Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:54

bv
I am not saying they will do these three nights for sure, but all I am saying it makes sense. And what I am saying is ... if you can ... this summer will be special ... be there ... if you can.

Sounds very intriguing

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:13

bv
Some guests are permanent for the tour and for every show, like Chuck, Darryl, Bernard, Lisa, Tim and Karl.

Guests seems a bit understated for people who have been solid musicians with the Stones for many years now. Although they are not officially Stones they are often as important for the live shows..I think long time side-men (and women) is a more fitting description. Guest insinuates they are not necessary for the band and people like Darryl and Chuck have become indispensable. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-25 05:15 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:47

mtaylor
Hi BV. All this talk about Mick T not being on this years tour, any news?

The facebook page this "news" is taken from is a fan page. Mick Taylor has his own verified facebook page and there is no news on it about him not playing on the upcoming tour. The owner, a fan, of the fan page replies to a message and everybody takes it as gospel...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 25, 2015 07:20

DREAMTIME
I just got a call telling me 3 nights at Forest Hills (14,000) Queens, NYC!
(where they have played before in '65)

Is there a subway stop near this venue?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 25, 2015 08:12

Donkey Girl Scout
If their North American tour is only June and July, why would they do only stadiums? Sounds like too short a time to bring out a big stadium stage.
They have always done the American stadium tours starting late August, early September since 1989 and it went on to sometime in November.
you know they won't use the scaled down stages that they use in Europe and etc.

If they are indeed playing stadium shows, it will be very similar to the setup they had in Europe, Adelaide, Hunter Valley and Auckland.
Do not expect a big production like A Bigger Bang or U2 360.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 25, 2015 09:24

flacnvinyl
No matter what happens, we can give thanks that so far Blondie has not been playing phantom guitar on the recent tour.. that we know of.

Didn't Blondie simply strum the acoustic guitar?

Date: February 25, 2015 09:27

swimtothemoon
flacnvinyl
No matter what happens, we can give thanks that so far Blondie has not been playing phantom guitar on the recent tour.. that we know of.

Didn't Blondie simply strum the acoustic guitar?

Occasionally electric, but with clean sound only.

give thanks to ron wood
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 25, 2015 02:33

with another u.s. stones tour upon us, give thanks to ron wood, because if they would have hired any other guitarist to replace mick taylor, other than ron wood,their would be no tour, their would be no rolling stones other than in our memory, he has played go-between peacemaker, with jagger and Richard,thats a fun job for sure, he brought a calmness to the band, not to mention a pretty good guitar player,and great on stage, so with all the whining about who might not be there,give thanks to who is Ronnie wood,

Re: give thanks to ron wood
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 02:54

he also claims to have saved the band, which is probably true.

he was the best man for the job at that time.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 25, 2015 02:54

Yes, Ronnie is a great musical companion to Keith and Charlie.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 25, 2015 03:54

Long live Ron! We love you!!!!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 25, 2015 03:59

thanks ron

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:09

Love his spirit, his willingness to be the team player he is, his talent ( visual art included )and his badass playing. When I listen to 'Miss Judy's Farm'... so many others... His solo albums, and oh yeah his regular job for 40 years..
The man is great.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:19

Thanks Ron.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: February 25, 2015 06:17

Ronnie is one of my favourite guitarist of all times. Thanks for everything you have given us with the Jeff Beck Group, Faces/Rod solo, your own solo work and the Stones!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2015 06:23

Ronnie Wood.

Great musician.
Talented artist.

And by all accounts a helluva guy.

Much admiration and respect.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 06:36

dgodkin
with another u.s. stones tour upon us, give thanks to ron wood, because if they would have hired any other guitarist to replace mick taylor, other than ron wood,their would be no tour, their would be no rolling stones other than in our memory, he has played go-between peacemaker, with jagger and Richard,thats a fun job for sure, he brought a calmness to the band, not to mention a pretty good guitar player,and great on stage, so with all the whining about who might not be there,give thanks to who is Ronnie wood,

I love Ron, but disagree with this myth that there would be no Stones now without him.

