Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 28, 2015 19:57

They do know what they are doing. All shows in Europe 2014 sold out within 1-2 hours. Stadium shows. Expect the same to happen this summer in North America. Make sure you are able to use pre-sales codes. Pay attention here on IORR during the next couple of months and you will be safe with tickets.

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 28, 2015 19:58

bv
They do know what they are doing. All shows in Europe 2014 sold out within 1-2 hours. Stadium shows. Expect the same to happen this summer in North America. Make sure you are able to use pre-sales codes. Pay attention here on IORR during the next couple of months and you will be safe with tickets.

what about the London Shows bjornulf...

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-28 19:58 by corriecas.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: February 28, 2015 20:23

Why all the cloak and dagger??

Can we get at least some rumored dates??

Rumored venues ??

Date: February 28, 2015 20:29

bv
I see they are booking shows on Saturdays. May be they follow the same path as they had Down Under. Mid week like Wed and then Sat. With large stadiums it is nice to do shows during the week-end. Don't expect too many shows.

Could you give me a hint smiling smiley ? How many of these Saturday shows will I end up needing to sell to see a certain other band on the East Coast?

6/13 Barry Manilow 6/20 Billy Joel 7/18 U2 7/25 Billy Joel

smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: February 28, 2015 20:50

billy joel and barry manilow should not even be mentioned in same sentence with thr Stones!!!LOLsmileys with beer

Re: smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: February 28, 2015 21:02

rocknola
billy joel and barry manilow should not even be mentioned in same sentence with thr Stones!!!LOLsmileys with beer

lol I knew that was coming. I guess U2 is alright though!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 28, 2015 21:12

jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

Good question. The information is obviously given out on a "need to know" basis, and it would appear as if we are in the "not needing to know" category ...... winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 28, 2015 22:32

paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

Good question. The information is obviously given out on a "need to know" basis, and it would appear as if we are in the "not needing to know" category ...... winking smiley

So far after 47 pages the rumors can be summarized as follows:

-USA and Canada dates in June and July - South America later in the year
-Stadium shows - on Saturday's most likely
-Not a whole lot of dates
-Pittsburg
-Possibly Forest Hills NY
-Sticky Fingers

Did I miss anything? peace

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: February 28, 2015 23:29

Hi all.

Thank you, Naturalust.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 28, 2015 23:35

Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

Did I miss anything? peace[/quote.

Las Vegas
No MT

Date: March 1, 2015 00:10

Fredluvzstones
Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

Las Vegas
No MT

I think the jury is still out concerning guest appearances. I also thought the Vegas, May, Rock in Rio show rumor was put to rest, maybe I missed some other credible rumor. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-01 01:14 by Naturalust.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 00:47

Im telling you they were giving tickets away for stadiums last time around and it really was embarrassing. They will NOT accede to reasonable rates (that would help). Mark my word.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 1, 2015 00:53

Wondering will the merchandise be the same design as 2014? I loved the evolution shirt, hope they bring it back.

Date: March 1, 2015 01:35

I am also wondering how prices will average this summer. In general I paid around $285 per upper level or side stage lower last time around, one night around $165 for upper level side.

Also, what could a projected setlist be if SF is played? Would SF be played in order to open the shows (like Steely Dan did, or would they break it apart like Bryan Adams is doing for reckless)

Songs 1- 10- Album clocks in at 46 minutes, obviously a little longer live lets say a minute extra per song in between breaks etc:

9:00-9:57 Sticky Fingers
9:59 KR 3 songs: Silver, Before, Happy (or really any 3, maybe even connection or t&a)
10:13 Midnight Ramber (song 14)
10:28 Tumbling Dice
10:33 Honky Tonk Women
10:38 Start Me Up
10:42 Its Only Rock And Roll
10:48 Jumping Jack Flash
10:52 Sympathy For the Devil
10:59 Encore Break
11:02 Satisfaction
11:10 over

Assuming they do the whole album, it seems potentially 3 warhorses would need to be skipped and there would be no other album cuts.

Perhaps IORR would be Gimmer Shelter, but it doesn't seem there would be room for both Miss You and You Can't Always Get What you Want.

Perhaps they don't do Midnight Rambler but to me (although I love the song, it is not in my top 10 favorites but I think it is fantastic and essential to their recent shows)

I would also like to see Out of Control.

Or it could be like the No Security Tour where they skipped Satisfaction, Miss You, and something else I believe prominent

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 1, 2015 01:42

Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

Waldbuhne 2015 mentioned in bv message

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 01:59

They could give us a bit more time to organise ourselves, other acts announce their dates six or more months in advance. One of my colleagues is now taking 3 weeks off in June, and it is a bit difficult to get leave at short notice. I was very lucky for Berlin last year!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 1, 2015 02:16

I'm wondering if Sticky Fingers in it's entirety may only be for certain shows We've heard that it's mainly stadiums, but also heard about the 3 nights at Forest Hills, with possible hints from BV that those could be filmed. Maybe Sticky Fingers only gets played at arena sized venues and the stadium shows that make up the majority of the tour will be the more basic setlists?

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 1, 2015 02:18

Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

You forgot Ronnie vs Mick T.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 07:25

[email protected]
I am also wondering how prices will average this summer. In general I paid around $285 per upper level or side stage lower last time around, one night around $165 for upper level side.

