Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 18, 2015 13:17

I've got two AMEX cards, a BA/AMEX and an AMEX Gold, but am not planning on going to any of these shows. DRAT !! eye rolling smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 13:17

MisterDDDD
"Yeah, SD is my backup plan too. But I'm hoping for somewhere closer. Bv referenced Seattle or Salt Lake City. Seattle I could just hop a ferry to, and Salt Lake City is a perfect road trip. It sounds like you and I have a similar plan/wishlist smiling smiley

If you plan on flying to SD, there is really inexpensive (< $150 round-trip) airfare out of Bellingham to SD. if you're unaware.. I'm going to fly in several days/week early to LA in hopes of catching rehearsals and/or a club gig...[/quote]

Oh cool thanks for telling me. The cheap airfare could be handy if I end up doing San Diego. Oh are the rehearsals in LA this year?

Date: March 18, 2015 13:20

spidey9
a bigger nut
palerider22
Rolling Stones Tour Sticky Fingers...(includes dates last time each song was played)

Sticky Fingers Tour

"The paper goes on to say that the dates will be announced next week (they were originally rumored to be coming this week)"

Next week ??confused smiley

Sloppy writing - the story in the UT San Diego that the article is referencing is datelined March 14 - last Saturday, at which time Thursday would have been "next week."

Phew. I was worried there for a little while

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 18, 2015 13:22

Chris Fountain
Can't one just apply for an AMEX card over the phone before tix go on sale? They will probably give you a card number at that time.

NO, they won't.
I tried this. You have to have the actual because you need the "security" number which is printed on the card.
I ordered a card last week. They say 7 to 10 business to receive it, although they say mine was mailed out on Monday. I am hoping to get it by the 26th.
If you do it right now, you might get it in time. It's tight now, tho.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 14:10

Hey guys, first time post.

I just saw a billboard in Indy this morning on the way to work. Didn't get a pic since I was driving but for those of you in the Indy area, it was off of 465 on the North side, heading West, between Michigan Rd and the 465/65 split.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 18, 2015 14:10

6s7s9s
Chris Fountain
Can't one just apply for an AMEX card over the phone before tix go on sale? They will probably give you a card number at that time.

NO, they won't.
I tried this. You have to have the actual because you need the "security" number which is printed on the card.
I ordered a card last week. They say 7 to 10 business to receive it, although they say mine was mailed out on Monday. I am hoping to get it by the 26th.
If you do it right now, you might get it in time. It's tight now, tho.

Another thing, Ammex is different with their security code. It is printed on the front side of the card and is 4 digits.

Posted by: dlowe ()
Date: March 18, 2015 14:34

Street Fighting Man deserves a permanent spot in the set.

Keith bring back Slipping Away. It is loved.

Here's to hoping this makes it back to the band!!

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 14:39 by dlowe.

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: March 18, 2015 14:47

Hello folks,

I just got on this list, so pardon my ignorance and excitement. I am in Columbus, and wondered if anyone in the know might get me up to date with the May 30 show and how one without an Amex gets a presale or similar process. I expect it will be difficult in any case smiling smiley

Cheers

Carlos
ps-if you want to contact me offlist, I am at rivera.3@osu.edu, but retired so no OSU contacts, still alive smiling smiley

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:01

Sorry, with such a long thread, I will ask... Is it confirmed that the pre-sale is Amex?

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:05

atip
Sorry, with such a long thread, I will ask... Is it confirmed that the pre-sale is Amex?

Till now nothing is confirmed officially!!! Not even a tour......

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:08

jboug44
Hey guys, first time post.

I just saw a billboard in Indy this morning on the way to work. Didn't get a pic since I was driving but for those of you in the Indy area, it was off of 465 on the North side, heading West, between Michigan Rd and the 465/65 split.

Awesome! Someone on Twitter just posted another one on Fall Creek Parkway:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:09

Hopeful that the pre-sale is Amex, and that the card I applied for gets here before the pre-sale starts..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:14

Jordan
Hopeful that the pre-sale is Amex, and that the card I applied for gets here before the pre-sale starts..

I wonder if Amex has had a noticeable increase in applications recently?

