Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...120121122123124125126127128129130...LastNext
Current Page: 125 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:46

jboug44

I'm probably reaching here, but this makes it seem like the trip will be to Indy. The rumored date is in July, the location, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and what are the most famous words in racing that are spoken before the Indy 500? "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines". Again probably reaching and I'm bored at work.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some cross-marketing with the IMS. Wouldn't it be cool if the Stones joined opening ceremonies in some fashion for the race this year? After Mary Hulman-George says 'Gentlemen, start your engines!', they could que the Stones to play 'Start Me Up'!.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 21:48 by TiminIndy.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:47

It looks like the Stones will in fact play Orlando on Friday, June 12th as opposed to Saturday.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:48

jboug44
"A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner". Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion."

No tickets included >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:57

Raleigh seems like a good choice. Why?

1) July 1st (Wednesday) leads into July 4th weekend.

2) Easier to take that week off as everyone else will probably anyway for unrelated Stones reasons.

3) Great Venue

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:59

Typical Stones. They are the masters of hype. Keep posted. In the past they always claimed it was their last time together. Now we know it could be so let´s make the waiting the fun part of seeing the Stones.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:01

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:04

flacnvinyl
IGTBA
Lien
Just saw this at [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Link isn't working anymore,
Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

[www.justakissaway.rocks]

They are now asking for your date of birth. They probably want to weed out anyone over 40 from winning this prize! Perhaps they will even use age to limit attendees to the rumored pre-tour shows. They did something similar before, with all the beautiful young things in the front rows for the Beacon movie shoots.

I was at the Beacon and was one of the lucky folks who got in through sending info to Doug over at Shidoobee. It was a BLAST. 4th row infront of Ronnie on the first night. Just remember that the first night was a pretty normal gig for the most part, just lots of celebrities/suits because of Clinton being there etc. Wish they'd leave slick Willy at home.

All that to say, the SECOND night is when they brought in all the paid models. All of them were models. Guys and gals. Every single one of them were decked out like they were going clubbing. I joke with several hardcore fans that we should've bought all of the a big pile of hamburgers. Those models looked famished.

There were models there the first night as well. I was there - it was pretty good, but I thought the whole affair was a bit stiff. Atlantic City was better. And the amazing thing is, with one of the greatest directors of all time, a huge crew, paid models and the best equipment money can buy, the Beacon video doesn't compare to Saitama - which was a real show in front of real enthusiastic fans, and the band responds with a tremendous, joyous performance. No overdubs, no cameras flying by - just five or six guys with handheld cameras, whose regular jobs probably involve news reports and baseball games. Watch the upgraded video before they take it down - it's fantastic.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:04

My index finger is getting tired of pressing F5.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:08

mtaylor
BST

[twitter.com]
OMG that could explain the six day gap!!!!!smileys with beer

Date: March 19, 2015 22:10

DREAMTIME
flacnvinyl
IGTBA
Lien

Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

They are now asking for your date of birth. They probably want to weed out anyone over 40 from winning this prize! Perhaps they will even use age to limit attendees to the rumored pre-tour shows. They did something similar before, with all the beautiful young things in the front rows for the Beacon movie shoots.

I was at the Beacon and was one of the lucky folks who got in through sending info to Doug over at Shidoobee. It was a BLAST. 4th row infront of Ronnie on the first night. Just remember that the first night was a pretty normal gig for the most part, just lots of celebrities/suits because of Clinton being there etc. Wish they'd leave slick Willy at home.

All that to say, the SECOND night is when they brought in all the paid models. All of them were models. Guys and gals. Every single one of them were decked out like they were going clubbing. I joke with several hardcore fans that we should've bought all of the a big pile of hamburgers. Those models looked famished.

Shidoobie 'members' were such a disappointment for everyone. They get invited to a filming in NYC and they show up in jeans and t-shirts like they were going to an Allman Brothers show! For so called die hard fans they obviously didn't think. The Stones have style and a video needs to have the right 'colors'. The girls they brought in the second night did not even know who The Stones were BUT they were FUN! It was like they were on ludes. They were very cuddly and fun to play with at the show the way it used to be back in the day! And for those republicans at the first show, it was BILL CLINTON's birthday and it was Great!

That's classic! "like they were going to an Allman Brothers show."
Thanks for the much needed laugh

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:12

hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:16

drbryant
flacnvinyl
IGTBA
Lien

There were models there the first night as well. I was there - it was pretty good, but I thought the whole affair was a bit stiff. Atlantic City was better. And the amazing thing is, with one of the greatest directors of all time, a huge crew, paid models and the best equipment money can buy, the Beacon video doesn't compare to Saitama - which was a real show in front of real enthusiastic fans, and the band responds with a tremendous, joyous performance. No overdubs, no cameras flying by - just five or six guys with handheld cameras, whose regular jobs probably involve news reports and baseball games. Watch the upgraded video before they take it down - it's fantastic.

