Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 28, 2015 19:22

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
To me the most comforting part to read is that MT has people that (I assume) seem to represent him. Very good, we'll see him playing very soon then, with or without the Stones.thumbs up

Like you didn't know winking smiley

No, I don't. Only Taylor does, and he doesn't post here.

Is Taylor the only one who knows he has people representing him - what about those people? smiling smiley

Taylor is ultimate responsible for the things that happen in his life: with whom he his playing, how he is playing and eventually people that represent him. Even the things he did with Ron Wood and the Rolling Stones this decade. I think he could have done better.

Taylor's involvement in the upcoming tour, or lack thereof, clearly wasn't within his control. Still, in principle, I don't disagree. A public statement from him anytime in the past few months would have put a stop to this incessant bullshit. Instead he's persisted with having his people brief against the Stones (and apparently now against this board) through a Facebook group and via email. Only he knows why.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 28, 2015 19:43

My guess would be he's trying to lay low in hopes that something might change at the 11th hour. Any negative talk attributed to him would probably kill any chance he has of playing a role at all this year.

Date: April 28, 2015 19:46

LuxuryStones
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

He seems to have posted on FB that he "unfortunately" wasn't invited for the next tour. We should accept that just like he said it.

Are you sure it was Taylor himself who wrote like that on a MT FB fanpage? smiling smiley He must have lost his pride then, imo.

"He" is in this case just a way of saying that his people did it. I'm sure you also can find one of my posts saying that he doesn't post there himself, right? winking smiley

That would be a fulltime job..grinning smiley

LOL! Yeah, but I know you know smiling smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 28, 2015 20:21

Well i think i am right in thinking that Roger Daltreys mate Pete posts on here from time to time so you never know!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 20:27 by geordiestone.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 20:26

StonesCat
My guess would be he's trying to lay low in hopes that something might change at the 11th hour. Any negative talk attributed to him would probably kill any chance he has of playing a role at all this year.
agree

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 21:09

DoomandGloom
StonesCat
agree
I would if I were him...don't blame him for not speaking out...and we probably shouldn't be putting any pressure on his 'camp'...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 28, 2015 21:16

My guess is he's laying low because aside from this small fan base, no one cares what he's doing. Before 2012 we heard just as much from him. Its not odd that he's not talking. I don't think its cause he wants to get called at the 11th hour. I think its cause he doesn't have anything to talk about and no one's really asking him questions. Same as he's always been.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 28, 2015 21:23

RollingFreak
My guess is he's laying low because aside from this small fan base, no one cares what he's doing. Before 2012 we heard just as much from him. Its not odd that he's not talking. I don't think its cause he wants to get called at the 11th hour. I think its cause he doesn't have anything to talk about and no one's really asking him questions. Same as he's always been.

after two years back with the Rolling Stones, he's got nothing to talk about?

its one thing to not be talking...that's different from saying nobody is asking questions..

Taylor just isn't the media personality who goes on talk shows..

although a lot of us wish he would, and I reckon he would if he got something together to promote..

Date: April 28, 2015 21:29

He was at Fallon and Howard Stern fairly recently, though, but I agree. He doesn't strike me as the kiss and tell-type..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 28, 2015 21:49

duke richardson
although a lot of us wish he would, and I reckon he would if he got something together to promote..

Yeah without a band or new music or even a new project, the talk and questions would center on the Stones. He's already told us he enjoyed playing on the last tour and he wasn't invited on this one, not sure there is much more to that story.

But... I think his fan base is probably as big as it's been in the last 20 years and many of us want to hear what his plans for he future are and if we can expect to see him live in 2015.

Just laying low like he has done in the past somehow doesn't cut it for me. Now that he has been thrown into the limelight again, I think our expectations of him have gone up a bit. His opportunity to meet those expectations is happening now. I hope his enthusiasm for his own career hasn't diminished due to his age and what will obviously be somewhat of a comedown after touring with the Stones, but I'm afraid both those things are a factor.

peace

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 28, 2015 22:15

StonesCat

nothing is changing, he's laying low so the checks from the stones don't stop.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 28, 2015 22:29

DandelionPowderman
He was at Fallon and Howard Stern fairly recently, though, but I agree. He doesn't strike me as the kiss and tell-type..

Wasn't he just on Fallon with Stern as a guest that night...three years ago? I don't consider that fairly recently. Love to see him on Howard's show because no doubt Howard would ask all the tough questions and probably get Mick to talk. Howard may be a bit of an immature jerk but he does have a way of cutting through the fluff and getting to the interesting and often controversial content.

peace

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 22:44

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

Wasn't he just on Fallon with Stern as a guest that night...three years ago? I don't consider that fairly recently. Love to see him on Howard's show because no doubt Howard would ask all the tough questions and probably get Mick to talk. Howard may be a bit of an immature jerk but he does have a way of cutting through the fluff and getting to the interesting and often controversial content.

peace

The last time he talked to Mick Taylor Howard asked him if he's going to form a group with Pete Best...I don't think MT thought it was funny at the time...

Date: April 28, 2015 23:01

that album John Scofield made with Medeski Martin & Wood-

A Go-Go..

that's a format for Mick Taylor that would really work, imo..

small band, bluesy improv, funky too, bring it on..

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:05

Stoneburst
No, he's just delivered: [www.keno.org]

Wow...that is one very long rant. Skip it if you can resist.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:06

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace

Maybe I misunderstood the reports back then. Three years ago could be right. I thought he was on Howard's show as well.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:09

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace

That's totally correct. Stern, by the way, showed how much he loves and respects Taylor as a guitarist, and got some answers from Taylor as well if I recall correctly. That Fallon guy had nothing to say, just a nobody, but Howard S. seems to me the guy to be with for Taylor.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:12

Do you know who Stern is, kleerie?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:16

DandelionPowderman

I saw him talking with Taylor in Fallon's show and I found it funny. Taylor responded nicely too. But do I have to know the man, supposed it's possible?

Date: April 28, 2015 23:18

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I saw him talking with Taylor in Fallon's show and I found it funny. Taylor responded nicely too. But do I have to know the man, supposed it's possible?

I mean what he usually does, how he treats people and how his "radio show" is?

Date: April 28, 2015 23:23

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I mean what he usually does, how he treats people and how his "radio show" is?
Do you? I mean know what he usually does or how he treats people on his radio show? Most of his guests come on over and over, so he probably treats them well, I would say. Like any successful comedian, some people think he goes too far with his humor, but "how he treats people"? You are off base there.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:24

duke richardson

A Go-Go..

Scofield as a one chord guy, very rare.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:26

I've heard him enough times to know a jerk when I see and hear him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 23:36 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:28

LuxuryStones
duke richardson

A Go-Go..

Scofield as a one chord guy, very rare.

hey they were having fun..

what do you mean Scofield as a one chord guy?

there were at least four chords on that album...cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 23:34 by duke richardson.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:30

DandelionPowderman
I've heard him enough times to know I jerk when I see and hear him.

you really did not mean that

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:35

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman

A must for every Stones fan. Either you jerk or vomit

Date: April 28, 2015 23:38

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman

A very embarrassing typo grinning smiley

"A" is the letter, not "I".

You buggers! smiling smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:44

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman

really you don't like Sco ?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:47

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman

taylorites might say its a normal day listening to the great man...

Date: April 28, 2015 23:57

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman

really you don't like Sco ?

Scofield? I was talking about Stern...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home