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:30

I don't think that sign (Indy) was up over the weekend. I am not to far away.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 18, 2015 15:46

tweedamp3
I don't think that sign (Indy) was up over the weekend. I am not to far away.

Are you close to the one on 465 by 96th & Michigan or the Fall Creek one? I was guessing that Fall Creek picture is between Keystone and the fairgrounds, but I'm not sure.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: March 18, 2015 15:50

I read somewhere that L.A. may be in the mix - but that could be for rehearsals only.

Date: March 18, 2015 15:55

Guys! Tommorow's the day!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It's Stones Eve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 15:56 by stones2000.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:00

So when it's "go time" for tix, do we go to AmEx or Ticketmaster? Is there a code and if yes, PLEASE what is it???

Date: March 18, 2015 16:10

steffialicia
So when it's "go time" for tix, do we go to AmEx or Ticketmaster? Is there a code and if yes, PLEASE what is it???

Just the official tour dates - Not Ticket sales; however, those dates will be provided. We must beat the Scalpers!!!

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:12

closer to 96th.

Date: March 18, 2015 16:13

BTW on the Indy thread a good point was brought up. What will be the Stage configuration? Middle, Front ... any clue?

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:16

Roscoe
Here's something I've been wondering about, and I stress that it's JUST curiosity and NOT for stalking purposes. How many of these cities are the Stones going to actually stay in, or right after each show are they going to fly to some centrally-located big city with a four star hotel? Certainly they could stay at the Hotel Del in San Diego, and I'm sure that Dallas and Atlanta have a Four Seasons hotel. But I find it hard to picture the Stones hanging out for two or three days between shows at a Red Roof Inn in places like Columbus and Buffalo and Indianoplace. And Orlando is nothing more than a god-forsaken tourist trap. So it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing.

I don't think you have traveled much. Indy has several 5 star hotels. Recently hosted the Super Bowl-which was said by the NFL to be the best ever for fans, teams, etc because of the way the city welcomed everyone- and has the newest North American Airport.

By the way, I've been to Columbus, OH several time to see the Stones and my neighbors over there have great hotels and a wonderful downtown as well.

Your impressions of these cities and the Stones is not up to date. Perhaps you should see them on tour in the all of the cities you list and discover something new.

Indy would love to have your hotel money, restaurant money, airfare and taxi money. We are very good at hosting large events and that's why we are getting another Super Bowl.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:19

still shocked we no nothing about mick taylor, guess we'll know soon.

Date: March 18, 2015 16:25

I have seen the Stones 18 times and Mick Taylor was only with them once.

Leave Taylor at home.

Jagger, Richards, Watts and Woods are the ROLLING STONES

This is a huge present from Mick and the Boys.

Stadiums to blow it out one more time.

I personally dont want Mick Taylor there.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:28

jumpontopofmebaby

Leave Taylor at home.

Reasons?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:35

As mentioned on the MT thread a Sticky Fingers Special with Taylor would be the best present...after that they can go off on their stadium tour...

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:43

jumpontopofmebaby

Leave Taylor at home.

Wait a sec you want them to leave Mick Taylor home and play only massive venues? Is this a sarcasm post or a real post, I'm seriously at a loss.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:44

I also hope that there will be LESS Mick Taylor on this tour.

My reasons include the fact that I believe he now subtracts from the mix, as opposed to adding to it. Just like all the other "guests", as talented as they may be, I didn't come to see them.. and would be livid if they were to stay for the whole show, as most of the Taylorites would be as well, I'm sure.

I go to see The Rolling Stones.
Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

Nice to see Bill get in a few shows to celebrate their 50th, and nice to see and hear Taylor as well, however...

They both quit their positions and were replaced long ago.
And neither has stayed in playing shape since.

The only person I wish they could "bring back" for this tour is Bobby.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:49

Columbus is a great city. Might not exactly be tourist-friendly in terms of attractions (though the ZOO is a must - one of the best in the USA!) but the city is just nice place to live, with good infrastructre, great restaurants, shopping centres, downtown etc. It will be a joy to see Stones in Columbus! Though I'd much rather prefere "intimate" show at Nationwide Arena than huge Ohio Stadium... You can't get always what you want, can you? smiling smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 16:50

I have no idea how having Taylor along subtracts from the mix...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home