Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:55

Indy will be a traditional giant stage. No word yet on whether the bstage has returned or not.

Date: March 18, 2015 16:57

No just how I feel

17 of the 18 times I have seen them there was no Mick Taylor and they were great without him

The Rolling Stones I know are Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wood.

They do just fine to me.

So forget MT and on with the SHOW!

You May be Disappointed at Indianapolis Speedway
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:19

In 2006, we went to Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky to see the Stones perform on the moving stage. The stage was located in the middle of this venue for horse racing. Looking to save money, we bought tickets just outside the further end of the location where the horses must make a sharp turn. It was the worst time I have ever had at a Stones concert.

We were only barely able to see the Stones and the stage from our seats. The volume was far too low, and the screen in front of us was undersized and about 100 yards away from us. The acoustics were lousy. Because Churchill Downs was unaccustomed to such large crowds, portable toilets were erected in the mud, and there were not nearly enough of them. The police seemed confused in how to deal with the huge numbers of people. On top of that, it rained hard for about half the concert. But weather is not the issue here. It was the way the seating was botched together to make seating for a rock concert. If there were others at this concert in 2006, please weigh in.

I am not trying to be negative about this great concert coming up. I would only advise that you get seats as close to the Stones as you can. If you cannot, you may want to go to a concert near Indy.

Re: You May be Disappointed at Indianapolis Speedway
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:46

Excellent Points. The Stadium simply does not match an indoor concert experience.

Concerning Indy - I think they would probably play in Lucas Oil Stadium.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:52

I'm concerned with how the stage and seating would be arranged at the IMS. If it is mostly lawn seating, I would think it would have to be general admission. If there are some seats available at a premium, I will probably do that. I would much prefer LOS.

I also am curious if there is any chance the Milwaukee show might be at Alpine Valley instead of the Marcus Center. I saw The Who at Alpine Valley in `87 and would love to go there for a Stones show.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:00

When Indy was announced I said i'll be there, when I heard the venue I said forget it.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:05

I was at Churchill Downs and having been there before and with friends from Louisville, chose seats directly facing the stage in the upper grand stand.
I felt horrible for those on outer edges.

The sound was a problem everywhere. I was told it was because of the horses in barns nearby-that's also why we did not get the usual fireworks at the end of the show.

As for Indy, I know the track well and seating is going to be an issue.

Crowd control, however, will not be a problem. The Indy 500 has crowds of over 200,000 and the police and the area around the track know how to handle the crowds.

Obviously, Lucas Oil stadium would be better for everyone-and it is available if the online calendar for the stadium is correct.

However, if they bend the stage wings backward to mimic the turn 3 grandstand curve, which is the rumored stage location, then everyone will see just fine. If they use the standard box stage from Australia and Europe then we all have problems.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:06 by camper88.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:05

Regarding Indy, if they do it at IMS I believe the stage will be in turn 4, not turn 3 like some are hearing. Turn 4 is where they do the Carb day concert and Legends day concerts now before the Indy 500. Last year Jason Aldean had almost 50,000 people there and it went very well. If they do it in turn 3, that eliminates a lot of the close by parking that is great at IMS. For those concerts it was mostly GA, with pit passes as well, along with some temporary bleacher type seats close and to the sides of the stages for people to sit. The red X in the pic is where the stage was and the arrow the way it faces.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:06

GOT MY NICKI MINAJ AMEX PRESALE JUST NOW!

no code

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:07

palerider22
I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

It's easy to comprehend if you give it an honest try.

For example, if I give it an honest try, I can totally understand how people would want the Taylor from forty years ago to reclaim his spot, so to speak, with the band.

To do so, of course one of the others would have to give up playing time..
(most likely Ronnie).. For me that's not a trade I'm willing to make.

Think of it this way, if Gary Clark Jr., who has mass guitar skills, was asked to sit in for an entire concert or tour, and the spotlight went to him rather than a Rolling Stone through-out...

I'm sure you can understand the anti-Taylor sentiment, if you try.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:10

Just saw this on Twitter - pretty freaking cool:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:19

MisterDDDD
palerider22
I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

It's easy to comprehend if you give it an honest try.

For example, if I give it an honest try, I can totally understand how people would want the Taylor from forty years ago to reclaim his spot, so to speak, with the band.

To do so, of course one of the others would have to give up playing time..
(most likely Ronnie).. For me that's not a trade I'm willing to make.

Think of it this way, if Gary Clark Jr., who has mass guitar skills, was asked to sit in for an entire concert or tour, and the spotlight went to him rather than a Rolling Stone through-out...

I'm sure you can understand the anti-Taylor sentiment, if you try.

