Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:14

Peterh
Definitely not #SatisfactionThursday... at least not this one...

Maybe next week we'll get what we need?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:19

footlooseman
treaclefingers
stones2000
Maybe this is just a ploy of the Stones to make us unprepared for an announcement tommorow. Possibly?

Yes, I've always known deep down they probably hate us for making them tour like this.

There prolly just trying to jerk us around!

Grrrrrrrrrr
Charlie just came back from 2 weeks of caviar tasting, massage and float tank therapy and saw the schedule. "4th of July at a speedway, who came up with that?, Get me my singer, is there a Tiffany in Pittsburgh?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 02:22 by DoomandGloom.

Date: March 19, 2015 02:42

DoomandGloom
footlooseman
treaclefingers
stones2000
Maybe this is just a ploy of the Stones to make us unprepared for an announcement tommorow. Possibly?

Yes, I've always known deep down they probably hate us for making them tour like this.

Grrrrrrrrrr
Charlie just came back from 2 weeks of caviar tasting, massage and float tank therapy and saw the schedule. "4th of July at a speedway, who came up with that?, Get me my singer, is there a Tiffany in Pittsburgh?"

mick needs to watch it or Charlie'll swat him one.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:44

Maybe next Thursday.. hope that.. hurry up guys!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:56

the Denver station also said something in reference to the six additional shows, something like that those cities have not yet had a billboard up.

plexi

Date: March 19, 2015 03:09

Sounding interesting...just looked at BV's show list and there are some 4 day gaps for shows in there that I'm sure they could plug in a few shows.

There is a 6 day gap between San Diego May 24 and Columbus Ohio May 30.

How about Seattle May 26 and Vancouver May 28?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:17

So I'm guessing for the rumored dates to be added possibly
-Vancouver would be BC Place
-Seattle would be CenturyLink Field (or a different venue)
-Salt Lake City would be Rice-Eccles Stadium or Rio Tinto Stadium

Date: March 19, 2015 03:31

martini22
I'm still hopeful that Seattle will get a gig, but May 27 doesn't look too good. The soccer team is playing CenturyLink Field on that day, but Safeco Field will be available. However, the Mariners play there on May 28, and I'm not sure if the team want a huge stadium setup (stage and fans) damaging their turf the day before. It might take more than a day to fix it, if the Stones play there.

And it looks like Barry Manilow is playing the Key Arena on May 27.

I still have hope, but they are not that high at this point.

Well if they're adding around 6 new date slots (because of the announcement delay), they wouldn't necessarily have to fit Seattle into May 27th. There's a gap between the May 24th San Diego and May 30th Columbus shows. Maybe they could come during those days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 03:32 by stones2000.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:38

Denver should be May 27th

Date: March 19, 2015 03:41

The announcement will be tomorrow. Billboards already in place in the cities with shows. No problem adding dates at this point and no reason to delay the announcement because of added dates.

Let's get ready to rumble !!!!

Date: March 19, 2015 03:52

jumpontopofmebaby
The announcement will be tomorrow. Billboards already in place in the cities with shows. No problem adding dates at this point and no reason to delay the announcement because of added dates.

Let's get ready to rumble !!!!

But what about the newspaper article? It said the delay was real

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:55

How about a Rentschler Field in Hartford as one of those six added city's. cool smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:56

Pittsburgh Heinz Field is set for June 20th. Ticketmaster has that date canceled off now for Heinz Field for people who want to visit the stadium as a tourist.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:57

Although it was reported to be Vanderbilt Stadium for June 10, in Nashville, the date change may have been influenced by fact that Bonneroo starts on June 11, just 'down the road' a bit.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:58

treaclefingers
Sounding interesting...just looked at BV's show list and there are some 4 day gaps for shows in there that I'm sure they could plug in a few shows.

These guys are 70 years old - you think they are going to do 4 shows in 6 days?

As far as moving the stage, it is 2,400 miles from Vancouver to Columbus. Semi-trucks can only go about 1,200 miles in 24 hours, and that is with team drivers. I'm sure they also need more than 24 hours to set everything up.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:03

Husky Stadium- Seattle May 27th.

Rumored and an excellent choice.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:04

Switching gears for a minute, I just saw this on Shidoobee and thought it might be of interest here.

