Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:37

longhorn14
Keefy
There have been no Texas shows since Austin 2006. 9 years. They are due for Texas..Any word?
Has it been that long since Zilker where they filmed the ABB DVD? Man, time flies. Would LOVE to see them in Austin again.
We should get together sometime, Keefy! I don't run into too many hardcore Stones fans around Austin often...
Surethumbs up Im in South Austin..Yeah Im hoping for a Texas date or a LA or Vegas date after June 4th as I have to go to Vegas and LA sometime after that date in June or July..Ive been holding out on making travel plans waiting for an announcement. Yeah Zilker was one of the best shows Ive seen of the around 17 shows Ive seen since 81 Dallas Cotton Bowl on Halloween...

Date: March 9, 2015 17:42

jumpontopofmebaby
Surley Texas and Florida get a show.

Dallas Cotton Bowl.

Great place to see the Stones. Then add ZZ Top and you got a repeat of 1981!

Come on Mick and the Boys.

Been too long for Texas

Dallas loves the Stones!
Yes that would be awesome..I saw that show in 81.The Halloween show was unreal in the torrential rainstorm.The Stones carried on with an awesome show..They seemed to put more in it because of the rain.The boot tapes prove this...Still waiting for word on Texas..BV's silence on it makes me worry...confused smiley

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:52

Keefy
longhorn14
Keefy
There have been no Texas shows since Austin 2006. 9 years. They are due for Texas..Any word?
Has it been that long since Zilker where they filmed the ABB DVD? Man, time flies. Would LOVE to see them in Austin again.
We should get together sometime, Keefy! I don't run into too many hardcore Stones fans around Austin often...
Surethumbs up Im in South Austin..Yeah Im hoping for a Texas date or a LA or Vegas date after June 4th as I have to go to Vegas and LA sometime after that date in June or July..Ive been holding out on making travel plans waiting for an announcement. Yeah Zilker was one of the best shows Ive seen of the around 17 shows Ive seen since 81 Dallas Cotton Bowl on Halloween...
The only show I liked more than Zilker was the Madrid show last year. Would love to have the Stones back in Austin--that would allow me to catch them once at home and then again on the road. I'm in SW Austin (Lakeway). Let's get together at some point, Keefy!

Date: March 9, 2015 17:53

Yes Halloween Day 1981 was a rain show for sure and my 1st Stones show ever!

Remember Mick rolling down the wet stage.

Didnt rain for the Thunderbirds or ZZ

But the next day was a perfect day in Texas!

Come on MICK Texas is due!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:54

3DTeafoe
Alpine Valley in Troy, Wisconsin is next to Illinois. That would be nice.

BV already said Indiana.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:56

Limbostone
Anyone else thinks the tour will be called '15 on Fire'?

Fifty and Counting
Fourteen on Fire (approx. 14 shows/leg)
Fifteen on Fire (15 shows North America).

In 2016 of course there will be no tour, since the F-wordplay can not be continued. winking smiley

I like the 15 on Fire name! But I think, since it's rumored to be a sticky fingers tour, there'll probably be a different name. I think someone else suggested "Sticky 15".

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:58

Sweet 15.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:00

The band won't be playing the BluesFest in Ottawa...only Quebec first week july...

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:00

I'll skip the festivals. I go to Stones' shows to see The Stones.

Date: March 9, 2015 18:03

I don't like festivals, but I will go to to Quebec to hear Jagger speaks french one more time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 18:04 by montreal1.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:07

stones2000
Limbostone
Anyone else thinks the tour will be called '15 on Fire'?

Fifty and Counting
Fourteen on Fire (approx. 14 shows/leg)
Fifteen on Fire (15 shows North America).

In 2016 of course there will be no tour, since the F-wordplay can not be continued. winking smiley

I like the 15 on Fire name! But I think, since it's rumored to be a sticky fingers tour, there'll probably be a different name. I think someone else suggested "Sticky 15".

