Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 7, 2015 16:57

MisterDDDD

Yes I was at that show! I forgot about the delay! Gary Clark Junior always seems to bring out the rainbows though! TTB is playing again this year with the Dap Kings opening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 16:57 by jabhead.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2015 17:13

More Hot Rocks
Toronto again?

No, more like this:

Toronto?! confused smiley Again?! angry smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 7, 2015 17:42

With the legal recreational status of weed in Colorado, I wonder how long it will be before we see booths at concerts selling it next to the beer? I can just see some enterprising company selling a Sticky Fingers brand at Red Rocks smoking smiley ....Keith should be pleased in any case.

peace

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: March 7, 2015 17:50

Naturalust
With the legal recreational status of weed in Colorado, I wonder how long it will be before we see booths at concerts selling it next to the beer? I can just see some enterprising company selling a Sticky Fingers brand at Red Rocks smoking smiley ....Keith should be pleased in any case.

peace

For what it's worth, public consumption is still illegal. Typically a blind eye is turned to use at Red Rocks, but not always. Also the retail sales are limited to storefront type establishments, no "booth sales".

I do think it is likely that a sticky fingers strain will be marketed around the state when they play here. I may even adopt the moniker for one of my personal strains....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 7, 2015 17:54

Naturalust

peace

With the herb also being legal here in Washington State, I must say that Red Rocks was the most "user-friendly" venue I've been at.. All the smoke coming from the crowd, instead of the stage, may make for some great video!!

PS Bob Marley's heirs just started marketing a brand of legal weed.. I think the band licensing a "Sticky Fingers" brand is a great and not all that far-fetched idea in the future...

Date: March 7, 2015 18:11

Those (double!!) rainbows were amazing! As was TTB and Gary Clark Jr..

So glad I went last year now.. for familiarity and a whole lotta other reasons!!

I saw that TTB is playing there again on June 13th.. another favorite of mine, Lucinda Williams, is playing June 6th.. If the stars align,I would love to see the Stones date land in between the two, and I could spend the week!!

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 7, 2015 18:42

Red Rocks is THE best venue in the US.Saw the Dead there multiple times.

It can be rough getting up that hill though !! LOL

The Stones will blow this place apart.If they only do one show
it will be a tough ticket.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 7, 2015 18:43

Wow if they did Red Rocks it would be amazing. A short 45 minute drive for us and a dream come true!! The sound at the venue is perfect, we saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers there last summer and it was great. Have tickets to see Ryan Adams there this June. That would make for a great concert dvd as well. Be great if they did multiple shows there since it only holds 9,000. Crossing my fingers

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 7, 2015 18:47

It says on Lisa Fischer's website that she will be playing in L.A. at the beginning of May, as well as August. She is also scheduled for the Vancouver (Canada) Jazz Festival June 25 - though it's not on her website (yet).

Assuming these dates stick, we've got a bit of a time frame for the tour, and maybe a Vancouver or Seattle date.

[www.coastaljazz.ca]

Date: March 7, 2015 19:32

Thanks so much for that.. it led me to buying a ticket to see her NEXT friday night in Seattle... I think you must be right that the boys will be playing Vancouver and/or Seattle around June 25th though!! Yay!!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 7, 2015 19:33

I'm definitely up for Red Rocks if I can score tickets! I surely hope to catch some more initmate gig on this tour rather than huge stadium. Just like BV's said, Waldbühne was highlight of 2014 run and I can't wait for another Stones show like that!

BV, do you think they will do "Lucky Dip" tix on this tour as well?

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 7, 2015 21:40

Mick Taylor Thread now closed boo....

so without further adieu

MORE MICK TAYLOR!!!!

Date: March 7, 2015 21:50

Captainchaos
Mick Taylor Thread now closed boo....

so without further adieu

MORE MICK TAYLOR!!!!

What do you mean "without further adieu"???

MORE ADIEU!!!!

Prolly Jagger who doesn't want any further adieu on this tour... b@stard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 21:52 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: ErikMalmo ()
Date: March 7, 2015 22:16

Hi
Saw them 3 times last year Abu-Dhabi, Vienna and Roskilde and will definetly see them again.t
Hope to get tickets for red rocks - but how??
Erik Malmö

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 7, 2015 22:17

ErikMalmo
Hi
Saw them 3 times last year Abu-Dhabi, Vienna and Roskilde and will definetly see them again.t
Hope to get tickets for red rocks - but how??
Erik Malmö

Axs tickets. You're going to love the waiting room.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 7, 2015 22:55

Not all Red Rocks shows are AXS.

For instance this year Steely Dan is ticketmaster, Ryan Adams is AXS.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2015 00:35

Naturalust
Well since you ask, the big shots near San Diego are obviously LA, the best way to promote a re-release is at least one show, the timing probably corresponding closely to the anniversary of the April 21, 1971 original release day.

