Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:46

treaclefingers
bv
3DTeafoe
No visit to Chicago this time? Milwaukee perhaps?

I have so many great memories from following The Rolling Stones in America. In 1997 they started the tour in Chicago Tuesday Sept 23. I was at the Bridges To Babylon presss conference in NYC in Brooklyn with the Manhattan backdrop in August 1997, such a great event. Then I went hope for some work, and had a return flight into Chicago on Friday Sept 19. I missed the Double Door show by one day, but next day I was inside Soldier Field for hours, one of the greatest memories as a Stones fan ever. I arrived before the Stones, I was there for hours, and as they arrived backstage, I was sitting like 5-6 feet away from Keith as he walked by me, sitting in the golf cart as "working personel". Later on, I was on the pitch, standing next to Michael Cohl, watching the Stones live on stage. As nobody knows me, I could be standing next to the guy who own the tour without bothering anybody. For may be three hours, more than just a show. I wrote a short report about it here, see link below, but I could, and probably will, write abook about that tour later on:

[www.iorr.org]

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I do love the windy city, and I have seen the Stones in Chicago every tour since then, also in nearby St Louis, my favorite Budweiser city, but on this tour, I will see the Stones next door Chicago in a state I have never seen the Stones before. It will be great experience, I am sure. My countdown has started. It is hard to wait the few remaining weeks when you have this addiction, but I will make it.

MORE BREADCRUMBS!!

Missouri? Iowa? (no way!), Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky??

No offense... Chicago is a given. Illinois is passionate about the Stones. What is is interesting about your post that it is related to the NCAA Basketball Tourney outcome!! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 15:49 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:47

Bv, could you say whether or not I should plan on travelling very far? I'm from Victoria, BC. Maybe a great return to BC Place or CenturyLink Field?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:49

[email protected]
Does that mean Philadelphia will be skipped as well, given it falls in the same category of Boston and Chicago? I thought I read that the Stones liked cheesesteaks as well (ocassionally hoagies). Well, maybe I dreamed that

Any chance of a Baltimore show? Seems they are getting a few more shows at m&T this summer.

If you live in Philadelphia then you must know the Stones visited two times two years ago. Great shows. I might in fact say one of these shows were one of my greatest memories from that tour. "Under The Boardwalk"... They had three shows in the schedule for Philly, but Philly sort of sold fast then slower so Washington picked up last minute on the last show of that 2013 tour, trading in the Philly #3 that was planned, but never happened.

I haven't seen cities from this schedule overlapping the 2013 tour, but this might change of course. LA is an exception. May be NYC will be an exception too, but please do not count on it. If you live in Philly then you will be able to drive or fly to a show this summer quite easily, same state.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:52

I thought Forest Hills in Queens was pretty sure? That doesn't count as NYC? Well, let's wait and see

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:52

stones2000
Bv, could you say whether or not I should plan on travelling very far? I'm from Victoria, BC. Maybe a great return to BC Place or CenturyLink Field?

I think L.A. is your best bet.

Date: March 8, 2015 15:53

Chris Fountain
stones2000

I think L.A. is your best bet.

Maybe, but I'm still waiting for Bv's advice and reply

Date: March 8, 2015 16:02

I am hoping they would do Memphis. I was planning on going there this summer to see Sun records studio, the Stax museum, another museum and the new Blues museum as well as trying to play the Hammond/Piano at some blues open mics down there.

I've never been to Pittsburgh so its defintely a good time for me to fly that day or take Amtrak the day before.

Date: March 8, 2015 16:02

Even somewhere near Salt Lake City would probably be ok. But vancouver/seattle is perfection. I know bv is the only one who really knows for certain...

Date: March 8, 2015 16:09

Harm
I thought Forest Hills in Queens was pretty sure? That doesn't count as NYC? Well, let's wait and see

Don't know about that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:09

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
bv
3DTeafoe
No visit to Chicago this time? Milwaukee perhaps?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I do love the windy city, and I have seen the Stones in Chicago every tour since then, also in nearby St Louis, my favorite Budweiser city, but on this tour, I will see the Stones next door Chicago in a state I have never seen the Stones before. It will be great experience, I am sure. My countdown has started. It is hard to wait the few remaining weeks when you have this addiction, but I will make it.

MORE BREADCRUMBS!!

Missouri? Iowa? (no way!), Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky??

I'll bet on Minneapolis (BV was in Milwaukee in 2005).

For me, Buffalo then Pittsburgh (late june-beginning of july) would be the better option.

Date: March 8, 2015 16:11

IN

Bjornulf

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:16

Still waiting for word of anything in Texas....Anything?

Date: March 8, 2015 16:18

bv
IN

???

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:20

IN = Indiana?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:21

stones2000
bv
IN

???

INdiana

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:23

I believe bv had earlier said amphitheaters my guess for Indiana....

The Klipsch Center..

Or White River State Park Amphitheater...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 16:28 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 8, 2015 16:23

bye bye johnny
stones2000
bv
IN

???

INdiana

Ah. Thanks.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:29

bv
MingSubu
Any chance of the Stones rollin' into Pittsburgh?

Yes.

Thank you!!!

Date: March 8, 2015 16:37

Bv, please! smiling smiley you're my only hope for info right now. Will they be playing anywhere nearby Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, etc?

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:41

Hoping for a Baltimore show at M&T to fill the void between DC and Philly

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:42

Bv sorry to bug you again with this. So no London until 2016?sad smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:42

stones2000
Bv, please! smiling smiley you're my only hope for info right now. Will they be playing anywhere nearby Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, etc?
Or Texas???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:43

I'm guessing the Indiana show will be in one of these centres:

Race-use Speedway Indianapolis Speedway 257 325 1909 all-seater

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football South Bend Notre Dame Stadium 80 795 1930 all-seater

Indianapolis Colts Football Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium 70 000 2008 all-seater

Purdue Boilermakers Football W. Lafayette Ross-Ade Stadium 62 500 1924 all-seater

Indiana Hoosiers Football Bloomington Memorial Stadium 53 500 1960 all-seater

[www.worldstadiums.com]

Date: March 8, 2015 16:43

desertblues68
Bv sorry to bug you again with this. So no London until 2016?sad smileyconfused smiley

Certainly not on the North American leg of the tour, unless we manage London, Ontario.

Date: March 8, 2015 16:45

stones2000

I have no information.

My 'spidey senses' are telling me it's Vancouver. We need a Canadian date and I can't imagine Toronto is going to get yet another show.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:46

Date: March 8, 2015 16:48

treaclefingers
stones2000

I have no information.

My 'spidey senses' are telling me it's Vancouver. We need a Canadian date and I can't imagine Toronto is going to get yet another show.

Thanks! That meant a lot to me smiling smiley. I'm not sure why Bv seems to be ignoring some of our pleas for info, yet responds to some

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:50

Take a deep breath and relax - ALL will be revealed well ahead of any ticket on sale dates.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 8, 2015 16:50

Is there anything planned for Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island? We can pretty much forget New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine

Date: March 8, 2015 16:57

Next year 2016 is another year. Please do not waste time thinking about 2016 now. There are absolutely no plans for 2016. The short term plans for the Stones are this summer in North America. Then there are works for South America late this year may be, the missing link in the world tour. All other major markets have been visited already during 2012-2014. If you missed them in UK, Europe, Asia or Down Under then sorry, go to America this summer, or cross your fingers for something that is not yet planned for.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home