Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 19, 2015 23:10

would like to see brians contribution to the band get a mention and also for the stones to do a mini set list mid concert where they give the mid 60,s era some representation.

they could also do some accoustic numbers like they used to in the early days.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 19, 2015 23:43

Naturalust
swimtothemoon
In my opinion Moonlight Mile might be the most difficult to pull of properly.
I remember being slightly disappointed in the version they played on the No
security tour. Though I was glad they played it - the version seemed to lack
the "texture" of the studio version. 1999 was a long time ago so I should dig
up the live version again for a refresh.

It was posted on page 34 in this thread. But you're right about how difficult this one must be to match the magic of the perfect studio recording. Hard to get those sublime guitars to the front of the mix and to match the great harmony vocals, which probably include multiple tracks of Mick. peace

[www.iorr.org]

Replace the strings with horn section and it might work well, albeit a different feel.

Posted by: backtozero ()
Date: February 20, 2015 03:58

lets see a vancouver show!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:40

backtozero

Aah yes Vancouver.....with special guest Mr Andrew Loog Oldham on backing vocals.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2015 14:59

jlowe
backtozero

Aah yes Vancouver.....with special guest Mr Andrew Loog Oldham on backing vocals.

He should at least be brought out to introduce the band..."and now, legendary Stones Manager/Producer, Andrew Mother'f'n' LOOOOOOOOG OLDHAM!"

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 20, 2015 19:26

Hello all. Hope you had a Happy Chinese New Year yesterday, and that the Year Of The Goat is off to a good start.

Maybe our boys can alternate Sticky Fingers and Goats Head Soup?

Any chatter on when the North American dates will be announced?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2015 21:05

Javadave

Any chatter on when the North American dates will be announced?

Dunno. For the 14-on-Fire Tour the Adelaide date has been confirmed on 20-Nov-2013 and the 1st 14-on-Fire Show was on 21-Feb-2014 in Abu Dhabi. Similar at the european dates: Rome has been unofficially confirmed on 3-Mar-2014 and the 1st european 14-on-Fire Show was on 26-May-2014 in Oslo ( [www.iorr.org] ). The announcement of the North American dates lies probably in a similar timeframe ....

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 20, 2015 23:08

The last USA tour was announced only 5 weeks out from the shows.
I remember this well because I was already holidaying there and it was too late to alter my intineries to make the first few shows!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 21, 2015 01:36

I like making up a setlist after a bottle of wine or two... Thank you.

THE ROLLING STONES LIVE 2015 (Sticky Fingers DELUXE Tour)

Intro SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL percussion track .Woow Woow

1.ROUGH JUSTICE
2.BITCH
3.IT'S ONLY ROCK 'n'ROLL
4.PLUNDERED MY SOUL (+MT)
5.WILD HORSES or SISTER MORPHINE or MOONLIGHT MILE
6.KEEP UP BLUES or WHEN YOU'RE GONE
7.DEAD FLOWERS or YOU GOTTA MOVE
7.I GOT THE BLUES or SISTER MORPHINE or MOONLIGHT MILE
8.CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING (+MT)
9.HONKY TONK WOMEN
10.THE WORST (only one real KR song this time) or THRU AND THRU or...
11.SALT OF THE EARTH or MEMORY MOTEL (KR vocal)
12.2000 LIGHTYEARS FROM HOME
13.SWAY (+MT)
14.MIDNIGHT RAMBLER(+MT) or OUT OF CONTROL (+MT)
15.TUMBLING DICE
16.DOOM AND GLOOM or START ME UP or SATISFACTION
17.JUMPING JACK FLASH
encore:
18.GIMME SHELTER
19.BROWN SUGAR (remember Sticky Fingers DELUXE)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-21 02:27 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: drorcolargol ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:50

My Set smiling smiley

1. Brown Sugar
2. Sway
3. Bitch
4. Sister Morphine
5. Dead Flowers
6. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
7. Wild Horses
8. Moonlight Mile / You Gotta Move / I Got the Blues
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Tumbling Dice
11. Slipping Away (with Keith on lead vocals)
12. Before They Make Me Run (with Keith on lead vocals)
13. Paint It Black
14. Gimme Shelter
15. (Midnight Rambler / Like A Rolling Stone / Doom And Gloom / Let’s Spend )
16. Miss You
17. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
18. Start Me Up
19. Sympathy For The Devil
20. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
ENCORE
21. Ruby Tuesday!!! (You Can’t Always Get What You Want)
22. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-21 03:53 by drorcolargol.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 21, 2015 10:58

