Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2015 10:50

benstones

For personal reasons (work) I really need to know if the Stones are going to south american this fall.

I think this is hard to tell at the moment if the Stones are definitely going to South America this fall. I understand your question - e.g. if you have to move or if you have to request the corresponding spare time. But even if they're plan to going to South America this fall, it's still a long time until then - think on the 17-Mar-2014 or the twice cancelled Hanging Rock show ....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 22, 2015 10:58

200 000 views, 1 100 posts and (soon) 40 pages of information about the Stones 2015 tour. And yet we know almost nothing. How is that possible?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 22, 2015 11:01

Stoneage
200 000 views, 1 100 posts and (soon) 40 pages of information about the Stones 2015 tour. And yet we know almost nothing. How is that possible?
. It is not true. We know the setlist already!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 22, 2015 13:16

Stoneage

Nothing is real.
And there's nothing to get hung about.
(Stawberry Fields Forever).

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 22, 2015 13:32

Fredluvzstones
Mick's Facebook page is run by Mick Talyor's people. That was a post by Mick Taylor.
That is about as official as it is goiong to get at this point.
The old Mick Taylor web site was a whole different story.

That's what I thought - Jeff Allen was behind the old website and IIRC that's part of why it no longer exists, but some of the people who contribute regularly to that FB page are definitely close to Taylor (as in, Marlies Damming et al). It's not official in that an artist's Facebook page would normally be run by the agency representing them, but I don't think we can discount it as totally unfounded speculation either.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 22, 2015 14:20

The post seemed very genuine, especially in the follow up where he said he was still fit enough to tour with the Stones, but isn't up to doing the club circuit with shows everyday and a 6-8 hour drive between 'considering the innings I've had'. Doesn't strike me as something anyone but Mick himself would say.
Anyway maybe he just hasn't been invited to join the tour YET.
Regardless it will be an amazing tour and we are lucky to have seen Mick play once again with Stones for two years!

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 22, 2015 15:28

... we know so much and knows ..... BV 'a professional knows very ..... ... but you can not speak .... we know of North America ... South America .... London .... do not ask how, where and when you can not speak ..... .... our work and 'at risk if you speak ..... see back pages for discussions ..... wait and see .... good concerts 2015/2016 ...

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 22, 2015 15:34

Stoneage
200 000 views, 1 100 posts and (soon) 40 pages of information about the Stones 2015 tour. And yet we know ... we know so much and knows ..... BV 'a professional knows very ..... ... but you can not speak .... we know of North America ... South America .... London .... do not ask how, where and when you can not speak ..... .... our work and 'at risk if you speak ..... see back pages for discussions ..... wait and see .... good concerts 2015/2016 ...

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: February 22, 2015 16:01

C

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-22 23:50 by Niek.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 22, 2015 16:44

jammingedward
The post seemed very genuine, especially in the follow up where he said he was still fit enough to tour with the Stones, but isn't up to doing the club circuit with shows everyday and a 6-8 hour drive between 'considering the innings I've had'. Doesn't strike me as something anyone but Mick himself would say.
Regardless it will be an amazing tour and we are lucky to have seen Mick play once again with Stones for two years!

He was specifically told he was out.
Some in the USA were lucky enough to see him play with the Stones. Only those from the southern states who flew great distances. Looks like they are getting screwed out of that chance this time around which might be their last chance too.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 22, 2015 18:08

Fred hope to see ya in ATL!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 22, 2015 18:50

Again, We are going to the concert. And I think Elmo is correct with respect to an Atlanta Concert. However, that maybe a stadium concert.

If Miami/Ft Laudedrdale is in the mix then a preferrable indoor arena proves favorable. ( although the 1994 concert in Dolphin Stadium was a classic).

Too early to tell - and my scenario makes common sense. Also, South America is of many weather patterns. September & October is Spring in the southern Hemisphere. There is no telling of environmental conditions at proposed schedule.

I'm only going to see them indoors, period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 14:01 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 22, 2015 19:42

Elmo Lewis
Fred hope to see ya in ATL!

I sure hope so Elmo Lewis!!
Indoors would be much better too if it is in June or July!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 22, 2015 22:55

Fredluvzstones
jammingedward

Some in the USA were lucky enough to see him play with the Stones. Only those from the southern states who flew great distances. Looks like they are getting screwed out of that chance this time around which might be their last chance too.

Yes we were lucky to see him on the last tour. But for me that magic is over, the one song highlight exciting but somewhat disappointing musically. I think Taylor needs two or three songs just to warm up. I'm just going to assume he's out for the next round so I don't suffer any loss of expectations and can be surprised and elated if he guests again.

But in case our comments have any bearing on the decision to include him...hell yeah, bring him back, let him play on all the songs he was a part of, include him in all the rehearsals, let him go off on a few tunes, let Ronnie play acoustic or some other instrument on a few songs, or at least not another Les Paul when MT's playing. More guitar excitement in a modern Rolling Stones show is a good way to keep everything exciting, fresh and less predictable.