There were models the first night, but they put out a call immediately following the show which effectively tripled the beautiful people down front. I agree COMPLETELY regarding Saitama and Atlantic City. Saitama the band was completely locked in. The pocket was tight, and Keith and Ronnie were awake.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:17

thisheartisconstant
DREAMTIME
flacnvinyl
IGTBA
Lien

Shidoobie 'members' were such a disappointment for everyone. They get invited to a filming in NYC and they show up in jeans and t-shirts like they were going to an Allman Brothers show! For so called die hard fans they obviously didn't think. The Stones have style and a video needs to have the right 'colors'. The girls they brought in the second night did not even know who The Stones were BUT they were FUN! It was like they were on ludes. They were very cuddly and fun to play with at the show the way it used to be back in the day! And for those republicans at the first show, it was BILL CLINTON's birthday and it was Great!

People do dress terrible to go to events these days. Sweats and pajamas for CSNY but most bands dress no better. The Stones still wear costumes which is what's great. They go all out to give you as good a visual they can muster. When I attend I plan my clothing for weeks and end up looking like David Crosby on Halloween...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:21

Interesting BST Twit...US tour off due to "business differences", BST on ?! AEG are really full of surprises, now where is that AEG UK dude's email, Rob Hallett right ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:23

gotdablouse
Interesting BST Twit...US tour off due to "business differences", BST on ?! AEG are really full of surprises, now where is that AEG UK dude's email, Rob Hallett right ?

If AEG screwed it up, then that would explain alot. I can hear the chants already... "COHL! COHL! COHL!"

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:23

thisheartisconstant
DoomandGloom

People do dress terrible to go to events these days. Sweats and pajamas for CSNY but most bands dress no better. The Stones still wear costumes which is what's great. They go all out to give you as good a visual they can muster. When I attend I plan my clothing for weeks and end up looking like David Crosby on Halloween...

smiling smiley Or like "Whoopy Goldberg at the Oscars" [Mick J.]

About costumes: I don't care. I come for the music 95%, the rest for the lightshow.

Apropos 'As good as they can muster': Remember the "Keith Jacket" thing lately? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:26 by waterrats.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:26

nice

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:36

gotdablouse
Where can I find that Tweet?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:37

Err err err err err ........... I fort there woz gonna be an announcement today ????

Wos goin on maaaaaaaaaaan ????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:41 by paulywaul.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:40

hahaha win a trip to an undisclosed location!!!

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:41

Jumpinjackflash59
Rokyfan

They won't go on sale upon tour announcement (I don't recall that happening) they usually announce tour and when they will go on sale. On sale dates are staggered.

Well, it happened for the Bigger Bang Tour in 2005. The press conference at Julliard School, NYC, wasn't even over when tixs went on sale (at least for the Boston shows as far as i remember).

Hmm, I'm in Boston and went to both Fenway shows- ended up getting onstage tix for $75/. Maybe I'm wrong. I think I had the fanclub code for the 1st fenway show and there were separate sales dates. Or was that for the licks tour only?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:41

spunky
gotdablouse

It's just above under the picture, but there you go : [twitter.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:42

spunky
gotdablouse

WHAT?! sad smileyeye popping smiley it CAN'T be cancelled!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:45

gotdablouse
spunky
gotdablouse

It's just above under the picture, but there you go : [twitter.com]

Still can't see that tweet anywhere. - OK, I see now. You're just referencing that setlist pic they tweeted. The part about US tour off due to business differences wasn't tweeted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:47 by ohotos.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:51

The weather conditions weren't right. That's the reason for the delay. Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie are going to be paragliding in to announce the tour. Once the weather is better, then look up! smiling smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:53

MileHigh
The weather conditions weren't right. That's the reason for the delay. Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie are going to be paragliding in to announce the tour. Once the weather is better, then look up! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:56 by stones2000.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:55

Ronnie is in London playing at the Roundhouse tonight.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:55

MileHigh

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ROTF! Thanks! Nice one!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 23:01

spunky
Ronnie is in London playing at the Roundhouse tonight.

Damn.

Perhaps a Mick and Keith -
Letterman: Top Ten reasons to go to the Rolling Stones tour this summer...

Tapes at 5:30 EST.. Just sayin'..

Date: March 19, 2015 23:05

I.....CAN'T GET NOOOOOOOO SAATTTIIISSSSSFAAACCTIIIIOOOOONNNNNNNN

OH NO NO NO

HEY HEY HEY

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...120121122123124125126127128129130...LastNext
Current Page: 125 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50