Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 18:11

bv
Stoneage
200 000 views, 1 100 posts and (soon) 40 pages of information about the Stones 2015 tour. And yet we know almost nothing. How is that possible?

There is a lot of small talk in this thread, which is ok, but in-between there are some important facts. You just have to pay attention. The way the Stones work is they SAY and TALK ABOUT stuff they would like to do. Then at some point they sign a contract. Even after the contract is signed, they may bail out for a number of good reasons. They are free to change, just like you and me.

So what have we got? Well just read the IORR news pages and you will see the facts. A tour in North America June+July this year. The contract is signed. Then plans for shows in South America later this year.

I could name cities and dates for this summer tour, but as long as these are subject to change it makes no sense. There are east coast shows both in June and July for a start. There are still many weired rumours around, probably because someone planned and said something at one point, and people can't tell the difference between a good and a bad rumour, and a rumour that was good two months ago but not valid anymore.

My advice is see the EDITORIAL iorr pages. Those linked up from the home page and the news pages. I am planning to make a list of rumoured shows for this summer soon, but it is not there yet, still some missing pieces. Patience is the word.

waiting for the BV list of rumoured shows >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 23, 2015 19:16

While I hate to see MT potentially not be involved such a change coupled with the "Sticky Fingers Theme" does suggest a shift from the "50 and counting" tours in everything from the set list to the stage set up.....

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: February 23, 2015 19:25

Can't wait until BV posts the rumored tour dates and locations! I can start to make preliminary plans for June then! smileys with beer

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: February 23, 2015 20:31

Stoneburst
treaclefingers
duke richardson
well if Mick Taylor isn't playing with them for this ...then its a damn shame.

Well I wouldn't start lamenting quite yet...no one knows that, or at least no one that has reported it knows it.

Debatable. The information came from MT's Facebook page, which is as official a web presence as he now has, given that his website is no longer active (various people who know him in real life post on it). Early this month, Taylor appears to have begun posting on the page himself, and on February 14th he replied to some comments on a photograph saying explicitly that he hadn't been invited on tour: [www.facebook.com]

Now, obviously, this stuff is problematic because it's the internet and so there's no way to verify that the person posting that stuff is actually Taylor, but the admin of that page is definitely close to him, so whoever is posting that stuff has a reason for doing so. Doesn't prove anything (and who knows, perhaps he will appear on tour with them) but I wouldn't call it insignificant either.
For what it's worth, the February 14th comment by "Mick Taylor" was edited 10 minutes ago. I never saw the initial post, but says the same thing as above. I was not invited.

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: February 23, 2015 20:37

Actually, "Mick Taylor's" exact quote is :

Mick Taylor Unfortunately I have not been invited.
11 hours ago · Edited

He goes on to say in another post...:

Mick Taylor They might not mention my non participation as there is nothing to gain from that kind of announcement.
11 hours ago · Edited

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 20:43

Iceland air quite cheap on some dates and if I could sleep on my mate sofa in NY it could be feasible, kind of thinking about itconfused smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 23, 2015 21:10

Wander

11 hours ago · Edited

Mick Taylor They might not mention my non participation as there is nothing to gain from that kind of announcement.
11 hours ago · Edited

hell no on the contrary it will be a factor for a lot of people deciding not to go.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 21:17

duke richardson
Wander

11 hours ago · Edited

11 hours ago · Edited

hell no on the contrary it will be a factor for a lot of people deciding not to

go.

IMHO that might be a decision factor for the more knowledgeable fan, a number of people I spoke to in Hyde Park had no idea who Mick Taylor waseye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 21:48 by desertblues68.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 23, 2015 21:39

desertblues68
duke richardson
Wander

11 hours ago · Edited

11 hours ago · Edited

hell no on the contrary it will be a factor for a lot of people deciding not to

go.

IMHO that might be a decision factor for the more knowledgeable fan, a number of people I spoke to in Hyde Park had no idea who Mick Taylor waseye popping smiley

On

I know in the big ($$) picture it means little, but it makes my decision pretty easy. For me, the main interest points of live Stones in 2015 are small shows and/or the inclusion of MT to some degree. A stadium tour w/no Taylor answers both those questions. Add in a Sticky Fingers portion where a major contributor was just on board(and playing a couple of the rarer ones) recently, watching Ronnie do those tunes now would be a serious comedown. I'll happily bow out knowing I saw a great show last time in Chicago with all of them. Maybe someday we'll get another studio album.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 23, 2015 22:15

The only thing I'm very curious about now is how they'll make this a tour for history books? Something we have never seen before? As far as I know, but I don't know a lot, it will be a stadium tour? So I'm puzzled as how it can be ground-breaking? So that is what I want to see.....