GlimmerGirl24/Tiger's Ticket Buying Tutorial

It really depends on what tickets you're going for. There won't necessarily be better tickets in the presale. Nor will they be easier to grab because everyone and the guy living in a box under the freeway overpass these days have an AMEX or Citicard for concert ticket purchases. I'll divide it up by price levels and locations.

Packages - lower deck in front of the stage, golden circle pit and reserved field. They're pricey and are easy to get in either sale. They probably sit a bit longer in the presale. If you're going for those and the conditions of the presale work for you, buy. Don't buy unless it's exactly what you want. You don't want to spend $1500 on a seat 20 rows from where you want to be. Toss them back and try again in the general sale. You might do better. Sometimes the best package seats aren't in the presale. If you're going for the first section in front of the stage, about every low row has a handful. To see how they allocate them - look at Neil Diamond's April concerts (Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, etc) on TM that let you choose on the map. Or Mellencamp's Detroit show at the Fillmore should give you the idea too.

Top Price Ticket - on the field or lower deck near the stage, play in the presale. But if all you're pulling up are back of the stadium - don't pull the trigger. Try again in the general sale. If it's still towards the back or up high - refrain from buying. In the initial sales, AEG is going to push the least desirable in that price range. They know they can sell the better ones later, but not the high rent seats in low rent areas. Don't be fooled that all the good tickets in high rent areas are gone. They are not. They're just not in the inventory for the sale and they're not being added because people aren't buying the high rent ones in yucky sections. They'll drop desirable high rent areas later - just keep checking for them. They'll have them at the box office on the day of the concert.

Upper Deck Side Stage - are probably best bought in the presale, especially if there are Lucky Dips. In 2013, the side stage upper decks were limited since at least half were Lucky Dips. If you're going after that location, plan on the presale. They usually do not show up in a pre or general sale until they've sold the less desirable upper deck tickets. And sometimes they show up after the initial sales because the upper deck sold slowly. It's a judgment call on whether they're holding them back or the scalpers grabbed them all. If you keep getting the same sections and rows in yucky parts of the upper deck - it's probably a slow sale.

Upper Deck, Right In Front Of The Stage - I'd follow the same advice as the upper deck side stage. Try for them in the presale. If you don't find them, try again in the general sale. The general sale won't offer anything worse, so you're safe in tossing back in the presale. If it looks like slow sales, wait for drops later on.

Get Me In The Door With The Cheapest Ticket - this ticket is as hard to get as the front row. Sometimes there are no more than eight rows of them. There will not be drops later - unless there is an incredible fire sale that reprices more expensive tickets. (This is not unheard of - Boston's Gillette Stadium in '06 reduced the upper deck to the lowest price). Sometimes the presales have them, sometimes they don't. Click in both sales and if you find them, buy. Do not toss back. Especially do not toss back if there are Lucky Dips because the Lucky Dips will severely limit this inventory. If there is a fire sale later, you can buy better tickets and sell your first purchase on Stubhub, ebay or the street.

Lower Deck Side Stage - most of the side stage on Ronnie's side is held back for crew, personal friends and family. You can often buy those close to the day of the concert. In pre and general sales, side stage does not turn up until they've sold the back of the venue. Sometimes they do not show up in the initial sales if the tickets aren't flying out the door. There's usually drops for these later.

The Two Lower Deck Sections In Front Of The Stage On Ronnie's Side are usually FOB (Friend of the Band) locations. You can often find drops for them later on. With other bands (Elton John), these sections can be fan club seats.

Middle Sections, Lower Deck are usually held back. Season ticket holders, venue sponsors, suite owners, venue suppliers (hot dogs, toilet paper, beer) have dibs on them so you don't see many in the initial sales. Especially down low. They often appear later in drops.

Pit With Seated Floor - if you want in those front rows behind the pit without buying a package, your odds of finding them in the initial sales are low because only a handful are released. They will show up eventually. The packages that don't sell will be returned to the inventory too. However, the box office employees may pull most of them for friends. But if that's where you must be, then you must wait it out. If you don't have nerves of steel - act like you do. Depending on how many they have left, they might start dropping them two weeks before show time. Or it might be the night before. Or at 6pm the day of the show at the box office. If that's where you want to be, hold out. You'll either get lucky or end up with a decent lower deck seat.