Also, what could a projected setlist be if SF is played? Would SF be played in order to open the shows (like Steely Dan did, or would they break it apart like Bryan Adams is doing for reckless)

Songs 1- 10- Album clocks in at 46 minutes, obviously a little longer live lets say a minute extra per song in between breaks etc:

9:00-9:57 Sticky Fingers
9:59 KR 3 songs: Silver, Before, Happy (or really any 3, maybe even connection or t&a)
10:13 Midnight Ramber (song 14)
10:28 Tumbling Dice
10:33 Honky Tonk Women
10:38 Start Me Up
10:42 Its Only Rock And Roll
10:48 Jumping Jack Flash
10:52 Sympathy For the Devil
10:59 Encore Break
11:02 Satisfaction
11:10 over

Assuming they do the whole album, it seems potentially 3 warhorses would need to be skipped and there would be no other album cuts.

Perhaps IORR would be Gimmer Shelter, but it doesn't seem there would be room for both Miss You and You Can't Always Get What you Want.

Perhaps they don't do Midnight Rambler but to me (although I love the song, it is not in my top 10 favorites but I think it is fantastic and essential to their recent shows)

I would also like to see Out of Control.

Or it could be like the No Security Tour where they skipped Satisfaction, Miss You, and something else I believe prominent

If they do the whole Sticky Fingers album without any participation of MT I will likely not spend a penny on this tour...no t-shirt, no poster, no CD, no DVD and last but not least, no ticket. I know, they won't miss me or any other long-time fan who feels the same.
Actually I would find it quite unbelievable. The elephant in the room would be huge for many. They opened Pandora's box by having MT along for the last tour...and they want to close the lid and put it away? Nah...I can't picture. Let it Loose...Let there be no villains. There's got to be a way to keep everyone content...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 1, 2015 08:22

I agree it would be a bit too much to not have Taylor. They did kind of open Pandora's Box.

But fine. Let's say I understand them just wanting him for that one tour (which I do understand). Let's say he's gone forever, and that last tour was a final hurrah, which by all accounts in fair. Taylor did quit all those years ago after all and while he was underused and probably only brought along as a gimmick, the bottom line was they gave him more benefit than he probably deserved. He didn't HAVE to come back, and thats coming from a massive Taylorite. Despite treating him like shit, they were nice and asking for anything more is a little much.

Having said that, if this tour is based around an album he was ON, it makes things much trickier. You want to tour behind Between The Buttons that involves nothing from him? You go right ahead (personally I'd love it)! Even Let It Bleed works in that instance since he's barely there. But really to tour an album he's on, or to play it in full or have a theme around it and not have him come or play on it? I agree that its testing waters a bit too much and arguably is a bigger sin. This past tour was treated as a 50th Anniversary. They let him come out for his part but thats it, which in the scheme of their history is fair. But basing a tour around an album he is a key part of, and either having him play just a little at these shows or not have him at all? Its questionable I'd drop the dough.

And that sucks, because we all love Sticky Fingers, but I love songs like I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine and Moonlight Mile that I never thought I'd hear live. Its the only reason I'm not totally counting out going if they announced this. But seriously, you involve Taylor and I'm there in a heartbeat, and its only fair. And I say that feeling I have a lot of logic behind that, especially when I cut them A LOT of slack for how he was treated during this past tour. I'm not being unreasonable and if this tour is announced in this fashion, it'll be the true test for Taylor fans IMO.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 1, 2015 10:22

They will probably never allow MT to play the whole SF album with them on stage. If he joins them it will be for midnight rambler and satisfaction. For sure it was great to see him play live with them 2012-2014, but still he is not a member of the band, Ronnie Wood is and i think enough is enough.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 1, 2015 10:25

mtaylor
Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

not waldbühne per se, only meaning a location in USA like waldbühne

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 1, 2015 10:49

Halup
I'm wondering if Sticky Fingers in it's entirety may only be for certain shows

Opening night only, when they present the Deluxe Sticky Fingers Boxset, and every member of the audience will get a box for free.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 1, 2015 11:51

austrianstones
mtaylor
Naturalust
paulywaul
jaggerman

Rumored venues ??

-Pittsburg
-Sticky Fingers

not waldbühne per se, only meaning a location in USA like waldbühne

Hollywood Bowl?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 1, 2015 12:02

DandelionPowderman
austrianstones

not Waldbühne per se, only meaning a location in USA like Waldbühne

Hollywood Bowl?

Red Rocks amphitheater? smiling bouncing smiley
Imagine "I Got The Blues" played in these settings : 9000 persons moved to tears!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-01 12:32 by dcba.

Date: March 1, 2015 14:03

dcba
DandelionPowderman
austrianstones

not Waldbühne per se, only meaning a location in USA like Waldbühne

Hollywood Bowl?

Red Rocks amphitheater? smiling bouncing smiley
Imagine "I Got The Blues" played in these settings : 9000 persons moved to tears!

More like 50,000 moved to tears because they couldn't get tickets... Soldier Field would be my guess for Colorado. But Jeep does sponsor Red Rocks Summer Concert series and the Stones have done a recent promotion with Jeep... and, I admit it would be a great venue to see the Stones. peace

Date: March 1, 2015 14:50

Soldier Field is in Chicago as far as I know.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 1, 2015 15:31

Has anyone considered that Sticky Fingers won't be the theme? My gut feeling is that we are coming to the end. Either they release a new album or do a final tour. The nostalgia tour can't go on forever.

So yes, people say it every tour.. "this could be the last time." So what if this is it? In my opinion there is no better way to go out than in a glass of glory.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 15:46

Red Rocks would be awesome. I can imagine a stunning sunset, the music of the Stones. Oh man life does not get any better than this!hot smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 1, 2015 16:30

Naturalust
[Folsom] Field would be my guess for Colorado.

You may be right. It looks a bit like Waldbuhne. And its 50K+ capacity suits the band better than Red Rocks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home