Someone earlier said "Three Hands On Deck" tour...I quite liked that one.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:09

swimtothemoon
3DTeafoe

BV already said Indiana.

Thanks, I must have missed the post.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:16

DoomandGloom
Sweet 15.

Image deleted... Have you saved it?

As for Forest Hills rumour - that was previously started here and the reason for multiple nights was supposed to be DVD recording... Otherwise I can't see it as well.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:17

3DTeafoe

Aside from the Indiana info I'm pretty sure AV is closed.....I know the property is for sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 18:18 by Woz.

Date: March 9, 2015 18:18

longhorn14
Keefy
longhorn14
Keefy
The only show I liked more than Zilker was the Madrid show last year. Would love to have the Stones back in Austin--that would allow me to catch them once at home and then again on the road. I'm in SW Austin (Lakeway). Let's get together at some point, Keefy!
Hit me up on Facebook(Keith Kinkle) if you have one or send me an email([email protected]) and let me know your from IORR. I used to hang out in Lakeway when my cousin lived there before she moved back to Dallas a few years back, and I've played at Detours when it was around out there.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:08

Moncton still in play...July 4th...sounds like it may be down to them or Quebec now...who will sweeten the pot!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:12

treaclefingers
Irix
15 Fingers winking smiley

Three Hands On Deck?

The "Mick Taylor We [[b]DON'T[/b]] Miss You" tour?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:20

So, just for a recap, hasn't bv only confirmed roughly half of the dates?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:21

PaintitBlue
Moncton still in play...July 4th...sounds like it may be down to them or Quebec now...who will sweeten the pot!

OK, stop with the Moncton already....you're getting all the Atlantic Canadians frothing at the mouth.

Lightning won't strike twice.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:36

3DTeafoe
swimtothemoon
3DTeafoe

BV already said Indiana.

Thanks, I must have missed the post.

Indiana makes sense. (Which means Indianapolis) It's centrally located between Chicago, Cincinnati, and Louisville. I'm assuming the concert would be in Lucas Oil Stadium, where the Indianapolis Colts play. The stadium is relatively new (The Super Bowl was played there a couple years back) and the Stones have never played there.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:54

Naturalust
MisterDDDD
wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Kansas City OR St. Louis, MO??
Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Festival

Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium OR Indianapolis Speedway
Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
New York, NY @ Forest Hills (2-3 dates?)
Buffalo, NY @ Coca-Cola Field OR UB Stadium
Ottawa, ON @ Bluesfest OR Quebec City, QB @ Festival d'été

I think two to three nights in NYC are very unlikely, and four nights in the state has me believing you must be a very optimistic New Yorker..
BV did say something to the effect of criss-crossing the country as well as mentioning the unlikeliness of multiple nights at any venue.

In light of all that, and factoring in the size of the market(s) in Vancouver/Seattle/Portland, as well as their absence on the last tour, I think it's almost a lock that you'll see one or two shows in the Northwest.

I also think you'll see another Vegas appearance... Also the LA rumor looked more like a kick-off event(Kimmel?) as opposed to a show..

Vancouver or Seattle festival appearance included in rumors.
San Francisco for sure, likely ATT Park, June 6th or so
I think the LA appearance will indeed be a concert, not a TV show, while a Kimmel appearance would be cool, it is by no means cool enough.
I also think this multiple NY shows rumor is false, just doesn't make sense with all the other places that want and deserve to see them play.
Vegas? It doesn't make sense to me, maybe in 2017 for a couple weeks of shows.

I get the feeling the Stones webmaster has the dates all written up for their website and is standing by waiting to hit the publish button.....

peace

peace

Letterman is done May 20, looks like Keith will win that war. But I always wanted to see the Stones play at the Ed Sullivan Theatre another time.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 21:00 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2015 20:59

Recap:

Cities/States "confirmed" by bv to date:

La (announcement/show?)
San Diego (the start)
Buffalo
Indiana
Morrison (Red Rocks)
Pittsburgh

The rest are pure speculation as opposed to the bv variety... ; )

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 9, 2015 21:10

Maindefender
Naturalust
MisterDDDD
wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

I think two to three nights in NYC are very unlikely, and four nights in the state has me believing you must be a very optimistic New Yorker..
BV did say something to the effect of criss-crossing the country as well as mentioning the unlikeliness of multiple nights at any venue.

