Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:49

OldEnglishSheepDog
It's been around 6 weeks since Bonnaroo has been discussed.
Has anyone heard anything about the next announcement for additional performers for Bonnaroo?
I can't accept that Billy Joel will remain the headlining act for this festival.
With dates for Bonnaroo in mid June, and the Stones touring at this time, this may be the most realistic opportunity for them to play a fest in the USA.
Also I'm guessing we may see a surprise performance on SNL. Stones could break tradition and just open the show with..."ladies & gentlemen, live from New York... The Rolling Stones!"
Now that's how to kick off the 15 on Fire tour of North America!

From your keyboard to God's ear... (or Mick's)

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 27, 2015 08:41

I assume all the bands have been announced for Bonnaroo?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 27, 2015 11:49

bv
I am not perfect you know.

...Still, you're the closest thing to perfection we have, around here - so do stick around OK. smoking smiley

Date: February 27, 2015 13:29

Official web page for Bonnaroo says more acts to be announced.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 14:33

No European shows planned for 2015?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 15:01

I think that they will come back in Europe in 2016 with a whole Tour and a couple of Show in London at the end...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 27, 2015 20:08

Anyone care to venture a guess at the 2015 theme? Sticky Fingers is a great album but I can't see that as a theme. I'll go out on a limb and predict it.. "The Rolling Stones Play Chuck Berry's Great 28!"

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 20:34

"Zip On Fire" Tour 2015...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 27, 2015 20:40

flacnvinyl

Anyone care to venture a guess at the 2015 theme?

Maybe Tour of the Americas '15 with a Tour announcement appropriate to the Flatbed Truck and 15 dates each .... winking smiley

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: February 27, 2015 20:45

"gaining steam in 2015"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2015 21:42

The "So long you bastard(s)" tour with "Seven [inflatable] Women" onstage?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2015 21:47

I see they are booking shows on Saturdays. May be they follow the same path as they had Down Under. Mid week like Wed and then Sat. With large stadiums it is nice to do shows during the week-end. Don't expect too many shows.

Bjornulf

Date: February 27, 2015 21:58

Thank you BV!!

Posted by: mattbel ()
Date: February 27, 2015 22:14

OldEnglishSheepDog
It's been around 6 weeks since Bonnaroo has been discussed.
Has anyone heard anything about the next announcement for additional performers for Bonnaroo?
I can't accept that Billy Joel will remain the headlining act for this festival.
With dates for Bonnaroo in mid June, and the Stones touring at this time, this may be the most realistic opportunity for them to play a fest in the USA.
Also I'm guessing we may see a surprise performance on SNL. Stones could break tradition and just open the show with..."ladies & gentlemen, live from New York... The Rolling Stones!"
Now that's how to kick off the 15 on Fire tour of North America!

Billy Joel is the headlining act who will close the festival. I've gone to Bonnaroo a few times and when they say additional performers it never includes big headlining acts. Billy is closing the festival. Elton closed it last year. Not sure why it's hard to accept that Billy is closing it this year. At this point, it's very safe to bet that the Stones will not play Bonnaroo.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 22:20 by mattbel.

Date: February 27, 2015 22:14

The good thing with the stadium shows is everybody will be able to see them, even on a budget. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting on the bus (coach) on my way back from the show at Giants Stadium NJ. It must have been in 2005. Two days earlier they had been playing MSG. Friends said the arena shows were so much more fantastic. But I got to talk with this other fan in the front of the bus back to Manhattan, and we sure agreed that the stadium shows were the best. We got all the great songs. Nothing left out. I could listen to JJF and BS and OOC a million times and I would like to play them again and again. Just check out these reports. And now, this year, from past experience 2014, they are still on, very much on!

