor to our urgent question:
What's on YOUR mind right now ...!

Ah, so that question was directed at Taylor himself!
And there we been blabbering on for 72 pages...

Date: April 28, 2015 19:10

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

That would be a fulltime job..grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home