In light of all that, and factoring in the size of the market(s) in Vancouver/Seattle/Portland, as well as their absence on the last tour, I think it's almost a lock that you'll see one or two shows in the Northwest.

I also think you'll see another Vegas appearance... Also the LA rumor looked more like a kick-off event(Kimmel?) as opposed to a show..

I think the LA appearance will indeed be a concert, not a TV show, while a Kimmel appearance would be cool, it is by no means cool enough.
I also think this multiple NY shows rumor is false, just doesn't make sense with all the other places that want and deserve to see them play.

I get the feeling the Stones webmaster has the dates all written up for their website and is standing by waiting to hit the publish button.....

peace

peace

Letterman is done May 20, looks like Keith will win that war. But I always wanted to see the Stones play at the Ed Sullivan Theatre another time.

Maybe the stones will do David Letterman's last show. Might be difficult though
If the stones begin on the west coast and rehearse on the west coast. At least
Challenging to physically be in David's theater at that time.

Date: March 9, 2015 21:43

Spoke to a reliable source and he told me to keep thinking about new Ontario festival, not Quebec, and Buffalo not on the list...Make sense Bonnaroo guy has money to pay the bill !

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:01

I grew up and spent most of my early adult life as a HURRYING HOOSIER, which is the big reason behind my screen name. Almost all of my relatives still live in Indiana. I was born in April, saw my first Indy 500 in May, made the paper as the youngest fan. Saw 30 more races, my dear old dad was a USAC Official when that was the sanctioning body for the Indianapolis 500 in May. 57 years on my family still has a block of tickets to the Indianapolis 500 and pit passes.

So, for what it is worth, this is what I hear. Independence Day, July 4 2015, the Rolling Stones will play the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The stage will be set in the 1/4 mile curve known as turn 3. Seating will probably be in the infield, though some whispers include temporary stands being constructed.

That's what I hear, though I have seen no contract. Then again I would be happy to have that all shot down if someone with real knowledge says it ain't so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 22:33 by kahoosier.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:04

DAMN!
This is getting GOOD!!!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:06

treaclefingers
PaintitBlue

OK, stop with the Moncton already....you're getting all the Atlantic Canadians frothing at the mouth.

Lightning won't strike twice.

Nothing wrong with a little mouth-frothing...myself is included in that demographic after all. Lightning strikes twice all the time in these parts treacle

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:15

kahoosier
I grew up and spent most of my early adult life as a HURRYING HOOSIER, which is the big reason behind my screen name. Almost all of my relatives still live in Indiana. I was born in April, saw my fist Indy 500 in May, made the paper as the youngest fan. Saw 30 more races, my dear old dad was a USAC Official when that was the sanctioning body for the Indianapolis 500 in May. 57 years on my family still has a block of tickets to the Indianapolis 500 and pit passes.

So, for what it is worth, this is what I hear. Independence Day, July 4 2015, the Rolling Stones will play the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The stage will be set in the 1/4 mile curve known as turn 3. Seating will probably be in the infield, though some whispers include temporary stands being constructed.

That's what I hear, though I have seen no contract. Then again I would be happy to have that all shot down if someone with real knowledge says it ain't so.

if this this the case, it gives me good reason to not stick around chicago where the dead are playing some impossible-to-get-tickets-for shows!

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:19

Maindefender
Naturalust
MisterDDDD
wickerman

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

peace

peace

Why is San Francisco a lock? They played in Oakland which is 5 or 6 miles from San Francisco & San Jose is about 60 miles South

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home