The Last Time
If you cant Rock Me
Starfucka
Its Only RnR
Come On or Not Fade Away or Tell Me
Heart of Stone
As tears go by or Play with Fire
Luxury or Send it to Me
Angie or Beast or Memory Motel
Carol, Little Queenie or Let it Rock
Miss You
Somewhere over the Rainbow – Keith solo on stage... wheel in a baby grand Piano
Happy (w/Mick)
Rambler (MT)
Cant you hear me knockin’ (MT)
Country Honk
Rip this Joint
BS or Gimme Shelter
SFTD or SFM

Encore
Moonlight Mile or Time Waits for No One (MT)
JJ Flash

2nd encore
Soul Survivor (Mick and Keith alternate verses and share mic at end)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-21 10:59 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 21, 2015 15:34

Let's be a bit more realistic.
First I think that it was a joke of bv and that he meant that they play in Bill's sticky fingers. But maybe I am wrong >grinning smiley<
Then I think, when they would do a Sticky Fingers DELUXE tour, they wouldn't play so much sticky finger classics. They would do some of the new songs and the second part would be the usual hit-setlist.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 21, 2015 16:17

I don't care of money or materials- I'm going to the concert come hell or highwater. This is my band - I lived with them and will exit same.

Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers 2015 Set List
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 21, 2015 18:20

Forgot the Sticky Fingers theme, revised below:

Business Idea
Give everyone who buys a ticket a free download of the new Sticky Fingers music and an option to buy the concert live recording and photos of the show, including photos of themselves that the band would give them options of buying from pre-ordered pictures taken at their seats from cameras throughout the stadium, i.e. you buy a seat in Section 1009, seats 3-7, they know that, so if you click the fan experience add on, you get the music download link for the new music before everyone else, you get the link after the show to upload the soundboard recording, and they send you pics of you from your seats, of the band backstage and on stage, etc, and a custom tshirt and commemorative poster arrives before the show in the mail also. They have kiosks around the stadium and when you scan your ticket you can take a group shot of you and your friends that gets included in your package.

Video screens clearly show the Sticky Fingers logo before each SF song so they get that branding for the fans who don't know that music being played is on that CD they need to download after the show from the email sent to them asking if they enjoyed the show, etc.

1. Brown Sugar (MT on all SF songs)
2. Bitch
3. Dead Flowers
4. 60s mini set - tribute to Brian and Ian...Come On or Not Fade Away or Tell Me
5. Heart of Stone
6. As tears go by or Play with Fire
7. Wild Horses
8. Can't you hear me knocking
9. Carol, Little Queenie or Let it Rock (MT)
10. Miss You
11. Somewhere over the Rainbow Keith only on stage with baby grand Piano
12. Happy (w/Mick)
13. Country Honk (With a country star guest in each city, old and new)
13. Rambler (MT)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Rip This Joint
16. Starfucka
17. Sympathy or Street Fighting Man

Encore
18. Moonlight Mile
19. JJ Flash

2nd encore
20. Sister Morphine (with Guest in each city)
21. Satisfaction

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 21, 2015 18:27

treaclefingers
duke richardson
well if Mick Taylor isn't playing with them for this ...then its a damn shame.

Well I wouldn't start lamenting quite yet...no one knows that, or at least no one that has reported it knows it.

Debatable. The information came from MT's Facebook page, which is as official a web presence as he now has, given that his website is no longer active (various people who know him in real life post on it). Early this month, Taylor appears to have begun posting on the page himself, and on February 14th he replied to some comments on a photograph saying explicitly that he hadn't been invited on tour: [www.facebook.com]

Now, obviously, this stuff is problematic because it's the internet and so there's no way to verify that the person posting that stuff is actually Taylor, but the admin of that page is definitely close to him, so whoever is posting that stuff has a reason for doing so. Doesn't prove anything (and who knows, perhaps he will appear on tour with them) but I wouldn't call it insignificant either.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 21, 2015 19:11

Stoneburst
treaclefingers
duke richardson

Well I wouldn't start lamenting quite yet...no one knows that, or at least no one that has reported it knows it.