If they have the Lucky Dips - a pair for $200, about 10 to 15% are in good locations - the pit, mid lower deck. There will be several rows of them at the back of the stadium, lower deck, high up. There should be a side stage section on either side of the stage, upper deck. Maybe a few side stage, lower deck. The rest will be in the top rows, circling the upper deck. At least 50% of the purchasers, if not more, will be paying $100 for a seat that would have been priced at $60 if the Lucky Dip promotion didn't exist. In the arenas, it was worth the gamble, at least for me. Out of seven shows, I made it into the tongue pit twice. I don't want to discourage you from Lucky Dips, just letting you know where they are and what your chances are to end up in a high rent district.

Don't worry that the stadiums are going to sell out in the initial sales because the Stones haven't played the city in 10 to 18 years. They will not. Only 50 to 70% of the inventory will be released in the presale and general sales. That inventory will not sell out. They may pull the inventory for awhile after the general sale, but it will come back. In some towns they'll be handing them out to Girl Scouts for a box of cookies. There will be papering.

AEG also does flex pricing. Where a section will have two prices. If a sale is slow, a $300 section can change to $150. This can happen twenty minutes into the sale. I'm sure we will see flex pricing in the lower deck from mid venue to the back switch to lower prices as the shows get closer. They'll reduce the price and stamp obstructed view on the ticket. The view will not be obstructed. A couple of days before the concert (or it could be sooner depending on sales) the section will return to the original price.

Papering is when stacks of tickets are handed out to local businesses. Stones concerts are notorious for papering, they do not want empty seats. The tickets will go to radio stations, beverage and food suppliers, suite owners, venue and tour sponsors, etc. If you know of a company with any tie to the venue, let them know you're looking for tickets. If you buy Lucky Dips, it can be a good back up plan. The brokers over bought for the 50th anniversary shows in '12. They under bought for 13's 50 And Counting. We'll have to wait and see if eBay and StubHub will be a buyer's market.

TM, Stubhub, etc. all have apps which are great for looking for ticket drops and day of the show sales. Stubhub often has a temporary office set up in a hotel near the venue and can print the tickets.

You might want to get a drop group together, if someone sees a drop, they notify the rest in the group. The app GroupMe works great for this. If you don't have a smart phone, you can still receive and send texts. You can also send/receive from their website. Google Voice might work well too.

If you aren't buying tickets for the shows that go on sale first, click in the pre and general sales. Offer to help someone click who is buying. If you are buying in the first sales, practice in whatever sales TM has going on sale this weekend. If you have never bought through Tickets or AXS, practice in their sales this weekend. Click on buy to see how their purchasing differs. Practice gives you a chance to see how tickets are released and how they are selling. Practice results in cool, calm, informed heads and luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:07 by timbernardis.

Date: March 19, 2015 04:05

MisterDDDD
Husky Stadium- Seattle May 27th.

Rumored and an excellent choice.

That would be so amazing!! grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out but where did you see the rumor?

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:18

plqmule
How about a Rentschler Field in Hartford as one of those six added city's. cool smiley

@#$%& ya....adding The Wrench in E.Hartford would be tits and fall in line with the odd city stadium theme
GET UP STAND UP was played the only time the Stones graced that field...i believe the wrenchs first ever concert.....wow what a night...epic tale of an epic night.So many perfect storms were created to get us up front including an assist from a trained pet praying mantis...you wouldnt believe me if i told yacool smiley

Date: March 19, 2015 04:20

TiminIndy
treaclefingers

These guys are 70 years old - you think they are going to do 4 shows in 6 days?

As far as moving the stage, it is 2,400 miles from Vancouver to Columbus. Semi-trucks can only go about 1,200 miles in 24 hours, and that is with team drivers. I'm sure they also need more than 24 hours to set everything up.

I think you're right. The whole Indianapolis thing is ridiculous anyway...best to just cancel it

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:30

From a link on Shidoobee...

Just a kiss away...
Here is our latest and possibly final Rolling Stones tour prediction, in advance of Thursday's (or is it tomorrow's?) announcement...