Since Mick is so big on always "moving forward", I wonder what he's going to bring to the table for this round of shows? More guitars would do it for me. An acoustic mini-set would do it for me. Bill Wyman and more Mick Taylor would do it for me. Ry Cooder and Stevie Wonder guesting would do it for me. But he's got to do something, can't imagine basically the same show as last time again. peace

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 00:18

Why the nervousness. Vegas is dine deal. NYC MSG is done. Other contracts being worked out

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 23, 2015 02:33

One Rumor I've heard is that Taylor asked for more money and the Stones balked.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 23, 2015 02:35

Naturalust
Fredluvzstones
jammingedward

Yes we were lucky to see him on the last tour. But for me that magic is over, the one song highlight exciting but somewhat disappointing musically. I think Taylor needs two or three songs just to warm up. I'm just going to assume he's out for the next round so I don't suffer any loss of expectations and can be surprised and elated if he guests again.

But in case our comments have any bearing on the decision to include him...hell yeah, bring him back, let him play on all the songs he was a part of, include him in all the rehearsals, let him go off on a few tunes, let Ronnie play acoustic or some other instrument on a few songs, or at least not another Les Paul when MT's playing. More guitar excitement in a modern Rolling Stones show is a good way to keep everything exciting, fresh and less predictable.

Since Mick is so big on always "moving forward", I wonder what he's going to bring to the table for this round of shows? More guitars would do it for me. An acoustic mini-set would do it for me. Bill Wyman and more Mick Taylor would do it for me. Ry Cooder and Stevie Wonder guesting would do it for me. But he's got to do something, can't imagine basically the same show as last time again. peace

Well said.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2015 02:44

Naturalust
Fredluvzstones
jammingedward

So many Mick Jaggers commenting here and running the Rolling Stones.. tough to figure out who the actual genius front man actually is anymore.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 23, 2015 02:52

Really hoping for a new stage and stadiums. Obviously BV and other insiders cannot reveal all at this point, but I am very encouraged at the prospect of larger shows. Seeing them in an arena in Chicago was cool, but the ticket price issue really was a major problem. Stadium shows afford a much larger audience, wider range of tickets, etc... Here's hoping for a massive stage and even bigger PA system!

Even better... I genuinely hope we see the return of the Bstage...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 23, 2015 03:01

MisterDDDD

So many Mick Jaggers commenting here and running the Rolling Stones.. tough to figure out who the actual genius front man actually is anymore.

lol. Yeah easy to forget they aren't really "our" Rolling Stones, but it doesn't hurt to dream, or even believe our comments on their biggest fan board have a tiny influence on their show decisions. It's not out of the question that the swell of demand for MT shown here influenced their decision to guest him for an entire tour. The whole fan song vote shows that they do listen on occasion. peace

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 23, 2015 03:44

That's disappointing. Midnight Rambler was the clear highlight of the 2014 shows.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 23, 2015 03:53

flacnvinyl

Even better... I genuinely hope we see the return of the Bstage...

I'm hoping for the return of the B-stage too.

I had a good time at the arena concerts I went to on the 50 & Counting... tour. I really enjoyed the outdoor stadiums for the euro-leg of the 14 On Fire tour. The weather for 5 of the 6 concerts was perfect. The sun setting during the Pinkpop concert was so cool!!! What a great memory I have of that. It rained in Dusseldorf, but that was indoors.

So a couple US stadium concerts this summer. I can't wait!!!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 23, 2015 10:05

The return of the B Stage would be great! Always took the show up to the next level.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 23, 2015 11:24

Niek
C

I liked the unedited post more smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 14:04

Well that's not true, is it:

[www.bandsintown.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2015 14:31

That looks like a tribute band. [www.francebillet.com]

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 14:33

Oh right, thats a false description on the other site then.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2015 14:37

Stoneage

There is a lot of small talk in this thread, which is ok, but in-between there are some important facts. You just have to pay attention. The way the Stones work is they SAY and TALK ABOUT stuff they would like to do. Then at some point they sign a contract. Even after the contract is signed, they may bail out for a number of good reasons. They are free to change, just like you and me.

So what have we got? Well just read the IORR news pages and you will see the facts. A tour in North America June+July this year. The contract is signed. Then plans for shows in South America later this year.

I could name cities and dates for this summer tour, but as long as these are subject to change it makes no sense. There are east coast shows both in June and July for a start. There are still many weired rumours around, probably because someone planned and said something at one point, and people can't tell the difference between a good and a bad rumour, and a rumour that was good two months ago but not valid anymore.

My advice is see the EDITORIAL iorr pages. Those linked up from the home page and the news pages. I am planning to make a list of rumoured shows for this summer soon, but it is not there yet, still some missing pieces. Patience is the word.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 23, 2015 14:54

With the Winter we've had in New England it's good to have the Stones to look forward to. Thanks BV. I would imagine word on the Sticky Fingers Deluxe would be very soon hopefully coinciding with the tour!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 23, 2015 15:08

PhillyFAN
Naturalust

Well said.

True! Guitar exitement nails it. Me and my son were lucky to see three shows last year and, man, those guitars were loud, clear and right into one's face. We loved it!

Taylor was more than wonderful. Yes, they should keep him on, although that motto of "50 years and counting" itself is slowely running out of date, so to speak. That historic argument was one reason to bring Taylor on stage - so if they decide to stray from that persepective and switch to something more like "This it The Rolling Stones in 2015, 2016" etc., that could weaken the chance of adding Taylor to the shows, I'm afraid.

But givent the success they have had with these shows during the last two years, I doubt they will skip it. At least, I hope, they don't skip it and keep Mick Taylor in the set!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 15:13 by waterrats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home