Date: February 23, 2015 22:24

After that doubleheader at TD Boston in 2013 I think I know where the wife will want to go on vacation this year. Now to find out the cities....smiling bouncing smiley

Mike

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 23, 2015 22:49

Wander

11 hours ago · Edited

11 hours ago · Edited

That's interesting. The original version of that post was a bit less diplomatic: 'They might try and do a bit of 'false advertising' by not mentioning anything about my non involvement.'

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 23, 2015 23:05

I know when I saw them in Los Angeles in 2013, when they played Midnight Rambler few people understood it was special because Mick Taylor was there. Maybe Mick has decided Taylor's presence is not the novelty it once was, so why cut him in for a sliver of the pie?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 23, 2015 23:46

This all makes Whitesnake's plan of playing Deep Purple material this summer sound good.

Date: February 23, 2015 23:50

Maybe the 50 & Counting thing is over and the celebration with special guests has come to an end? It's hard to tell what Mick is planning. SF-heavy shows would have benefited on having Taylor on board.

This could also be hardball negotiation initiatives for what we know...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 24, 2015 00:22

Face it, the (INSERT INSULT HERE) that would pay big bucks to see this version of the Stones certainly aren't going to make their (INSERT SECOND INSULT) decision based on whether Mick Taylor is there or not.

Date: February 24, 2015 00:45

24FPS
Face it, the (INSERT INSULT HERE) that would pay big bucks to see this version of the Stones certainly aren't going to make their (INSERT SECOND INSULT) decision based on whether Mick Taylor is there or not.

its true

the know-nothing-wealthy won't..

but there are a lot of longtime fans who might, and they aren't people who are to be dismissed. especially after he was playing all those shows and now that more are planned, its likely a lot of fans will want to see Mick Taylor, who didn't get to in 2012-14..

face it- Taylor with them is more exciting than without

and I know a lot of people at the shows don't know who he is. a consequence of being a band for so long that you have several age groups of fans..

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 00:52

duke richardson
24FPS

I am 100% sure you mean the Stones without him, not him without the Stones! Big difference. It's THEIR show, not his.

Date: February 24, 2015 00:58

bitusa2012
duke richardson
24FPS

I am 100% sure you mean the Stones without him, not him without the Stones! Big difference. It's THEIR show, not his.

I did mean that, yes..

although I'd certainly go to a Taylor show, if he tours, and comes around here.

Date: February 24, 2015 01:26

This is pure speculation only and just like guessing to myself.

Is it possible they would end at MSG before the U2 run of shows.
i.e like perhaps play July 17th. MSG is open from the 12th to the 17th. It also open the 9th.

They could perhaps due 12th, 14th or 15th and the 17th.

In terms of Philadelphia, the Phillies are out of town from the 3rd to the 16th.

They could do Citizens Bank Park on the 9th before MSG if they chose.
They did 2 at wells fargo and I suppose the could do 1 outside. Or they could play like anywhere from the 5th to the 8th in that case.

The Phillies are going to be really bad this year and are not selling tickets. CBP has hosted 3 or 4 concerts in a summer. The city and the team would be happy from just the parking gate alone.

Also, remember, they think Stones fans drink a lot of beer as well. They would make more from beer sales than a Phillies gate. (I am a loyal Phillies fan and season ticket holder)

They could also do Nationals Park in DC or perhaps even Baltimore as they are hosting Billy Joel (my idol and #1 favorite) and One Direction (not familiar with them)

My guess so far would be 3 MSG, 1 Philadelphia, 1 DC or Baltimore and 1 at Gilette. That makes 6.

I also would guess a big stadium show in Miami, and Houston and Dallas which would make 9.

I am then going to guess Toronto, Chicago and Detroit for 12.

I am going to pick 4 more and say Las Vegas still gets a show, Los Angeles, San Francisco and perhaps St Louis.

Again, this is me just guessing at 15 or 16 shows but my gut feeling tells me 3 at MSG and everything else pretty much outside.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 24, 2015 01:43

The Stones have a long history of selling out multiple stadium shows here in the Bay Area so I have to believe that the SF Bay Area gets at least one if not two....

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 02:54

Doing Sticky Fingers material with Ronnie Wood playing lead instead of bringing Taylor and having him play on every song (not just MR) is sad.

Unless Keith suddenly starts playing much better, they could use 3 guitars for the majoring of their material. Keith or Ronnie on an amped up acoustic (which they used with great success in the studio) the other on electric playing rhythm also and Taylor on lead. Get to the post-1974 material and have Ronnie switch to lead and Taylor to rhythm along with Keef.

Is it about money? Their idea who who the Stones are now? Just don't like Taylor or where his playing is at now (though a Taylor fan, listening to some of his MR work on the last tour, it is spotty...like he needed time to settle into the song and string notes together).

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 24, 2015 03:25

<<SF-heavy shows would have benefited on having Taylor on board.>>

Maybe, but they've been playing stuff from the Mick Taylor era all these years anyway. It's not like he was going to be asked to rejoin the band as a permanent member, or kept on retainer as a permanent special guest, and you can't go on celebrating your 50th anniversary forever, especially when the halfway point between 50 and 60 years is now within sight.

