Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:33

Kansas City date set to Sat June 27.

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: jbowman2 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:41

Hey all!

Haven't posted for awhile. I'm from Chicago, and can't wait for the Milwaukee show to be announced. Does anybody think it's strange, however, that they would play at Marcus Amphitheater on the 23rd, the day BEFORE Summerfest starts? (For those unfamiliar with it...Summerfest is a giant 2-week festival that has headliners every night at the Marcus)

Jeremy

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:43

Donno34
Wander
Am I still a fool to cry for RED ROCKS?

I know I am.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

But realize I may have to wait for South America, as I will be there this fall....

I think if Barry Fey was still with us we would be looking at 2 shows at Red Rocks. Can't believe the greatest rock and roll band in the world wouldn't want to play the greatest amphitheater in the world.

I am still not ruling this out yet. Time will tell.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:46

virgil
Aquamarine
Milwaukee wins the venue lottery, looking at the list. A 25,000 amphitheater sounds more enticing to me than a 80,000 stadium (not that I'll be there).

Aquamarine, At first glance it looks that way. I then tried to find out how many seats they actually have. I could not find it any where I think when they say 25000 that includes the lawn which is a nice way of saying standing room. I do know the the red and yellow sections are under the roof and then the bleacher section followed by the lawn are not.

Im sure a member here does know the true seating capacity.

25,000 is the capacity for the Marcus Amphitheater which is why I'm surprised that that is the venue rumoured. Yes that includes quite a bit of lawn seat/stand area. Good place to see a show overall, have seen many over the years during the Summerfest music festival. I thought Miller Park was going to be the place since Paul McCartney had played there last year and it has a retractable roof.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:47

bv
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Rolling Stones are coming to Nashville, according to a source familiar with the legendary group’s plans for an upcoming tour, but the announcement of an announcement appear to be a bit premature.

Earlier today, the mayor indicated an announcement about a Nashville stop would be made at 11 a.m. on Thursday at LP Field.

Wednesday afternoon his office has confirmed that it will now be re-scheduled at a later date.

A source who has been briefed on the postponement says “the local show will proceed, but the announcement of the national tour has been postponed.”

The source indicated that “contracts have been signed” with the promoter to bring the Stones to LP Field at a date News 2 previously learned is Wednesday, June 17.

An issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing is being blamed for the delay.

[wkrn.com]

Does this mean it won't be tommorow now?sad smiley I can't think it's accurate, after all the billboards and hashtags. And that's only one article, every other article I've read (including ones from today) say tommorow is still a go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 00:53 by stones2000.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:50

Any idea how long of a delay there is going to be for the concert announcement? I was all excited for tomorrow, and now that excitement has been crushed. No Satisfaction Thursday!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:51

Definitely not #SatisfactionThursday... at least not this one...

Date: March 19, 2015 00:55

And why does a ticketing issue have to cause a tour announcement postponement? Announce the tour, with the dates and location and then announce the tickets once they have a firm on-sale date. Very frustrating.

Date: March 19, 2015 00:55

dougingb
And why does a ticketing issue have to cause a tour announcement postponement? Announce the tour, with the dates and location and then announce the tickets once they have a firm on-sale date. Very frustrating.

I don't think it's true... Not after all this hype

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:56

#DissatisfactionThursday

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:56

Couldn't agree more.

dougingb

Date: March 19, 2015 00:57

stones2000
dougingb

I sure hope you're right and it isn't true. We'll find out tomorrow though!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:59

stones2000
bv
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Rolling Stones are coming to Nashville, according to a source familiar with the legendary group’s plans for an upcoming tour, but the announcement of an announcement appear to be a bit premature.

Earlier today, the mayor indicated an announcement about a Nashville stop would be made at 11 a.m. on Thursday at LP Field.

Wednesday afternoon his office has confirmed that it will now be re-scheduled at a later date.

A source who has been briefed on the postponement says “the local show will proceed, but the announcement of the national tour has been postponed.”

The source indicated that “contracts have been signed” with the promoter to bring the Stones to LP Field at a date News 2 previously learned is Wednesday, June 17.

An issue with the nationwide promoter’s ticketing is being blamed for the delay.

[wkrn.com]

Does this mean it won't be tommorow now?sad smiley I can't think it's accurate, after all the billboards and hashtags. And that's only one article, every other article I've read (including ones from today) say tommorow is still a go.