Debatable. The information came from MT's Facebook page, which is as official a web presence as he now has, given that his website is no longer active (various people who know him in real life post on it). Early this month, Taylor appears to have begun posting on the page himself, and on February 14th he replied to some comments on a photograph saying explicitly that he hadn't been invited on tour: [www.facebook.com]

Now, obviously, this stuff is problematic because it's the internet and so there's no way to verify that the person posting that stuff is actually Taylor, but the admin of that page is definitely close to him, so whoever is posting that stuff has a reason for doing so. Doesn't prove anything (and who knows, perhaps he will appear on tour with them) but I wouldn't call it insignificant either.

I don't thinks it's MT's facebook page at all: "This is a FAN site, aimed at sharing news and info about Mick Taylor, his musical career, old and new photos, rare MT sightings, noteworthy articles etc." Could be run by anybody.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: February 21, 2015 19:33

Where do you people come up with these set lists? I laugh every time.

Re: Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers 2015 Set List
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 21, 2015 19:38

MizzAmandaJonez

11. Somewhere over the Rainbow Keith only on stage with baby grand Piano
show stopper

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2015 20:20

RockinJive

thumbs up It's called musical onanism! grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 21, 2015 20:38

We are going to the concert and I don't want to hear anymore shit on this topic.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 21, 2015 22:30

the adult has spoken. now get in the car

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2015 22:33

Maindefender

Replace the strings with horn section and it might work well, albeit a different feel.

With the right settings on their keyboards Matt & Chuck can emulate a whole symphonic orchestra.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 22, 2015 00:49

bv
The main reason why I started IORR back in 1980 was to supply first hand information to Stones fans, so that they would not miss out on shows, releases or any other interesting events. Over the time I have been getting more and more information, and there will always be a need to balance the importance of information vs the value of the surprises the Rolling Stones deserve on any new tour.

I have the freedom to say and write anything I will, but on the other hand I want the band I love to have some secrets and some surprises for the fans. If you are a biug fan you will understand how important it is to be able to follow some parts of the tour this summer - I keep saying that. On the other hand I don't want to spell out stuff loud and clear so that any press person could replicate it and blow the surprises many love. So it is a balance.

Don't go on a family holiday to Miami, Cancun or Spain this summer. You will be stuck there as a Stones fan. Tell your family you want to rest at home, and why not have a nice little holiday in USA this summer? Tell them you will decide when the weather is warmer and summer prices are out. By then you will know more.

The Tour in North America this summer will be a great memory for anyone who love the Rolling Stones. More than great.

I totally agree with you BV, I won't miss this summer for anything. I'm hoping for 3 shows to go to.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 22, 2015 00:52

Nikkei
the adult has spoken. now get in the car

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 22, 2015 00:55

jlowe
backtozero

I think Vancouver's time for a show is coming soon, see ya all at BC Place Stadium.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 22, 2015 01:08

Chris Fountain
We are going to the concert and I don't want to hear anymore shit on this topic.

LOL, good one Chris Fountain.

After some eye rolling and a fair amount of sighing, everyone will file in and when the band starts, it'll be all smiles. smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 22, 2015 01:50

Chris Fountain

Which concert? Can I sit next to you?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 22, 2015 04:23

RockinJive

One or two bottles of wine and playing Sticky Fingers and Glastonbury DVD 2013.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 22, 2015 04:41

For personal reasons (work) I really need to know if the Stones are going to south american this fall. I don't want any date, any gossip, but I really have to know if South America is in the plan. Everyone speaks about North America... Hope South America is in the plan, my dream is to see the Stones in Buenos Aires!

Benjamin.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 22, 2015 04:59

Stoneburst
treaclefingers
duke richardson

Mick's Facebook page is run by Mick Talyor's people. That was a post by Mick Taylor.
That is about as official as it is goiong to get at this point.
The old Mick Taylor web site was a whole different story.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home