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: February 27, 2015 22:43

BV

Lots of talk about NY City. And very few cities. Can you please tell us if there are any shows rumored that are more in the central part of the US?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 22:43 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 27, 2015 22:46

bv
The good thing with the stadium shows is everybody will be able to see them, even on a budget. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting on the bus (coach) on my way back from the show at Giants Stadium NJ. It must have been in 2005. Two days earlier they had been playing MSG. Friends said the arena shows were so much more fantastic. But I got to talk with this other fan in the front of the bus back to Manhattan, and we sure agreed that the stadium shows were the best. We got all the great songs. Nothing left out. I could listen to JJF and BS and OOC a million times and I would like to play them again and again. Just check out these reports. And now, this year, from past experience 2014, they are still on, very much on!

[www.iorr.org]
Agreed. The Rolling Stones in 2015 is the most amazing phenomena in the history of rock 'n' roll. It should be enjoyed by everyone who desires to be a part of it. No stadium is too big for the energy and party that's coming to America... I want to enjoy this with dozens of my friends and that can't happen in an arena.... Bring it on!!!!

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: February 27, 2015 22:57

I've seen every U.S. tour since 1969 and thought it would be the "last time" many times, but here we go again! I would love to see Ronnie featured on CYHMK, (sorry, I couldn't resist)! Now I just need to find a job to be able to pay for tickets and travel.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 27, 2015 22:59

So no Forest Hills?...I'm not going to three Giant Stadium shows although that was my very first show there

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 27, 2015 23:13

If it's a stadium tour hopefully we will get an announcement sooner rather than later...

Date: February 27, 2015 23:27

Sorry I just mentioned Giants Stadium 2005 as an example. I haven't seen it on this list, while I know there are other large stadiums in question for this tour of course.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 28, 2015 00:42

Any insight on Texas city/cities,BV?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2015 04:38

Sure, a stadium show is great, if you have floor seats. Then again, thinking back to seeing them in Dodger Stadium in 2006, it was such a spectacle that the music was secondary. The light show, fireworks and sound system were overwhelming. I don't know how the people in the nosebleeds experienced it. I remember Mick as really being one that night, but the rest of them could have been playing Popeye the Sailor again for all that it mattered. I hope as many people get to see them that want to.

Date: February 28, 2015 07:33

Honestly, is there any indication that Pittsburgh could possibly get a show? Or, will I have to travel this summer to somewhere close? Any hints or rumors would be fantastic. It almost seemed like they tried booking Pittsburgh back in 2013 with Philly and Washington DC. Yes, I know those are big markets but Pittsburgh was a rumored city during that time as well. New arena and two stadiums to play at. Could even do PNC Park where the Pirates play just like they did in 2005 when Pearl Jam opened for the only show of the tour.

Date: February 28, 2015 07:40

mattbel
Honestly, is there any indication that Pittsburgh could possibly get a show? Or, will I have to travel this summer to somewhere close? Any hints or rumors would be fantastic. It almost seemed like they tried booking Pittsburgh back in 2013 with Philly and Washington DC. Yes, I know those are big markets but Pittsburgh was a rumored city during that time as well. New arena and two stadiums to play at. Could even do PNC Park where the Pirates play just like they did in 2005 when Pearl Jam opened for the only show of the tour.

Yes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Todd79 ()
Date: February 28, 2015 08:27

bv
Sorry I just mentioned Giants Stadium 2005 as an example. I haven't seen it on this list, while I know there are other large stadiums in question for this tour of course.

Thanks Bjornulf! Any chance you will be posting a rumoured city list soon as you have in prior years? Love this excitement! Thanks for helping spread it to fans across the world!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 28, 2015 10:39

bv

Hey BV, I also mentioned Giants Stadium as an example. Let's wait and see what will happen.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 28, 2015 18:07

Stadiums = bad idea. They could be embarrassed by slow sales. They will NOT sell out.

Date: February 28, 2015 18:20

bv
mattbel

Yes.

bv,

thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 28, 2015 19:51

alhavu1
Stadiums = bad idea. They could be embarrassed by slow sales. They will NOT sell out.

If the ticket prices are not offensive, sales will be strong. Just in my immediate friends circle we had so much interest in the Chicago gigs that we considered renting a party bus. When the ticket prices were revealed in 2013, everyone jumped ship. Not because they couldn't afford it, but because the prices were insane. It was just plain greedy.

That being said, if big gigs is how you bring the price down, then make it happen!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home