I'm in Boston, so I would have been looking forward to a show--my second ever Stones show--if this is one of the rumored East Coast cities they will play. But it isn't the possible absence of Mick Taylor that would keep me from seeing my second ever Stones show--it's that one, most un-rock-n-roll word I hear being tossed about: stadium.

That's the reason why in nearly 35 years of tours I've seen only one Stones show, because 1981 and beyond has been the big bloated stadium blow-out era, and I just can't take the humanity, oh, the humanity at that scale. Rock music is for clubs and concert halls (arenas), the stadium is for the sporting event.

In 2013, I could step outside the house, catch the bus down the street, take the subway in and walk 10 seconds to the door of the venue, because it's right in the city. If they do a stadium tour this time, then they will do it in the god-awful football stadium in Foxboro, which is not Boston, because it's over 30 miles to the south and you can only get there if you have a car, which I do not. And even if I did, even if someone offered to drive me there, I would refuse because of the horror of the stadium spectacle, the humanity, oh, the humanity.

So I'll go see the Who this year instead, because they're playing right in the city at the arena venue where they played in 2012 and where the Stones played in 2013. If they never do an arena tour again, then I will still have the cherished memories of the Stones show I experienced in 2013.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 24, 2015 04:06

stonehearted

I'm in Boston...

That's the reason why in nearly 35 years of tours I've seen only one Stones show, because 1981 and beyond has been the big bloated stadium blow-out era

The Stones played plenty of non-stadium shows in Boston prior to 2013.

The very same venue that hosted them last time around was also the site of shows in 1999. 2002, 2003 and 2006.

They also played The Orpheum Theater in 2002.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 04:07 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 24, 2015 05:07

<<The Stones played plenty of non-stadium shows in Boston prior to 2013.

The very same venue that hosted them last time around was also the site of shows in 1999. 2002, 2003 and 2006.

They also played The Orpheum Theater in 2002.
>>

I never bothered to check into this, because the stadium circus environment was the impression I got of their tours--because they'd toured in '81, '89, '94, '97, and it was always the same. If it took them all the way to the end of the century to tone it down, then by that point I just wasn't paying attention. I just bought the albums and enjoyed the music. Then again, I wasn't a member of IORR during those times.

I remember that there was a show at the Orpheum--I actually walked past the venue as it was going on, I walk by there most every day anyway, and saw all the trucks parked outside, one of the guys standing nearby one of the trucks, obviously an employee, saying to another how the first show of the tour a few nights back was really good.

But the Orpheum, a theater sized venue, is very small, getting tickets would have been impossible, because the credit card crowd would have snapped them up within 5 seconds with the push of a cellphone button or click of a computer mouse.

I'll go see them at the Garden, where it would be a 2-minute walk to the bus, then a 10-minute train ride and 10 second walk to the door of the arena. But even if you handed me a ticket for free, and offered full limo service there and back, I would not go to that shaving razor [Gillette] stadium where all the hooligan football fans have left the unholy stench of their sports fanatic wailing, just to watch a big video screen projection of the concert, like watching a DVD but with live sound. I can stay home and watch DVDs for free, drink as much beer as I want, and never have to walk a mile to wait in line for a leak.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2015 05:28

Foxboro, MA
NYC/NJ
State College, PA @ Beaver Stadium
Atlanta or Nashville
Miami or Tampa
Arlington, TX @ Cowboys Stadium
Mexico City, Mexico @ Foro Sol
Pasadena, CA @ Rose Bowl
Santa Clara, CA @ Levi Stadium
Seattle or Vancouver
Edmonton, Alberta @ Commonwealth Stadium
Winnipeg and/or Regina
Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field
Ottawa or Toronto
Quebec City @ Plains Of Abraham

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 24, 2015 06:35

I just got a call telling me 3 nights at Forest Hills (14,000) Queens, NYC!
(where they have played before in '65)

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 06:40

Taylor not being invited to participate will be my rationale for skipping this tour...I can't get excited about it..Makes total sense that it was going to be either more Taylor or none at all. They chose the latter...oh well...sad,..I can't donate dollars and energy to a show I've seen so many times over the years. But many will..

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:03

My friend and kiwi uber fan rcfoxy and I discussed this MT issue at length this morning . We are trying to figure out how we can do several of the USA shows and will probably be sharing a room . If MT would like , he can room with us no charge . Now he can't sau he was "uninvited."

Nonetheless should he turn our offer down , we will continue to do our best to make it to several shows without him .

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:39

With Mick Taylor last year they missed the opportunity . Every night Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction ( where he was only "posing") has not been a big thing. Taylor was "used" in a poor way, they could have done better. At the same time I think that the experience was good for taylor's bank account. But I don't think that the participation of taylor will be a not- to- go factor if the Stones use him like they did .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home