Just noticing the the LA Forum and Hollywood Bowl are free that whole week.....cool smiley

peace

A bit weird they'd put so much emphasis on the SF re-release... It's not like it's Sgt Pepper or even Exile in the eyes of the general public is it? Well I suppose they need a "concept" they can tour behind but still, they're really scraping it. And adding insult to injury they've uninvited the man who gave that album it's best moments.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 8, 2015 00:45

gotdablouse
A bit weird they'd put so much emphasis on the SF re-release... It's not like it's Sgt Pepper or even Exile in the eyes of the general public is it? Well I suppose they need a "concept" they can tour behind but still, they're really scraping it. And adding insult to injury they've uninvited the man who gave that album it's best moments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sticky Fingers their most successful album in terms of individual sales? (I know Exile is a double album so it may have brought more income) They've already played out the Exile album and you can't play the whole damn thing anyway.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 8, 2015 00:47

Hello IORR’s. I am a long time lerker, first time poster. It is such an exciting time to be a RS fan! Thank you BV for hosting this site and for all the information. I can’t wait for the rumored dates to be posted on the 2015 Tour Date page!

I have been a fan since I first heard Sympathy played at basketball practice while in the 8th grade. 35 years later and having seen the Stones over 60 times in a half dozen countries and a dozen states I am more excited then ever to see them again!

Ill take what they give! War horses, ballads, covers and rarities-SF in stadiums will be great! Big band, stripped, w/wo MT-if thats how the boys want it, thats what Ill take! They decide and make it come out better than anyone else. I have never walked out of a RS concert not wanting more and sure what I had just seen was the best.

Having a very responsible life, being an accountant with a significant other and four kids, The Rolling Stones are the freedom, sex, drugs and rock and roll that I celebrate (at least in my head)! I last saw them in 2012/2013 attending the two Newark shows and three Chicago shows. I plan to see them much more this tour. I hope to camp out at rehearsals (for the first time) and attend shows in many new cities! I am fortunate to be self employed and very slow during May, June and July. It would be nice to meet some of you and to hang out with other solo traveling fans in these cities.

A few more thanks: The posters and insiders for sharing intimate knowledge of the band; Rene for the track talk and those posters there with technical and guitar knowledge that I lack; and again BV for providing this site for us fans to enjoy being fans.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: March 8, 2015 00:51

gotdablouse
Naturalust
Well since you ask, the big shots near San Diego are obviously LA, the best way to promote a re-release is at least one show, the timing probably corresponding closely to the anniversary of the April 21, 1971 original release day.

Just noticing the the LA Forum and Hollywood Bowl are free that whole week.....cool smiley

peace

And adding insult to injury they've uninvited the man who gave that album it's best moments.
They uninvited Mick Jagger ?

Date: March 8, 2015 00:53

24FPS
gotdablouse
And adding insult to injury they've uninvited the man who gave that album it's best moments.

"insult" and "injury"
Snicker.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 8, 2015 00:59

gotdablouse
Naturalust

peace

Not so weird considering it was one of their best records and they don't have anything else new to promote. I think the release will be excellent and am looking forward to it and to learning just how they will work the SF theme and music into their upcoming tour. I have the feeling all the MT uninvited stuff is a bit premature and will wait for an official statement on guests before being disappointed. I could see them including him for the entire SF set at promo show in May and depending how that works out, possibly including him more. They are well aware of his contributions to SF and obviously have been thinking of him during the re-release project. Let's wait and see.

peace

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:01

TE
Aquamarine
Only been to one rock show at Red Rocks--the heat was brutal, and it was a GA show which was chaos when three entrances around the venue were opened simultaneously. It's a beautiful, beautiful place, but not even the Stones would get me there again during the hottest months. (And I'm used to heat.)

Guess we had the same in Berlin this summer. The Waldbuhne show was stinking hot. In the queue for 6 hrs in the sun to score the front row. Temp around 35C, trying to drink as little water as possible in fear of a toilet... Met the wall after Midnight Rambler. Took a walk and saw the rest of the show from various places in there. Was actually cool to see the stage from diffent angels. What a place. But that heat that day. Not often I leave the front row...

TE
Oslo

I really wasn't expecting it to be that hot in Berlin, either, and no shade anywhere. (Which was also true at Red Rocks, where we waited in line from before dawn.) Makes it hard to reach the point where you just forget all that and get into the show.

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:27

Nicely said!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:32

Weather, Money, matter of Venue will not Stop Us!

We're going to the Concert!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:50

treaclefingers
More Hot Rocks
Toronto again?

No, more like this:

Toronto?! confused smiley Again?! angry smiley

So there!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:56

Toronto is the North American home of the Stones!!!! Not NYC. Love it. I live in Buffalo, NY. 2 hours away from Toronto!! Never been to NYC and never will.

Date: March 8, 2015 02:14

If May 12th is the approximate start date and there are 14/15 shows which would b 7 weeks, is it safe to say that the tour would end early July?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 02:40

How likely do you think it is for the Stones to come to Vancouver or Seattle? I'm a huge stones fan, just started using this board smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 8, 2015 02:58

stones2000
How likely do you think it is for the Stones to come to Vancouver or Seattle? I'm a huge stones fan, just started using this board smiling smiley

Well, you have picked the right place to visit.

Tour Date and Venues are uncertain. Funny thing- I think Seattle, Portland , and Vancouver have been neglected as far as concert venues are concerned over many years. I will help!

We're Going to the Concert!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home