Please try and be more condescending. I'm not sure you've talked down enough to Palerider.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:20

That certainly is 'poster-worthy' TiminIndy

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:20

Stones fan site It’s Only Rock’n'Roll lists a May 30th Ohio Stadium date as a rumor for the Stones’ summer run

[columbus.suntimes.com]

yay to the columbus suntimes for listing the source

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:25

TiminIndy
Just saw this on Twitter - pretty freaking cool:

Looks like its the "STEEL WHEELS TOUR" again...
cool smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:27

@flilflam - I was there for the Churchill Downs gig. (Bootlegged it too!) The gig was a blast, but that depended greatly where you were positioned. All of us out in the field had a blast. I was directly under the main PA stacks stage left. Perfect sound, a bit bass-heavy, but loud n clear. I took a buddy who had never seen them before and he was easily converted. Other friends had tickets all of ther place and most had a great time. A few folks were far off to the sides and I heard terrible things about the sound. Sorry to hear about your experience!

Regarding Indy and the stage placement... the stage will be BETWEEN turn 3 and 4.

Posted by: bobt ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:29

if the shows posted are accurate the big city ones will be added in at a later date

Date: March 18, 2015 17:32

If they are playing the Indy Speedway over LOS -it's a mistake.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:34

hasn't there been a concert at IMS before? didn't a country act do a stadium show there?

i'm also glad there will be no mick taylor. it was interesting seeing him in newark, but he never really seemed to gel with the band for the other shows. it was okay but it seemed to highlight how he quit and the band kept working and getting better. woody was great on midnight rambler every show in 2005/06/07.

Date: March 18, 2015 17:38

Chris Fountain
If they are playing the Indy Speedway over LOS -it's a mistake.
Agreed X100, they'll still make a fortune and be able to sell a ton of tickets at Lucas Oil...it's not like it's a small venue by any means.

Posted by: StuartH ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:39

The Tennessean (tennssean.com) is now reporting that the Stones will be playing LP Field (home of the NFL's Tennessee Titans) in Nashville this summer. According to Wikipedia, capacity is about 69,000 (for football?) vs. Vanderbilt Stadium's 40,000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 17:39 by StuartH.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:39

For those who believe Taylor subtracts from the Rolling Stones experience - you've lost your mind.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:41

Kurt

Looks like its the "STEEL WHEELS TOUR" again...
cool smiley

... Or the wheels have come off the bus.

Date: March 18, 2015 17:43

StuartH
The Tennessean (tennssean.com) is now reporting that the Stones will be playing LP Field (home of the NFL's Tennessee Titans) in Nashville this summer. According to Wikipedia, capacity is about 69,000 (for football?) vs. Vanderbilt Stadium's 40,000.
Hmm interesting. Two things I vaguely remember about the Vanderbilt show from BTB was the show took place in the mid afternoon and there was no alcohol. Does anyone remember this? It's possible this caused the move to the NFL stadium.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 17:43 by mnewman505.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:44

Getting in and out of Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a pain in the arse. Or at least it was 25 years ago when I went down for a 500. Two hours to get in. Two hours to get out. Now, this is based on a crowd for the race of about 300,000. I'm guessing the Stones will perform to less than a third that number but still...

Date: March 18, 2015 17:44

StuartH

Wow - this is turning into a money venture as opposed to a music event. This is kinda of compromising.

Posted by: pcovin ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:47

mnewman505
StuartH
Hmm interesting. Two things I vaguely remember about the Vanderbilt show from BTB was the show took place in the mid afternoon and there was no alcohol. Does anyone remember this? It's possible this caused the move to the NFL stadium.

It was definitely dark out when the Vanderbilt '97 show started because I have a photo that I took of Keef's first note on Satisfaction with the flares shooting out from the big oval screen. I don't remember there being no alcohol either but I had to make the drive back to Atlanta that night, so maybe I didn't drink.

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:49

MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
I paid 2.59 in NY today but gas is cheaper near the fracking states...I gave Brussels and Love you Live a good listen in my long day of driving. I thought about what I really want as a fan and that is; I hope everybody that wants to, will get their shot seeing them once more. I had my shows, Brooklyn, Boston, Philly, Cutting Room and managed to do it for less than 400 bucks, I don't want to be greedy. I did pick a perfect screen name for my lousy disposition, I love the people's passion here at IORR and don't want to be seen as the guy who wants failure for the band and fans I share this love for the music with..

Well said.
These shows will be amazing and the places for different reasons.The one common denominator though will be the amazing people we will all meet and the amazing music we will all witness... Again.

Perfectly stated MisterDDDD!!!

Date: March 18, 2015 17:49

pcovin
mnewman505
StuartH

It was definitely dark out when the Vanderbilt '97 show started because I have a photo that I took of Keef's first note on Satisfaction with the flares shooting out from the big oval screen. I don't remember there being no alcohol either but I had to make the drive back to Atlanta that night, so maybe I didn't drink.
Fair enough it looks like it was an early show but not in the mid afternoon..
Start time: 5:30 p.m.
End time: 7:45 p.m.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home