5/24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA

5/27 Husky Stadium, Seattle, WA or Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT

5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH

6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

6/9 LP Field, Nashville, TN

6/12 Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando, FL

6/16 Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA

6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

6/23 Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI

6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

6/30 or 7/1 Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN

7/8 Comerica Park, Detroit, MI

7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

7/?? Magnetic Hill Music Festival, Moncton, NB

Plus:

5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York, NY, among other television appearances

5/19-21 Club Nokia and/or Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA (2 filmed shows)

6/18 Live Earth Festival, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey?

Mid-late July? - Forest Hills Stadium, New York, NY (3 shows)?

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:36

DeanGoodman
Naturalust
DoomandGloom
Boston, New York City et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. .

San Francisco Bay Area is actually their most affluent audience these days. Worth coming back 1/2 across the country to play....still hoping.....

peace

Nah. This is the Salt of the Earth tour.

"salt of the earth" tour is a fantastic name for this tour! i'd buy the t-shirt!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:41

Woz
rbk
I'm guessing every show will contain the Sticky Fingers warhorses ('Sugar, Bitch, Wild Horses) and then alternate some, but not all, of the rest. "Dead Flowers," "CYHMK" and "Sway" perhaps. 4-5 songs total. The rest of the set will be much like they've been doing since 2012.

This is what I expect, a 4-5 song SF mini-set and it will be fantastic. If they manage to notch it up a little from that the show will be a grand slam in my book!

Add to that the possibility they do it on the b stage. Knocked me socks off In 14k seat Quebec City when they did little queenie 10 feet in Front of me

Posted by: dropped ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:54

DoomandGloom
footlooseman
treaclefingers
stones2000

Grrrrrrrrrr

Mr.Watts, Pittsburgh does indeed have a Tiffany. and Primanti's. Yinz are welcome.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:59

Chris Fountain
DREAMTIME
vibrolux
Well, if it goes as it looks right now, that's just one show west of Texas out of 15. Even if Seattle gets 6/27, that's only two out of 15.

Still hopin'...

two thirds of the usa population live east of the mississippi

No response- just comments

I think the Midwest/Mideast is getting a good deal on this tour slate. I would even consider Pitt borderline Midwest/Mideast.

This tour from a geographical standpoint obviously differs from the norm. More research would have to back up my cursory thoughts.

Northeast did very well last tour Boston (2) Philly (2??), Washington , Broooklyn, etc..

Geographically the Midwest is Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska. Anything immediately east of there would be the Mideast - Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota. The Northeast includes Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio along with Pennsylvania etc.

Why people in the United States hold on to an ancient way of thinking like they do about where things are geographically is mind blowing.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:05

"Pittsburgh does indeed have a Tiffany." Really???

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:06

With San Diego's Petco Park apparently serving as the stadium opener on May 24, we might see a preview/approximation of possible Stones seating arrangements from this diagram of the forthcoming Miss Swift concert (August 2015), as shown on the Padres ticketing site.

[sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

The same link leads to assorted packages and their prices for the TS show.

Of course, the eventual Stones diagram and packages may vary considerably.

Harold

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:23

GAFF
Summergirl
Hey sdstonesguy....
If you and others from SB are headed to San Diego, it would be fun to meet up before the concert. We are staying at the San Diego Marriott at the marina on West Harbor Drive...rolling in on Saturday afternoon.

Perhaps we can set up a joint IORR/Shidoobee gathering in the Gas Lamp!

I'm all for that! We're only coming down from LA so not sure yet if we'll book both the 23rd and 24th yet, rates are a lot cheaper for the 24th only so that makes me sceptical of the actual show date.

Posted by: Cyranose ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:38

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I live in Madison, Wisconsin and work just a few blocks from Camp Randall. I'm surprised to see the above post for Madison. Camp Randall hasn't hosted a concert since 1997, and big names just don't come here like they used to. I was looking forward to going to Milwaukee.

Anyway, if the Camp Randall/Madison, Wisconsin posting above is found to have any substance to it, I would be happy to go on the billboard hunt if needed Thursday late afternoon as I have a pretty good idea where such billboards would likely be placed in a very high traffic area.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:45

Does that list have more weifgt than Bjornulf's?

I was really looking forward to Milwaukee.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home