The Stones are still going because of one man, and one man only, and that man is Mick Jagger! Who else could put up with Keiths constant public bitchiness, and not only not respond to it, but keep the band going.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 08:30

strat72
dgodkin

I love Ron, but disagree with this myth that there would be no Stones now without him.

The Stones are still going because of one man, and one man only, and that man is Mick Jagger! Who else could put up with Keiths constant public bitchiness, and not only not respond to it, but keep the band going.
. Agree

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 25, 2015 09:19

Ron is amazing when he has the freedom. The cutting room shows showed ron at his
Best on guitar, harmonica and vocals. He has fought his personal demons and won.
I think in many ways he has been responsible for keeping the band together. Jagger is the "task master" and Ronnie is the "peace keeper".

Date: February 25, 2015 09:20

strat72
dgodkin

Have you heard Keith bitch about Charlie? Ronnie? Bill? Perhaps a little about Bill, but my point is that he had to keep up with Mick's behavior as well. It usually takes two to tango smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 25, 2015 10:06

The Stones are a team.

They are also like brothers, and anyone who has a brother will know that you don't get on great all of the time, but love each other most of the time.

At this stage of the game ,I feel that if any one of them decides to call it a day and retire from live Stones gigs, that will be it.

Ronnie is the least likely to call it a day as he obviously still loves playing live and is the youngest.

We have to face it ,that Charlie has a very physical job as a guy over 70, and I count my blessings that this great band are still around and are really playing a great live show these days. >grinning smiley<

Date: February 25, 2015 10:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-25 10:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:49

I would be amazed if they didn't play MSG this time around. Probably one of the few places in the world they could sell out at the very highest ticket prices.

Is there any actual "concrete rumours" that they are planning a SF based set ? What exactly will that mean ?.......

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Dead Flowers
Wild Horses.....................done

Oh! and maybe CYHMK without Taylor or Bobby ? No Thanks.confused smiley

sc uk

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 25, 2015 12:30

straycatuk
I would be amazed if they didn't play MSG this time around. Probably one of the few places in the world they could sell out at the very highest ticket prices.

Is there any actual "concrete rumours" that they are planning a SF based set ? What exactly will that mean ?.......

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Dead Flowers

sc uk

Hmm yes, we HAVE heard an awful lot of those over the years - agree.

Yes - not a particularly enthralling prospect, although it IS always a pleasure to hear this song nevertheless ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 25, 2015 12:36

paulywaul
straycatuk

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Dead Flowers

sc uk

Yes - not a particularly enthralling prospect, although it IS always a pleasure to hear this song nevertheless ...

thumbs up We shouldn't forget that. The song is more than those two solos..

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 25, 2015 13:10

DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
straycatuk

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Dead Flowers

sc uk

thumbs up We shouldn't forget that. The song is more than those two solos..

...ànd Ronnie did a much, múch more-than-decent job with his one, in 2003.

Date: February 25, 2015 13:22

Some nice stuff by Ronnie on this rehearsal:

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 25, 2015 13:59

DandelionPowderman
strat72
dgodkin

Have you heard Keith bitch about Charlie? Ronnie? Bill? Perhaps a little about Bill, but my point is that he had to keep up with Mick's behavior as well. It usually takes two to tango smiling smiley

And usually in tango one leads and one follows.
KR has to be in this dance but he knows he can't lead.
MJ has to be in this dance and knows he leads. He's the only one who can but he doesn't misuse his position.
We all know what KR is doing...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 25, 2015 14:30

Hmm.. this thread has turned to be some kind of Ronnie Wood praisal thing... I guess there is some sort of logic in there, even though I cannot see that (a confirmation that Mick Taylor is out for good, and we need to cope with that?)

- Doxa

Date: February 25, 2015 14:33

Doxa
Hmm.. this thread has turned to be some kind of Ronnie Wood praisal thing... I guess there is some sort of logic in there, even though I cannot see that (a confirmation that Mick Taylor is out for good, and we need to cope with that?)

- Doxa

Bjørnulf merged the "thank you, Ronnie-thread" with the tour thread, for some reason...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home