Now it seems clear to me why the hashtag #SatisfactionThusday has been taken out from justakissaway.rocks, if there will be no announcement tomorrow. [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 19, 2015 00:59

I'd rather wait and have the tour itenerary correct first time around. Too many factors involved-

Tour sites ( not the actual cities but the venue itself)
Hotels
Flights
Work Schedule
Ticket Prices
Stage Configuration
Venue layout

If it takes another four or five days so be it. I'm only going to one and I want all info spot right.

Date: March 19, 2015 01:00

dougingb
stones2000
dougingb

I sure hope you're right and it isn't true. We'll find out tomorrow though!

Yeah. Well when you think that the Stones themselves have said Thursday, and this is not the Stones. This is some newspaper who may or may not be reliable

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:05

vibrolux
Well, if it goes as it looks right now, that's just one show west of Texas out of 15. Even if Seattle gets 6/27, that's only two out of 15.

Still hopin'...

two thirds of the usa population live east of the mississippi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:07

My brother from Denver just called me and he heard on the radio that the tour announcement is being postponed but that they will be adding like six more gigs to the tour.

plexi

Posted by: martini22 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:09

I'm still hopeful that Seattle will get a gig, but May 27 doesn't look too good. The soccer team is playing CenturyLink Field on that day, but Safeco Field will be available. However, the Mariners play there on May 28, and I'm not sure if the team want a huge stadium setup (stage and fans) damaging their turf the day before. It might take more than a day to fix it, if the Stones play there.

And it looks like Barry Manilow is playing the Key Arena on May 27.

I still have hope, but they are not that high at this point.

Date: March 19, 2015 01:16

DREAMTIME
vibrolux
Well, if it goes as it looks right now, that's just one show west of Texas out of 15. Even if Seattle gets 6/27, that's only two out of 15.

Still hopin'...

two thirds of the usa population live east of the mississippi

No response- just comments

I think the Midwest/Mideast is getting a good deal on this tour slate. I would even consider Pitt borderline Midwest/Mideast.

This tour from a geographical standpoint obviously differs from the norm. More research would have to back up my cursory thoughts.

Northeast did very well last tour Boston (2) Philly (2??), Washington , Broooklyn, etc..

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:22

timbernardis
My brother from Denver just called me and he heard on the radio that the tour announcement is being postponed but that they will be adding like six more gigs to the tour.

plexi
Well alright, the powers that be maybe listened to Doom and Gloomsmoking smiley. We've got One More Shot on The East Coast..smileys with beer I am taking all the credit if an I 95 show is announced.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 01:25 by DoomandGloom.

Date: March 19, 2015 01:39

Great News!!! Again, I think official tour announcement/dates etc.. should not be announced until all ducks are in a row.

It's really involved -

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:40

timbernardis

plexi

That's a good enough reason to postpone the announcement, with all the "Thursday" hype I guess it will have to be March 26th instead of tomorrow. Plenty of time to make arrangements and extra time to get the pre-announcement hype up. The longer the billboards are up, the more people are getting to see them....But it is a bit strange after the expectations....

peace

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:42

Naturalust
timbernardis

plexi

That's a good enough reason to postpone the announcement, with all the "Thursday" hype I guess it will have to be March 26th instead of tomorrow. Plenty of time to make arrangements and extra time to get the pre-announcement hype up. The longer the billboards are up, the more people are getting to see them....But it is a bit strange after the expectations....

peace

And Save Money...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:43

Naturalust
timbernardis

plexi

peace

Looks to me like they'll be adding several of the speculated days, Vancouver/Seattle/Salt Lake, maybe something in Colorado.

Date: March 19, 2015 01:48

treaclefingers
Naturalust
timbernardis

plexi

peace

Looks to me like they'll be adding several of the speculated days, Vancouver/Seattle/Salt Lake, maybe something in Colorado.

Man I sure hope so!

Date: March 19, 2015 01:49

stones2000
treaclefingers
Naturalust
timbernardis

plexi

peace

Man I sure hope so!

Somehow you get alerted any time Vancouver is mentioned in this thread.

DUDE, how do you do it?!

Date: March 19, 2015 01:49

Maybe this is just a ploy of the Stones to make us unprepared for an announcement tommorow. Possibly?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 19, 2015 01:57

BV what hotel did you stay in for the last show in Buffalo in 1997?

Date: March 19, 2015 02:02

stones2000
Maybe this is just a ploy of the Stones to make us unprepared for an announcement tommorow. Possibly?

Yes, I've always known deep down they probably hate us for making them tour like this.

There prolly just trying to jerk us around!

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:04

treaclefingers
stones2000

Yes, I've always known deep down they probably hate us for making them tour like this.

There prolly just trying to jerk us around!

Grrrrrrrrrr

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home